Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
journeyman
OP Offline
journeyman
I found what I think is a game breaking bug that stops all progress to the game with no solution I could figure out. If true this will have to be addressed before release.

It is very easy to find yourself trapped in Nettie's Library in the druid grove with NO way out.

If the following things happen which isn't unlikely your game is over. Unless you use an older save.

1) Nettle either poisons you or you refuse to swear to drink the poison in the future. This triggers being locked in the library, in a fight.

2) Kill nettle and loot her body

3) See her circlet examine it think +1 nature isn't all that important but I might need it in the future so i wont sell it and wont wear it but send it to my camp for later use. Or you are just a hoarder and decide you want to keep it but not use it and send it to camp.

Result - You are now in the library that prohibits access to your camp, you can't use waypoints and you can't enter a long rest It is now IMPOSSIBLE to acquire the very item you need to get out of the library. There is no remedy for the player except an old save and that shouldn't be required. If you can't access the camp in the first place how were you able to send the items to your camp?

Solutions
A) You have to make it either impossible to place items in the camp when you can't use a long rest or waypoints so that this never happens.
B) You have to make the item valuable enough that no player would give up the chance of wearing it. Players are notorious for being hoarders and many a player would never dream of selling a magic items and thus wouldn't keep it to sell to a vendor but the items is utter shite in most respects so many are not going to equip it. Even something that gave +1 to saves would be used at this point as it is decent and not over powered for the level, but +1 nature isn't worth keeping and hoarders are just going to send it off to camp where they can't access it.
C) Provide a secondary way to open the doors once Nettle is dead that doesn't require the circlet
D) Don't get cute with "keys" and if you need a "key" to escape a room always make it an actual weightless key. So no one accidently destroys, drops or sends to camp the very items they need to solve the puzzle
E) Never "location restrict" a long rest. So if you are not in combat you can ALWAYS access your camp to have access to needed items.

Obviously some of these solutions are better than others but they would all work to solve the bug.

I assume there isn't a solution to this problem. let me know if I missed something.

i am not looking to "solve" this for my game. i made a save right before this to test this very thing so I don't need advice to "rescue" my game. Just curious if i missed a solution.

veteran
veteran
There is solution, it requires some metagaming informations tho. O_o
Usualy only my Tav was locked inside, others stayed out ...
So you can either go to secret passage and get antoher circlet from that Halfling person.
Or maybe your team members would be able to travel to camp through waypoint (just guesing, i never tryed)

I still dont understand why cant we change Race for our hirelings. frown
Lets us play Githyanki as racist as they trully are! frown
I mean.. all my friends just straight on put the circlet on their first playthrough and started opening the doors. They did not even know it was because of the circlet. The circlet is the main key but you also can get out using waypoints. You are never stuck down there. It is a clever key. I am not sure why you weren’t to use waypoints but THAT shouldn’t happen.

Last edited by Kryldost; 14/08/21 07:11 AM.

Link Copied to Clipboard