Larian Studios
Posted By: NeroJB Anyone Interested in Story Time? - 29/01/10 06:01 PM
Ok all, so we used to regularly (well maybe sort of regularly) write joint stories here on the Chat boards and it was always a lot of fun, in fact, once or twice I may have skipped class to participate more than was entirely necessary...then Kiya yelled at me. grin

So anyway I am thinking it may be time to start another, I know the chat boards have been slow but with all the new D2 traffic I am sure there are a few creative people out there.

If you are trying to decipher what I am talking about, I have links!

This is from the last major story that was done: Define Infinity

Info Thread - I
Info Thread - II
Info Thread - III
Index - I
Index - II
Character Profiles

The Story

Anyways, drop a note if you are interested.
I miss that =/
Posted By: isorun Re: Anyone Interested in Story Time? - 06/02/10 04:36 PM
If we can gather enough people, this will no doubt be very fun.
I fear however that the board activity has dropped too much.

So, um, any ideas for the main story?
Posted By: NeroJB Re: Anyone Interested in Story Time? - 11/02/10 07:50 PM
I was thinking of a world where each character can shape shift into the creature of their choice...maybe eliminate (or severely reduce) magic.

But that was just a random idea
Posted By: isorun Re: Anyone Interested in Story Time? - 12/02/10 05:26 PM
Oh, I've read some books about a bunch of kids who were able to do that when I was little.
After they touched an animal, they were able to shapeshift into it. They could only stay in the shapeshifted form for a while though, otherwise they would not be able to change back(they can still think like humans, but are stuck in the body of the creature they shapeshifted in).

Would the shapeshifting be something that has to be learned or a skill that is automatically gained at birth/ a certain age?

If people are able to shapeshift, I think it would be believable they also have some basic form of communing with nature, but no control over elements, creation of illusions or whatsoever.
Posted By: NeroJB Re: Anyone Interested in Story Time? - 12/02/10 05:44 PM
I am thinking we all start out as apprentices of some sort belonging to a secret order. They train in shape shifting (though it can only be taught to people with the aptitude)
Posted By: AlrikFassbauer Re: Anyone Interested in Story Time? - 14/02/10 09:10 PM
Shapeshifting ? Hm, sounds somewhat funny to me. wink

Just imagine what ... "problems" or "mistakes" could arise from this ... wink
Posted By: Jurak Re: Anyone Interested in Story Time? - 01/05/10 04:34 PM
yes!! no doubt.... like turning Chimera's into Rat's and vice-versa! hahaha
Posted By: Jurak Re: Anyone Interested in Story Time? - 28/06/11 04:43 PM
Originally Posted by LewsTherinKinslayer13
I miss that =/

i miss that too....
© Larian Studios forums