[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

You can see these in Full Resolution and more at EuroGamer

Previews
Eurogamer
GBase.ch
Krawall.de

PS.You'll have to use a Translator If you can't read German eg Google...
Thanks, they look great.
Ok.. now I finally found out what is the problem with this game. It's perfect and since it's that good other games compared to this one will be sh......allow.
smile
very strange item name:
[Linked Image]

(Legendery) Common Banditbracers of The Shark of the Watcher ?!?!!!

i hope this is just a bug...

and on this screen thers the same text on both sides of the book!
http://images.eurogamer.net/assets/articles//a/6/5/2/1/3/1/a24.jpg.jpg

omg, i found 2 freaking bugs in a handfull of screenshots...

what will be the full game like?
Wow.
Your classing too many things as bugs.
Do you go bug hunting or something?

Your trying to tell me the name sounds Odd so its a bug?
They're just being Wacky and creative laugh
I think, the item is random-generated, like most of the items in DD were. Therefore the strange name, a combination of some additional extentions. Nothing to worry about. laugh
I can't wait to get my (Epic) Cracked Claymore of the Bear of the Dragonslayer of the Legendary Dragon laugh! even if i have to reload a million times, I definitly will get it!
Some see this as a bug, others see it as a little humoristic touch to the game :p.
hehe you have a very optimistic way to see the world grin
Lol who did the translation of these bracers? laugh
Originally Posted by turi
very strange item name:

I have actually found very similar weird names of items in Blizzards D2.

Although only in the German version of the game, because the translation process rendered the assembled names (the names actually consist of several pieces, like a main name, a prefix and a suffix) so ... ridiculous like this name from the screenshot.
I've seen a few different screenies of the inventory. Is it me or does it look like the inventory is managed by single inventory slots rather than by weight?
Well, I must admit that the graphics look just plain bad in this screenshot:

[Linked Image]

Seriously, her face for a moment looked to me like an old psx videogame! But I say it's probably just a badly choosen screenshot....

Also, very crappy hairstyle on display here:

[Linked Image]

As if it wasn't enough, graphics just look very bad here (but speaking to a pig is awesome XD )....

[Linked Image]

Luckily, much more detail has been put in the dragon's model, which seems good:

[Linked Image]

(Apologies if I linked to the huge fullscreen version of the screenshots, but for some reason the links didn't work if they were the scaled down images......??)

I wanted to know, do these screenshots display the game at maxed out graphical settings???? Because they do look much worse than all the official screens I had seen before, so I am hoping this is the game as its "medium" quality detail.....

....Mind you, I definitely won't change my mind about buying Divinity 2 even if it turns out THESE graphics are the best you can make the game look like, but I wish to know if I can expected better than this or not....
Actually, still images look bad compared to a game where everything is moving.
These are all zoomed-in pictures and ofcourse the textures look bad.
Pictures look nice, but why is it that in almost every new game there is tons and tons of blur?
Still Images always seem to look bad as you pay attention to things you normally wouldn't If it was in motion.
Also the images are probably stretched beyond there native resolution.
I think its blurred so you keep your eye on the main event thats going on.
It makes the main event on-screen stand out.
It's interesting for me that the HUD seems to have changed from other recent videos and screenshots. The radar/map is moved out to the edge and the bottom HUD is flattened along the bottom (instead of two groups shaped like a diamond to the right and left of centre). Good decision!
Originally Posted by Lun-Sei Sleidee

One of the good things about Divinity 2, is that it ain't boasting a state of the art graphical engine. Why is this so good?

1) You don't need a 2000€ rig you bought in the last year to play it
2) More focus to gameplay, leveldesign, story etc... rather than fancy graphics.

DD & BD were far from technical masterpieces even in their day, gameplay and good artwork wins over technical excellence in my book each time.
Am I the only one worried about difficulty balencing?
WRONG: DD was a masterpiece graphically....
I like most of all the ability to talk to a pig ! smile wink
Originally Posted by DivineGamer
Am I the only one worried about difficulty balencing?

Why are you worried now? The game is not even released yet. The most recent previews are from a version of June and the English version is scheduled for September.
True.
The issues could be still there though.
Hope they solve the issue.
Originally Posted by Draghermosran

One of the good things about Divinity 2, is that it ain't boasting a state of the art graphical engine. Why is this so good?

1) You don't need a 2000€ rig you bought in the last year to play it
2) More focus to gameplay, leveldesign, story etc... rather than fancy graphics.

DD & BD were far from technical masterpieces even in their day, gameplay and good artwork wins over technical excellence in my book each time.

Well, but the problem is that apparently this game will require a dual core and a 8800 GT to run at its best. For those reccomended settings, I expect it to look better than how those screenshots seem to show. So either its suggested system requirements will be actually lower, or the graphics will be actually better than those random website's images. That's the point.

But lemme say, if the game's graphics at their best were as depicted in a couple of those screens (for example the one with the "talking" pig), and yet the game would lag if I put it at max settings...... I'd feel kind of scorned. :P

You do know its only the Oblivion Engine can't remember its proper name.
The one that Fallout 3 and Oblivion used.

Its not all about graphics!
Its about gameplay!
Gamebryo
Yeah thats it.
Like I said Gameplay over Graphics.
Can't wait till September to play the game.
September, september...
Let's make a wormhole and do some time distortion.

OT... When the gameplay is good, story interesting, then the last thing that bothers me is graphics.
After all, old RPG classics are still played which only proves that "gameplay" is first, graphics are secondary.
Exactly.
People are such graphic whores nowadays.
Gameplay is really what makes it a good game.

Oh, if the game doesn't cost 60 euros, then I'm fine with it having old-looking graphics. But if the game is around 60 euros, I want it to look modern, not like a game which is already old.

Besides, I want good story AND good graphics from a videogame, thanks. :P
Oh, I do still play the old games, sometimes I get carried away and end up playing more old games like Icewind Dale than the new ones. But I'm perfectly fine with how they look precisely because they are old games. However, if a newly released game is to look the same as those old glories, well, it does rise some doubts on my part.

If gameplay really is the only thing that matters, we'd all be still playing with the C64 and the Amiga.

All this being said, my main gripe so far is with the system requirements: 8800 Gt and dual core for THAT doesn't seem logical. If the reccomended system requirements will turn out to be lower than those, however, I will be fine. Or, if the graphics will be better. One of the two.

The game does look modern.
I think everyone will agree with me on that.

Its not there fault the game doesn't look as good as you expected.
They started development a few years ago on the Gamebryo engine.
Over the course of those years theres new engines and improved engines but its too late.
Also how do we know those screens are not a mixture of previous code and final code screenshots?

I never said gameplay only matters I said I would take gameplay over graphics.
Although graphics do sell units.

The game will looks better in motion anyway.
Graphics do look good to me.
I don't think the graphics are bad, but they aren't wonderful either. And no matter what people say, good graphics do enhance the experience of playing the game. A games does not *need* good graphics to be a success, but it certainly has better chances with them. So it's perfectly fine to hope for the best looking stuff.

That said, I believe what we see in screenshots is what it will be in the actual game, probably at the highest settings as well. I don't see a reason for them to release screenshots with outdated graphics so close to the release. I'm fine with how it is though, it certainly doesn't hurt my eyes and I'd say some parts of it look incredible. My main complaint is that it doesn't seem very consistent, meaning that some things definitely don't look as good as others.
To me, the graphics are great ! smile

But that's just because I'm not used to the luxury of always having great graphics in games ... I rather play older games with not-so-good graphics, which lowers my expectations ...

Therefore I'm not a "Graphics Whore" ... wink
I can safely say that at least for me, the graphical engine is not the fundamental part of a game.

Yes, it does need to look good, but what is more important is the art that originated the game in the first place. The attention to detail is fundamental and with the same graphic engine you can have both a fabulous looking game and a mediocre one depending on who made the sets originaly.

The D2 graphic engine is a little outdated but the screenshot still look great. Why? because there is a lot of attention to detail and the original art-work from the artists are realy awesome.

Another example is the world of warcraft graphic engine. Even though its aged for 5-6 years already, and honestly it looks realy bad compared to all the games currently, the game still has millions of players all over the world.

In sum:

Art+gameplay+story > Graphic engine

Originally Posted by Adomingues

Another example is the world of warcraft graphic engine. Even though its aged for 5-6 years already, and honestly it looks realy bad compared to all the games currently, the game still has millions of players all over the world.

I see your point about quality of the visual style over the sheer quality of the graphics, but I think you just totally ruined it when you mentioned World of Warcraft just after.

Because, you know.

World of Warcraft is, to me, the videogaming equivalent of the old saying: "eat s**t, millions of flies can't possibly be wrong!" :P

Originally Posted by Adomingues

I see your point about quality of the visual style over the sheer quality of the graphics, but I think you just totally ruined it when you mentioned World of Warcraft just after.

Because, you know.

World of Warcraft is, to me, the videogaming equivalent of the old saying: "eat s**t, millions of flies can't possibly be wrong!" :P

Lolol, you are right, i'm sorry.

That a frankly bad example to give! From the little time i've spent on this forums i already "felt" that that game is somewhat of a tabu here eheh, and i completely understand why. Sometimes i feel ashamed. laugh But i'm already healed!
Warcraft and D" are an interesting example of something else :

Of an never-stopping wheel.

There are players of these games telling other games how great these games are ... classics, maybe even ... a new generation grows ... they get told how great these games are ... New generations of gamers grow ... the wheel never stops ...

Perhaps these games will be seen as "classics" one day in the future, and everyone will have forgotten Ultima ... (Except the older generations, of course ...)

Originally Posted by AlrikFassbauer
Warcraft and D" are an interesting example of something else :

Of an never-stopping wheel.

There are players of these games telling other games how great these games are ... classics, maybe even ... a new generation grows ... they get told how great these games are ... New generations of gamers grow ... the wheel never stops ...

Perhaps these games will be seen as "classics" one day in the future, and everyone will have forgotten Ultima ... (Except the older generations, of course ...)

I would say that in a way they deserve to become classics. And I'd also say that indeed Ultima will be forgotten, which is sad. To be remembered you need people talking about you, and for now there are more people talking about WoW and D2 than Ultima. The reason for that is their accessibility, anyone can jump into these games and understand them. Ultima, as awesome as it was, was far from accessible.
Yes, and that's why they're dominating the memory : Everyone can jump into them ...
I don't really get all the WoW-hate.. You guys should really try it before you knock it. When it came out, I knocked it too, but after trying it, it cost me a year of my life. It's really quite a great game. Whether you like it or not mostly depends if you can live with assholes on your server and just focus on the nice people.
Originally Posted by swordscythe
Whether you like it or not mostly depends if you can live with assholes on your server and just focus on the nice people.

Yep, very true. Some MMO's suck all on their own, but the 'leet' assholes can make even good games not fun.
Originally Posted by swordscythe
I don't really get all the WoW-hate.. You guys should really try it before you knock it. When it came out, I knocked it too, but after trying it, it cost me a year of my life. It's really quite a great game. Whether you like it or not mostly depends if you can live with assholes on your server and just focus on the nice people.

Yet, tried it. Didn't like it a little bit.
Like almost evey mmorpg game, it is NOT a real videogame. It's like a fancylooking 3d chatline. People play mmorpgs to chat and befriend and hang out. Me, I play videogames to PLAY VIDEOGAMES. I feel awkward befriending people whose real face I can't even see, and if I want to hang out with people, I step outside and go to a bar or call out some friend for a walk.
I surely don't rely on threedimensional chatlines which are passed out for "videogames".

In a way, wow might be good, but it looks too "cartoonish" for my personal taste.

But what I don't like even more, is dominance - and wow is dominating quite a lot of the PC gaming market.
© Larian Studios forums