Originally Posted by Scribe
Originally Posted by kanisatha
Glad you're loving that game. Very easily my #1 cRPG of all time right now.

And your analogy made me LOL smile

I'm at 200 Hours already, and I've hardly scratched the surface.

This isn't a game living on gimmick either.

So many classes.
So many archetypes.
So many feats.
Amazing characters whose story is both immediately front and center, but never takes away from the fact it's YOUR CHARACTER that is the main event.

The synergy, the Mythic paths, the groups feats, the actual questions that the story asks, and your ability to influence the story.

The more I play, the better it actually gets.

I have hardly even touched spell casters, and haven't looked at Mounts, but I believe you can be a halfling riding a dog LOL.

If they support this game with DLC (and yep a free little quest was released apparently) I just cannot see another single player RPG approaching the level this game has reached.

I mean I personally hate paladins and deranged goody goodies which the game is full of but it fits the story. Besides I killed them all whahahaha!

To me the first rule of D&D is let the player write the story. Having characters already written takes more than half the fun away from the game imo. It even lessened the experience of DOS2 for me quite significantly. Interesting side characters are fun but only as a distraction to the main story not as the premise. 6 characters with the same condition makes something "special" become generic.

This is where WofR smashes it out of orbit. You are the chosen one because "reasons" no spoilers. The class combination in pathfinder in general is done like no other game. The number of spells, skills and feats is staggering in WofR. To even write the text for them all must have been an epic task. The mythic paths add allignment based progression into awesomeness BUT the companions only get a taste because YOU, the player created character are king. There is even a bloody might and magic game thrown in as a campaign map? I said it earlier but honestly you cannot compare BG3 and WotR as the games are too disimilar. WotR is £10 cheaper than BG3 EA also. Goes to show what a game can be if the DEVs give a shit about the fanbase.

Originally Posted by Kimuriel
While the pathfinder series as a whole (referring to Kingmaker and WOTR) definitely have that baldur's gate vibe going for them, I do find it a bit annoying that no CRPG moves away from the idea that difficulty = bloating HP of enemies lol. As for the companions of WOTR, haven't spent too much time with them yet so none of them particularly jump out at me at present. The only one I find annoying so far is the wizard girl Neno xD. she is just not my thing. For me Pillars of Eternity hit a bit more notes for me than Pathfinder does so far, not sure why exactly. Maybe the world grabbed me a bit more. But I neither see Pathfinder series or Pillars of Eternity as particularly innovative to be honest, they obviously aim at the nostalgia of the BG series somewhat. I know Pathfinder is its own setting (not living under a rock lol), but I think it is time they try and make some innovations especially in how they handle difficulty settings. Throwing more enemies at you with more HP does not always make the best experience lol.

I agree HP/DR/AC bloat makes for generic difficulty options, however there is an option in the difficulty called something like "allow NPC to cast additional spells". This on the surface may not seem like much but man I tried it on "normal" and my entire team got spanked because the NPC's all started buffing the crap out of each other with haste, mass invisibility and stuff like that. I was like "derp!! turn off for now" laugh.