Larian Studios
Posted By: Nicou It's a-me: Lenny - Senior Community Manager - 03/08/22 05:20 PM
Hey folks!

Lenny/Nicou here, I've started at Larian earlier this week and I'm going to work with the team as a Senior Community Manager.
I can't wait to get to know you more, you'll also get to know me... you can't avoid your fate 😏

Some details about me:
🔨 Big fan of dwarves; Their culture, language, and beers (mostly Tolkien).
✨ Love fictional languages such as Neo-Kkûzdul (dwarf), Xi'An (Star Citizen), Banu (Star Citizen), or some easier Triglavian (Eve Online), T'au (Warhammer 40k), and Thargoids or Guardians (Elite: Dangerous). Basically, I like to unravel mysteries & decrypt codes.
🎲 I play a lot of space & sci-fi games, strategy, simulation, and RPGs.
🛡️ In Baldur's Gate III, you'll mostly see me playing Tanks or Support roles.
💬 Communication is very important to me, and I'll do my best to keep up with your feedback, requests, messages, ... we have a great Community Team full of ideas & plans, so we won't let you down!
🥖 Surprisingly, as a French lad: I speak ze French. I live in Ireland. Auch, Ich spreche ein bisschen Deutsch.

See you soon cool
Kaltxì, ma tsmukan. Zola'u nìprrte'.

Na'vi for Hello brother, welcome! smile
Lor a tsive'a ngat fìtsenge! o7
Salut Nicou,

Bienvenue sur le forum !

J'étais tenté d'écrire "Saluuuut nounou Nicou !" Mais ça marche uniquement si tu as regardé les Animaniacs en VF étant petit. Et même dans ce cas, je sais pas si c'est une super bonne blague en fait. Anyway, moving on.

I have a couple of questions.

What's your remit/mission/duties, as Senior Community Manager ? We haven't had a CM until quite recently. So what should we expect from you ?

And what are your communication plans ? Will you make a bigger introduction/announcement in the Baldur's Gate III > Latest News subforum ? Will you hold a formal Q&A at some point(s) ? Will you mainly lurk-and-post casually around here ?

I ... just noticed that Salo replied to some of theses questions in her introductory thread yesterday. I tend to check the Baldur's Gate III section a lot more frequently than the General section (and I suspect I'm not the only one). Hence why I mention Baldur's Gate III > Latest News as "bigger". I think posting there might be more visible than here in General > Chat (but maybe it would not, I don't know).

Also, since Salo mentioned mainly feedback : is there anything that we players could do to make feedback more useful, or easier to process ? Are there topics where feedback is particularly sought ? Are there topics Larian would consider putting to rest once and for all (Day/Night cycles, party size, etc), by letting us know when something is already set in stone ?

Anyway, looking forward to seeing you and Salo around.
Greetings!
Hello and welcome!

And consider me signed under Drath Malorn message.
Please-please, talk to us. At this point I'm holding back some suggestions just because I'm not sure if the team needs/wants suggestions on solutions to known problems.
Originally Posted by Drath Malorn
What's your duties as Senior Community Manager ? We haven't had a CM until quite recently. So what should we expect from you ?
*Put on sunglasses*
Saving these lands from evil. And for that, we will need a lot of dwarves. You in?
Alternatively I'm working with the Community Team, and the other departments at Larian, to develop the community (you).
This means working on ideas, plans, projects, to grow the community and consolidate the strategy behind Community Development.
As I just started this week, I will need time to acclimatise to the project, but you will definitely hear more about the Community team and our programs in the future smile

- And what are your communication plans ?
- Will you make a bigger introduction/announcement in the Baldur's Gate III > Latest News subforum ?
- Will you hold a formal Q&A at some point(s) ?
- Will you mainly lurk-and-post casually around here ?
- Communication plans: Patience young one, it will all come with time. As soon as we can, we'll share more details about BG3's development.
- No, Salo & I have presented ourselves on Discord & the forums. Now, let's work!
- It's in the Ideas basket, give us time to develop our plans and we will get there at some point.
- One of the Community Team's tasks is to collect your feedback, sentiment, bug reports, suggestions, ... to the development team. So you will see us hanging out with the community, as often as we can! laugh

Is there anything that we players could do to make feedback more useful, or easier to process ?
A clear thread's name
Keep it short & concise
Illustrated thoughts whenever possible
Examples if it's a bug report, as many details as possible
Keep it mind that there are lots of comments to read so the more digestable: the better! Thanks for your time and feedback!

Originally Posted by lolwut77
Greetings!
Hai!

Originally Posted by Zellin
Talk to us. At this point I'm holding back some suggestions just because I'm not sure if the team needs/wants suggestions on solutions to known problems.
That's... why I'm here . gif
We're always open to suggestions & feedback: post them in the appropriate forums and we will read them.
Even if we don't comment every threads, we will get our eyes peeled for new threads & comments.
Thanks a lot for taking the time to share your thoughts with us smile
Herzlich willkommen! cool
Thank you for your reply thankyou

Ffinaly gonna deal with illustrations and post.
Thanks for the answers, Nicou.

Originally Posted by Nicou
*Put on sunglasses*
Saving these lands from evil. And for that, we will need a lot of dwarves. You in?

I'm more of a Half-Elf myself. Otherwise, happily.
Welcome! Thanks for the above answers. I have 2 questions I was hoping you could answer:

1.) Related to @Drath Malorn's question on communication plans/ formal Q&A, are there plans to follow-up on this post?
Originally Posted by Jess Larian on May 12, 2021 (hotfix #11)
We will be back soon with a larger community update, that goes into some detail about how we process & parse feedback and data we get through talking with you, and the telemetry we have in the game. ‘Til then, sit tight!
We've never gotten such an update, which was fairly disappointing. (Even if your answer is "Patience, young one," I thought it'd still be good to put my support for this in the idea basket)

2.) Can you tell of us any popular-feedback mechanics that are 100% absolutely not going to be added to or changed in BG3, so that we know that additional feedback on said topic is useless? It'd be nice to hear the status of other topics in the BG3 Megathread section, at least, in addition to your comment on the current Reaction system efforts...
1) What would you be most interested in hearing about? No promise, but I'll keep that in mind!

2) That is unfortunately not something we can talk about at the moment, but rest assured: we are reading players feedback and nothing is useless smile
1.) Hmmm...I mean, everything? Haha. Very roughly ordered by my curiosity and/or how much I think it'd help guide future feedback:

In general, what is the process of using collected feedback and turning that into game decisions?
- What criteria are used to choose a feedback topic to investigate - frequency of feedback, compatibility with [Swen/Dev] vision, ease of implementation, etc?
- Does Larian pay more attention to broad feedback feelings (e.g., unhappy with system X) or specific suggestions (X should be replaced by Y because [reasons])?
- How does Larian deal with highly polarizing feedback - many people say they hate X and want it replaced by Y, but many other people say the opposite.
- Who makes these decisions?
- Are suggested feedback mechanisms mostly tested (even at a very basic level) before a final decision is made? Or is it common that feedback suggestions are rejected without testing, for whatever reason?

What types of telemetry are collected and how exactly they're used.
- Is telemetry is combined with feedback, or are they analyzed separately for the most part?
- How do Devs go from noticing X in telemetry to deciding how X (or other, related systems) need to be changed?

2.) Gotcha. That's understandable. Thanks anyway!
Welcome on the forum Nicou smile Good to know your team is up and running. Good lucke out there!
© Larian Studios forums