Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
T
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
T
Basically, the problem is this. After freeing Halsin, killing the goblin leaders, then returning to Halsin, I head back to the Grove. I meet Halsin scolding Kagha, he told me to head to Rath for my reward and that we would talk more about the parasite in the morning. After heading to Rath and getting my reward from the Vault I went and spoke with Zevlor to get the party started once I returned to camp. Returned to camp, Zevlor did his little Yoga dance, and I enjoyed a drink with Shadowheart.

Morning arrives and the conversation with Halsin automatically started, he starts talking to me about the parasite and moonrise towers, but after the dialogue ends my journal doesn't update. No new moonrise towers objective and the Rescuing the Druid objective still hasn't completed, it just tells me to wait for Halsin at camp. I've short rested, long rested, spoken with Halsin at the camp multiple times both day and night. Nothing.

I've scoured Google looking for a fix, but nothing came up. Anyone else encounter this problem? And does anyone have a fix?

D
stranger
stranger
D
exact same thing happened to me. have no idea how to fix it. have no idea what to do next either, i am far far from that party by now and it's pretty sad if there's no fix. i've searched for a fix and same as you haven't find anything.

addict
addict
I think Halsin may be quite messed up. In my run, after killing Minthara ( the last of the 3 goblin leaders ), Halsin does his "I must go back to the grove, meet me there" speech, and then proceeds to do absolutely nothing.

Perhaps it was because I looted Minthara of everything, including camp clothes, and Halsin's bear-self became so aroused he couldn't leave M's body? More likely it had something to do with the fact that both Halsin and Minthara's body were together on one end of the bridge, and somthing about the choke point prevented Halsin from moving.

So, for the rest of act 1, I periodically checked in on Halsin, who would give his speech again, and fail to move again. Sigh.

After reaching the shadow-cursed land, however, Halsin seemed to get a new lease of life. His speech changed to one saying he needed to meet me on the coast of the S-C-Lands near Jaheira's pad, whereupon Halsin scuttled to the back of Minthara's cave and took great interest in the rear wall ( presumably Halsin's bear-self had lost interest in humping a dead drow by this point).

Sadly, for some while Halsin would repeat this second speech, while making no attempt to leave the cave.

Eventually within act 2, I must have accidentally visited the place Halsin was supposed to be meeting me, but as Halsin himself remained communing with a cave wall, I was blissfully ignorant of this event.

Halsin, however, seems to have perceived my presence in the S-C-Lands remotely, as the next time I checked in on him, he opened a planar portal, told me to defend it and jumped in. This was unhelpful, as although Halsin finally exited the cave ( more accurately, just vanished on the spot), there was no portal in the cave to defend, presumably becauses the script opened the portal in the correct location; just not where Halsin or the party were located.

As it seemed like not being co-located with the portal might cause more problems, I reverted to the previous save, left Halsin to his speleology, and continued in the S-C-Lands.

The most recent event of note was the "Find The Druid Halsin" quest moved to completed section ( previously it had just disappeared from the quest list altogether ), after I performed a particular action very close to the end of the Shadowheart personal quest line. I haven't checked in on the cave yet, but I am hopeful that Halsin will have reached a new phase of being that might result in him showing up at my camp; or, at least, somewhere other than the goblin caves.

B
stranger
stranger
B
Damn, I have the same issue as OP... but 2 years later. Saved Halsin, he said to meet him in the Grove. He wasn't in the Grove, but was in my camp. I get the same 4 dialogue options about the path to Moonrise Towers and how he's faring in the camp, but no way to recruit him. I saw some bugfixes in the last patch but sadly they haven't resolved it. Maybe my save game is borked. Anyway, just wanted to share in case anyone else has the issue, ideally to help escalate the bug. I'll be sad doing a whole playthrough without Halsin! Hopefully it'll self-resolve once I progress to the Mountain Pass (I'm currently in the Underdark).

Last edited by Brentwahn; 31/08/23 03:50 AM.

Link Copied to Clipboard