Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
T
journeyman
OP Offline
journeyman
T
I intended my Tav character to romance Wyll, but I was role-playing her as very shy and had her back out as he tried to kiss her after they danced together, expecting that there would be another chance to get them together later on. But there wasn't, and I felt like I'd missed out on a significant part of the story by not having any romance. I went back a few days ago to the last save before the dance, and replayed more or less the same game - except some things in different order, and doing much better in the fights - but now I've reached the end of act 2 (Wyrm's Lookout) and the scene never triggered.The first time through, the dance scene triggered during the Gauntlet of Shar, according to the quest log from the save immediately after, I'd completed the soft-step trial only.

Is there any way to force that scene to trigger, or at least figure out why it hasn't from the save files? I'd be happy to look into mods. I just don't want to replay most of act 2 again; so it looks like I'll just have to leave that run and accept it never happened. The only differences I can think of are if I did something that Wyll disapproved of so much it blocked a relationship even though his approval was 100% for most of that time (it was 94% in the last save before the romance); or that it should have triggered but some other story event happened on the same long rest, because I was playing better from experience and didn't need as many rests.

journeyman
journeyman
Try to rest a few more times before leaving Act 2, playing efficiently with less resting needed can at times make you miss out on events taking place in camp, but they should still get in que so try to rest a few more times before you hit the road that leads you away from Act 2.

P
addict
addict
P
Definitely take more long-rests in act 2. Sometimes scenes can queue up and it might take a few rests to work through them, and some may have higher priority than others, though I've not been able to figure out what scenes get priority personally. The Wyll dance scene is scripted to play (as long as you initiated the romance by flirting in act 1) after you enter the shadow cursed lands and get Mizora's second quest to save the Zariel agent.

After you get the dance scene, there actually aren't any more romantic scenes with Wyll until a decent way into act 3,
after you rescue Ulder Ravengard (and he's alive), you'll have another romantic scene, Wyll gets a "!" and you will get his act 3 scene.
As long as you have the ability to talk to Wyll about your relationship and ask for a kiss, that means you are partnered, according to the game.

T
journeyman
OP Offline
journeyman
T
Thanks, I think the fact that I was playing much better on my second play must have sped things up, although there were plenty of nights where nothing happened. I don't think I actually flirted with him in act 1 though, I just went and chatted with him at the beach during the Tiefling party (is that where you're supposed to flirt?) but I definitely didn't kiss him. Given the infamous horny BG3 companions I didn't expect I had to push for anything grin

Is the dance scene supposed to play during the first rest after Mizora appears, or does it require another trigger like getting Wyll's opinion of you high enough or being in the right place? Last time I thought it triggered when my relationship with Wyll reached 100. I went back to the save I started on and the one before (which also had Mizora's quest in it) and immediately long-rested, but no dance. I might go back to the save before that and try it out. But I'm also wondering if it was a bug that the dance triggered in the first place back in January. I don't see anything in the patch notes when I searched for "Wyll", but if his name was in the spoiler I guess it wouldn't come up

A
old hand
old hand
A
I haven't had Wyll's scene trigger for me since patch 6 and I assume that it is now tied to flirting with him at the beach during the Tiefling party (like you mentioned). Previously it would always play unless you had been flirting with two other companions. So this might be the reason why it doesn't play for you now. But yes it usually plays during one of the early LR in the Shadow Curse (the first always is another Guardian Dream, I iirc) so you not LRing enough probably is not the issue.

In general you have to start flirting with your chosen companion/s in act 1 for the romance to progress in act 2. Though I have heard someone say, that you can start some in Act 2, but I wouldn't know about that from my games.

T
journeyman
OP Offline
journeyman
T
That's a shame, it seemed quite nice how it grew naturally out of all those "Wyll approves" messages without either side really forcing it. I've had a look at if I could downgrade back to patch 5 in GOG Galaxy, but the oldest version it gives is patch 6 hotfix 5. Looks like this is a lost cause.

I looked around to see if the scene could be manually triggered with console commands, but all I've found is how to set it so you're already in a relationship, and if not much changes until the end of the game it's probably not worth doing it. Though I could try setting that flag just before the
Iron Throne rescue mission
some time, if I can get BG3SE to install correctly (it didn't work last time I tried). Thanks anyway though.

A
old hand
old hand
A
They might have changed/fixed it because otherwise the scene triggers for people who do not have the intention of romancing him, and his reaction to rejecting him during the act 2 scene is very much that of a kicked puppy send out into the rain. So I am quite glad it was altered. Him deciding out of the blue that my character was his new dance-partner was also a bit weird. It makes much more sense if you have previously actually talked about wanting to dance with him.

I hope you can successfully trigger the scene though!

T
journeyman
OP Offline
journeyman
T
Yeah, that's fair. It's hard to please everyone by programming multiple choice questions in advance smile

I've started a new playthrough of The Witcher (original), in which my player character is, uh, rather more enthusiastic about getting people into bed.

Last edited by Trantion; 07/05/24 04:03 PM.

Link Copied to Clipboard