Print Thread
#945744 25/07/24 03:01 AM
Q
Quincey Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
Q
Since December 2023 I encountered a bug where upon taking cleric as a secondary class pretty much locks you in a a cleric of Selune, despite playing as a loth-sworn drow.

Taking cleric as your primary is so far the only work around, but it derives the player of other first class skills/abilities/bonuses.

UI is still bugged, not allowing you to even choose a deity on the screen. I realize things take time to patch but I’ve kept a steady eye on the patch notes and have yet to see the fix for this.

This bug has occurred on console as well as PC.

old hand
old hand
That is strange, because only a few months ago, I multiclassed a human 11th level rogue with L1 cleric and I could choose Tymora as goddess.
(Reason for this MC was the availability of medium armour with full DEX bonus, and instead of choosing the medium armor feat at lvl 12 rogue, multiclassing to cleric gave that and a lot more)

This rogue was a hireling, though I don't see how that could make a difference.

veteran
veteran
@quincey so have you tested any other race beside Loth Drow?

Luke Skywalker: I don't, I don't believe it.
Yoda: That is why you failed.
Q
Quincey Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
Q
So I did some testing on both a human and seldarine drow to find out that they are both capable of choosing from the list of respective deities. Had them both start off as rogue and took cleric as the secondary class.

So lolth sworn drow is bugged…great. It’s always the classes or races in games like this that I specifically choose to play that have the problems. Last game it was the dhampir from pathfinder. D&D games just hate me I swear.

old hand
old hand
Sometimes I get intrigued by strange things like this, so I tried it myself. Created a Lolth-sworn drow rogue and multiclass it to cleric at lvl 2.

Indeed, I get only one choice for God, which is Lolth. Which kind of makes sense. I do notice that on the right pane, Selune is mentioned. But his is before I accept the level up.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

After I accept the level up, Lolth is my Goddess.

Should be good, right ?

veteran
veteran
"Lolth" makes sense as the only option for her childern... less of a bug more a feature

but also yes the UI saying cleric of "Selune" is a valid bug... add it to a very long list

Luke Skywalker: I don't, I don't believe it.
Yoda: That is why you failed.
old hand
old hand
I would call it a "buglet". The screenshot with the Selune ref. was taken before the deity selection. When you click on Lolth it also changes on the right.

It's a quirk because there is no choice for deity, and it's probably the only case where this occurs. Another cleric with choice is initially put on Selune by default.

I guess that it shouldn't be too difficult to iron this out. But maybe too late for patch 7.

Q
Quincey Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
Q
I just get this:

Though I assume you guys are playing on PC? This is from the console, I think I forgot to mention this is happening on console in my fist post. Apologies for the confusion.

old hand
old hand
It looks fairly similar to the "opening" deity screen on the PC. There is one "Loth" button unselected. On PC you click to select it and you can continue. On the console there should be some way to put focus on that Lolth item and select it. If that's not possible then it looks like a game-breaking bug indeed. But have you exhaused all possible fiddlings with the controls to select that Lolth icon ?

ldo58 #945867 27/07/24 04:46 PM
Q
Quincey Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
Q
I’ve tried fiddling with all the controller buttons but nothing happens. I even listen for UI selection noises when fiddling to see if it’s just a visual bug yet it seems that it doesn’t register anything except pressing triangle to continue or square to cancel the class selection.

Even in the “Tags” section of the Additional Traits tab puts me as a Cleric of Selune and Lolth-Sworn, I also receive the dialogue options of both in some scenarios.

Link Copied to Clipboard