Larian Studios
Wanted to make a separate thread, as this is pretty important I guess. From the other thread here, it appears that an announcement has been made for the release of Divinity 2 in the Benelux (Belgium/Netherlands/Luxemburg) on September 25th.

It's available for preorder at Game Mania, where it has the release date set on that day, as well. On their site, I see no information regarding a Collector's Edition, though.

So I'll be going to a Game Mania this weekend and ask if they have any information regarding any special editions coming out. I'd really rather get the CE, but if the CE will only come out in December, I'll have to make do with just the game and perhaps buy a devaluated CE later on.

I would appreciate a heads-up from Larian on this issue as well, as the info, while seemingly reliable, is very scarce on the web, and gaming sites do tend to set release dates without having a lock on it.
Originally Posted by swordscythe
Wanted to make a separate thread, as this is pretty important I guess. From the other thread here, it appears that an announcement has been made for the release of Divinity 2 in the Benelux (Belgium/Netherlands/Luxemburg) on September 25th.

It's available for preorder at Game Mania, where it has the release date set on that day, as well. On their site, I see no information regarding a Collector's Edition, though.

So I'll be going to a Game Mania this weekend and ask if they have any information regarding any special editions coming out. I'd really rather get the CE, but if the CE will only come out in December, I'll have to make do with just the game and perhaps buy a devaluated CE later on.

I would appreciate a heads-up from Larian on this issue as well, as the info, while seemingly reliable, is very scarce on the web, and gaming sites do tend to set release dates without having a lock on it.

PLease forgive my innocense and ignorance on this matter but if a release in the benelux came out, would it be in english or is there another language planned for release there?

Well, there are three official languages here, being Dutch, French and German, in that order. However, most of the populace speaks Dutch/French, and all games that come out here are in English, with a few (mostly children) games coming out in Dutch. Most Flemish gamers prefer English over Dutch. So if the release date and distribution info is correct, the version coming out would be in English.

It doesn't conflict with anything CDV is doing, because CDV is the North-American publisher, not the European one. It also makes sense, because I've seen quite a few previews in Belgian magazines about Ego Draconis. So it's not coming out of the blue. The September issue of a Belgian magazine I bought recently had a review already.
Whoa! whoa!

http://gamemania.be/Default.aspx?tabid=87&gmgame=000000000000022856

# Publisher: Eidos

Eidos? never heard of that before for D2.

Well the publisher for the Benelux is apparently a company who handles all benelux publishing for Square-Enix, Eidos, DTP Entertainment, and Southpeak Interactive.
This is great news (I'm Belgian myself). But since I already purchased the German version (I couldn't wait...) I'll be waiting a bit longer for the CE. smile
So any official news? It seems very unlikely the game will be released within two weeks while there's still no official confirmation.
Went to Game Mania today, and they assured me the release is planned that day. I preordered the game, and they'll let me know if there's a CE coming before release; so I can alter my preorder.
Well I find this very strange. Either there's a severe problem in Dtp's PR department, or they just don't care. I have seen nowhere the game will be released September 25th, except on that site. What a strange way to market a game, just dropping it on the market without any prior notice. What will they say on release date? "Oh yeah we forgot, the game's released in the EU btw"?
Mind you; the mail only says benelux, it says nothing about the rest of europe. The company who's releasing it only does the benelux side of things. Personally, I believe when it comes to magazines, Divinity II has had quite a bit of publicity lately, and maybe they thought the time was right to release here?
Well I will get the Xbox 360 version (PC can't even handle old games like Morrowind). And yeah Game mania let me pre order this game aswell. BTW don't get south of Belgium the french version? I should check a store in France if I can pre order it.
It is strange that theres no press release.
Since its coming so soon.
Betty or Lynn care to comment on this?
Did anyone try mailing Larian? I got no response.
I came on to check if Divinity 2 was out yet or not... apparently not?
i bet there's no CE coming
cuz we didn't get Larian any cake frown
Voila, there you go! wink

--

We'll confirm the Benelux release date before the end of the week.
Originally Posted by lynn

--

Thank you, gorgeous pretty looking Lynn.
Originally Posted by lynn

--

Does that mean you'll confirm the September 25th date or confirm a date in general?
Originally Posted by mister_s
Does that mean you'll confirm the September 25th date or confirm a date in general?

it's hard to imagine that Larian would state now that they are going to confirm September 25th as a release date by the end of the week. That would be a silly thing to do.
lol@Myrthos. Indeed
has it been confirmed yet?
I preorderd it to at Game Mania and i have send a email to them asking if there is going to be a CE release for the BENELUX (or europe) and this is the reply i got :

Beste, dank je wel om ons te contacteren. Op de lijsten die ik hier ter beschikking heb van onze [color:#33FF33]leveranciers, is de Collector's Edition helaas niet terug te vinden. We kunnen je hiermee dus spijtig genoeg niet verder helpen.[/color]

What is says is that there will probly not be a CE edition for us poor fellows cry
Why Larian or the publisher dont make a global CE edition is beyond "div" me. mage

Maybe Lynn or a dev can answer us that, i think at least they can tell us that.
Making a CE version or not is not ours to decide.
The week ended a few days ago wink

Any update on the Benelux release? It's still posted for 25 september on Game Mania, 02/10 on other websites like HCW.

I'm really sorry that the companies own country doesn't get a CE.
We know that the week has ended already wink
Hopefully we can confirm the release date this week.

Concerning the CE: this has to be decided by the distributor in the Benelux.
So the 25th is out of the question? I understand it isn't the companies choice, but it's a very nice CE smile
went to Game Mania today, and the guy called in cause he should've got it today... and he was told it was delayed, and it would be coming in at October 2nd. Which is a bad thing, because it forces me to choose between Ego Draconis and Risen at release.

I guess I'll have to postpone my purchase of Risen a bit.
I went to the gameshop today in utrecht, holland. On the shop's website it said available on sept. 25th. But it seems it is delayed with 1 week. Why can't i find any info on the web on the exact release date. The communication from larian on this has really failed in my eyes.

And now i have to choose between two cool games next week: risen or divinity 2. smirk
Nice timing swordscythe, of your post :P
Demiyan, the whole release thing is not up to Larian... they have about as much information on the subject as we do... so it's really up to DTP, or their benelux sub, to give us a concrete release date.

I just got back from Media Markt and they had copies of Divinity2.

It costed me 42€. Whoohoo.
where is the mediamarkt where u got the game?
I see, hereby i apologise to larian studios, but i was so eager to buy the game today that i got a little frustrated smile
The French version of div2 is available from today on wink

As for the English version: I don't have more info for you right now, I do hope to make you happy soon too wink
Originally Posted by Demiyan
I see, hereby i apologise to larian studios, but i was so eager to buy the game today that i got a little frustrated smile

No worries, we do understand your reaction wink but unfortunately can't do anything atm.

hehe

I forgot to say, It is in french

I got it at,

Media Markt - Gosselies/City Nord
Rue de Namur 140
B-6041 GOSSELIES

I called them first to know if they had it

Merci gegen, have fun playing!
Seriously, German and French before English? I know it isn't up to Larian but still... Seems kind of lame that the English version is the one to hit the shelves later (and I know Germany is RPG country) and that Flanders gets it's version later.

Can I come pick it up in Oudenaarde laugh

I'm from Ghent myself...
My bet is on russian release next wink
So is the german xbox version out? Is so where can i preorder it
Originally Posted by kim91
So is the german xbox version out? Is so where can i preorder it

No.
Its supposedly been delayed until october 2nd.
You can preorder- http://www.amazon.de/dtp-Entertainment-AG-Divinity-II/dp/B001RFGUWO
Originally Posted by Morbo
My bet is on russian release next wink

It'll get shipped to Australia first
© Larian Studios forums