Larian Studios
Posted By: envyangel OMG where is patch 7! - 15/05/24 10:10 PM
OMG where is patch 7!
Any idea when this is coming? Didn't they say end of April/beginning of May?
I need the mod tools :P

I know I know it can be done manually.
Just don't want to deal with the manual process of getting them to work on my SD.
Posted By: ArneBab Re: OMG where is patch 7! - 15/05/24 11:51 PM
You just got me excited, and now I’ll … still be opening the news page every day to see whether I should update hehe
Posted By: AD231 Re: OMG where is patch 7! - 16/05/24 12:11 PM
It's still months away. They need to make sure the mod tools work okay on multiple platforms before releasing. If they release it now and destroy countless hours of gameplay people will blame them. Like all things with Larian it'll be released when it's ready and not before.
Posted By: Brainer Re: OMG where is patch 7! - 16/05/24 04:43 PM
Originally Posted by AD231
Like all things with Larian it'll be released when it's ready and not before.
Pffffffff.

If only that were true.
Posted By: Xenonian Re: OMG where is patch 7! - 17/05/24 06:02 AM
Hence why months away statemens have dropped for quite some time, when patch 6 was released it did break the game quite badly so it will be a lot of testing phases for patch 7 to reduce as much hotfixing as possible, but regardless how long you beta test with as many people as possible, understandable something always breaks that just emerges once millions if not ten of millions of people start downloading it to hundred differently configurated systems.
Posted By: envyangel Re: OMG where is patch 7! - 18/05/24 03:12 AM
For some reason I thought they said it was suppose to be release late last month/early this month.
Posted By: Jordaker Re: OMG where is patch 7! - 22/05/24 04:56 PM

Six patches and 25 hotfixes suggest otherwise.
Posted By: Ixal Re: OMG where is patch 7! - 23/05/24 08:45 AM
Originally Posted by Jordaker

Six patches and 25 hotfixes suggest otherwise.
Probably have to rewrite the patch content 4 times, adding mire sex appeal each time and spending half the budget on rendering glossy lips...
Posted By: Count Turnipsome Re: OMG where is patch 7! - 23/05/24 04:28 PM
The state of the gaming industry have you believe Larian is all roses.
They are just lucky things are that bad everywhere around them. Makes them stand out.
BG3 Chapter 1 is amazing. The rest is pretty much standard fair. Nothing to write home about.

Multiple system releases just killed the rest of the game quality for everyone. I think they should of concentrated on just a PC release. Console releases are shit compared to PC/MAC for this type of game. Why even bother (yea, $$$). The UI is just awful and near unplayable unless your a masochist.
Posted By: Halycon Styxland Re: OMG where is patch 7! - 24/05/24 01:24 PM
I dont know about unplayable but the interface is not the strongest suit of the game, thats for sure.
Posted By: AD231 Re: OMG where is patch 7! - 24/05/24 03:40 PM
Which is why I can't wait fir mod tools. Hopefully someone will be skilled enough to improve the UI on console since we all know Larian ain't gonna do it.
Posted By: Draco359 Re: OMG where is patch 7! - 27/05/24 03:27 AM
I'm guessing they are struggling with providing mod support.

Meanwhile Halsin retains a plethora of bugged abilities (Thunderwave and Healing Word count as Domain spells for Druids. The bug consists of the fact that these spells can't be upcasted).

Tiefling Racials will also stay ambiguous - you will never know if they scale based on the caster class that unlocked the Tiefling Racial spell in question or if it stays defaulted to Cha. I get you can probably google the answer, but it would be nice if this was instead explained in game.

Same for the fact that Magic Initiate doesn't work like in TTRPG and that you can get Cha based Shillelagh with Magic Initate Druid since you can't get it the way most TTRPG players are used to - by grabbing Pact of the Tome.
Posted By: AD231 Re: OMG where is patch 7! - 27/05/24 07:04 AM
Your meant to explore these things for yourself not just handheld every step of the way.
Posted By: Paen Re: OMG where is patch 7! - 29/05/24 01:54 AM
Patiently waiting, I think I've had all the fun I can have (for a while at least)
I need Transmog and NG+ or mods that mimic it (I play on Ps5)
Posted By: Black_Elk Re: OMG where is patch 7! - 29/05/24 04:20 AM
Originally Posted by Paen
Patiently waiting, I think I've had all the fun I can have (for a while at least)
I need Transmog and NG+ or mods that mimic it (I play on Ps5)

I feel that!

Here, just cause I'm still probably in denial that this game could ever possibly end...

Sure I'm still a little salty we won't be getting a Durlag's follow up, or an expansion or another sequel set in the Realms made by Larian, but that ship seems to have sailed already, so instead I'm just fixating on what I still want from the last patches. Like to go in the vanilla thing. Starting with the lowest hanging fruit, like the stuff that's just sorta sitting on the ground next to the overturned wagon hehe... Long winded per the usual.

1. Portrait Colors:

Absent any new faces or any fancy new cast-directing additions made via nexus mods, it would be nice to at least have some Major/Minor colors for the portraits. If we play with the same face many times this is an expedient way to differentiate one BG character from the next with a quickie visual. For example, we might have Purple Gale of Waterdeep the Evocation Wizard vs Red Gale the Necromancer of Thay (you know burning bright to match Shovel? hehe) vs maybe Green Gale the Abjuration Defender of the Grove etc. Whatever, you get the idea, it's mostly a way to provide something like Clothing Dyes for our character's avatar, but which would carry through into the portrait visual more prominently. Basically like the dominant color of the background gradient, or perhaps colored lights, or something that will carry when the image is reduced in size the way it displays on all the various screens in-game.

Here's a busted visual for the 90's hologram riff to aid the imagination, cause like this is what happens right? I mean when nobody is in charge of the glowsticks at this rave lol. Imoen all trying to get the dream team back together for her budget BG1, like some kinda Dark Horse callback hehe. Obviously we'd require something rather less jank, but for a VCR impressionistic take, sorta captures the spirit of what I'd want... vaguely, anyway. We're all holograms now

[Linked Image from i.ibb.co]

Something like a makeup palette I guess, but where we can do glow-ups for our portraits using the pool party lights, and then preview that image within character creation or level up or at the mirror.

2. Starting Equipment/Wardrobe Hidden Capes, Transmog and the like:

Currently not a thing, but surely could be, right? Just seems like a lot of mileage could be gained from some new duds at the outset. I think I could even go for a starting thematic weapon or item, like a pick one from the horde type moment. To me that would be more interesting than designing a whole build around some meta item acquisition that doesn't come online till half the game is already over. Even a weak sort of spread with some flavor there would be nice. I just think it would be cool to see a screen that looks like an actual shopkeep. For the Char Sheet/Avatar in-game screen visualization, a way to hide/show weapons or equipment, for everything. This is just to give the player a way to work around wonky clipping. Currently can't wear a hat with camp clothing, or a cape, or vice versa. Hidden weapons would be a way to get weapons off the back, stuff like that. Just keep it simple, hide/show item. Could work for any item in the selected character's inventory. That way the player can use it like disguise/dress up without having to noodle around with all the buffs or debuffs and that sort of tedium. Doing a show/hide option would give players a reason to keep the good looking stuff in a character's inventory rather than just sitting in the trunk at camp. This would be one step closer towards the ideal of a progressive transmog, but more built-in rather than reliant on mods to present the nuts and bolts on the concept. This way they could still gate the aesthetic progression by act and item availability within the party's inventory and little things like that to make it feel sensible.

3. Nightmare Difficulty Mode:

It's the only place left to go after Honour lol. I imagine this as basically the Custom Difficulty Mode with all the sliders cranked to the Max, but also the single save aspect, and then something probably on top of that as well, just to make it even heavier. I think a good option would be the idea of cursed gold where GP just becomes worthless to the party and only stuff like gems or equipment can be used to barter. Maybe an increased weight for everything within the game-world x4 to compliment, so stuff like barrels can only be used situationally. This would tamp down on the monty haul for treasure overall and make camp supplies a more critical resource (for anyone who's trying to nightmare it as a class other than a Rogue or a Ranger at least.) Other options might be Ethel poisoning all the consumables, so some sort of Hex on the party that prevents them from using healing potions or elixirs or scrolls purchased from merchants, just to make the party's class abilities more essential and chest drops more valuable. Withers could blow up the camp community Chest after he appears, just to make encumbrance and inventory tetris more relevant. I feel like some of these could be more pick and choose your nightmare, because not every class or party comp will have the same degree of challenge, but if it's a setting or a mode, the idea would be that everything is somewhat more restricted but with a bit of a buffet on it to accommodate varying tastes.

So for example to make the Nightmare even more punishing, maybe no rez scrolls or resurrections from Withers, or perhaps only just once, so we can still have the dialogue, but then he calls it quits? Hireling Zombies are sorta tough as well, ideally you'd want to keep them as an option for the custom party comp, but again these might represent different challenges within the same mode, since Lone Wolf Solo I think could be an entirely different campaign within the same basic set up. If there are peeps at camp anyway, then perhaps some sort of anti-magic field envelopes us wherever we try to pitch camp? This would prevent camp casting exploits from the various hangers on. Something along those lines. I think the key for any of this is to have the goalposts attached to specific gameplay challenges and laid out in the settings options. I enjoy it more when the game tells us the challenge and gives us something to aim for, rather than trying to restrict myself on the fly or be my own scorekeeper for what flies and what doesn't. The rewards could be just the same sort of thing as we get with the Golden Dice, but using a full spectrum of colors there. Currently we got Purple, Blue, Gold, so having Red and Green dice would probably be nice. The Black Die could also make an appearance, that would be sweet. I had hoped for the black goat, but I feel somehow It will need to be a mod. Anyhow, here's to expanding the definition of Patch, just to make sure the last one is sufficiently ridiculous.

https://www.etymonline.com/search?q=patch

patch (n.1)
"piece of cloth used to mend another material," late 14c., pacche, of obscure origin, perhaps a variant of pece, pieche, from Old North French pieche (see piece (n.1)), or from an unrecorded Old English word (Old English had claðflyhte for "a patch").

Meaning "portion of any surface different from what is around it" is from 1590s. That of "small piece of ground," especially one under cultivation, is from 1570s. As "small piece of plaster used on the face," to cover blemishes or enhance beauty is from 1590s. Phrase not a patch on "nowhere near as good as" is from 1860.
also from late 14c.

patch (n.2)

"fool, clown," 1540s, perhaps from Italian pazzo "fool," a word of unknown origin. Possibly from Old High German barzjan "to rave" [Klein]. But Buck says pazzo is originally euphemistic, and from Latin patiens "suffering," in medical use, "the patient." The form perhaps was influenced by folk etymology derivation from patch (n.1), on notion of a fool's patched garb.
also from 1540s

patch (v.)

mid-15c., pacchen, "to put a patch on, mend by adding a patch," from patch (n.1). Electronics sense of "to connect temporarily" is attested from 1923 on the notion of tying together various pieces of apparatus to form a circuit. Related: Patched; patching.
also from mid-15c.

Those are my top three! Happy days
heheh

ps. Bonus points and the magical squeaker dice set for any form of Scratch Origin! Like where Scratch just has to save everyone one by one!?

Limited Dialogue branches there probably, but all the heart!
Posted By: ArneBab Re: OMG where is patch 7! - 29/05/24 09:08 PM
One thing I’d love to see is the opposite of nightmare: a mode that lets me focus on the character interaction, to play different combinations of characters and romantic interest without spending 130 hours on stuff I already played.

Though I don’t know how to do that right.
Posted By: ArneBab Re: OMG where is patch 7! - 29/05/24 09:10 PM
It would be nice if Withers would not always tell me as Durge that my road goes into darkness — even after I denied Baal.
Posted By: Karrgoot Re: OMG where is patch 7! - 31/05/24 09:25 PM
How about an ETA on patch 7 Larian?
Posted By: AD231 Re: OMG where is patch 7! - 01/06/24 01:01 PM
Well modding tools do take a long time but what takes longer is negotiations with Sony over mods. We'd probably have it by now if Sony understood mods won't destroy their console and turn it to dust. And I say that as a PS user.
Posted By: ProtoGhostal Re: OMG where is patch 7! - 02/06/24 08:45 PM
Also wondering when Patch 7 will be. Possibly back in the mood to play this game (after the toxic BG3 community on reddit harrassed me over lightly criticising the limited character creator, therefore killing my vibe for the game), and hoping for some modding tools so the really good mods can start properly rolling in.

tbh i really just want more body options, modded or not. not digging the "you can be buff or REALLY BUFF" style they went for lol

(also please larian add WASD movement it's 2024)
Posted By: jinetemoranco Re: OMG where is patch 7! - 02/06/24 09:45 PM
Originally Posted by ProtoGhostal
Also wondering when Patch 7 will be. Possibly back in the mood to play this game (after the toxic BG3 community on reddit harrassed me over lightly criticising the limited character creator, therefore killing my vibe for the game), and hoping for some modding tools so the really good mods can start properly rolling in.

tbh i really just want more body options, modded or not. not digging the "you can be buff or REALLY BUFF" style they went for lol

I don't know if these will help or you already know them, they are certainly kind of specific, but here are some body mods that might help in the meantime!

Chubbier female Tavs: https://www.nexusmods.com/baldursgate3/mods/6368
Less defined abs: https://www.nexusmods.com/baldursgate3/mods/224
Dadbod: https://www.nexusmods.com/baldursgate3/mods/2568
Softer bodies for male Tavs: https://www.nexusmods.com/baldursgate3/mods/8713
Plus-size female Tavs (this mod clearly got a lot of work put into it!): https://www.nexusmods.com/baldursgate3/mods/8843
FTM mod, but honestly I think you can also use it for androgynous male Tavs: https://www.nexusmods.com/baldursgate3/mods/1255 + https://www.nexusmods.com/baldursgate3/mods/1375
Posted By: AD231 Re: OMG where is patch 7! - 03/06/24 08:18 AM
Originally Posted by ProtoGhostal

(also please larian add WASD movement it's 2024)
You on console? Because that'll really limit the mods available and I don't know the chance of body changing mods happening. If your PC just go on nexus mods there's loads there. In the post them mentioned things like stats so it might be as simple as being able to become overpowered by turning your stats to 1000.
Posted By: Ixal Re: OMG where is patch 7! - 03/06/24 03:02 PM
Planned date September. So a good while off, even when there are no further problems.
© Larian Studios forums