Larian Banner
Active Threads | Active Posts | Unanswered Today | Since Yesterday | This Week
Baldur's Gate III - Suggestions & Feedback Jump to new posts
Re: What I would like to see. Scribe 27 minutes ago
I have to assume the classes are in an alpha state.

Clerics are way off, no Paladin?
1 43 Read More
Baldur's Gate III - Technical & Gameplay Problems Jump to new posts
Re: List of issues big and small Tomtech` 1 hour ago
Bug report: The intimidation roll is 19 with a goal of 18 for the fail.

My character rolled a 19 with a goal of 18 to intimidate Brem to persuade him to release the artist but the graphics and the dialog was from a failed roll.

I had not seen the trapped people in the cave or the gnolls as part of the save the shipment quest.
597 33,691 Read More
What I would like to see. Wickedmouse 1 hour ago
I am absolutely sure that nobody cares what I want or what I think but I will put it here anyway.

For the most part, more options for the classes when they choose subclasses and abilities. The wizards get two schools to choose from warlocks get two powers to chose between then a singular pact, pretty much every class at this point has an either or feel to the subclasses. I would also like to see the ability to choose a deity for non clerics, particularly with reactions and dialog options.

Now for my biggest gripe, clerics. The domains of the clerics in all of the roleplaying games that I know of are determined by the god that the cleric worships. In this game it seems like the god you choose doesn't matter at all. It certainly doesn't to the domain choice. You can seemingly play a cleric of Shar with the light domain something that is actually opposed to her portfolio. It makes it so I don't even want to play a cleric.
1 43 Read More
Re: Would you reconsider level 10 cap? EstherEloise 1 hour ago
Originally Posted by Tzelanit
Getting the feeling that Larian is going to start adopting shady DLC practices and they'll be saving level cap increases for paid expansions, ultimately ending at level 20 after 2 or 3 of those cash grabs.

DLCs are not cash grabs, though, and I wouldn't mind that.
19 583 Read More
Re: Evil Playthrough Bugged during Goblin raid. Cecil Harvey 2 hours ago
Originally Posted by tedd4u
  • Checked the Tieflings kids hideout (Mol, etc). They are all dead. (sorry kids!)

Do not apologize for this. If I wasn't so hell bent on completing at least one paragon playthrough, i'd murder those brats every. single. time.
5 115 Read More
Re: Evil Playthrough Bugged during Goblin raid. tedd4u 2 hours ago
I just thought of a couple more potential loose ends that I tied up:

• I never saw Halsin. By the time I went over there to the "gilded door" in the Goblin Camp there was no bear, no guards etc
  • Checked the Tieflings kids hideout (Mol, etc). They are all dead. (sorry kids!)
  • Killed the little blue bird in the grove. Didn't help.

Minthara still insists that I "hunt them down."
5 115 Read More
Baldur's Gate III - Help Tips & Tricks Jump to new posts
Re: Priestess Gut daMichi 2 hours ago
Originally Posted by RBarbare
I cast silence in the area before the encounter and made sure it was still working, but she still summoned the guards. It's a scripted event, even though Silence really should work.

Silence (currently) does not work like that.
It seems it only prevents spell casting, but does not mute every sound in it's area of effect, which is a pity.
4 90 Read More
Things to change or remove CTru 2 hours ago
I should start off by saying I will always recommend Larian Studios. They are an amazing company. DOS1 & 2 are both masterpieces. With that being said there is a lot of work to do here. As is expected from early access. Lets talk.

Cant ready an action? Bruh.. its D&D.. come'on now. Thats super basic.
Example: In D&D you could ready an action to "Attack the first enemy that attacks our mage." *Has Bow equipped* Now, if any enemy attacks your mage, you would attack that enemy as a reaction. Still only 1 attack for 1 action. But not being able to ready an attack when coming from the D&D mindset really throws me off.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
COMBAT
That's one example. Other things in combat -
- Free Item interactions. You should have ONE per turn. Why? So that you cant open a door, shoot all your attacks, then close and lock the door. Rinse and repeat, they cant hit you in game. Needs to be fixed to ONE item interaction per turn per character like in 5e.
-Cant ready an action
-Being able to attack with offhand as a Bonus actions WITHOUT needing to attack with your primary first?? I can Eldrich Blast someone and ALSO attack someone next to me with my offhand? Holy crap.
-Offhand Weapon has Ability Modifiers added WITHOUT Two Weapon Fighting Style? You are so OP at even LvL 1 with this. And a Rogue? Put your stronger weapon on your offhand since there is no penalty and you have 2 bonus actions.
- Taking away the Rogues sneak damage for a Bonus action.
- Pushing, sneaking, jumping all as bonus actions? Attack someone AND push them off a cliff if your attack doesnt kill them?
- Full jump without a running start? You shouldn't be able to disengage via 'jump' every turn to avoid being hit from a reaction.

Action economy in this game is crazy. You can do SO MUCH in a single turn. TOO MUCH imo.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
FEATS
The main problem i am seeing repeatedly is they seem to have given everyone a bunch of free feats that you normally wouldn't get in D&D. The feats are normal. But typically you trade 2 ability points for a Feat. Here they are giving everyone a couple extra for free, it really diminishes the value of certain classes by giving their Feats away for free to everyone.
Even with all this said, this game is improved in every way from DOS2.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Die Rolls
They just arent as fun in the game. Maybe if it were a 3D die so you could see it like in person? When you watch your die almost land on a low number but just happens to roll over one more and you end up landing the attack, there is the brief moment of anxiety as you add your modifiers to see if you hit. It takes longer, but it feels better in person. How do we mimic this feeling? Maybe adding a 3D die would help? Idk.

In combat -
The problem in game is doing 2damage looks the same as doing 20 damage. In D&D if you roll low damage numbers then you roleplay it as such. High damage? Then you roleplay accordingly. Maybe you just barely cut the enemy as they almost dodge your attack (2 damage). Or maybe you are fighting a Cat and 2 damage means you swung your sword with ease decapitating the creature. Im not saying we should do this people! But maybe some alternative animations or different effects in battle depending on the damage % dealt?

When my party in D&D are fighting, say, a troll.. they may try to shot at or stab in in the eyes, things like this need to be available in game. Its what makes D&D so amazing and fun. You got some rope? You and a teammate each grab one end and try to trip the Giant!

_______Not done, but thought i would leave it here for now.
0 35 Read More
Re: Evil Playthrough Bugged during Goblin raid. tedd4u 3 hours ago
I have the same problem. Similar to Suffolk_Memeplex, my main character is a lolth-sworn drow warlock, and I previously helped the goblin Sazza escape. I told Minthara I'd annihilate the grove, came back, and did just that. I've killed all druids, opened up the spiral staircase down to the secret area, cleared the long tunnel to the back door, the woods around the main gate (Tieflings), the Tiefling singer over near the small beach, etc. Really not any living thing around except green-outlined goblins.

One thing that I wonder is this. I only blew the horn and opened the gate for the goblins AFTER I had killed all Druids and Tieflings (on btw I killed the adventurers too, including Liam over on the rack in the Goblin camp). Maybe since I haven't killed anyone since blowing the horn and opening the gate Minthara isn't like "reading" the situation? She's stuck in "hunt them down" response only. And again like Suffolk_Memeplex my journal says:

[] Return to Minthara. Tieflings and Druids alike lay dead. The grove belongs to the Absolute. Minthara will be pleased.

My party the whole way has been me (lolth-sworn drow warlock), Shadowheart, Astarion, and Lae'zel. We're Level 4 now. One of us has the brand. Oh we DID kill the goblin priestess but we did so in private laugh without making enemies over at the goblin camp. (Had to destroy that pesky war drum).

Suffolk_Memeplex did you figure out how to get this to work?
5 115 Read More
Gale's ... Drinking Problem. (Spoilers) Cecil Harvey 3 hours ago
So, to give context. Gale's got a condition, for those that don't know, that requires him to absorb magic from artifacts, regularly, lest some undisclosed doom befall all of humanity.

I just gave him my second artifact, the Sword of Justice, which he asked for by name. Thing is, it was equipped on Lae'zel at the time that i gave it to him. He thanked me, the quest updated, and the sword remained equipped on Lae'zel, and she continued to use it in the following battles.

This is one of those bugs that is actually helpful, though can seemingly be exploited infinitely. Figured I'd post it smile

Thanks,

Cecil Harvey
0 18 Read More
Re: We need gifts for companions Hilarian 3 hours ago
TBH, it reminds me of the DAO system where there are some significant gifts. It's not essential. If it's there, it's there for me.
15 354 Read More
Re: Gloves of Power (bug?) Starsmith 3 hours ago
Those gloves do Bane your target, but they’ll Bane you too unless you belong to the Absolute.
4 65 Read More
Re: Favorite classes and races Scribe 3 hours ago
I really need Paladins, and Oath of Conquest...badly.
49 1,587 Read More
Baldur's Gate III - Mega-threads and Guides Jump to new posts
Re: My open letter to Larian on party size. Starsmith 3 hours ago
I would think a D&D game would have at least 5 party members. Well, if Larian doesn’t add them, I am sure a mod will.
534 24,278 Read More
Re: We need gifts for companions vometia 3 hours ago
Originally Posted by Tzelanit
Oh wow, they're still letting these cringe posts happen? The guy has been playing out his kinks for months under the guise of actual contributions and these forums serve to enable him.

There's absolutely no excuse for insulting other forum members. The next time you do so you will be having some time out.
15 354 Read More
Re: Priestess Gut Niara 4 hours ago
If you really want to be sure, you can just bring your whole party into the room after you've gotten past the dialogue point where she checks - she doesn't care after that. Generally, the easiest way is to go in with the talking character, let her close and lock the door, then have the rest of your party jump across the broken wall section, into her area. They can all sneak right up to her and wait until you finish the dialogue and start the combat encounter. Save before you talk, and just make sure you get enough people with an initiative roll ahead of her to drop her before she gets a turn; that would be the 'smooth and in-game' way to do it, without skipping dialogue scenes or barrel-bombing the place.
4 90 Read More
Re: Would you reconsider level 10 cap? Tzelanit 4 hours ago
Getting the feeling that Larian is going to start adopting shady DLC practices and they'll be saving level cap increases for paid expansions, ultimately ending at level 20 after 2 or 3 of those cash grabs.
19 583 Read More
Re: We need gifts for companions Tzelanit 4 hours ago
Oh wow, they're still letting these cringe posts happen? The guy has been playing out his kinks for months under the guise of actual contributions and these forums serve to enable him. But to be on topic, no, I don't need some dumb arbitrary system to further improve how pixels perceive me in order to cater to my fetishes. But we're all aware that these aren't even actually suggestions from OP at this point.
15 354 Read More
Re: Tadpole and its Removal Ayvah 4 hours ago
I know this would be a bit counter to the way standard D&D is designed, but I feel like this is a plot hole that would be solved by saying the party members are just incapacitated in some way, not dead, so that it makes sense why they can be revived so easily and why the tadpoles stick around.

Maybe they can introduce a permadeath mode to the game where your party members actually die when they're killed and you see the little tadpole crawling away from the corpse. XD
13 276 Read More
Re: Ability Checks: The Life of DnD DragonSnooz 4 hours ago
Originally Posted by Maximuuus
Dipping is just a free cheat. I'd rather play a game that doesn't include such ridiculous mechanic but they won't remove it so something has to be done.

According to me a rare coating material that would cost action/bonus action to apply is necessary both for consistency and action economy.
We could add a check to see if the coating work or not, but without bad consequences if it doesn't work (you would already have spend and action or bonus action + a material)

I'm all for this as well. It would make sense that arrows or a blade would need to be coated beforehand.

Originally Posted by marajango
Good ideas. Personally I'm less of a fan of hard DC's. I like it when multiple stages of success and failure (other than nat 1's and 20's) are getting implemented in games. For example rolling a 9 on check to break down a door with a DC of 10 wouldn't be a complete failure, but it would take you multiple swings and maybe even exhaust your character. Or for pickpocketing someone the higher you role the more of that person's inventory can you access. (Ok, slightly off topic because a skill check, but just to give an example how differently you could handle DC rolls)

You've got a good point Marajango. It got me thinking about how to avoid the situation where all four party members fail the DC. For example, a failed check for the first party member could lower the DC for the next party member. They still hit the door, but only weaken it.

Originally Posted by ldo58
Destroying structures would then need different mechanisms in and out of combat. For instance, fo destroy a support beam during combat, in order to make a structure tumble down, it would be logical to hack away the beam's hit points turn by turn, while the battle is raging.

Personally I think these should have a DC as well. Ability checks help players embrace the world of dice rolls. So any good opportunity to have them, I would like to have in the game. I'm concerned HP for structures to be used in combat could slow down the battle as well, where a DC would allow for the structure to be destroyed in 1 turn as it is in the game.

Originally Posted by RagnarokCzD
Also i would like to note that soooo many people here is beging for Dip (since Larian will surely not remove that) require some resources ... like we all have countless Grease bottles in our backpack.

I agree that Backstab should be re-worked, but this dont seem like good way. frown

//edit:
Fun fact: I just noticed that you sorted them from best idea to worst one. laugh

Yeah, I almost didn't include dip and backstab since they're hot topics amongst a lot of players in early access. I wanted to make this thread to see if other players would be interested in more ability checks. Also, to hopefully brainstorm some quality opportunities to add ability checks into the game.

I'm one player and I would like to submit the feedback through the direct channel, but only once I know it's something that would improve the game. I'm glad to see posts are agreeing that more ability checks would help make the game better smile

Also, I've enjoyed reading everyone's feedback.
9 254 Read More
Baldur's Gate III - General Jump to new posts
Re: Spoilers...Omeluum and the Psyonic Ring OcO 4 hours ago
Originally Posted by RBarbare
On a different note, just how did you visit Omeluum just off the beach? The closest underdark access would be the Blighted Village, but that would require at least one major encounter (the initial goblin ambush), plus dealing with the ettercap and phase spiders.

Let me copy over my reply to that question from reddit and then expand on it.

"I did the Druid Grove fight and ran inside to buy a potion of invisibility from Ethel. You could skip this part if you wanted. It is possible to sneak past the attacking goblins at the Grove if you wanted to by sneaking along the path furthest from the gate. The cut screen will play but the Grove and goblins fight without you.

Go to the Blighted Village and fight or talk your way in. I was a Drow so just talked my way past.

Interact with the well in the middle of the village to go down to where the spider den is.

At this point you'll need either that potion of invisibility or you'll need to sneak past the spiders and ettercap to get to the hole that leads down to the UD.

The one thing you absolutely have to have is Feather Fall. What I did was had Gale cast the spell on me, then drank the potion and immediately went into turn mode. On each of the MC's turns I used dash to go as far as possible each round(dash does not break invisible). It took me 6 rounds to get to and jump down the hole(still in turn mode). The rest of the party went back up the well and waited for me by the warp stone(the vision cone of the mino ends just behind where you start in the UD. If you bring your whole party at least 1 will likely be in the cone and you'll get jumped).

Once I got into the UD since I was still in turn mode and had Feather Fall still running I just jumped from where you enter down to the hostile mushrooms in front of the Myconid Village. There is enough room there to safely land without triggering everything. Then just leave turn mode, ranged clear the mushrooms and walz right up to the Myconids. I found if you don't leave turn mode before clearing the mushrooms, they can bug out and their aoe will linger in place and not dissipate.

Edit: I ended up doing it as a Drow ranger cause I wanted to try that class. Since time passes regardless of if you camp rest or not, a Drow wizard could have gotten down there a bit faster by completely skipping the Grove fight and buying the potion. You can sneak your way from the beach to the Blighted Village with out engaging anyone."

To expand on what I said in that final Edit, a solo Drow wizard with Feather Fall could carefully but rapidly go from starting on the beach directly to the UD and speaking with Omeluum and never enter combat or much time except clearing the shrooms from in front of the Myconid village. Speed runners probably have some tricks too, I haven't looked.

Getting past the Goblins at the Blighted Village, the ettercap and spiders are all possible with sneak. I did it on my first attempt where I was going to try this playing as a Gith Ranger. I got to the point in the Matriarchs lair where I could jump in and realized I'd die without Feather Fall. I decided to try Drow out instead so I could quickly talk past the Goblins though and have their dark vision down the well and in the UD. In my first run to bypass the Goblins I came up the vines from down near Scratch and was in sneak mode from there where the sleeping bugbear is to the well and down.
8 352 Read More
Baldur's Gate III - General Jump to new posts
Re: What kind of companions would you like to see? VioletGrey 5 hours ago
Needs an interesting Tiefling character.

No more mean, hyper-aggressive Lae'zels, though. I like that she's in the game, but one is enough.
483 13,972 Read More
Karlach's Quests (Spoilers) Cecil Harvey 6 hours ago
So, There are two associated quests to kill Karlach. The overarching "Hunt the Devil" quest, and the specific "Kill the Devil" quest. I got the quest to kill Anders from her, went and spoke to Anders, and decided to go back and kill Karlach instead.

Doing this only completed one of the two associated quests, the 'Hunt the Devil' quest completed, while the 'Kill the Devil' quest did not, and is now permanently unable to be completed.

EDIT: After posting the pic, I realize that - for whatever reason - it also marked the "Kill Anders" quest as complete, even though the image shows that i turned Karlach's head into him, and did not actually kill him.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]
0 22 Read More
endless roll for initiative after "escaping"(?) battle tracyd611 6 hours ago
In the Goblin Camp I got into a sticky situation and had the whole camp after me. I thought I would be smart and break through the crack in the wall on the second level of the courtyard area, to escape the battle by going inside. Well, this basically broke the game, and the battle continued, except this is what was happening after my whole party made it inside the walls. Endless rolling for initiative, on the outside of the walls (NPCs), inside the walls, still in inescapable turn based mode (playable characters).
We were able to clip some of it during a Twitch stream and this is a link to the video showing what happened.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1HQG_ohldtTHB2cX6m8gH_YQVUHSQ2d4g/view?usp=sharing
0 18 Read More
Re: Tadpole and its Removal RBarbare 7 hours ago
Originally Posted by Niara
Gut and Ragzlin have tadpoles that try to escape, and if you're quick and accurate (or are sharp with jumping back into turn-based as soon as combat ends), you can kill their tadpoles as well.

Thanks for the tip - I hadn't noticed that before. Of course, I tend to kill both of them with explosive seas of fire, so perhaps the tadpole dies anyway...
13 276 Read More
Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 9 10