Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
veteran
OP Offline
veteran
31st of August 2023

veteran
veteran
I like Ketheric's armor.

I wonder if we'll be going to Baldur's Gate before going to Moonrise, or if we're going to lose our first battle with him.

veteran
veteran
Do you think that gem in his armor is where they put the Sharran Stone, heh

S
old hand
old hand
S
Wooo displacer beast wild shape! Moon druid may be saved! birthday

veteran
veteran
Well this is quite exciting. I'm genuinely shocked that Kethric is a character that's around. Based on this trailer it seems he's gonna be our main nemesis? That's an interesting choice from a story perspective. I think we probably lose our first battle at moonrise and get brought to Baldur's Gate to heal. The trailer made it look like the fight doesn't go well for us.

Volunteer Moderator
Volunteer Moderator
See https://forums.larian.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=845181 for the full community update including the release date trailer.

"You may call it 'nonsense' if you like, but I've heard nonsense, compared with which that would be as sensible as a dictionary!"
veteran
veteran
I'd still like to believe he's one of the lieutenants, or maybe the Bodhi to the real villain.

We still have a Hellish angle that hasn't been broached at all. I almost made a pun there

veteran
veteran
Well when I say nemesis I do specifically mean like a lietenant. Basically is he going to be (one of) the villains who we as the character are going to be interactign with and building up a personal relationship with? It sounds like yes which is interesting since thus far he's been absent from act 1, so we've not really gotten a chance to invest in any villains really in act one. Which probably is more of a problem on paper than it is in-play. But I'm much more interested in them sharing the final companions rather than the antagonists.

W
veteran
veteran
W
Originally Posted by Gray Ghost
Well this is quite exciting. I'm genuinely shocked that Kethric is a character that's around. Based on this trailer it seems he's gonna be our main nemesis? That's an interesting choice from a story perspective. I think we probably lose our first battle at moonrise and get brought to Baldur's Gate to heal. The trailer made it look like the fight doesn't go well for us.

“Ketheric isn’t the antagonist, but one of three main antagonists that your party will need to contend with if you ever want to get those tadpoles out of your head (maybe even if you decide you don’t 😏).”

I’m not sure who you think this is, but I’m pretty sure it’s a original character new to BG3. I couldn’t find anything non-BG3 related about him.

veteran
veteran
Oh I assumed he was original to BG3, I just was shocked he was around because the mentions of him in game have been sparse and not really made him seem that important to the plot up to now. Just another past historical figure.

veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by snowram
Wooo displacer beast wild shape! Moon druid may be saved! birthday
So great! Displacer beast and owlbear!!!

veteran
veteran
I hate to ruin the mood ...
But just as with Beastmaster i have to ask ... is it "normal" for druids to turn into displacer beasts? O_o

Bcs, while i have no idea what that kittyctopus is, it doesnt really seem like "regular animal". O_o

//Edit:
https://forgottenrealms.fandom.com/wiki/Displacer_beast
So ... it seems like its not, if i read it corectly. :-/

Last edited by RagnarokCzD; 23/02/23 11:06 PM.

I still dont understand why cant we change Race for our hirelings. frown
Lets us play Githyanki as racist as they trully are! frown
veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by RagnarokCzD
But just as with Beastmaster i have to ask ... is it "normal" for druids to turn into displacer beasts?
Yes!!!! And it is also normal to have them for pets!🐈‍⬛🐈‍⬛🐈‍⬛

S
old hand
old hand
S
I have a suspicion 50% of players would kill him just for that armour

enthusiast
enthusiast
Originally Posted by Silver/
I have a suspicion 50% of players would kill him just for that armour
I tried it on the paladin oath breaker lich, sadly his equipment did not exist

If this true soul leader has heavy armour he better be afraid

Last edited by Xzoviac; 23/02/23 11:30 PM.
S
old hand
old hand
S
Originally Posted by RagnarokCzD
But just as with Beastmaster i have to ask ... is it "normal" for druids to turn into displacer beasts? O_o

Bcs, while i have no idea what that kittyctopus is, it doesnt really seem like "regular animal". O_o

//Edit:
https://forgottenrealms.fandom.com/wiki/Displacer_beast
So ... it seems like its not, if i read it corectly. :-/
It is an illithid power, it has the same animation playing with all the tentacles.

addict
addict
Originally Posted by Sozz
I like Ketheric's armor.

I do not. This armour says that the bloke wearing it is a poser, and that he's probably got two fake exhaust pipes on his car too.
The guy would be much more menacing if his armour were dull, rusty, dented and practical. But I guess that would be less fun for the game designers.

Last edited by Ikke; 23/02/23 11:53 PM.
veteran
veteran
hmm, I must say, seeing no obviously new environments (at least that I could obviously tell on one watching) is a bit disappointing. Ketheric as well doesn't scream intimidating antagonist to me as well. It seems odd that the entire first act is seemingly not going to have any direct contact with the main antagonist.

Oh well, at least it's coming soon and we'll be able to finally figure out what the hell this game is lol. Despite my misgivings, I'm looking forward to playing the full game.

veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by Ikke
rusty, dented and practical.
Not sure these work together.

But he's the big bad, and a cult leader at that. He's got a whole death motif going, which is fits in with his backstory and the rest of the Bhaal-ish stuff going on. Plus he's a caster.
I first thought the spine on his back was the handle of his hammer, but It's actually part of the armor, so skeletons are in, perfect for a Death Knight.

Practical armor is for Muggles.

Originally Posted by Boblawblah
hmm, I must say, seeing no obviously new environments (at least that I could obviously tell on one watching) is a bit disappointing
Is the stuff at 0:34 and 0:47 new?

Last edited by Sozz; 24/02/23 02:00 AM.
W
veteran
veteran
W
Originally Posted by Sozz
Originally Posted by Ikke
rusty, dented and practical.
Not sure these work together.

But he's the big bad, and a cult leader at that. He's got a whole death motif going, which is fits in with his backstory and the rest of the Bhaal-ish stuff going on. Plus he's a caster.
I first thought the spine on his back was the handle of his hammer, but It's actually part of the armor, so skeletons are in, perfect for a Death Knight.

Practical armor is for Muggles.

Originally Posted by Boblawblah
hmm, I must say, seeing no obviously new environments (at least that I could obviously tell on one watching) is a bit disappointing
Is the stuff at 0:34 and 0:47 new?

He’s not the big bad. He is one of the Absolute’s three lieutenants.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  Dom_Larian, Freddo, vometia 

Link Copied to Clipboard