Larian Banner
Active Threads | Active Posts | Unanswered Today | Since Yesterday | This Week
Baldur's Gate III - Suggestions & Feedback
2 minutes ago
Originally Posted by RagnarokCzD
Personaly i like this mechanique ...
If you are selling all your loot to vendor, its nice to have a little extra something to get from him, when he cant afford give you any more money.

Also i think gold is quite fine ...
If you can make anyone like you by giving him a hammer ... it makes completely sence that you can get the same result by giving him money for that hammer.

It maybe should be just adjusted so it would not be so easily exploitable ...
Or implement there some maximal discount from attitude ...

The point is . . . he needs a hammer. He's out in the wilderness and can't work without one. All the gold in the world isn't going to make a hammer magically appear so he can start crafting/repairing weapons for the Tieflings to defend themselves with.
6 129 Read More
Baldur's Gate III - General
7 minutes ago
Originally Posted by Ari
I do wish that the dream demon’s opening move was not clipping through the player like a lustful octopus. Maybe give the sale’s pitch before proceeding around all the bases? Take notes from a proper tempter demon and only move onto the trading of saliva when it seems seduction is actually working?

Same! On one of the dreams my PC had with them, all I saw on screen was feet! It was not very romantic. Too much clipping larian! Gosh dang it
27 235 Read More
10 minutes ago
Originally Posted by Alon Binyamin
I love this mechanic. It's new and unique, it forces you to make hard choices (which usually is only limited to the game's story and here it touches on game mechanics), it get's you really invested in his story if you choose to participate. I love it - good job Larian!

I love the mechanic also. And it gives extra incentive to do some side questing and find unusual magical loot. It so rare for a game to put loot you have collected at risk.
I don't get all the Gale hate . . . I like the guy, he didn't make the best decisions but he's paying for it now and I feel sorry for him and want to help. And sure Gale has an over inflated opinion of himself, but from what I can tell, so do most of us posting on this forum! smile
57 2,411 Read More
Baldur's Gate III - Technical & Gameplay Problems
Yesterday at 11:56 PM
Dude the dice rolling algorithm this game is currently using is a dumpster fire! It is a big deal breaker for me if it is not addressed by release. My NPC’s and I rarely roll above 8 and the monsters hardly ever roll below 12! I’ve already rolled more 1’s in the week and a half I’ve been playing this game than I have in real life ...and I’ve been playing since 1980! If I owned real world die that rolled this badly I would melt them down and make a coaster outta them! This is unacceptable!
4 120 Read More
Yesterday at 11:56 PM
Originally Posted by EMC_V
As the title says, how would you modify companions initial stats, class, race or other characteristics. The backstory of the companion would remain, but everything else is fair game.

I would start with Shadow Heart. Having 13 strenght and 9 on Dexterity makes no sense. It would be way better if she has 12 strenght and 10 dexterity to avoid the dexterity penalty. And considering that she is not going to be a melee fighter, it would be better if she has higher dexterity. That way she could use a ranged weapon more effectibly.

Anyway, it doesn't seem as if we are going to have the chance to change that.

Shadowheart can have the exact same stats and a 10 Dex with point buy. She and Astarion are just made intentionally shitty, with a +1 in both of their dump stats.

She'd be fine in melee with a 14 starting Strength. Its the -1 to AC, Initiative, and more importantly Dex saves that's an issue. Mine spent a lot of time on her ass thanks to ice patches.
9 134 Read More
Yesterday at 11:53 PM
In EA Gale requires to be "fed" TWICE and you can easily give him the Zhent orb (the one with the beholder) and Selune's tears (IIRC, it's an amulet you find in the Shattered Temple). With the orb giving it to gale is the best thing you can do, while the amulet is not so great, so it's just a small loss.

Also: I found a bug with Staff of the Crones. If Gale has it in hand and you feed it to him he reacts saying the artefact was very powerful and able to keep him satisfied for a long time, yet the artefact is NOT consumed and you can keep feeding hi that way.

EDIT: Only feed Gale when he absolutely asks for it. Don't just give him stuff obviously!
57 2,411 Read More
General
Yesterday at 11:52 PM
Originally Posted by BarbeRousseLibre
And I found it the second time, kicked his ass and get +11k exp points, thanks smile.

Lucky. I couldn't handle it frown
7 1,049 Read More
Yesterday at 11:51 PM
Originally Posted by Zarna
Originally Posted by Warlocke

A mysterious entity projecting a manifestation of desire into your brain to seduce you into unlocking eldritch power isn’t romance.

I think it’s a neat feature. I like that unlocking powers by dreams is very Baldur’s Gate. I’m interested in seeing what the ramifications for accepting or denying the dreams are.

This is why I wish it could have been done in a different manner. I like the idea of it but revenge is more seductive to me than the implied sexual attraction to someone. Going to be really mad if denying the dreams locks me out of power based on this.

I guess you could roleplay that your character is just going along with the seduction attempt in order to unlock power.

I actually would like if the choice is to submit to the entity for power or deny it to avoid corruption but gain no power. I think that is a more interesting choice than choose A for power 1 or B for power 2.
27 235 Read More
Baldur's Gate III - Latest News
Yesterday at 11:50 PM
Hurraaay a new patch. Looking forward to it.
18 1,683 Read More
Yesterday at 11:50 PM

This is why I wish it could have been done in a different manner. I like the idea of it but revenge is more seductive to me than the implied sexual attraction to someone. Going to be really mad if denying the dreams locks me out of power based on this.

True that, they could pop some questions in creator but I guess that is more money to burn after all, sexual attraction is easier to manage.
I guess there will be ways, Omeluum is one for now with repulsor power.
27 235 Read More
Yesterday at 11:48 PM
I like this idea. Though I would also say we should be able to select a specific animal we want the first time we take Beastmaster or Beast Tamer so we can have the animal companion we want most out the gate.

Keep the ability to re-summon them, though. Maybe we can have a little stable at camp where we can see our pets and pick which ones we can summon in the field.
3 131 Read More
Yesterday at 11:47 PM
I WILL be naming my Bard “Lemmiwinks”!!!
7 239 Read More
Yesterday at 11:44 PM
Originally Posted by Sozz
It annoys me, feels like the romance part of the game is being forced on us rather than happening "naturally" later on. Also, most characters I play do not care about that stuff, the dream person I made for several of them was someone I want to kill or did kill in the past. smile

A mysterious entity projecting a manifestation of desire into your brain to seduce you into unlocking eldritch power isn’t romance.

I think it’s a neat feature. I like that unlocking powers by dreams is very Baldur’s Gate. I’m interested in seeing what the ramifications for accepting or denying the dreams are.
you turn into a Mind-Slayer of course.

I’m pretty sure that isn’t it. The tadpole isn’t sending the dreams, the tadpole is in stasis. It’s connected to the power, but isn’t the cause. If whomever tampered with the tadpole wanted you to become a mindflayer they could just activate the tadpole. I’m pretty sure that The Dead Three (The Absolute) is sending you the dreams, and they have plans for you to do something with your powers, likely involving Kelemvor or Shar or both.

Bhaal catfishing us. He has truly hit rock bottom.
27 235 Read More
Yesterday at 11:42 PM
Originally Posted by Sozz
It annoys me, feels like the romance part of the game is being forced on us rather than happening "naturally" later on. Also, most characters I play do not care about that stuff, the dream person I made for several of them was someone I want to kill or did kill in the past. smile

I’m pretty sure that isn’t it. The tadpole isn’t sending the dreams, the tadpole is in stasis. It’s connected to the power, but isn’t the cause. If whomever tampered with the tadpole wanted you to become a mindflayer they could just activate the tadpole. I’m pretty sure that The Dead Three (The Absolute) is sending you the dreams, and they have plans for you to do something with your powers, likely involving Kelemvor or Shar or both.
27 235 Read More
Yesterday at 11:42 PM
I do wish that the dream demon’s opening move was not clipping through the player like a lustful octopus. Maybe give the sale’s pitch before proceeding around all the bases? Take notes from a proper tempter demon and only move onto the trading of saliva when it seems seduction is actually working?
27 235 Read More
Yesterday at 11:41 PM

27 235 Read More
Yesterday at 11:40 PM
Originally Posted by RagnarokCzD
If you can make anyone like you by giving him a hammer ... it makes completely sence that you can get the same result by giving him money for that hammer.

Yes and no, from rp perspective this has no sense. You would never give willingly money to the stranger. Everyone rather try to lower cost of the items than pay extra. Doing some favor is more acceptable for altruistic characters.
6 129 Read More
Yesterday at 11:38 PM

27 235 Read More
Yesterday at 11:36 PM
Originally Posted by A Clown

But what if they're super duper hot?

Then the people that care about that can tread that person as someone they love or lust after or whatever. That would be covered under the someone important to you part. smile

Originally Posted by Verte

Like hate.

Exactly. smile

I don't know why I've got Venture Bros. on the brain, but this reminds me so much of when Dr. Orpheus astral projects to talk with his ex-wife, who of course is in media flagrante during the visit.
Yeah, vague romance is pretty paltry when you could be someone's unhealthy obsession
27 235 Read More
Yesterday at 11:34 PM

27 235 Read More
Just got this now. So annoying.
7 239 Read More
Well, that is yet another thing I headcanon. Wouldn't you have to do that anyway to treat the dream person as someone you love?
27 235 Read More
Yesterday at 11:33 PM
You can shot them dead right to next other too, LOL.
1 45 Read More
Yesterday at 11:32 PM
Originally Posted by Tarlonniel
Originally Posted by Uncle Lester
Yeah, I think Eladrin are rather unlikely, but I'd love to see how they go about the seasons thing.

We get a tiny taste of the seasonal thing in elven eye colors. It's a nice touch.

I think we should have a whole game about elves and just elves. All the different varieties! All the lore! Trips to the Feywild, Evermeet, Myth Drannor, Evereska!

Aaaand probably no one would buy it. sigh

I don't think so! It's never been done before, has it? If done right, it can make for a great game smile The closest thing I can think of is Kingdoms of Amalur, it is a little bit of a niche and unknown game but those who know it seem to love it.
159 7,559 Read More
Yesterday at 11:32 PM
I at least encountered 2 situations in camp the save files will crash.
2 40 Read More
Page 1 of 846 1 2 3 845 846