Larian Banner
Active Threads | Active Posts | Unanswered Today | Since Yesterday | This Week
Baldur's Gate III - Technical & Gameplay Problems
Yesterday at 08:41 PM
after you meet Raphael you can speak to Astarion about trading your soul to a devil
he will reply "I will not trade a vampiric master for a devil"
even before the "night snack" scene
pls fix
0 22 Read More
Divinity - Original Sin - Enhanced Edition
Yesterday at 08:11 PM
Divinity: Original Sin 2- Enhanced Edition on PS4

I just acquired Shadow's Eye and am having trouble understanding how or if the Chameleon Cloak effect is doing anything or how to make it do something. The skill doesnt show up in my skills (yes with the crossbow equipped) so I cant add the skill to the task bar. So it's either bugged or always doing something that I haven't yet picked up on. I spent some time reading what my online search yielded. Nothing to that end so far. Which probably means it's bugged for me. Anyone?
0 21 Read More
Troubleshooting
Yesterday at 07:59 PM
Hello everyone, first of all let me say how much i'm enjoying modding for the first time, it's been now few days that im having fun with the engine, im here tho not to talk about how wonderful the software is but to try sort out some issues that im having.

1. Engine layout: I've accidentally saved the layout that i was using while playing around with all the buttons, that said now i can find anyway to open the "interaction options" menu, even right clicking on (for exemple terrain pant and such) the icons wont show up the tab with radius and all that. Is there anyway i can reset the layout?
2. Buildings, everything is fine building wise even if is one of the most difficult things to work on, however once i complete a building and i test it with the "in game camera" the character cant walk inside the building, anyone knows why?

Sorry for my english i hope what im writing makes sense and thanks to everyone that will be willing to waste some time to help me out!
Have a great time everyone!
0 23 Read More
Divinity - Original Sin 2 - Bugs & Technical Problems
Yesterday at 02:46 PM

item with the same key has already been added.

There are four of us playing, and one in the group is getting this every time they start, aka the invite is sent, they are kicked to the desktop with this error.
I sit in the same room as him, and I know he has a valid copy of the game.. he can play on his own all the time..

The person hosting the game has to start a new game, join that person, then load the saved game..

Surely there is a fix for this.. it really is silly to have to do a new game every time to get our friend in the game..
0 23 Read More
Yesterday at 02:00 PM
Had been able to start up the game on DirectX11 with no problems, made a save and had some kind of error message about compatibility and now the game instantly crashes on startup. I've followed the steps on the FAQ with no luck. Anyone else having similar problems or have any other ideas?
0 23 Read More
Baldur's Gate III - Suggestions & Feedback
Yesterday at 01:06 PM
The title sequences across past an up-close shot of walls, the sequence is nice if you sit and watch it, as most people will the first time. But the other 90% of the time when you play the game you’re just going to be looking at an image of a wall.
0 36 Read More
Yesterday at 01:05 PM
A few points that could be improved on:

I would press space to skip the end of the sentence, and it would then choose the top line of dialogue in the next section. Maybe put a delay on registering the spacebar for selecting dialogue? Or skip dialogue with a mouse click because it's quite easy to have the mouse hovering over the 1/2/3/4 comment area, then pressing space selects whatever your mouse if hovered over.

I think the conversations would look better if when conducting an insight check or perception time paused, or slowed down considerably. At the minute it looks as though mid conversation you decide to hold your head in real time whilst the other person stares at you and it’s pretty obvious your reading their mind.

When offered a bowl by Okta: It would make sense for her to offer a bowl each to the party. She also handed me soup in a horizontal bowl, but that is more of an animation bug.

I can understand why conversations take place in silos, especially for multiplayer purposes, but it comes across as odd that when I’m chatting to someone with my whole group next to me, they get ignored or don’t get involved at all (or rarely).
For example, when picking up companions at the start, would make sense for the ones you’ve picked up to join in the conversation. Are you a cleric? It would be good to hear 'No but I am'

I find it problematic that your companions left at camp do not gain XP along with the party, this means you have to commit to your group and never change right from the get go, or you’re penalised. If there was some way they could at least gain the minimum XP for protecting the camp whilst not active that would allow you to swap out characters if you realise you dont actually like that person?
0 41 Read More
Yesterday at 09:56 AM
Hello,
I am experiencing different bugs at the camp:
With one character I've reached the Zentharim camp in Waukeen's Rest and got to a friendly conversation with Zarys. Rugan and his buddy being dead, Zarys still let's me in. In the conversation with her, she tells me that I will be getting access to the "special stuff" for Zentarim friends only with the local trader. But this does not register with the trader.

With two other characters I reached the camp after agreeing with Rugan to sell the magic bottle in Baldur's Gate. I get it on friendly terms with Zarys approval. At the bottom, I can talk with the trader, etc. But when I move up to where Rugan is being questionned or to Zarys up on the ledge, the NPCs all turn agro without me even getting as much as in a conversation with Zarys.
0 35 Read More
27/11/20 11:42 PM
There is a lot fancy fairstyles in the game but lack of simple ones. To all likeminded people - give it a "+" so there is a chance devs can see that massage.
0 54 Read More
27/11/20 04:50 PM
Hello, I've been loving the game so far (6 hours in and I've still done basically bugger all) but there was one odd thing that popped up. During my second nights sleep Raphael pops up to offer me a cure, I give vague answers etc and say I'll contact them later. Anyway afterwards I spoke to all my companions and Asterion mentions that we still need to find out who altered the tadpoles. The problem is this is the first time anything like altering tadpoles has been mentioned, how does Asterion know that? Is this an issue where the dialogue was written expecting me to be at a certain point regardless of whether I am or not or does he know more than he's letting on? It's not that terrible a problem to have but it has kind of ruined the twist for me if there's meant to be some sudden revelation that this has happened on purpose.

If it is just him knowing more than he's letting on I'd suggest a speech option (insight or something) where you can pick up on that slip up.

Where I'm at right now is that I went to camp just before I went into the goblins hideout to try and save Halsin. I haven't gotten any further than that. There's been basically no info on the tadpoles themselves apart from them turning me into a mindflayer though I am loving the constant use of Githyanki language.
Oh and in case anyone asks, no there has been absolutely no mention of the altering of tadpoles until Asterion talks about it. The only thing that's mentioned is that it's odd we haven't turned yet and that's it.
0 40 Read More
27/11/20 03:43 PM
After killing Auntie Ethel and talked to Mayrina, if Mayrina walks into fog created my player, she will go hostile.
0 24 Read More
27/11/20 12:15 AM
Hi guys, I'm on my last but one character to run with, a Warlock and it's more bugged than an I'm a celebrity contestant as my character is deciding to select weapon usage instead of hexing a target as I wish, lets not mention the spell misses when i chose high charisma shall we, this miss rate when characters have high placement in their chosen field of expertise needs serious work on as in Roll20 that isnt the case as it quite simply lowers your roll to succeed ..At this stage I'm going to confirm tht the die are loaded against the player on all characters except ranger as I haven't played that yet and ask that you work on this part in great detail Larian....Main guys you need to be chasing for improvement at this time are the UI dev as it's terribad again just like DOS 2 till Definative Edition to the point it's dissapearing, not selecting the right spells for clickers like myself and ive even watched in dismay as my character moved into a battle clicking on it plus the Dev resonsible for the die rolls as to repeat myself it's not taking into account the players chosen field of expertise level, it's too obvious it isn't and will annoy a lot of players that aren't as tenacious as me with your games as a fan because I know how good you can be as DOS2 eventually was and is a masterpiece. I'm not asking you to make it easy by any means, I'm just asking you to make me feel as if investing in skills is worth the time and effort....Or you can just be honest and say, well Selenium it's because your characters are low level and things improve as you get higher level on rolls and yes Selenium we are aware the UI sucks for clickers at the moment and it will be patched..I say Selenium as for some unknown reason people have chose to take my gamer tag I've had since I was 9 years old that I took off the back of a Head and Shoulders shampoo bottle as it's an ingredient and rip it off, including on this forum, I'm now 46 so I guess a lot of people must have liked it or just had itchy scalps..
0 40 Read More
Divinity - Original Sin 2 - Help/Tips/Tricks
26/11/20 09:33 PM
I would love to play DOS2 with my wife on our PS4, couch co-op style. We would each like to play a custom character. Can anyone PLEASE provide step-by-step instructions on how to make this happen? I have been trying for over an hour. The furthest I got is an error that yells "no character available". We have each literally JUST started a campaign, in each we are still below decks, haven't even visited the prisoner.

We've each tried to host, but we can't get the other player to appear in the host screen.

We've each tried just staring a single player campaign, but can't find any way to include the other player (the aforementioned "no character available" method).

We have a PS4, 2 controllers, 2 PSN accounts (I'm plus, she's not), and we'd love to enjoy this game together. How can we make this happen?

Thanks
0 25 Read More
26/11/20 08:28 PM
Its really fun to make characters and it would be nice to have a separate character building option so you can make characters in advance or just play around with building them.
I don't expect this to be a thing this early but it would be cool in the finished game since I'd probably be using BG3 for making one shot characters since its so fast and easy.

Probably the coolist thing would be (if WotC allow it) would be to put options from later books in. Even if they're not in the main game having more options there could make it a great tool for players.
Another idea would be to allow you to level up characters so you can make higher level characters (since many one shots are level 3-5 or 10) or to test how your character would be at higher levels or to preview features.
0 56 Read More
26/11/20 05:53 AM
I'm just now getting this bug for the first time. The launcher pulls up fine, the menu pulls up fine, but as soon as I'm past the loading screen that *should* take me to an in-game screen I get a crash. I don't even end up seeing any in-game graphics; the moment the loading bar hits 100% my game goes down. I played through the entire game a few weeks back (the first week it was out) and never had a single crash, but suddenly I'm not even able to get in-game. Anyone else having this problem?
I'm running the game on a 2020 Macbook Pro 16''. Initially I thought that I might be having trouble because my laptop was due for an update and I know the drivers are tied into the OS so I went through the headache of downloading Big Sur and getting it installed but nada. I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling. I've tried changing the graphics setting to the absolute lowest they can be on, I've made sure there are no programs running in the background besides Steam. I've restarted my computer multiple times. I've tried booting up the game with Steam closed, from the steamapps common folder. None of it is working. This is so frustrating, especially because this is the first time I'm having any issues with bugs that actually effect my ability to play the game. Any help would be really appreciated.
0 48 Read More
25/11/20 10:49 PM
Hi guys,

I found this Bug that can easily be used by everyone. My experience was with the Hag but i think it can be done with many other NPC. I didn't tested too (sorry for my english)

By the way, if you split party members and one of them start a conversation with an NPC (in my case Astarion started this conversation opening the main door of the putrid bog house) you can switch player with the icon Character select in dialog mode. The conversation is freezed and so are the two players, but my ranger was able to shoot The Hag to Death wich was unable to stop a deceiving conversation with a good looking, just a little pale, guy. Every shot didn't stopped conversation status so i was able to drink the renowned Tea some npc spoke of and in kill a 110HP Witch at the same time. I took some bad stomach ache by the way.

Hope this can help.

BYE
0 34 Read More
25/11/20 09:04 PM
I look forward to my future playthoughs in BG3, I enjoy the game
This is post serves as a collection of the things I noticed during my first playthrough that would benefit from some attention.

BUGS:
- In the underdark, the vines leading to the final platform with the petrified drow and beholder cannot be climbed via clicking the vines, clicking them causes you to slow fall through the map then be teleported to camp as a corpse.

suggestions & gripes
- Consider adding in jump attacks from under & overhead. Jumping down on someone and attacking could give advantage if done from stealth. This could also lead to some badass combat

- The drop into the underdark by casting featherfall on your party and igniting the web is cool and the music matches well. However, on reflection it feels kind of lame where it drops you to. The ground floor of the underdark, which is easily accessible to the player, and isnt nearly as hidden as the web drop is. It would be better if the drop went to a more secret location like a ledge accessible only through misty step. I think a better spot to land would be a ledge with an overhead view of that area. Considering your party will probably still have featherfall on when they drop to the ledge, they could jump down to the ground floor of the underdark from there.

- Out of combat enemy response needs to be improved around discovering bodies or getting attacked/pushed off ledges from stealth. The current response is not intelligent enough. There needs to be more "searching" done in response to being attacked from the unknown.

- In combat enemy response to player sneaking should consider the case: if it sees a target, the target hides, now the enemy can't locate any targets. Then it should move to where it saw the last visible target, until it has a target to attack again. Exceptions to the enemy searching where it last saw someone would be: it gets distracted by a spell, or maybe it doesnt want to go search without reinforcements.

- Lack of feat variety between the classes was underwhelming and made character advancement seem almost arbitrary in terms of what class or feats you chose.

0 59 Read More
25/11/20 08:58 PM
Just a little inspiration material for the community and LarianStudios.

Featuring

Some of the characters highlighted in his videos are extreeemly farstretched.
But the plottwists and rarity of these roleplays is truly captivating.

If you did not knew this channel before, no need to thank me.
Enjoy.
0 51 Read More
Divinity Original Sin - Help/Tips/Tricks
25/11/20 10:53 AM
Hi all,

I recently decided to do a new play-through of D:OS and thinking about the robust (and sometimes non-intuitive) crafting system, I figured I'd recompile a new recipe guide of all the recipes in the Enhanced Edition.

There are several versions of crafting guides out there that were created back when the game came out but they are all either incomplete or have inaccuracies due to new patches and content. I based the formatting of my guide off of the one created for the original version by Ivra hosted here so credit to them for doing the initial work and giving me something to start from. I also scoured a few different wiki sites and did extensive testing on my one of my own saves to make sure almost all of the recipes I listed are correct and work as I explained them.

There are a ton of possible crafting options in this game so hopefully this guide will be beneficial to someone playing for the first time and feeling overwhelmed, or someone coming back and trying to remember all the recipes.

You can view/download it here:
Link to Google Drive PDF

Cheers
0 40 Read More
25/11/20 05:39 AM
Whenever I try and use the Summon Companion action, or the find familiar action. The entity spawned is always hostile and pulls me into combat.
0 50 Read More
25/11/20 04:12 AM
In the Blighted Village, there is a Cellar belonging to a Red Wizard. Inside, you find a sliding door that requires you move a barrel and flick a switch to move. Just beyond the sliding door, but before you get the Mouldering Caskets, there is a chasm to the left. The game will allow you to jump into the chasm. So I cast feather fall on Laz and sent her in thinking it might be another fast way to the under dark. Instead, she suddenly appeared in camp, dead.

I feel like the game shouldn't allow NPCs to jump into chasms if doing so will result in death even with feather fall. Either add an invisible wall so we can't jump down there or allow us to jump down there... and get stuck. Or even better, offer more quick ways to the under dark. But right now, it just seems bugged.
0 44 Read More
24/11/20 09:03 PM
No out of order dialog option for Karlach.

1. I cleared the toll house before seeing her. There is no option telling her right away.

2. When I talk to her again after 2nd time, the "Did you get the bastards?" come up again.
0 30 Read More
24/11/20 07:00 PM

When i read the note to disarm the Magic trap in the Owl Bear cave on the chest the cleric dialog worked until i had to

roll the die then went into a endless loop rolling over & over. i reloaded the game 20+ times same thing. i am not sure if i killed

the Owe bear or not cause i started over from an older save cause i wanted different spells from the Eldridge Fighter & Rogue!!!

Please help or fix TYVM!!! i Killed the Owl Bear it does not make a difference it still rolls in an endless loop so i have to reload every time!!!

i Downloading the latest Nvidia 1080 GTX TI drivers, that did not help, i really want to open this chest to sell items for a sword!!!

ok i got it to open i added to wares dropped it then opened it still had to roll a dex save no clue why passed then got the items FYI
0 39 Read More
24/11/20 06:46 PM
Game crashes when cycling between characters in Character Sheet view in the inventory screen when I double click on a party member's portrait. This has happened twice, once when switching to Astarion from my main character, and once when switching to Gale from my main character.

Also observed the following visual issues but don't feel like they deserve their own thread.
1. Camera on nautiloid before entering first imp fight gets stuck on side of the ship and swivels like crazy.
2. Imps in the background dive through the floor of the level during battle in helm.
3. Stranded fisherman visibly cycles between two different animations instantly after I intimidated him with githyanki talk.
4. Cuts between shots while meeting Gale cause smoke effects in the background from the crashed ship to spazz out. The smoke flashed bright blue for a moment before rendering.

This is my first forum post. Let me know if I'm doing it wrong. Keep up the good work!
0 38 Read More
24/11/20 06:44 PM
Roughly 10% of the population has colorblindness of one type or another. BG3 supposedly sold over a million copies on Steam which means potentially 100,000+ players that are trying to play the game colorblind.
I'm sure there are probably other things I haven't noticed(cause I can't tell that something is suppose to be different) but here are at least 2 slight changes that would be easy fixes for 2 things I have noticed.

Spell slots: Personally I can not tell which slots are still active and which are spent unless I mouse over a spell icon and see which slot starts flashing. Simple fix would be to "X" out spent spell slots rather than color them differently.

Minimap icons: The minimap icons for Friendly/Neutral/Enemy are all diamond shapes with different colored centers. Once again I can not tell which color is which so all 3 are just diamonds to me. I suggest changing the shape of 2 of those. Leave Friendly as a diamond, make Neutral a triangle(yield sign) and Enemy a octagon(stop sign) or maybe an "X" or some such.

Any other colorblind players notice things that could be slightly tweaked to make things easier for us to play the game?
0 54 Read More
Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 10 11