Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 5 of 49 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 48 49
N
addict
addict
N
Originally Posted by EdaLee
If the former companions are dead or old or simply no longer companions, then it no longer matters. I would like to have something from them and the best thing would be their children as companions.
As I said, you can wish for everything you want, doesn't make it less random.

It wouldn't be so random, but yes, SH has more options.

N
addict
addict
N
Literally because of 1 brothel scene? Alright.
Makes as much sense as SH having child with drow-twin make guy

V
Vua Offline
apprentice
apprentice
V
Originally Posted by Netav

Or as much sense as people getting upset Shadowheart wants a threesome while they are trying to initiate a foursome.

? No, it's more than that... traveling together, they know each other and having the same author.

N
addict
addict
N
? No, it's more than that... traveling together, they know each other and having the same author.
It would be such a surprise, but whole brothel sequence is by that author aswell. As I said she shows no interest at all(romanced, unromanced, in romance with both, epilogue, story, whatever). She shows more interest in Astarion by your logic, cuz she has consistent flirts in act1/2 with him, the only flirt banter she has with Halsin is when in romance with Tav.

I don't want to repeat myself anymore.

A
A
Originally Posted by Vua
Or as much sense as people getting upset Shadowheart wants a threesome while they are trying to initiate a foursome.

You can draw blood with those barbs.

Please, continue.

E
enthusiast
enthusiast
E
Originally Posted by Vua

It's been made clear why people don't like that already. No need to bait anymore, I know you understand why as well.

N
addict
addict
N
I don't want to repeat myself anymore.
Doesn't make it less random.

V
Vua Offline
apprentice
apprentice
V
Originally Posted by Ehhhh123
Originally Posted by Vua

It's been made clear why people don't like that already. No need to bait anymore, I know you understand why as well.

Unless it was something I read in this thread I wouldn't know. What I'm trying to do is understand the logic.

E
enthusiast
enthusiast
E
Originally Posted by Vua
Unless it was something I read in this thread I wouldn't know. What I'm trying to do is understand the logic.
Alright then, lots of us have experienced the unwanted advances from Halsin confusing whatever minor interaction our characters have with him as "treating him like a lover". Fine, unwanted advances seems to be the trend of romance in the game. That can slide. If you and Shadowheart wanna try some prostitutes out, that isn't Halsin's business unless he's been specifically invited. He already knows that you aren't interested, why is he asking again? Because last time I checked, just because a couple wants to try some prostitutes/open relationship doesn't mean their bed is open to absolutely everybody. Especially the one one of them said "no" to. Since it's been established that there are no secrets in the camp with everybody knowing your business for some reason, Shadowheart also knows that you don't want to involve Halsin. She should respect that, just like how I'd assume that you wouldn't go through with the orgy or chew her out for not being okay with it either (basically: "Tav disapproves"). Hence the disrespect this creates.

Not to mention, with the way she acts outside of the the brothel you would never know about this at all. If she were written to be the type to obviously be into swinging, orgies, and whatever, many of the threads and feedback posts complaining about it simply wouldn't exist. I know I wouldn't be here. If a mono romancer of hers found out about it (Indirectly, like a youtube video. This is literally me, I would've been blissfully unaware about it if I didn't watch the video) of course they would be unhappy, it's human. It would be natural if they took it seriously, just like how people took Karlach getting lazy shitty endings seriously. If you were poly/into having sex with everyone, I expect that kind of thing shouldn't bother you. However please try to understand why the mono players don't like it when they find out.

If you still truly don't understand it, then I don't know what else to tell you. We'll just have to agree to disagree and leave it at there.

Last edited by Ehhhh123; 24/12/23 07:17 PM.
F
F
Originally Posted by autistichalsin
Yeah, like, all this proves is that the player base is just as capable of casual misogyny and sex negativity/slut shaming as the rest of the population, which is hardly a shock. Yes, we are well aware that some people think women who have fantasies about other people without the "permission" of a man deserve judgment and that men with nonconventional sexual preferences deserve to be spun as freaks. All this thread shows is that people are just as narrow-minded about video game pixels as they are about real people.

Why is it that in nearly any thread/post you reply to you always come up with topics like misogyny, queerphobe, transphobe, sex negativity and whatnot? Is this your personal agenda, your unwillingness to accept different opinions without bracketing it together with any form of hatespeech or what am I missing here?

If you want to answer to any of my posts with just hate, please just don't answer at all.

If you want just to white knight everything and can't accept opinions, please don't even answer me.

Thank you!
E
enthusiast
enthusiast
E
Originally Posted by Filia
Originally Posted by autistichalsin
Yeah, like, all this proves is that the player base is just as capable of casual misogyny and sex negativity/slut shaming as the rest of the population, which is hardly a shock. Yes, we are well aware that some people think women who have fantasies about other people without the "permission" of a man deserve judgment and that men with nonconventional sexual preferences deserve to be spun as freaks. All this thread shows is that people are just as narrow-minded about video game pixels as they are about real people.

Why is it that in nearly any thread/post you reply to you always come up with topics like misogyny, queerphobe, transphobe, sex negativity and whatnot? Is this your personal agenda, your unwillingness to accept different opinions without bracketing it together with any form of hatespeech or what am I missing here?
Probably best to ignore them if you think speaking to them would be trying to speak to a brick wall.

N
addict
addict
N
Alright then, lots of us have experienced the unwanted advances from Halsin confusing whatever minor interaction our characters have with him as "treating him like a lover". Fine, unwanted advances seems to be the trend of romance in the game. That can slide. If you and Shadowheart wanna try some prostitutes out, that isn't Halsin's business unless he's been specifically invited. He already knows that you aren't interested, why is he asking again? Because last time I checked, just because a couple wants to try some prostitutes/open relationship doesn't mean their bed is open to absolutely everybody. Especially the one one of them said "no" to. Since it's been established that there are no secrets in the camp with everybody knowing your business for some reason, Shadowheart also knows that you don't want to involve Halsin. She should respect that, just like how I'd assume that you wouldn't go through with the orgy or chew her out for not being okay with it either (basically: "Tav disapproves"). Hence the disrespect this creates.

Not to mention, with the way she acts outside of the the brothel you would never know about this at all. If she were written to be the type to obviously be into swinging, orgies, and whatever, many of the threads and feedback posts complaining about it simply wouldn't exist. I know I wouldn't be here. If a mono romancer of hers found out about it (Indirectly, like a youtube video. This is literally me, I would've been blissfully unaware about it if I didn't watch the video) of course they would be unhappy, it's human. It would be natural if they took it seriously, just like how people took Karlach getting lazy shitty endings seriously. If you were poly/into having sex with everyone, I expect that kind of thing shouldn't bother you. However please try to understand why the mono players don't like it when they find out.

If you still truly don't understand it, then I don't know what else to tell you. We'll just have to agree to disagree and leave it at there.
I double this. It's unnaceptable for Halsin to coninue his advances(he does it twice anyway). It's unnaceptable for SH to react like this. Pick your poison.

Last edited by Netav; 24/12/23 07:23 PM.
F
F

Thank you, this is really well written. If SH would be like this from the beginning, it would be totally fair and expected to be like this. Same goes for Halsin. For whatever reason, the writer added lots of inconsistencies to his characters.
If both would be like this from the beginning, people could easily choose not to romance him/her at all if the player doesn't like it. As for Halsin, it feels like Larian was just all about adding their oh-so famous bear sex scene, which was shown with Astarion (a character with high popularity) first and to do so, they wanted Halsin to be like a sex symbol, hence no other content for him in act 3 needed.
And you said, you don't want to hear your LI, who you went through a lot with, talking about sexual dreams with another party member. It seems to be fair to complain about companions's endings, about not being able to hug and such, but when it comes to this topic, the feedback is bad, against poly and such? Sorry, that's not fair.

Easy solution: If you are in a poly relationship with both, this scene should be triggered, if you romance only one of them, just never bring it up. Same goes for some party banter between Halsin and SH or Halsin and Astarion.
If the game's logic notices that you are in a relationship with only one companion, then it should treat it like that and not trying to come up with several options to add another companion to it.

I still wonder what exactly the writers intention was while writing the drow scene itself, if you bring SH and Halsin into it. You are degraded to a spectator with the female Drow talking about how she wonders why this didn't happen earlier.

If you want to answer to any of my posts with just hate, please just don't answer at all.

If you want just to white knight everything and can't accept opinions, please don't even answer me.

Thank you!
N
addict
addict
N
Originally Posted by Filia
Thank you, this is really well written. If SH would be like this from the beginning, it would be totally fair and expected to be like this. Same goes for Halsin. For whatever reason, the writer added lots of inconsistencies to his characters.
If both would be like this from the beginning, people could easily choose not to romance him/her at all if the player doesn't like it. As for Halsin, it feels like Larian was just all about adding their oh-so famous bear sex scene, which was shown with Astarion (a character with high popularity) first and to do so, they wanted Halsin to be like a sex symbol, hence no other content for him in act 3 needed.
And you said, you don't want to hear your LI, who you went through a lot with, talking about sexual dreams with another party member. It seems to be fair to complain about companions's endings, about not being able to hug and such, but when it comes to this topic, the feedback is bad, against poly and such? Sorry, that's not fair.

Easy solution: If you are in a poly relationship with both, this scene should be triggered, if you romance only one of them, just never bring it up. Same goes for some party banter between Halsin and SH or Halsin and Astarion.
If the game's logic notices that you are in a relationship with only one companion, then it should treat it like that and not trying to come up with several options to add another companion to it.

I still wonder what exactly the writers intention was while writing the drow scene itself, if you bring SH and Halsin into it. You are degraded to a spectator with the female Drow talking about how she wonders why this didn't happen earlier.
It's similiar scene for without Halsin, female drow says exactly the same. It's your imagination playing, but I see why might imagine this scene playing liek that(after all remember that SH encourages your character to come join if you decide to stay away and comment). W/e about the scene itself. Noone wants this banter between SH/Halsin to be removed, just put behind active double romance with them(basically it shouldn't play if MC in mono romance with SH), same for drow twins thing, make Halsin invite himself if in romance.

F
apprentice
apprentice
F
Originally Posted by Vua

https://www.reddit.com/r/BaldursGat..._about_shadowheart_romance_and_monogomy/

Link to an old reddit post that is a good example IMO of how and why these SH/Halsin interactions can upset people. It is mostly focused on the post-swim banter, but the drow scene adds to negativity there.

I think that when writing makes players feel that way it is far from ideal.

N
addict
addict
N
Originally Posted by Frog001
https://www.reddit.com/r/BaldursGat..._about_shadowheart_romance_and_monogomy/

Link to an old reddit post that is a good example IMO of how and why these SH/Halsin interactions can upset people. It is mostly focused on the post-swim banter, but the drow scene adds to negativity there.

I think that when writing makes players feel that way it is far from ideal.

There were several posts on reddit regarding this, such as
https://www.reddit.com/r/BaldursGate3/comments/173s56w/act_3_halsins_behaviourheavy_spoilers/
https://www.reddit.com/r/BaldursGat...nd_shadowheart_problem_more_mature_take/

F
F
It's similiar scene for without Halsin, female drow says exactly the same. It's your imagination playing, but I see why might imagine this scene playing liek that(after all remember that SH encourages your character to come join if you decide to stay away and comment). W/e about the scene itself. Noone wants this banter between SH/Halsin to be removed, just put behind active double romance with them(basically it shouldn't play if MC in mono romance with SH), same for drow twins thing, make Halsin invite himself if in romance.

You are right about the scene, its up to imagination and I never really checked if it's the same only with her.
I just saw a YT video with the scenes and the talk before. If Halsin is not at the party, SH only says she doesn't mind sharing if the Tav is into it. If Halsin offers himself, she explicitly says she had a dream about this one or twice or even more. So they added this line which clearly shows she has this kind of fantasy with Halsin, or at least it feels like this to me. Why else would they add this line?

Thank you!
Page 5 of 49 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 48 49

Link Copied to Clipboard