Larian Studios
Posted By: VillageIdiot Sleep( 0x80 ) more. - 25/05/15 03:07 AM
Hey, I missed something. Like the general suggestions forum. Could we move this thread there please (unless there's a D:OS suggestions forum)? crazy

Code
while( bInRenderLoop )
{

if( GetForegroundWindow() != hMainWindow &&
          bSinglePlayer )
     {
          Sleep( 0x80 );
     }
     else
     {
          SceneGraph->Draw();
          SceneGraph->Tick( delta );
     }
}

10% CPU on a i5-3570 (@3.0ghz, "turbo" disabled) tabbed out. frown

Though I very well could be missing something here.
Posted By: Raze Re: Sleep( 0x80 ) more. - 25/05/15 03:22 AM

UBBCode is disabled on new accounts, to discourage spam (no clickable links). It'll work now, though.

Running the game in Win 9x compatibility mode will restrict it to a single core. I don't know if that will help with the CPU usage when minimized.
Posted By: VillageIdiot Re: Sleep( 0x80 ) more. - 25/05/15 03:53 AM
Originally Posted by Raze

UBBCode is disabled on new accounts, to discourage spam (no clickable links). It'll work now, though.

Thanks. smile

Originally Posted by Raze
Running the game in Win 9x compatibility mode will restrict it to a single core. I don't know if that will help with the CPU usage when minimized.

One of the threads seem to hover around 7% or 8%. I think most of the time is used in a main thread.

I know the input is handled in the render loop - tried the game on my onboard while zip-tie'ing a new fan to my graphics card. It lagged so hard (~3 seconds/frame) I had to hold down clicks until the frame advanced just to have it register mouse up and down. X-)
© Larian Studios forums