Larian Studios
Posted By: Topper Your BG3 inspired Christmas tipple is??? - 24/12/20 05:45 PM
Mine is The Big Ethel. In homage to Auntie Ethel - Brandy for the rotten apples in her various pile, champagne for the refreshed well water post victory, Whisky (Irish) because... Tonic to balance and very loosly simulate the various poitions/tonics in her lab. And yours?
Posted By: vometia Re: Your BG3 inspired Christmas tipple is??? - 24/12/20 06:02 PM
To be annoyingly pedantic, Irish whiskey has an "e". :p Still not sure whether Yellow Spot (Irish) or Laphroaig (Scotch) is my favourite.

I'm going to boring and stick with Bailey's as my classic Christmas drink; the BG3 element can be arguing with myself about whether it should be turn-based or real-time with pause. biggrin
Posted By: Topper Re: Your BG3 inspired Christmas tipple is??? - 24/12/20 06:50 PM
Ah. Being from the currently frozen north, I should have known that. Prefer a Speyside myself smile Hahyeah, I'd say Baileys was more RTwP. Brandy or Whisky would be turn based. Step one - sniff, step two - quaff.
Battle Githyanki-- layered Midori and grenadine

Undead Baldurian -- similar to Kir, I would think. A fine red with a splash of creme de cassis. Must be served in a fine holiday wine glass, or goblet.

Mystery Brew -- some mix of blue Curacao mixed with grenadine to get a purple color with...um probably gin and tonic I think for Gale. Possibly a dry champagne, given the sweet additions. Would do really well with edible glitter.

Druid's punch -- pomegranate juice with orange slices, creme de cassis, white rum, soda/champagne (I use this if I don't add rum). Garnish with sugared rosemary and cranberries. Personal favorite of mine. My friends think I'm not too far off from a druid IRL so I went with a mix I've made many times.

I was inspired by my party members. Lae'Zel gets one that's a fancy shot. Strikes me as someone who drinks to get the job done. However her blend is mostly due to color. Astarion would stick with fancy wine. I also wouldn't put him past a Brandy cocktail. I can't remember Gale's preferences so that one is more magic inspired. Then my friends think I'm not too far off from a druid IRL so I went with a mix I've made many times.

Cheers and enjoy the holidays!
Posted By: Topper Re: Your BG3 inspired Christmas tipple is??? - 07/09/22 03:13 PM
Originally Posted by Moriaena
Battle Githyanki-- layered Midori and grenadine

Undead Baldurian -- similar to Kir, I would think. A fine red with a splash of creme de cassis. Must be served in a fine holiday wine glass, or goblet.

Mystery Brew -- some mix of blue Curacao mixed with grenadine to get a purple color with...um probably gin and tonic I think for Gale. Possibly a dry champagne, given the sweet additions. Would do really well with edible glitter.

Druid's punch -- pomegranate juice with orange slices, creme de cassis, white rum, soda/champagne (I use this if I don't add rum). Garnish with sugared rosemary and cranberries. Personal favorite of mine. My friends think I'm not too far off from a druid IRL so I went with a mix I've made many times.

I was inspired by my party members. Lae'Zel gets one that's a fancy shot. Strikes me as someone who drinks to get the job done. However her blend is mostly due to color. Astarion would stick with fancy wine. I also wouldn't put him past a Brandy cocktail. I can't remember Gale's preferences so that one is more magic inspired. Then my friends think I'm not too far off from a druid IRL so I went with a mix I've made many times.

Cheers and enjoy the holidays!

I'd forgotten about this thread laugh The druids punch sounds very tasty.....Might have to give that a go.
© Larian Studios forums