Larian Studios
Hey folks,

for those of you overseas interested in the media coverage of the game here in Germany, a pretty popular german video games podcast called "Sevengames TV" featured Divinity 2 in the latest episode. smile

Video can be found here: http://www.sevengames.de/video/sevengames_tv/sendung/videoplayer/00809/ But beware: May contain german language. wink

The main points of the review are:

- proven "RPG incredients" (leveling, potions, skill trees etc) plus being able to play as a dragon
- Appealing sounds (especially german dubbing)
- He recommends the game warmly to every single RPG fan

Dislikes:
- Graphics are okay, but not mind-blowing (he's got a preview version and hoped graphics's getting a mite better in the final version; he also missed a minimap ;))
- Nothing more.. yeah, really. laugh

Translated into percents, I guess he would give about 85%+ (although the show never does ^^).

Just so you english-speaking people know. smile

Thanks for the summary.
Very nice, thanks.
Thanks.
Well, despite the bad things I heard about this game lately, reviewers seem to ignore those and that brings back my lust for the game.

Overall, Excellent work Larian(Especially that this is your first current gen title and taking on such a huge concept), but I hope next time you'll go more open-ended approach to the gameplay.
What do you mean open ended.
Originally Posted by DivineGamer
What do you mean open ended.

Better not ask if youre planning on playing the game. I on the other hand liked the ending... wink
Originally Posted by The EvilAlex
Well, despite the bad things I heard about this game lately, reviewers seem to ignore those and that brings back my lust for the game.

Overall, Excellent work Larian(Especially that this is your first current gen title and taking on such a huge concept), but I hope next time you'll go more open-ended approach to the gameplay.
The last thing I want is another Oblivion-type sandbox game... if that's what you mean.
Oblivion suffered from other things - randomly generated dungeons, auto levelling, duplicated buildings & locations which made the world dull and repetitive. Divinity 2 has none of these flaws.
So are the all the Divinity 2 dungeons unique?
So theres no duplicated buildings?
Well, the building's I've seen so far don't feel copied or duplicated. The dungeons contain repeated elements, of course, but nothing that really stands out. The dungeons I visited all felt different except for one but both were Goblin tunnels so I guess you can't have it all smile.
Originally Posted by Red Avatar
Oblivion suffered from other things - randomly generated dungeons, auto levelling, duplicated buildings & locations which made the world dull and repetitive. Divinity 2 has none of these flaws.
still, I felt that there was too much openness in Oblivion. You could go anywhere, but there was nothing to do. you just fought (and the combat was utterly boring) and ran from one place to another. It was like an MMORPG (and not a very good one... not like WoW, more like Archlord) but without any people in it. There was no story and no direction, and no way to really develop a character for your toon. It was mostly just run here, kill that, talk there, kill that. No soul in that game, whatsoever.

Bioware makes the best RPG's from the big name companies, but they are very storybound and the gameplay is never open-ended. same with the Gothics, Gothic III was more open-ended than I and II and that was another mistake, I think. I think Divine Divinity is the most open-ended RPG that I've liked, and any jump into the void from there would be a nasty fall, I think. So I'd rather they take a little jump towards Baldur's Gate than towards Oblivion.
© Larian Studios forums