Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 12 of 156 1 2 10 11 12 13 14 155 156
I
old hand
old hand
I
If just heat is the problem she could also simply move to the Plane of Fire.
The City of Brass there is a large, interplanar trading hub not all to dissimilar to Baldurs Gate on a grander scale.

Last edited by Ixal; 16/08/23 08:23 AM.
G4RIIK Offline OP
OP Offline
Originally Posted by Ixal
If just heat is the problem she could also simply move to the Plane of Fire.
The City of Brass there is a large, interplanar trading hub not all to dissimilar to Baldurs Gate on a grander scale.

Yeah, I saw a similar suggestion like this on reddit, not a bad idea at all. Efreeti culture is also dope as hell.

apprentice
apprentice
Originally Posted by G4RIIK
Noticed more people asking for the discord feedback thread so I'll pop some of the links down below:

Discord Justice For Karlach Thread

Reddit Addressing Karlach Thread

The discord link is not working as we're were not invited to post messages in the room first. It stuck like nothing was loaded frown

G4RIIK Offline OP
OP Offline
Originally Posted by Kimba
Originally Posted by G4RIIK
Noticed more people asking for the discord feedback thread so I'll pop some of the links down below:

Discord Justice For Karlach Thread

Reddit Addressing Karlach Thread

The discord link is not working as we're were not invited to post messages in the room first. It stuck like nothing was loaded frown

Ah damn, here's the Official Larian discord invite link: https://discord.gg/larianstudios

We're easy to find! Just come down to the feedback section in the server. Anyone is welcome.

C
journeyman
journeyman
C
Just wanted to chime in and agree with this. Don't misunderstand me, the writing and voice acting on the Karlach story as-is are superb- at least one scene with her legit made me tear up a bit- but it does feel very frustrating to have the game just kind of shrug and go "Nope, she's going to have a tragic ending, and there's noting you can do about it" even when there's a bunch of dangling story threads like the Steel Watch Engines and Dammon that don't really go anywhere, despite seeming like they're related. Especially since she is by far my favorite character in the whole game. I don't need or expect a perfectly happy ending, but something that's not bitterly tragic- even if you have to work your *ass* off to get it- would be a huge improvement.

Last edited by Comrade Canuck; 16/08/23 08:22 PM.
G
stranger
stranger
G
I also want to chime in,
i love the game,
i totally love Karlach
but i as i startet to finish ACT3... the more i looked for a solution the more it killed my drive to finish the game with this run.
Many quests can be solved so differently, entire fights can be ended with word.
There is all that magic in the world, and your party has access to some very powerfull Gear, Spells, Allies
Please...add some endigs, make addition to some
There where so many hints, that there could be a solution, we found material, engineers but nothing came from it

I
stranger
stranger
I
I ain't playing hundred of hours to witness my kindest companion literally go back to hell. This ending is the opposite of fantasy and feel bad, please fix.

N
enthusiast
enthusiast
N
Just made an account after completing my first playthrough, the sole purpose here is just to add my voice in the hopes larian Studios does something to fix Mama Ks ending.
Amazing game amazing product best Rpg ive played in along long while, but Karlachs ending left a sour taste in my mouth and left me feeling stuck in a corner with the choices available.
Alot of choices in this game are hard and thought provoking especially to a new player and that is part of the charm and shows the amazing depth Larian is capable of.
but Karlachs lack of saving in any real capacity, especially when you romance her (god did it hit harder for that lol) just felt like such a glaring mistep in an otherwise perfect and i sincerely mean PERFECT rpg experience.

Please Larian studios dont leave BG3 without giving the fans something to solve this one blemish in an otherwise amazing experience!

L
stranger
stranger
L
I also made an account today just to post about this (but at the time didn’t see this thread).

I wanted to:

1) chime in here to say that I am also extremely disappointed in the current ending and have little interest in finishing the game now, for all the reasons highlighted by previous posts and

2) I feel like (while the character certainly deserves the Definitive Edition revamped quest treatment) even something as simple as some player dialogue (so no voice acting required) could provide a quick improvement,
during the romance “go to hell together ending” stating that they’re just either A) going back to Avernus until they can fix/replace her engine (ie. It’s just the start of another quest and not eternal damnation) or B) going to do some sort of a Persephone arrangement, where she has to stay in hell until her engine stabilizes and then she gets to go surface side again for some period of time.

journeyman
journeyman
Her storylines endings are basically the combination of the two worst features in the narrative: 1)Larian pushing the degrading cermorphosis horrors into romance territory and 2) The overtly dark tone of the story, that doesn't allow much in the field of happy endings. Also, not thrilled that the character that seems to me one of the queerest companion of the lot, even with everyone being playersexual, has the most distinctly unhappy romance.

If you play as a good character, I don't think they can fix this just by giving her the option to survive with her heart condition, since apparently they decided that someone has to undergo ceremorphosis and well, if it's you, it's still a doomed romance, with one of you turning into a sexless soulless husk of yourself. If you persuade Orpheus to undergo the ceremorphosis, you're not only dealing a massive blow to the gith slave revolt, but also dooming yet another greatly wronged person into a fate worse than death, which is just wildly shitty thing to do.

Given the situation, I doubt we'll get a viable good ending for Karlach(not really for any romance, since getting to the end is all dependent on someone else getting degraded into a mindflayer in the end), which is a bleeding shame.

The promise of being led to death is reason enough to follow.
stranger
stranger
I had to make an account after seeing this thread as well! I’m so glad to see that other people are just as disappointed in her endings! I accidentally spoiled it for myself and I honestly don’t feel like continuing. It’s like the happiness of having her be my partner was just yanked away. Why continue with her when every ending is either sad or bittersweet? I really hope Larian does something about this, like in a definitive edition or what not, but sadly I’m not holding my breath.

M
stranger
stranger
M
Originally Posted by IdPreferNotTo
Her storylines endings are basically the combination of the two worst features in the narrative: 1)Larian pushing the degrading cermorphosis horrors into romance territory and 2) The overtly dark tone of the story, that doesn't allow much in the field of happy endings. Also, not thrilled that the character that seems to me one of the queerest companion of the lot, even with everyone being playersexual, has the most distinctly unhappy romance.

If you play as a good character, I don't think they can fix this just by giving her the option to survive with her heart condition, since apparently they decided that someone has to undergo ceremorphosis and well, if it's you, it's still a doomed romance, with one of you turning into a sexless soulless husk of yourself. If you persuade Orpheus to undergo the ceremorphosis, you're not only dealing a massive blow to the gith slave revolt, but also dooming yet another greatly wronged person into a fate worse than death, which is just wildly shitty thing to do.

Given the situation, I doubt we'll get a viable good ending for Karlach(not really for any romance, since getting to the end is all dependent on someone else getting degraded into a mindflayer in the end), which is a bleeding shame.

Yea I agree this is a big problem too.
It almost feels like
Karlach is the 'default' companion to turn into a mindflayer. Especially on runs where you're romancing Lae'Zel.

veteran
veteran
I have a hard time really caring much about Karlach...is there some way to change Karlach to be more evil? Right now the way I see it is she's not good for much more than a trial for Wyll and a bounty to collect in Act 1 that leads to a good sword and mage robe.

Z
Jhe'stil Kith'rak
Jhe'stil Kith'rak
Z
Originally Posted by Darth_Trethon
I have a hard time really caring much about Karlach...is there some way to change Karlach to be more evil? Right now the way I see it is she's not good for much more than a trial for Wyll and a bounty to collect in Act 1 that leads to a good sword and mage robe.
Karlach is pretty hard aligned to good. Hee whole schtick is that she’s wholesome and fun.

Remember the human (This is a forum for a video game):
veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by Zerubbabel
Karlach is pretty hard aligned to good. Hee whole schtick is that she’s wholesome and fun.
Sounds very boring...so bounty target is all she shall be...regrettable.

G4RIIK Offline OP
OP Offline
Positive to see so many people finishing the game and coming here to voice their support, glad that you're all here despite the unfortunate circumstances that lead to being here in the first place. Hope, respect and patience will push us through, we're in good hands. Welcome to all the new faces regardless.

G4RIIK Offline OP
OP Offline
Sounds very boring...so bounty target is all she shall be...regrettable.

Each to their own, obviously you're inclined to more 'evil' aligned characters, but that doesn't make a good character boring.

G4RIIK Offline OP
OP Offline
Originally Posted by Mikon77
I had to make an account after seeing this thread as well! I’m so glad to see that other people are just as disappointed in her endings! I accidentally spoiled it for myself and I honestly don’t feel like continuing. It’s like the happiness of having her be my partner was just yanked away. Why continue with her when every ending is either sad or bittersweet? I really hope Larian does something about this, like in a definitive edition or what not, but sadly I’m not holding my breath.

It's hard to even call it bittersweet when its forced upon you. As I've stated a few times throughout the thread and outside it, the reason we have multiple endings for characters is because they should feel deserved by our actions, and have their place in the story. Someone who pays no mind to Karlach is either going to see her tentacle it up, die or return to Avernus with Wyll (if they completed his quest but not hers), but someone who paid her the upmost care and/or romanced her is treated to the grand reward of... The exact same thing where a new option for the player to go with her is subbed in with the exact same other options. That's where it falls so painfully short in comparison to the lines of characters like Shadowheart and Astarion for example, who are affected by the player and the choices they make.

R
enthusiast
enthusiast
R
My story with her was great, in the ambush in act 2 I completely flunked all my initiative rolls which meant the best hope for fixing her fell into darkness. The last gasp save of something felt great. It's a shame there's not much else for her though, all the characters stories are thin, it's a shame hers has to be depressing and thin. I'm kind of glad I spoiled myself on the possibilities because a replay on Karlach would have felt disappointing.

apprentice
apprentice

She's easily aligned to good on the contrary.
She's what we call a chaotic good character.
She doesn't refer to a guild, an oath, a god or something. She just wants to spread freedom and happiness everywhere by crushing some slavers or tyrans heads.
Here's an interesting link about alignment definition, and Chaotic Good is the closest alignment to Karlach

Page 12 of 156 1 2 10 11 12 13 14 155 156

Link Copied to Clipboard