Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Joined: Jan 2026
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
Joined: Jan 2026
I’m honestly obsessed with Minthara's vibe, and I’d love to see a companion like her in future games. There’s just something so refreshing about a character who is completely unapologetic about who they are. She’s fiercely loyal, sharp as a tack, and doesn’t change her core personality just to please the player.

What really blows me away is her unique blend of raw sexuality, ruthlessness, and dominance. She’s not just some generic, forced "tough girl" archetype that basically feels like a male character reskinned as a woman. Minthara manages to be incredibly graceful and feminine, yet terrifyingly arrogant, cruel, and powerful at the same time. She has that genuine "Domme" energy, and I am absolutely here for it.

Most games try to make evil or morally grey companions "fixable," but Minthara owns her dark side, and that’s what makes her so compelling. I really wish we got even more depth and reactivity in her relationship. We definitely need more companions with that kind of edge, layers, and ride-or-die loyalty.


Larian Studio's games are the best in the world!
Joined: Jan 2026
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
Joined: Jan 2026
Honestly, I’d love it if a future game gave us a female companion who doesn’t even respect the player—someone who just uses and manipulates you from start to finish. We’ve seen characters do that to other NPCs, but for some reason, they always end up having this underlying, hardcoded respect for the protagonist. Why is that?

I don't always want to feel special, and I don't want to be forced into being the main hero or some macho leader. Let me completely rely on the judgment of stronger companions, avoid taking responsibility, and just roleplay as an absolute loser. Literally NO game gives you that kind of freedom. It’s always the same basic binary choice: you’re either the good guy or the bad guy. That’s it. No game lets you be a coward, pathetic, and utterly worthless.

Larian games are the only exception. Only in a Larian game could I literally kiss a goblin's foot! Only here could I smear literal shit all over my face while goblins laughed at me and my companions judged me. Only here could I strip naked and get whipped by a priest of Loviatar right in front of my party. That is what true depth and freedom look like, and I want more of it! I want the option to be nothing but a shadow to a strong, feminine, and ruthlessly manipulative woman.


Larian Studio's games are the best in the world!

Link Copied to Clipboard
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 7.7.5