Larian Studios
Chrome version 87.0.4280.88, Windows 7 x64

This editing window has white char on a black background. When the cursor is at the beginning of the line, it's not visible.
So the user can't see on which line the cursor is, when he's going up/down.

The text edit box should have a wider margin, especially on the left, to solve this problem.
I shall look into that*. In theory it shouldn't be a massive amount of effort to fix; but in saying that I've just guaranteed that it will be. :|

Edit: * when I am suitably awake to alter the template in question, that is. CSS and I do not always get along.
Originally Posted by vometia
I shall look into that*. In theory it shouldn't be a massive amount of effort to fix; but in saying that I've just guaranteed that it will be. :|

Edit: * when I am suitably awake to alter the template in question, that is. CSS and I do not always get along.

Thanks! smile

I meant *padding.

In common.css, line 87, this change should do it:

HTML
#texteditor{width:100%;padding: 2px;}

Yeah, I guessed. biggrin It's specified in a template somewhere which should be obvious but some rummaging may be required. I'll also need to do as much testing as I'm able (I'm currently without wireless telephone) as I'm aware not everything interprets 100% the same way when it comes to leaving a gap. Admittedly that caution is mostly previous trauma from IE6 but some shadows are very long...
Ouch, sorry to bring back haunting memories... yes, IE can have this effect sometimes, it's not the easiest to manage.

It's not a major issue, so no worries smile
I have rather belatedly addressed this matter now. Hopefully it is working as required. I have chosen a slightly larger gap than suggested as I think the division between the text and surroundings makes things visually clearer though my choice is subjective and therefore provisional.
Originally Posted by vometia
I have rather belatedly addressed this matter now. Hopefully it is working as required. I have chosen a slightly larger gap than suggested as I think the division between the text and surroundings makes things visually clearer though my choice is subjective and therefore provisional.

Sorry, I missed your reply. Yes, it's much better now, thanks a lot!
© Larian Studios forums