Larian Studios
Posted By: swordscythe How are sales going in Germany? - 29/07/09 12:20 AM
How's it going, guys? I don't know if you can give any accurate numbers yet, but I'm really interested in the sales of this game. I really hope it's going as planned or better, 'cause I know it'd assure a better future for RPG's if this game were to boom.

I think everyone here is crossing their fingers for this game, and for all you guys who put all that work in it.
Posted By: Red Avatar Re: How are sales going in Germany? - 29/07/09 07:19 AM
I'm hoping for good sales as well. It's a lot of fun so far and it deserves its sales. Also, this is a good time to release a game since there's not a lot of competition at this time of year.
Posted By: DivineGamer Re: How are sales going in Germany? - 29/07/09 08:53 AM
Yeah I also do hope the best for Larian in terms of sales.
Hopefully it will be recieved well by Internation consumers.

In terms of sales, Its currently ranked 7th place in the 100 in Amazons best seller games list.(It updates hourly so this may change)
So thats quite a positive sign!
http://www.amazon.de/gp/bestsellers/videogames
Posted By: katar Re: How are sales going in Germany? - 29/07/09 10:01 AM
i sincerely hope Divinity 2 comes through in terms of required sales.
Being belgian myself, i find it a sad case that games developing is pretty much inexistant here. Would be disappointing to see that Larian would quit as well.

I would have bought Divinity 2 myself by now if only there was an english version on the market already
Posted By: Xyks Re: How are sales going in Germany? - 29/07/09 12:27 PM
Well according to amazon Divinity is the second best selling pc game in germany right after sims3.
no info on the number of sales though...
hope its doing well, i would really like to see more game content, mybe an addon or something...
Posted By: Cyberblitzbirne Re: How are sales going in Germany? - 29/07/09 05:26 PM
According to the Media Control Germany charts, Divinity 2 entered right on the 3rd place: http://www.4players.de/4players.php/verkaufscharts/PC-CDROM/media_control.html

Great result! Congrats Larian! smile
Posted By: v1ctor Re: How are sales going in Germany? - 29/07/09 05:27 PM
I'm sure it will do alright if not great. PC-RPG's are very popular in german speaking countries and it got AA ratings from all major mags.

edit:
Originally Posted by Cyberblitzbirne
According to the Media Control Germany charts, Divinity 2 entered right on the 3rd place: http://www.4players.de/4players.php/verkaufscharts/PC-CDROM/media_control.html

Great result! Congrats Larian! smile

that's great news indeed smile
Posted By: DivineGamer Re: How are sales going in Germany? - 29/07/09 05:57 PM
Thats great news.
The Collectors Edition is 8th also.
Posted By: Red Avatar Re: How are sales going in Germany? - 29/07/09 06:17 PM
I honestly hope it will do very well smile I may even buy the English version as well if there's a download version with a low enough price tag.

By the way Larian: have you tried to contact Impulse/Stardock? They may be very interested in your game and they DO deal directly with developers without them needing a publisher. It would give you a far bigger profit margin.
Posted By: AlrikFassbauer Re: How are sales going in Germany? - 29/07/09 07:01 PM
I hope I can still get a Collector's Edition ...
Posted By: v1ctor Re: How are sales going in Germany? - 29/07/09 09:08 PM
I know two stores that still have the CE in stock. PM me if you need info.
Posted By: Tenorek Re: How are sales going in Germany? - 30/07/09 05:54 PM
I can't wait to do my part by adding to the sales numbers. Come on September release date!
© Larian Studios forums