Larian Studios
Posted By: Red Avatar First Impressions (German version) - 28/07/09 09:10 PM
(I was going to add this to the "20 hour" topic but thought it deserved its own topic)

I've been playing for some 5 hours which I'd consider a "first impressions" (ironic since many FPS these days only last that long hahaha ) so here's a list of the good & bad aspects:

THE "FEELING" OF THE GAME

When I first started the game, I felt that there was something wrong. It took a little while to realise that this was due to a lot of animations feeling jerky: the water, smoke, etc. all felt like more than half its frames were missing. Larian already said they would add a slider to increase the speed for these animation though so hopefully it will get fixed soon. It's a bad first impression since you immediately run into a large stream where it's very obvious.

The controls are very fluent and the engine is very smooth. Your character is very responsive and while the jumping is a bit odd (especially when you try to jump on top of certain items), it's still good enough for me.

The shadows and LOD need some work though - shadows appear when you approach a tree which seems pretty jarring. The same goes with 3D models which get "dumbed down" (i.e. a low-poly version is used to decrease stress on your system) far too quickly. A statue, for example, went from looking good to very poor in just 50 feet.

Also, the grass looks very very odd in places. As if someone glued grass mustaches all over the place. This is caused by using strips of grass as sprites instead of actually make the grass 3D. Nitpicking it may be, but it spoils the otherwise great looking forests.

THE COMBAT
I love being a hunter in most games so I went for the bow. You can't manually aim though - you got to wait for the game to put a pointer above an enemy before you can even hope to hit them. This I find a bit disappointing since you can't "lock on" to an enemy. If another enemy moves closer, you'll automatically target him which can become frustrating. Having said that, the combat is pretty fun and if you're creative, you can outsmart your opponents which is always good!

So far, combat is not that hard if you play it smart: don't run ahead but draw them towards you.

THE MUSIC, SOUND & SPEECH
The atmosphere of the game is great and while the music is nowhere near the brilliance of that of Divine Divinity, it's more than good enough. While DD's music really added to the game, D2's music really accompanies it. Two different styles but both work.

The sound is good although I get the impression that the ambient noise is of higher quality than a lot of the "action" sounds which sometimes sound muted. I believe this is due to the use of stock sounds while speech and music is, of course, specifically made for the game (the pig sound I recognise of other games and I'm sure there's many others).

The speech is very good although this is no guarantee for the English version of the game! But unlike Oblivion, where every character you meet sounds like it's all the same person doing different voices, this really sounds like every character was voiced by a different person.

THE INTERFACE & CONTROLS
The interface is actually very very simple. It's fun to use and despite my limited knowledge of German, the quality of the interface means I can still quickly navigate it AND know what every icon means thanks to mini-clips that show what each skill does. This really is a nice touch.

You don't need many keys to play this game either. Some may find this to be a bad thing since it means not that many options but it's not that bad. I do miss the 'right click' system from DD though. Now I have to press "1" or "2" to use a skill which means moving my hands off the movement keys which is not ideal. They should have let you cycle the skills using the mouse wheel with the right or middle button using the selected skill. In the heat of combat, this would have worked better.

ITEMS, GOODIES, LOOT
For me, this is always important. I don't want an RPG where you always pick up the same 5 items. Like in DD, you can pick up tons of different stuff: plants, fruit, gold, gems, weapons, meat, pieces of armour, jewelry, books, spells, etc. The game is not stingy either and with my bow I can easily shoot all crates and barrels from a distance to uncover any nice stuff.

Also important to note: loot is RANDOM. Yes, even in chests and barrels. Not always of course but standard barrels and chests may contain gold first but on a reload, you can suddenly find gems or armour in there! It's a nice tough since it means you never know what you'll get!

THE LOCATIONS
This is hard for me to say because I just started out but so far, the game feels a bit too ... cramped. I'm always surrounded by virtual walls - mountains, cliffs, hedges, walls, etc. DD had a large open world to explore but so far, this is a lot more than the first Gothic which suffered from the same problem. I hope I'll get access to a more open world later (in fact, if anyone knows, let me know!)

Having said that, the locations do look good so far.

You can use shrines to travel between points and no, you don't need a scroll this time to use them although I did find a teleporter that asked for a password so I dunno what's up with that yet. But it's good you can use these shrines from the start.

-----------------

So there you have it. I hope this is of some use to you and I made sure not to spoil anything concerning the actual game smile.
Posted By: DivineGamer Re: First Impressions (German version) - 28/07/09 09:59 PM
Brief but nice first impressions.
I'm happy that the loot is random, so I'll be always intriged to know what I'll get.
Hopefully more locations are unlocked,so you don't get as many invisible walls.
I've never played previous Divinity games but hopefully I'll like the music in Divinity 2.
Posted By: Raze Re: First Impressions (German version) - 28/07/09 10:53 PM

The DD and BD music is available on Kirill Pokrovsky's website. Alternately, with the games installed, you can extract the music from DD, or copy the individual ogg files from the BD music folder.
Posted By: v1ctor Re: First Impressions (German version) - 29/07/09 10:32 AM
thx for sharing your impressions. Did you manage to get AA working? if it weren't for this, I would have bought it by now.
Posted By: Red Avatar Re: First Impressions (German version) - 29/07/09 03:42 PM
Nope but I don't mind really. I run the game at resolution of 1680x1050 and that makes the pixels small enough not to be a bother. I'd prefer the smoothness of the game over the smoothness of the pixels anyway wink.
Posted By: Arkray Re: First Impressions (German version) - 29/07/09 04:19 PM
Originally Posted by Red Avatar
Nope but I don't mind really. I run the game at resolution of 1680x1050 and that makes the pixels small enough not to be a bother. I'd prefer the smoothness of the game over the smoothness of the pixels anyway wink.

The resolution does not define the size of the pixels wink That is called 'dot pitch' and if your screen is 22", the usual size for that resolution, your pitch is 0.28mm. What you have is moooooore pixels in the screen that dissimulate better the edges wave
Posted By: Red Avatar Re: First Impressions (German version) - 29/07/09 04:27 PM
Well with a large screen you don't have to sit so close so the pixels are smaller :p that's what I meant. On my laptop, I end up sitting a lot closer.
Posted By: Arkray Re: First Impressions (German version) - 29/07/09 04:29 PM
Ah, LOL! Sorry silly
I plan to play it in 1024x768 or how it was.
Posted By: Sly Re: First Impressions (German version) - 29/07/09 07:16 PM
AA really isnt needed with a decent monitor.. I havent used that setting in a long time ( not worth the loss in performance for such little improvement ). But I cant live without AF though smile.
Posted By: v1ctor Re: First Impressions (German version) - 29/07/09 09:01 PM
I'm playing in 1920x1200 and still consider it an important option and don't understand why it was left out in a game like this.
Posted By: RoyalTS Re: First Impressions (German version) - 29/07/09 09:35 PM
I think they released the Game in Alpha version because they need more Budged to reproduce EVERYTHING for the Xbox360 and PS3 version..
i really hope they manage and fix this Big bunge of Bug..

All objects are totally crap and the movement of Water , Animals and NPC is slipping and stuttering!

And @I Dont Need anything Guys its 2009 and not 1999
Someone will pay 50$ for those crap dont forget it ! smile

BTW AA is enabled when you set the AA ingame in options without restarting
Posted By: Red Avatar Re: First Impressions (German version) - 29/07/09 09:37 PM
The stuttering is annoying but not that bad. From what they said, this is simply a setting. It resembles what happened in Oblivion if you moved away from people - animations were cut to reduce stress. There's a good chance it's simply a setting that can make it smoother.
Posted By: DivineGamer Re: First Impressions (German version) - 30/07/09 08:04 AM
Originally Posted by RoyalTS
I think they released the Game in Alpha version because they need more Budged to reproduce EVERYTHING for the Xbox360 and PS3 version..
i really hope they manage and fix this Big bunge of Bug..

All objects are totally crap and the movement of Water , Animals and NPC is slipping and stuttering!

And @I Dont Need anything Guys its 2009 and not 1999
Someone will pay 50$ for those crap dont forget it ! smile

Wow chill.
You make the game sound so bad.
I'm sure its not that bad.

Anyway theres no PS3 Version!
Its strictly PC & 360.
Posted By: Red Avatar Re: First Impressions (German version) - 30/07/09 08:41 AM
No it's far from. RoyalTS just seems to have his ultra black shades on and, frankly, if he finds the mild graphical flaws to be "totally crap" and "big bunge of bug", I think he needs to set his priorities straight what a game is about. The game itself is great and so far I haven't encountered ANY bug except for the mild graphical ones (which are not even bugs - they're an engine setting).
Posted By: swordscythe Re: First Impressions (German version) - 30/07/09 10:34 AM
Anyone remember what The Witcher was like when it first came out? talk about stuttering.
Originally Posted by v1ctor
I'm playing in 1920x1200 and still consider it an important option and don't understand why it was left out in a game like this.

I'm planning to play in 1024x768 and I still consider it an important option.

Posted By: Cylon Re: First Impressions (German version) - 30/07/09 10:05 PM
Hi there. Thanks for your impressions!

Do you know if you can change your skills in the game (emm, it is called respec I think?)? I read that there is a lot of skills for different "classes" so it would be nice if you could change your skills for a fee.

I read that you can even change your character looks and even change sex, so I hope the same is with the skills.

Cheers.

Posted By: Red Avatar Re: First Impressions (German version) - 31/07/09 09:46 AM
No, skills can't be changed as far as I know. I'm not surprised by that - you could get yourself level 5 lockpicking and open all locks you can find and then trade the skill back in.
Posted By: Greever Re: First Impressions (German version) - 31/07/09 10:47 AM
Originally Posted by Cylon

Do you know if you can change your skills in the game (emm, it is called respec I think?)? I read that there is a lot of skills for different "classes" so it would be nice if you could change your skills for a fee.

I read that you can even change your character looks and even change sex, so I hope the same is with the skills.

Cheers.

Can't promise anything, but we are definately looking into this and already experimenting with some ways to add this hopefully in an uncoming patch.
Posted By: Red Avatar Re: First Impressions (German version) - 31/07/09 01:29 PM
Originally Posted by Greever

Can't promise anything, but we are definately looking into this and already experimenting with some ways to add this hopefully in an uncoming patch.

You'd probably add some sort of penalty for the exchange then? To off-set potential abuse? Like paying XP or gold?

By the way, while you're looking into changes, how about adding a recall skill? (to a town or tower) I've found several ways to get stuck in the scenery and you could give it a cool down period and make it take a while to cast to avoid abuse but it would avoid people getting stuck and being forced to reload their game.

Another thing: the mouse wheel is being unused at the moment which is a bit of a shame. Usually it controls the camera but it doesn't here so you could use it to let the user shift between weapon set-ups? For example, move from ranged weapon to sword? It would be very cool to be able to use the mouse wheel to do this.
Posted By: Greever Re: First Impressions (German version) - 31/07/09 02:00 PM

Another thing: the mouse wheel is being unused at the moment which is a bit of a shame. Usually it controls the camera but it doesn't here so you could use it to let the user shift between weapon set-ups? For example, move from ranged weapon to sword? It would be very cool to be able to use the mouse wheel to do this.

As far as I know you can already sort of do this.
In your control mapping screen you can map 'Select Weaponset 1' to mousewheel up and 'Select Weaponset 2' to mousewheel down.

If you put a ranged weapon in your first weaponset and your melee weapon(s) in your second weaponset, then you can quickly switch between them.

I realize it's not exactly cycling through your weaponsets but should be close enough for most purposes.
Posted By: Red Avatar Re: First Impressions (German version) - 31/07/09 02:10 PM
You'd lose your third slot though :p. But yeah, that could work.
Posted By: madpaddy Re: First Impressions (German version) - 01/08/09 12:33 PM
Ive been playing this for around 20+ hrs,very average start to the game at i was not too impressed at first,BUT when you get the tower and dragon powers the game really starts to get going.Some of the features seem a little last minute or not finished,like the dancing girl and the bard,you click them once and never bother again,mybe a feature that lets you sit on your throne atleast would give this a meaning.

Im sure there are things i could say would improve the game but im a bit pushed for time atm,but one feature i think stands out that needs fixing is there is no way to heal your necro pet,not the spell summoned minions,but the pet you make from spare bits,there needs to be a spell or potion or some way to heal it,having to let it die then wait for the countdown timer then cast it again isnt very good imho,i will add to this as things i can think of come to mind,one other thing that comes to mind you can leave markers on the map but they dont show in the minimap so there a waist of time really.Overall a good game slow start may put some off but stay with it and it improves 100%.
Posted By: madpaddy Re: First Impressions (German version) - 01/08/09 12:37 PM

As far as I know you can already sort of do this.
In your control mapping screen you can map 'Select Weaponset 1' to mousewheel up and 'Select Weaponset 2' to mousewheel down.

If you put a ranged weapon in your first weaponset and your melee weapon(s) in your second weaponset, then you can quickly switch between them.

I realize it's not exactly cycling through your weaponsets but should be close enough for most purposes.

I have noticed a strange bug if you select the mouse wheel in the opions for say a spell in quick slot 1 etc,some spells make the menu keep popping up that askes what you want to put in that slot,every time you wheel down or up to cast the spell that silly menu pops up and you have to choose what spell/item you want for that slot.
Posted By: Cylon Re: First Impressions (German version) - 01/08/09 01:07 PM

Thanks for your reply. That is awesome to know. I really hope you will add this in the game.

Another question. I read that (depends how someone plays) the game might take 40-60 hours to complete. But does anyone know how big is the game world? Is there any screen which shows the whole in-game world?

Cheers.
Posted By: Goldmarie Re: First Impressions (German version) - 02/08/09 10:54 AM
Originally Posted by Cylon

Cheers.

Hello from Germany everybody.

Being able to "respec" skillpoints would definately add to the gameplay. So would an inscribable map. smile
In :BD: this was possible.
Posted By: Red Avatar Re: First Impressions (German version) - 02/08/09 06:17 PM
Mini review (I've played enough of the game to be able to make one):

I'm a fan of all types of RPGs and tend to prefer the games that either go full hardcore (Fallout, Baldur's Gate, etc.) or try to make an RPG version of Tomb Raider (Gothic). Divinity 2 is clearly part of the latter and it even hits the mark better than Gothic ever did. Why? Read on.

When you start the game, you may be put off by any number of things. Combat feels a bit basic (you just use the first mouse button to shoot your bow or swing your sword), the animation feels a bit odd, the location is pretty small and limited, etc. But this is just a kind of tutorial. You're only level 1 and weak and like with many RPGs, you only get the better skills later on.

But quickly, the game starts to pick up. The story is interesting from the start, there's tons of quests which bring the village to life (at least half the people you'll find have quests and there's loads of them), there's lots of locations to visit and they ... wowzers. They're gorgeous. The engine may not have the best textures all the time, but the designs of the locations are brilliant. The dragon tower, the ruins, the enormous statues, the temples, etc. It's more jaw dropping than anything I've seen in recent years.

You can pick up loads of stuff:
- weapons
- armour
- gems
- jewelry
- books
- spells
- recipes
- all kinds of good
- items you can turn in for gold (quest items really)
- potions
- plants
- ore
- another type of gems
- body parts
etc.

And all of these have their use. Plants can be used to make potions - recipes can be gotten through quests, loot or just bought. But you can also create enchanted armour, enchanted weapons, necro pets that help you in combat and you can even use gems to enhance your outfit on the move. You can really tailor your gear to your own wishes.

And skills: you can pick between priest, fighter, mage, hunter and dragonkiller ones. I personally combined the increased healing of a Fighter with the poisoned arrows of the hunter with the lock picking of the dragonkiller. You can even have 3 different weapon sets so you can switch from your bow to a sword in a split second. Poison an enemy with an arrow, draw him near, and then finish him off with a sword. Or if you want to be a mage, free him on the spot & use fire balls. Really, if you're smart, you can really find ways to make the game a hell of a lot easier.

The story is a very strong one too - I won't spoil it but later on, you'll get access to an enormous tower with your own staff. There, you can sent your staff on hunts for gems, plants, etc. (in case you run out). You can give them better weapons which lets them get the quicker too. You also get a big chest and you can teleport any item you pick up to your tower which is very nice since it's easy to get overloaded (I used the skills to get maximum carriage capacity).

Also, if you win a quest, you got a base reward and then extra rewards. For example, you get 1500XP and 1000 gold, and you can chose between
a) more gold
b) more experience
c) a weapon
d) a recipe
e) a gem
Some quests will let you choose several extra rewards too. It's a good system that gives you a choice over what you get.

Oh, and did I mention you get to turn into a dragon later on? As a dragon, you have armour too, and flying is really sweet. There's not a lot of depth to the combat there (I mean, you're a dragon - you spit fire) but being able to just change into a dragon and crossing large distance, only to land on top of a mountain is just awesome. It vastly cuts into traveling times.

So, it has a great story, tons of quests (that are very fun and interesting a lot of the time too), fun combat, great locations, etc. etc. So is there anything wrong with the game? Well, yes:

- there's a few small bugs. For example, if I reload, it sets my health to the maximum if I didn't wear all my enhancements. So say I got 300 health and 450 with armour & enchantments, then if I were to reload, I would have 300/450. Also, you can get stuck in a few rare places - depends on where you jump. It only happened to me 2 times so far but still, better to be warned Smile

- some quest rewards are random. This can be a plus and a minus. It means that if you save before getting your reward, you can reload until you get a reward you really like. This is both good & bad depending on your patience

- it takes at least 10 hours of playing before you get your tower. Because you can't drop or store items before you got your tower, it means dragging along TONS of items forcing you to increase your carriage capacity. They should have let you use another chest before.

- if you're starting to attack an enemy, they will detect if you're in a place they can't reach. After a set amount of time, they'll run off to their original point and they will regain their health. This is a typical MMO system to prevent you from exploiting the engine and it's understandable yet also means that some tactics will just not work

- there's no difficulty setting. This may annoy some - the game is the right amount of difficulty for me, but those that want an easy or harder experience may need to hope for mods.

- once you reach a certain stage in the game, all old locations are no longer reachable (due to part of the story). It means that you have to finish all quests before a certain point or you'll never be able to do them anymore.

As you can see, the negatives are not that important. Heck, they're still working on improving the game so you can bet they'll iron out some of the problems & bugs.

9/10
Posted By: DivineGamer Re: First Impressions (German version) - 02/08/09 06:30 PM
Once again nice.
Only skimmed but will read properly later.
Ordering staff to find things sounds right up my street wink
Posted By: grandia01 Re: First Impressions (German version) - 02/08/09 06:44 PM
Mini review (I've played enough of the game to be able to make one):

I'm a fan of all types of RPGs and tend to prefer the games that either go full hardcore (Fallout, Baldur's Gate, etc.) or try to make an RPG version of Tomb Raider (Gothic). Divinity 2 is clearly part of the latter and it even hits the mark better than Gothic ever did. Why? Read on.

When you start the game, you may be put off by any number of things. Combat feels a bit basic (you just use the first mouse button to shoot your bow or swing your sword), the animation feels a bit odd, the location is pretty small and limited, etc. But this is just a kind of tutorial. You're only level 1 and weak and like with many RPGs, you only get the better skills later on.

But quickly, the game starts to pick up. The story is interesting from the start, there's tons of quests which bring the village to life (at least half the people you'll find have quests and there's loads of them), there's lots of locations to visit and they ... wowzers. They're gorgeous. The engine may not have the best textures all the time, but the designs of the locations are brilliant. The dragon tower, the ruins, the enormous statues, the temples, etc. It's more jaw dropping than anything I've seen in recent years.

You can pick up loads of stuff:
- weapons
- armour
- gems
- jewelry
- books
- spells
- recipes
- all kinds of good
- items you can turn in for gold (quest items really)
- potions
- plants
- ore
- another type of gems
- body parts
etc.

And all of these have their use. Plants can be used to make potions - recipes can be gotten through quests, loot or just bought. But you can also create enchanted armour, enchanted weapons, necro pets that help you in combat and you can even use gems to enhance your outfit on the move. You can really tailor your gear to your own wishes.

And skills: you can pick between priest, fighter, mage, hunter and dragonkiller ones. I personally combined the increased healing of a Fighter with the poisoned arrows of the hunter with the lock picking of the dragonkiller. You can even have 3 different weapon sets so you can switch from your bow to a sword in a split second. Poison an enemy with an arrow, draw him near, and then finish him off with a sword. Or if you want to be a mage, free him on the spot & use fire balls. Really, if you're smart, you can really find ways to make the game a hell of a lot easier.

The story is a very strong one too - I won't spoil it but later on, you'll get access to an enormous tower with your own staff. There, you can sent your staff on hunts for gems, plants, etc. (in case you run out). You can give them better weapons which lets them get the quicker too. You also get a big chest and you can teleport any item you pick up to your tower which is very nice since it's easy to get overloaded (I used the skills to get maximum carriage capacity).

Also, if you win a quest, you got a base reward and then extra rewards. For example, you get 1500XP and 1000 gold, and you can chose between
a) more gold
b) more experience
c) a weapon
d) a recipe
e) a gem
Some quests will let you choose several extra rewards too. It's a good system that gives you a choice over what you get.

Oh, and did I mention you get to turn into a dragon later on? As a dragon, you have armour too, and flying is really sweet. There's not a lot of depth to the combat there (I mean, you're a dragon - you spit fire) but being able to just change into a dragon and crossing large distance, only to land on top of a mountain is just awesome. It vastly cuts into traveling times.

So, it has a great story, tons of quests (that are very fun and interesting a lot of the time too), fun combat, great locations, etc. etc. So is there anything wrong with the game? Well, yes:

- there's a few small bugs. For example, if I reload, it sets my health to the maximum if I didn't wear all my enhancements. So say I got 300 health and 450 with armour & enchantments, then if I were to reload, I would have 300/450. Also, you can get stuck in a few rare places - depends on where you jump. It only happened to me 2 times so far but still, better to be warned Smile

- some quest rewards are random. This can be a plus and a minus. It means that if you save before getting your reward, you can reload until you get a reward you really like. This is both good & bad depending on your patience

- it takes at least 10 hours of playing before you get your tower. Because you can't drop or store items before you got your tower, it means dragging along TONS of items forcing you to increase your carriage capacity. They should have let you use another chest before.

- if you're starting to attack an enemy, they will detect if you're in a place they can't reach. After a set amount of time, they'll run off to their original point and they will regain their health. This is a typical MMO system to prevent you from exploiting the engine and it's understandable yet also means that some tactics will just not work

- there's no difficulty setting. This may annoy some - the game is the right amount of difficulty for me, but those that want an easy or harder experience may need to hope for mods.

- once you reach a certain stage in the game, all old locations are no longer reachable (due to part of the story). It means that you have to finish all quests before a certain point or you'll never be able to do them anymore.

As you can see, the negatives are not that important. Heck, they're still working on improving the game so you can bet they'll iron out some of the problems & bugs.

9/10

thanks for this interesting review Red Avatar,but do you mind me asking you a weird question lol??which one is "creepier":Divine divinity or divinity 2:ego draconis??thanks for your time
Posted By: madpaddy Re: First Impressions (German version) - 02/08/09 08:38 PM
I wouldnt say either is very creepy,but due to the much improved graphics divinity 2 is probably creepier visually imho.
Posted By: g0ku Re: First Impressions (German version) - 02/08/09 09:21 PM
The game looks amazing, truly in the spirit of DD, but it can get better, like maybe a QUICKSAVE button and some MAP MARKERS for SIDEQUESTS (only mainquest markers are added)

Except that, the game is amazing, nice combat, funny dialogues, amazing story and cool stuff that you can only experience in DD games
Posted By: madpaddy Re: First Impressions (German version) - 02/08/09 10:10 PM
Originally Posted by g0ku
The game looks amazing, truly in the spirit of DD, but it can get better, like maybe a QUICKSAVE button and some MAP MARKERS for SIDEQUESTS (only mainquest markers are added)

Except that, the game is amazing, nice combat, funny dialogues, amazing story and cool stuff that you can only experience in DD games

There is a quick save option you just have to go into options control and set it to a key its off by default,you can set map markers aswell but this feature is partially broken because the marker doesnt show on the mimimap to point you in the right direction.
Posted By: grandia01 Re: First Impressions (German version) - 03/08/09 09:52 AM
Originally Posted by madpaddy
I wouldnt say either is very creepy,but due to the much improved graphics divinity 2 is probably creepier visually imho.

lol ok thanks again
Posted By: katar Re: First Impressions (German version) - 03/08/09 10:13 AM
sometimes i'm really proud to be belgian, it's all i have to say about DD2.
Posted By: g0ku Re: First Impressions (German version) - 03/08/09 11:09 AM
Originally Posted by madpaddy
Originally Posted by g0ku

There is a quick save option you just have to go into options control and set it to a key its off by default,you can set map markers aswell but this feature is partially broken because the marker doesnt show on the mimimap to point you in the right direction.

nono u dont understand, a quicksave is a save that u dont need to point to a savegame, u just press the button and the save is made automatically, without you having to open a menu and choose a save spot

and for the 2ndary quests, it would be cool if the game AUTOMATICALLY pointed to the spot you have to go

also for the minimap/big map it would be cool if NPCs that give/complete quests would show

a few more things that are missing is : fog-of-war on the map, so you know where u explored and maybe a button to skip movies/cutscenes (i for one had to sit through several repetead cutscenes / movies due to loading previous games)
Posted By: Virc Re: First Impressions (German version) - 03/08/09 11:28 AM
g0ku the patch added the quicksave function so if you own the game i see no reason why you would not patch
Posted By: madpaddy Re: First Impressions (German version) - 03/08/09 11:45 AM
Originally Posted by Virc
g0ku the patch added the quicksave function so if you own the game i see no reason why you would not patch

To g0ku
As he says and as i told you there is a quick save.
Posted By: g0ku Re: First Impressions (German version) - 05/08/09 10:50 AM
ty, i was playing without the patch, quicksave works perfect now

if only they bring SIDEQUESTs points on MAP and fog-of-war, it would be awesome laugh
Posted By: Examiner Re: First Impressions (German version) - 06/08/09 03:43 AM
Originally Posted by RoyalTS

Activating AA in the options menu, or forcing it in the control panel, and actually getting AA, are two different things. At least in Divinity 2 that is! Atm you can set AA to whatever you like, 2x, 4x, 8x, whatever, the game will still not give you any AA.

I play in 1680x1050 and the missing AA is one of the greatest faults I currently see in the game.
Posted By: RyuRanX Re: First Impressions (German version) - 07/08/09 11:02 PM
Anti-aliasing kinda works, but only on parts without HDR. I think the problem is on the lightning system. When you're on a shadowy area (or if you turn HDR off)the AA works for most objects, but the game gets very blurry (maybe due to AA) and every equipment and foliage looses it's reflection/shine, the game looks lifeless.

On HDR parts the game looks very sharp and pretty, but the AA doesn't work at all.
Posted By: Examiner Re: First Impressions (German version) - 08/08/09 01:15 AM
Well, "kinda works" and actually working in a way that is usable are again 2 totally different things. The game looks worse without HDR than it does without AA, which means AA isn't an option right now. AA after all is meant as a mean to IMPROVE visual quality, yet DECREASING visual quality seems to be the only way to get it kinda working ATM.
© Larian Studios forums