Larian Studios
Posted By: Redglyph Server performance issues? - 06/01/21 07:56 PM
Hello, the forums have been really slow lately, is there an issue with the server? It doesn't seem to depend on the time of day.
The first connection is often slower, but it also happens randomly when opening browsing threads.
Posted By: vometia Re: Server performance issues? - 07/01/21 10:06 AM
We are aware of the problem though not it's precise cause as of yet. I'll raise it again with the website team.
Posted By: Redglyph Re: Server performance issues? - 07/01/21 03:10 PM
OK, thanks for confirming. It's a small country here, could have been a slowdown elsewhere smile
Posted By: Redglyph Re: Server performance issues? - 29/01/21 10:44 AM
Well, it's getting worse and worse.
Posted By: Wdude Re: Server performance issues? - 29/07/22 09:37 PM
Man sometimes loading a site is taking like 3 mins lol.It's just this forum nowhere else.
EDIT:Just realized this thread is old as hell.
Posted By: asmin Re: Server performance issues? - 12/12/22 08:18 AM
If you ever consider switching the forum engine - take a look at www.discourse.org from the creator of Stack Overflow.
Great tool from both user and admin perspectives 👍
Posted By: vometia Re: Server performance issues? - 16/12/22 03:28 AM
AFAIK it's still under consideration but I'm out of the loop about what they might be looking at. It could at least do with a new skin: the current Ego Draconis-era one is nostalgic and all but not really contemporary. I have wondered about doing my own but I'm no graphic designer.

I suspect I've an idea about the performance issues so I'll have a word with the tech guys to try something.
© Larian Studios forums