Print Thread
D
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
D
Hello!

I have played patch 5 for around 25h and it is pretty awesome! Some feedback:

-When you walk/sneak around, the characters talk too often. The frequency could be an option, as much as the frequency of NPC dialogue in the field.
-I got the loot from the Spider boss below. Gale has it equipped, but it does not feel like it has an effect on my poison spells. Maybe it is indeed in the 2 or 3 apparent rolls, but I feel it should be a separate roll to be more satisfying.
-Right click on the Sneak button should reveal an option to toggle the linked party to sneak or walk.
-A trader at the camp would be very welcome. He could be unlocked like the skeleton, after a series of battle (maybe I just did not meet them yet).
-A right click on the inventory should reveal the sorting options. I know the menu is up there, but it feels a bit far sometimes.
-Food at the camp: food stored in the cache should be available for the dinner option
-Food at the camp: Depending on the food you use for dinner, different perks could be activated for the next day (extra spell slot, extra superiority dice or what have you).
-Food at the camp: Some balance may be required. For instance, you can have a whole meal of just wine, which does not seem like a great idea for adventurers. The above suggestion could regulate that: just drinking could make the next day bad (hangover until the next short rest).

Last edited by DarkPico; 26/07/21 12:24 AM.
veteran
veteran
Good feedback! A few comments

-There is a slider to adjust the frequency of the point and click voice barks, if that's what you're referring to. You can also set it to Occasionally or Never. I'd prefer one with more granularity: a 10-option slider instead of just 3, but it's existence at all is good.
- Many people don't realize there even is an inventory sorting button, so yes its location/size/visibility should probably be fixed
- There's a very big thread about food at camp, which I recommend reading/adding your thoughts to.
Personally, I think:
  • Food should be automatically moved to the cache when picked up, and there should be a separate cache section/chest dedicated solely to food
  • I like the idea of small perks based on the most common food chosen. Temporary HP or +1 to [stat]'s ability checks, etc
  • I don't like having to balance your food. That seems too detail-oriented and like it would get tedious. I'd leave it at food-dependent perks: Positive instead of negative reinforcement!

D
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
D
Thanks for your reply! I'll make sure to take a deeper look to options regarding voice barks. I'll also take a look at the food camp thread.

I understand that micromanaging your food to avoid negative outcomes may be tedious. I'll propose other suggestions in the main thread smile

Cheers!

veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by DarkPico
For instance, you can have a whole meal of just wine, which does not seem like a great idea for adventurers.

Oh, I don't know... some days are just like that...

(*Please note, joke made as someone who doesn't drink alcohol at all; don't drink to excess folks)

D
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
D
Well I'm sure they would not be able to resist biting that cheese and bread on the side!

I did not find a megathread about the food at camp, do you have a link?

Link Copied to Clipboard