Larian Banner
Active Threads | Active Posts | Unanswered Today | Since Yesterday | This Week
Baldur's Gate III - General
42 minutes ago
Originally Posted by Goldberry
Originally Posted by Uncle Lester
I hope we get Sun/Moon elf split. At the very least in the form of separate lore palettes and NPCs looking one or the other.

I don't know, at least visually you can make one or the other and the rest is just picking whatever dialogue option feels more moon or sun.

I'd rather have Eladrin, they're different enough to have their own category and I'd be curious to see how they'd look.

*Pours one out for the earlier edition Eladrin*

I don't mind the current Eladrin enough that I'd be interested and even happy to see them in game, but I do miss them being the Celestials they were.

Any split from High Elf into Sun/Moon as separate acknowledged things is very unlikely at this stage imo, but I've always held an affection for Sun Elves as well! ^^
158 7,428 Read More
Baldur's Gate III - Technical & Gameplay Problems
48 minutes ago
My game repeatedly freezes for a few seconds, it's very annoying. Also running on an SSD. Turning off "Mute sound when not focused" and changing from full screen hasn't helped.
14 837 Read More
Baldur's Gate III - Suggestions & Feedback
1 hour ago
Originally Posted by Merry Mayhem
Come on people, stop expecting Larian Studios to act like an AAA studio who can do stuff like Tactical Adventures.

https://www.solasta-game.com/news/105-dev-update-23-winter-patch-preview

Oh wait, Tactical Adventures is a tiny independent studio who seems to understand how to communicate during an early access.

Wow Solasta is knocking it out of the park with these updates, can’t wait to get back into it
35 945 Read More
1 hour ago
Originally Posted by Tarlonniel
Originally Posted by Sozz
not to mention Bodhi herself

Technically she wasn't an elf anymore, though. Somehow.
I guess she chose to love a mortal instead of get on the last ship...oh wrong one.
74 2,317 Read More
1 hour ago
Maybe she is spy and the whole paladin hunters is a miss direction to get Karlach closer MC at Karlach's expense of course. Zariel would be a sly fox then. Theories aside I guess I'll go through her voice lines to see if anything makes sense. I'm guessing she is yet another habitual deceiver. Can anyone try detect thoughts and speak with dead on her? I'm curious.

Edit: I can see why she is not really popular yet. She is not bad or good as a character so far from her voice lines and brief scenes. The only thing I found out was that she is trying to be a bro or at least act friendly-ish and she worships Shar. Politicians were what originally killed her, but her being sent to hell says more about her though. Nothing particularly interesting so far.
248 9,976 Read More
1 hour ago
Sven hears from the trees,
"Do not presume to stride where I patrol, druchii scum."
8 325 Read More
1 hour ago
Thanks for the encouragement.

From what I've read it seems like a lot of the issues are from the changes of the 5e rules, but while in early access I'd encourage them to try more home brew and just drop what doesn't work. I don't think every change they made was bad. I like the thief changes, but maybe don't let them do 3 attacks. I enjoy the extra tadpole abilities that I've used so far. Ranger is fun, but the summons need balancing and bug fixes.

I hope we get some more rapid iteration next year and once all the classes are in. Plenty of home brew ideas out there they can steal from the community.
2 68 Read More
2 hours ago
wanted to add thoughts and issues about what I have played so far.

completed maybe 80% of game and getting to current "ending". I say the % because on next run through i found some things I had missed or for some reason didn't find the 1st go around. as familiarity with game improves so to does finding/figuring things out.

will try to group things, but most are general observations or notable things in the game.
profiles don't seem to be working quite as well. I have to change the keybinds every time i load the game. along with that, some of the keybinds i find don't have a natural feel from other games. it seems an odd mix of Diablo 3 & WoW for various keybinds. along with the camera. click to move (which is Diablo), but the freedom to move the camera off of character (which is more Heroes of the Storm similarity), but able to spin camera or move it around to kinda scope out area ahead like in WoW or others games. really prefer WASD or thumb stick control movement. but making adjustments. click and hold to move is a bit off. since one actually has to move the mouse instead of just click and hold and adjust camera to run where needed.
Prologue - enjoyable, not completely the best walk through in getting used to controls/interface. also, would be great to have an option to "skip" with new character creation (at least to the beach area). after a couple play throughs (single & co-op) it is 30-40 min and if game gets stuck or death (without save) the rerun is tedious. on a note about saving - auto save would be nice if it had a timer. instead of at "pivotal" points in game. easy to get caught up and forget to save.
gameplay - i can't express how much I enjoy the use of terrain in this game. pushing enemies off of hills, builidings, etc is a freaking joy! How #'s are adjusted for higher/lower ground. sometimes it feels a little off, but there are probably variables i am not aware of (AC, spells, etc). sneaking is fun as well and enjoy it (especially with multiplayer, only having to control 1 toon and not 4).
during combat when things have shared initiative, there are times it will skip everyone, even when they haven't done anything yet instead of going to each one individually. frustrating.
like how race plays a factor in dialog and responses. imagine that will continue to get flushed out as it is developed.
some details on the map or being able to mark the map would be nice. while quests are on there or known points of interest some of the zooming or scrolling feels wonky. or doesn't always line up. might have to look into settings for map and mini map to make sure they line up.
under dark encounter feels like it needs adjusted if main character is a drow.
barter/trade system/interface needs work. which to use (barter is default). listing value of item and not receiving that when entering or getting just gold in return and accidently giving vendor item for free is very frustrating. while i understand items may not be worth the same from vendor to vendor, they seem to adjust depending on what you are trading/barting for. and if you take it out and put it in it changes. very strange. not sure if there is a "skill" check - IE Charisma based, but for EA some of the magic items seem way over priced for the amount of items one can pickup and carry and have very little value compared to that 1 item.
will try to make better notes of issues that i find or when things don't work as they should or bug out.
6 144 Read More
2 hours ago
Funny how some of the lower tier ones look better than their betters. Hope we get a glamour mod again at some point to overwrite armor and weapon appearances.
26 871 Read More
2 hours ago
Why do I love bikini armor so much
21 734 Read More
Baldur's Gate III - Help Tips & Tricks
2 hours ago
+1 Vote for fixing
However it appears one is to be using 'R' and 'F' in the future to move Hot bars to / from hot bar sets - from what I gathered from Key mapping.
10 312 Read More
2 hours ago
Volvo is know for travelling everywhere so I am not surprised in bumping into him.
7 163 Read More
Chat
3 hours ago
Boring. Sunday afternoons as a kid were hell: dragged off to the grandparents so the grown-ups could talk about dull grown-up stuff, nothing on the telly, nothing to do as all my friends were in another town and even the shops were shut, no internet (I mean it was a established at that time but not outside a handful of universities and other stuff not available to a 10-year-old) and... yeah. Once computers became popular when I was about 12 there wasn't really internet; just a few dial-up services and competing stuff was often more popular such as Prestel, but all out of the range of a 12-year-old's pocket money and would tie up the family's one analogue dial-phone which could only realistically be used with an acoustic coupler.

No floppy drives either, at least not for me: if I couldn't afford Prestel, I definitely couldn't afford a floppy drive and controller which between them would set me back probably more than the cost of a high-end gaming rig would today when allowing for inflation. It was all wrinkly cassettes, which may or may not load and while some games were excellent, others were less so. Saving was even more problematic so I usually didn't bother...
47 7,475 Read More
3 hours ago
Well, it's more, you force the enemy to make a saving throw - you're doing something, and the enemy is attempting to save themselves from the effect. It's just like when a dragon breathes fire at you - they aren't targeting your ability scores, they're just blowing fire... it's up to you to try to save yourself from the effects of that, and you use your natural abilities to do so (your dexterity, or your constitution, etc.). When you cast grease, you aren't attacking a specific enemy, you're just making grease; the enemy that's in the area has to *save themselves* from falling over as a result.

Think of it this way:

Attacks and Ability Checks are proactive: they are you initiating something. Saving Throws are reactive: they are you responding to something.

With an attack or an ability check, you can miss or fail, and the targeted creature or intended activity may simply not occur.
With a Saving Throw, you are just doing something; it can't miss or fail, it just happens... the roll comes in because you are forcing the *enemy* to react to what you're doing.

Ability Scores is the 5e terminology for your six core stats - that feeds into ability checks, which are checks that utilise a specific ability score. Once again, the general rule of thumb works here: Ability Checks are proactive, while Saving Throws are reactive. Trying to recall a specific piece of lore so you can tell the party might call for an Intelligence Check - or, if a specific skill applies to what you're trying to recall (such as it being about a particular god), you might make an Intelligence (religion) check instead, and add your proficiency bonus if you are proficient with religion.

On the other hand, if you are about to go blundering into an area that will almost certainly incinerate you, just like a colleague warned you about previously, but you seem to have forgotten, your DM might offer you an Intelligence Saving Throw, to catch yourself and remember just before you have a bad time - recalling the danger was not something you actively chose to do or thought about, it was your memory reacting to the hitherto forgotten dangerous situation.

6 101 Read More
Yesterday at 11:54 PM
Originally Posted by Firesnakearies
Tons of people played, and love, the Witcher 3, who never ever played the previous Witcher games, or even wanted to. Tons of people played, and love, Skyrim, who never ever played any previous Elder Scrolls games, or even wanted to. Tons of people played Fallout 4 and it was their first Fallout game (how sad for them). Tons of people played the Final Fantasy 7 Remake who never played the original FF7, or any Final Fantasys that came before it.

The broad, general gaming audience (not specific niche subsets like us) is not interested in games which are old. They are interested in games which are new, and have a lot of hype. They don't care if there were previous titles in a series, they just want to play the new, pretty, popular game that they hear a lot of other people saying is good.

I've seen a bunch of people playing BG3 who don't even play this type of RPG, it's literally their first isometric party-based RPG, their first game based on D&D. They are mostly lost, but also having fun. Because it's a fun game. Those people are never going to come onto these forums and post feedback. They're fine with how it is.

Yeah, I'm always amazed by that. 60% of the people who played Mass Effect 3 did not play or import a character from Mass Effect 2 (let alone ME 1). Kind of mind boggling but there you go!
175 4,611 Read More
Yesterday at 11:45 PM
Ah, that make sense, thank you!!
2 77 Read More
Yesterday at 11:38 PM
High five fellow pastafarians!

[Linked Image]
62 1,620 Read More
Baldur's Gate III - Mega-threads and Guides
Yesterday at 11:29 PM
Action RPG >< RTWP RPG, for me is not the essential question for me. More imported are better controls to have more fluid gameplay. Now gameplay hurts, because is too difficult to manage the team. I am sure the controls works fine, nobody asking about arpg ore rtwp rpg
1,613 100,565 Read More
Yesterday at 11:29 PM
Hot female Aasimar with large breasts.
124 2,171 Read More
Yesterday at 11:27 PM
Could someone correct me here, but in going through the spell lists for wizards, Chromatic Orb isn't there, for me... as far as I can tell it's not IN the game...
31 633 Read More
Yesterday at 11:23 PM
I know, armor class is involved in D&D 5e in the character class. But personally I prefer separated armor class. Give character build a lot more of diversity. I like to play mage and there can be for example destruction mage, necromancer mage, illusion mage with different armor.

Maybe I am old one D&D Player, but sorry all the characters looks all like Barbies Dolls. Too much glow on it, colors to shiny. I prefer D&D more dark tones one. Remember me Sim´s and D&D had fortunately had nothing to do with this EA junk.

Also Voice Action for my preferences can be more harsh, like typically in the time of Middle Age.

For my opinion, character builds needs a lot more options.
119 4,285 Read More
Yesterday at 11:10 PM
I lured Flind pack from the cave area to Anders toll house and let the 2 groups kill each other off.

So I didn't have any conversation with Anders. However after I use speak with the dead on Bedroll(the dead guy inside toll house), Lae'zel mention "We find this one-horned tiefling and collect our prize." Which we should have no information on.
0 18 Read More
Yesterday at 10:32 PM
https://imgur.com/a/wGYTOWQ

The german description for the overloaded status.
There need to be a . and a space between the words.
549 23,969 Read More
Yesterday at 10:31 PM
Just had this with the Gnoll leader as well. Illithid/Wisdom check target 1.
EDIT: and it's repeatable
EDIT 2. Switched to DX11 but also randomly got MC as the conversationalist and it went through just fine. I think it was the conversationalist that counted, but the game randomly chooses who to initiate dialogue with in this case.
30 949 Read More
Yesterday at 10:26 PM
I don't see a problem here, you can miss a companion in other RPGs as well. Exploration should be rewarding.
18 392 Read More
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3