Larian Banner
Active Threads | Active Posts | Unanswered Today | Since Yesterday | This Week
Baldur's Gate III - Suggestions & Feedback
26 seconds ago
To be honest i dont like it either ...

Cant imagine how this party portraits will work in combat with large group ... in goblin camp for example. :-/
Also it seem even more chaotic than original UI ... you get some things you loot on the left, another will be added to the right ... and then there is some bars that are either hidden, so can be quite simply forgotten ... or they just appear out of nowhere. :-/

Well ... if this is your mod UI, i gues care as much as you care about mine opinion, wich will probable be not at all. laugh
But i certainly hope if Larian will do any UI updates that they will not search for inspiration here.
16 105 Read More
31 seconds ago
Originally Posted by Orbax
It just isn't now

Youre too trusting. Until larian says it missing is a bug/its just not implemented yet because its not finished i am assuming they simply forgot about it and we will never see it unless we nag them constantly.

They are trying to design the whole game. In addition to them handling the specific game and story they are making, they have to handle their mechanical implementation of the things that are not covered by the system but need to exist in a computer game adaptation of it. This gives them three distinct things. The base rules as a block, their non mechanical game design and story, the required adaptations to implement it all together. This means they do not have their minds focused so intently on comparing specific subsections of the rules to their game like a player trying to use understanding of the system to better understand this game might. This amount of specific focus is simply not going to be there.

Whats needed perhaps are full time class advocates and rules lawyers to constantly be pointing out conflicts to them and trying to bring out the richness of class flavor. Even if its not so important mechanically in the game as it currently is, the nice feeling about conceptually being super-skilled at certain things is enough to make the difference between picking one class over another. The sensation of 'being a rogue' can be made or broken by the knowledge of those skill checks being strongly in your favor. Many of the current complaints and concerns of the game do not need immediate fixes in the game itself and could be solved by simply having developer aknowledgement and the reassurance that it will be fixed at some point.

The mechanics create the fantasy. When your class has a certain mechanic, this grabs the imagination and immerses you in the class. Things like the current abjurers bonus hitpoints counting differently than it does in pnp actually effects your immersion because it effects the way you conceptualize what this ability is doing. The mechanics effectively are the character, and so for a rogue to be skilled, the mechanics must say they are or it wont feel right, you will not be immersing, but pretending on top of an immersion, your rogue will not be skilled but will only think it is.
47 401 Read More
Baldur's Gate III - General
34 seconds ago
Agreed. I would like to see an option that allows the entire party to jump rather than having to do it one at a time.
17 223 Read More
41 seconds ago
Poor little We died in a fall from a nautiloid. How would events develop if he survived, does anyone have any guesses?
Would you like such a pet?
[Linked Image]
0 1 Read More
41 seconds ago
Yeah, I clicked through but it was clearly someone trying to find something wrong and not really interested in offering constructive feedback. Also took waaay to much to long to make his point.

I want that 6 minutes of my life back.

Anyway --

Fog of war, on the constructive feedback list already.
Inventory management agreed but delivery of critique is unpersuasive
Rolling for passive search checks -- that's D&D you don't D&D and that's fine. Doesn't mean that D&D suckzor.

Couldn't watch any more.
19 112 Read More
42 seconds ago
He's lost forever. Well, until your next campaign. Don't worry, I have lost Wyll, killed Lae'zel and ignored Gale and Astarion altogether in different playthroughs. It's not the end of the world.
7 26 Read More
1 minute ago
Originally Posted by RagnarokCzD
Have anyone manage to dip into anything else than fire?

Acid pools from enemy spells.
4 118 Read More
Baldur's Gate III - Technical & Gameplay Problems
1 minute ago
Did anyone watch it? It is worth one
1 10 Read More
1 minute ago
Individual points of feedback after 26 hours of playing:

Great setting and scenary, and a good selection on monsters.

The plot really does give urgency to player actions without resorting to end of the worlds scenarios (I appreciate that that is liable to change over time, but it's great that we start at a small scale rather than trying to save the kingdom after killing the first few rats).

The camera is frustrating at times, getting stuck behind scenery. One time at the start of the game it got stuck in the room with the fight between the illithid and the cambion even though I was still in the room with three imps.

Not sure on the economy of magic arrows - three hundred coin for a one-shot item that boosts damage a touch seems excessive.

I like the creativity in the magic weapons, but all I seemed to see was a wide selection of two-handed weapons. No magic ranged weapons so far, and the single-handed weapons have been less interesting.

I'm not a fan of the companions. I appreciate the ludo-narrative consonance of being forced to spend an extended period of time with some obnoxious people I'd rather just kill, but unlike my player character I can just turn off the game. I appreciate that there seems to be a general move towards 'let's be evil' in RPGs recently, e.g. Tyranny, but it doesn't make me any more inclined to like judgemental, inflexible, arrogant solipists than I was before. Plus the party needs more options for tanks.

The game could stand to have a glossary, but many concepts are explained well.

The game could stand to have a pause function as well - I don't mind fighting the enemies, but I would prefer to have better equipment to deal with the UI.

Pathing can be weak at times - I've lost count of the number of times when my player character decided that the best route from A to B involved throwing themselves off a cliff. Does a good job at traversing fairly long distances otherwise though.

Sneaking and combat can be a slow and frustrating exercise in micromanagement.

Any chance of an option for how much is highlighted when the 'alt' button is pressed? There's lots of stuff I'm interested in that doesn't highlight (such as food) which leads to long pixel-hunts in some rooms.

I love the number of autosave and quicksave slots - thank you. Would be nicer to have more frequent autosave, but the number of slots is great.

Had an amusing physics bug where a corpse glitched out of existance a couple of times, but that's mostly been fine.

Maybe have things that are spotted glow or shimmer for a bit longer once they've been seen. There have been a few too many times where someone in the party has spotted something and I've had no idea what it was. Sometimes it was a trap (Oh! That's what you saw). Sometimes I still have no idea.

Having an inventory sort button would be really handy. Particularly by something like weight.

Succeeded one level up to loose my stat increase my trying to improve a maxxed out stat. Oops.

Combat seems to consist of wandering the map until I find a fight I stand a chance of winning and then hoping that I get enough exp and loot from it to be able to take on something else. I appreciate that grinding isn't fun, but having some non-essential combats would be nice. Or else be a bit more generous with the non-combat exp. Even the combar rewards are not great - killing those phase spiders took almost all my resources and total reward was a gem for a book I've got no idea why I should be interested in and a robe that might have been mildly handy for the fight if I'd actually brought the wizard along.

Was highly amused by Volo when I first met him. Slaughtering the goblins outside the castle? No problem. Looting the merchant's area? That is just not on! Stealing from the dead is obviously far more serious than actually killing someone.

Either way, good game, but I'm not really inclined to play more. Too much 'let's give evil a chance', too few 'good' options, no decent rewards for quests: save the druid and kill the goblins and you get a staff that can create a puddle of mud once a day and a forgettable pile of junk. Saving the druid and finding that there is no quest exp and my only reward is 'the princess is in another castle' and most of the traders no longer being willing to trade with me, before sending me down to fight minotaurs that can wipe the floor with my party because I can't find any more fights to level up from? That was the final straw.
0 5 Read More
2 minutes ago
I'm all for more stability and hopefully all those weird issues with saved games will go away.
17 560 Read More
3 minutes ago
Originally Posted by Maximuuus
Originally Posted by Kendaric
Originally Posted by robertthebard
Concerning "Elemental effects have no business in a D&D game, jump to 25:56

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5j1wd4Ay81A&ab_channel=OutsideXtra

Virtually no one claims that ground effects have "no business in D&D", most of us are quite aware that D&D has a lot of ground based spells like Spike Growth, Grease, Web, etc. as well as items such as Alchemist's Fire or oil/acid flasks. What D&D DOESN'T have are cantrips that deal damage AND create a surface effect in addition or even on a miss. Of course throwing an oil flask with your rogue and having your mage set it ablaze with Burning Hands or even a Firebolt should remain, no one is arguing that.
But a Firebolt that creates a fire ground effect by itself is a bit much, not to mention the general overuse of such effects.

Don't forget talking about dipping^^

[Linked Image]

Argh! Don't even start with that bull cr... sorry, but, even with all the abstraction, magic and monsters, D&D rules still TRY to stay logical and grounded in reality, and lighting 4ft of steel ablaze with candle is just... yea, it's wacky Divinity fun fun logic, and has no place in any game which takes itself even a little bit seriously.
63 600 Read More
4 minutes ago
Gale can be a self-involved narcissist yea
230 6,355 Read More
Baldur's Gate III - Mega-threads and Guides
4 minutes ago
I admit, I have no idea what to do if the battle is turn-based, if there are twenty enemy archers in front of you and if everyone is aiming at you.

But it seems to me that games with an active pause are built on the idea that the player uses active pause as little as possible. To correct some important things that cannot be corrected without a pause. This has never worked for me. I either use too much control even in the smallest fights, or I lower the difficulty to the absolute minimum, to storymode, to cheats and trainers. And then I stop paying attention to the fights. All the characters do their auto attacks, and I do tea.

And then someone in a smallest corridor steps on a trap and everyone is suddenly in a web. From horns to tails. For a long time. And I sit and think: Pathfinder, you yourself made this mess.

My vote for turn-based combat =)
1,519 69,212 Read More
7 minutes ago
Wow, I never thought about it. And what, so it was possible?
In any case, I do not want to kill her, she is a good character to be a companion, but the opportunity is funny. It needs an additional entry in the diary so that the player understands that this is not a bug but a feature provided by the developers
12 206 Read More
7 minutes ago
I kind of agree that there is no satisfying way of going the evil route, and I want to use as example of that issue the way we interact with Evil Queen Lae'Zael.

There is little to talk about with her. She is by herself, she's strong and independant, and only accept to be part of the group because we are a means to an end.
BUT
After successful battles, when she notices that not only do we hold our own, we don't even go down, but sometimes we DO get her up, she doesn't pick up on it. She doesn't seem to notice our martial prowess. When blatantly ignoring or outright despising the problems of others in order to prioritize our own need to get that parasite out of our skull, she doesn't seem to notice either.

I think there is something to say about things that affect our relationships with companions that aren't either:
- dialog
- good/bad decisions

I think combat could be taken into account. Maybe our level of strength/dex/constitution and how often we pick those in discussions? How often we fall to traps and so on and so forth...
17 162 Read More
7 minutes ago
If you Jump 20 feet, it should consume 20 feet speed. Right now Jumping consumes 10 ft of speed so you can increase your speed by 15 feet or so if you jump and have high strength. Jump should be changed to consume the correct amount of speed.

Rationale:

Firstly, It's overly complicated. Planning your turn out now involves seeing if a jump can get you there when a normal move would not. On top of that you have to make sure you jump before you use up too much speed, or you'll lose the ability to jump altogether.

Secondly, it changes the balance of stats, and makes STR a useful stat for every class (doubly so for rogues who get 2 bonus actions). Every extra point in STR gives you a little extra jump distance you can add to your speed. This doesn't seem to be a huge deal, just something to think about.

Suggestion: change jump so you can't cheat out extra speed. Let players jump less than 10 feet if they want and consume the correct amount of speed, so there is no distance where you lose the ability to jump.

STR would still affect how far you can jump, important for clearing large gaps and changes in height, but doesn't give the extra benefit of more speed also.

Suggestion2: separate jump/disengage and make jump a free action instead of a bonus action. If jump isn't giving bonus speed, no reason why it has to be a bonus action. (corollary, let us walk through allies so we dont have to use jump so much).
0 4 Read More
7 minutes ago
+1, I especially want to see some whips.
3 18 Read More
10 minutes ago
+1, Vhaeraun is a pretty cool drow god I'd like to see included.
8 98 Read More
11 minutes ago
Originally Posted by Nyanko
It's not disjointed, it's incomplete. Because, you know, it's act 1 in early access. Why people always ask everything of a game even though they know they are only presented with a third of its actual content? That's beyond me.

Because Sven and Larian have encouraged people to try an evil playthrough. If you want to test something specific start by making sure that it is in a state somewhat representative of what you want to test.
4 32 Read More
15 minutes ago
Originally Posted by Sludge Khalid
Statistically speaking you’ve selected a random sample out steam and took the responses that was given spontaneously and in a open ended questionnaire. What you’ve done we can translate to IDI (in depth interviews) but without any structured guideline (which is highly not recommended).

Guidelines would limit the set of responses. If you are out fishing for the most comprehensive list of input no limits should be applied.
You can then take items of interest gathered from such a wide sample and develop a more limited approach and take various customer groups into consideration.

Originally Posted by Sludge Khalid

have no statistical meaning.

That is not entirely true. Items with extremely low frequency are to be considered irrelevant.
22 378 Read More
15 minutes ago
Clerics arent NEEDED but having 1 defenitly helps wink

Imo this 'pass 1 test or Shadowheart leaves' thing is part of a bigfer problem that gets repeated elsewhere. Feels like to much of a harsh end result beeing tied to 1 dice roll.

The other classes thst can heal arent added to the game yet though right? Kinda problematic yes 😂
3 21 Read More
17 minutes ago
When I buy the Reresection scrolls, they always disappear from my inventory
7 109 Read More
18 minutes ago
I play with a group and we have made quite a number of characters and we have noticed that an option to randomize the character is missing and would be greatly appreciated. There are many people who would like to just hit randomize until they get something close to what they want and then adjust from there. This is especially useful for the names and appearance section. Also, the more options you have, the more useful the randomize option becomes. Please consider adding a randomize button to the character adjustment/creation area. Thank you.
1 17 Read More
19 minutes ago
Fixed by the ol' classic: uninstall - reinstall.
1 10 Read More
19 minutes ago
Add Day and light cycle. If Solasta a company of 17 people can do that I hope Larian can too. It felt immersive to see the days changes in Solasta and fighting at night was more dangerous.
2 19 Read More
Page 1 of 224 1 2 3 223 224