Larian Studios
Posted By: Lynn Divinity II - "Draw Me A Dragon"-Contest - 07/10/09 04:19 PM
Hello Community! hehe

Take part in our Draw Me A Dragon Contest by drawing a dragon into MS Paint. Yes, it’s that simple!

Draw us a dragon and win a fantastic prize!
Whoever thought a scanned creation or something made with modern image editing programs would do is wrong! The challenge of the contest is that you are only allowed to draw in MS Paint! Yes, you read correctly. We want you to create a dragon exclusively with the tools from MS Paint. It is not about creating the most detailed, beautiful or biggest one. Show us how much charm your dragon can have despite the simple tools.

We want the funniest, most bizarre, most fancy, or just the best MS Paint dragon you can offer!

To make voting easy, you might want to mention your nickname on your drawing.

When and how does the contest take place?
From 7th until 21st of October, you have the possibility to post as many pictures as you want in this thread.

Who is allowed to join?
Young and old, Dragonknights and Dragonslayers, what matters is that your dragon was made exclusively with MS Paint.

How will the winners be chosen?

From 21st to 28th of October, you, the community will choose the best creations. On the 28th of October we will announce the winners.

What is the prize?
The first place gets a big Divinity II Poster hand signed by the Larian team and a Divinity II T-Shirt.

The second place gets a big Divinity II Poster hand signed by the Larian team.

The third place gets a small Divinity II Poster hand signed by the Larian team.

We wish you tons of fun drawing and are looking forward to your masterpieces! up
Posted By: aarne Re: Divinity II - "Draw Me A Dragon"-Contest - 07/10/09 04:49 PM
[Linked Image]
Nice to keep the community going.
May have a shot at making a dragon during the weekend.
Posted By: aarne Re: Divinity II - "Draw Me A Dragon"-Contest - 07/10/09 05:09 PM
[Linked Image]
Get ready to be spammed with dragons of all shapes and ummm... shapes...
Edit:
Here be my picture
[Linked Image]
Posted By: aarne Re: Divinity II - "Draw Me A Dragon"-Contest - 07/10/09 07:52 PM
[Linked Image]
Here's mine. It was hours upon hours of work, but in the end I was quite happy with the result.

[Linked Image]
Posted By: Morbo Re: Divinity II - "Draw Me A Dragon"-Contest - 07/10/09 08:35 PM
[Linked Image]
Posted By: aarne Re: Divinity II - "Draw Me A Dragon"-Contest - 07/10/09 09:07 PM
[Linked Image]
This thread made my day.
Posted By: lapino Re: Divinity II - "Draw Me A Dragon"-Contest - 08/10/09 04:44 AM
Well, no harm in trying smile

[Linked Image]
Posted By: Lynn Re: Divinity II - "Draw Me A Dragon"-Contest - 08/10/09 08:12 AM
Nice work! celebrate

These pictures make me really happy, it's 'touchy' smile
Posted By: Kein Re: Divinity II - "Draw Me A Dragon"-Contest - 08/10/09 08:27 AM
LOL @
Originally Posted by aarne
[Linked Image]
Posted By: Lynn Re: Divinity II - "Draw Me A Dragon"-Contest - 08/10/09 08:31 AM
It's a fish, a dragon fish! grin
Posted By: Lynn Re: Divinity II - "Draw Me A Dragon"-Contest - 08/10/09 08:48 AM
To make voting easy, you might want to mention your nickname on your drawing.
Posted By: lepel Re: Divinity II - "Draw Me A Dragon"-Contest - 08/10/09 09:07 AM
It takes abit of imagination to see it, but I'm sure everyone has noticed how the map of belgium totally looks like a dragon silly

[Linked Image]
Posted By: Phoynix Re: Divinity II - "Draw Me A Dragon"-Contest - 08/10/09 09:37 AM
This picture of Dragon Rapper 2bite was snaped early this morning shortly before he crashed his car into a telephone pole.

[Linked Image]
Posted By: hyv Re: Divinity II - "Draw Me A Dragon"-Contest - 08/10/09 09:45 AM
[Linked Image]

fun!

(lepel, nice one!)
lepel, it looks like Bowser!

[Linked Image]
Hyv you just raised the bar
Posted By: aarne Re: Divinity II - "Draw Me A Dragon"-Contest - 08/10/09 06:40 PM
Hyv is paintpro O.o
Hyv.
Was that definately done in MS Paint?
If it was that looks nice!
Taking a shot at this tommorow.
My Creations If I reckon there up to scratch should be up tommorow.
Wow, great Dragons, Lords (and Ladies?)! eek
I'm looking forward to more of them! grin
Posted By: hyv Re: Divinity II - "Draw Me A Dragon"-Contest - 09/10/09 08:20 AM
here's another.. great way to kick off the day!

i'm not using ms paint, no. osX doesn't carry it, sadly :p
i used photoshop, but restricted myself to use no layers nor any of the editing functions. just pure black or white pixels drawn with a no pressure enabled pencil tool.

anyhoo, i'm not in it for the contest.. i just enjoy drawing dragons smile
i'd rather see one of the "real" entries take the prize!

cheers!

[Linked Image]
Posted By: Lynn Re: Divinity II - "Draw Me A Dragon"-Contest - 09/10/09 08:30 AM
We have a Mac-user in the house! grin
Nevertheless: very nice drawings! up
Posted By: hyv Re: Divinity II - "Draw Me A Dragon"-Contest - 09/10/09 08:40 AM
lynn, let's not go there wink

good to see some old familiar faces btw

edit: added another -sorry to hijack :p

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Incoming!!!
Ok, my excuse is that it was better looking in my head.
Well, I can always blame the mouse.
Posted By: isorun Re: Divinity II - "Draw Me A Dragon"-Contest - 09/10/09 08:25 PM
[Linked Image]
Posted By: drazac Re: Divinity II - "Draw Me A Dragon"-Contest - 10/10/09 02:19 PM
=)
[Linked Image]
Win! grin
Posted By: aarne Re: Divinity II - "Draw Me A Dragon"-Contest - 11/10/09 08:47 AM
WHAHAHAHAHA XDXD This picture made my day even if I just woke up
Posted By: Morbo Re: Divinity II - "Draw Me A Dragon"-Contest - 11/10/09 08:49 AM
win²
Hi, decided to give it a shot, here`s what came out of it...
[Linked Image]
That's impressive
Posted By: Ellekke Re: Divinity II - "Draw Me A Dragon"-Contest - 11/10/09 08:35 PM
[Linked Image]

Hi all!
Made this little dragon in the hopes of winning a prize, so I can give it as a gift to my lil brother cheer

Hope it's not too big!

Grtz

Wow they're starting to get good now. I'd better step up my game.
DeviRyuuD and Ellekke
Were those done in MSPain those look incredible.
Sadly didn't manage to get mine done.
Sketch with a mouse using the Pencil option with red, curved lines in black... and finally Fill with color red and white to remove the red sketch marks.
Hah, I found this quite amusing, drawing seperate parts, then putting them together.. explains the "proportions, if there are any... and painting in paint, no sorry, painting on the PC is just such a huge pain.. And i really want that shirt.
Though i suggest one thing - PC Pen or Pencil, whatever you call it, makes drawing easyer than with a mouse, wish i had one..
PS.
My dragon is old, i forgot about the teeth, now that i look at it.. xD
Posted By: drazac Re: Divinity II - "Draw Me A Dragon"-Contest - 11/10/09 10:40 PM
=) here's another one =)
[Linked Image]
It's like a donkey with wings! haha! Nicely done though laugh
Originally Posted by DivineGamer
DeviRyuuD and Ellekke

Keep working...you've got time!
Posted By: Eefje Re: Divinity II - "Draw Me A Dragon"-Contest - 12/10/09 01:25 PM
This is my first entry, just for starting wink (I know, im not a good drawer lol)

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Here we go... Eefjie: love your illustration. =D
Posted By: Ellekke Re: Divinity II - "Draw Me A Dragon"-Contest - 12/10/09 10:07 PM
DeviRyuuD and Ellekke

Thx!
I used paint but I also used a pencil. The ones I tried with the mouse were epic failures. Drove me nearly insane... silly
And you still have time to makes urs!!

Btw really like ur drawings Drazac smile
Posted By: Eefje Re: Divinity II - "Draw Me A Dragon"-Contest - 13/10/09 09:12 AM
Thanks! Yours is cool as well laugh
God I love all your posts!!!

Here's my second picture smile
[Linked Image]
Posted By: Lynn Re: Divinity II - "Draw Me A Dragon"-Contest - 13/10/09 09:36 AM
I love all these colorful images, makes me happy smile
Posted By: GRuI4 Re: Divinity II - "Draw Me A Dragon"-Contest - 13/10/09 11:38 AM
[Linked Image]

I did it by mouse , the pencil is kinda expensive

good luck everyone
Posted By: Blaz Re: Divinity II - "Draw Me A Dragon"-Contest - 13/10/09 01:15 PM
here's my first attempt. pencil and eraser.

[Linked Image]
Posted By: scarlet Re: Divinity II - "Draw Me A Dragon"-Contest - 13/10/09 04:15 PM
Hi everybody!

Im new here. Those pictures of the dragons are so cool!!
I made one myself, but how do you put them here?

Scarlet
Posted By: aarne Re: Divinity II - "Draw Me A Dragon"-Contest - 13/10/09 04:19 PM
Originally Posted by Ellekke
DeviRyuuD and Ellekke

Thx!
I used paint but I also used a pencil. The ones I tried with the mouse were epic failures. Drove me nearly insane... silly
And you still have time to makes urs!!

Btw really like ur drawings Drazac smile

You do know that the point isn't about the best looking but the most funny, bizarre..?
Posted By: Lynn Re: Divinity II - "Draw Me A Dragon"-Contest - 13/10/09 04:30 PM
Originally Posted by scarlet
Hi everybody!

Im new here. Those pictures of the dragons are so cool!!
I made one myself, but how do you put them here?

Scarlet

Hello scarlet hehe

In order to add an image to your message or your signature, you must have the image already available on a web server and reachable by a URL. This can be an image on your own personal web page, for example. To place an image within a message, simply use the following Markup Tag:
[Linked Image]
For example, if you have an image called cateye.gif and its available from your own website at http://www.mywebsite.com/pics, then you would use the following image markup:
[Linked Image]
You can do the same for your signature. Click the My Home option found on any page. Then, under the Main Configuration heading, click on "Personal Information, email, password...". Look for the Signature box, and enter your desired information, including any images/markup as above.

(Note: To keep the forums loading quickly for everyone, it is recommended that you do not exceed 35k for your image size.)

--

@ all:
Could you please avoid that your images are bigger than 800*600?
Posted By: Blaz Re: Divinity II - "Draw Me A Dragon"-Contest - 13/10/09 07:05 PM
second dragon attempt, looks better i think : )
[Linked Image]
Posted By: drazac Re: Divinity II - "Draw Me A Dragon"-Contest - 13/10/09 07:26 PM
[Linked Image]
Wow, you all are really good at drawing. smile
I'm deeply impressed by your drawings.
Thx guys for these Dragons. smile
I finally finished mine! claphands Will post tomorrow once I make a good background for him!
Posted By: Lynn Re: Divinity II - "Draw Me A Dragon"-Contest - 14/10/09 11:21 AM
Keep them coming! They are all so great! It'll be difficult to pick the best ones think
Posted By: scarlet Re: Divinity II - "Draw Me A Dragon"-Contest - 14/10/09 01:53 PM
Hi everybody!

I dont understand how you can put an image on a image-site.
Sorry for the -not-understanding- but im still 13 and i dont know this stuff really.....
Everything lookis quite cool though!!!
I dont even think mine is close as cool as yours..

Thanks!

Scarlet
You can use some of the image-hosting sites.
I don't know which ones are best since I'm using them very rarely and I use some Croatian site, but you can try http://imageshack.us/ or wait for someone to come up with some better one.
Basicaly, on the site you just upload picture and when it's uploaded there should be a forum-code(or something like that) which you copy and paste here in your post.
Posted By: Tuyen Re: Divinity II - "Draw Me A Dragon"-Contest - 14/10/09 02:40 PM
Edit : I moved my drawing to the french forum... good luck to you smile
Posted By: drazac Re: Divinity II - "Draw Me A Dragon"-Contest - 14/10/09 03:08 PM
Excellent drawings =)
Posted By: Lynn Re: Divinity II - "Draw Me A Dragon"-Contest - 14/10/09 03:10 PM
Where is yours? well
Posted By: scarlet Re: Divinity II - "Draw Me A Dragon"-Contest - 14/10/09 03:17 PM
http://img96.imageshack.us/i/draakentekening.png/

i kope its right:

[img]http://img96.imageshack.us/i/draakentekening.png/[/img]

[img]http://http://img96.imageshack.us/i/draakentekening.png/[/img]
Posted By: Tuyen Re: Divinity II - "Draw Me A Dragon"-Contest - 14/10/09 03:29 PM
Scarlet,

Edit your post, then click on the button "insert image" or something like that and copy paste your url when you'll be asked to do so.

I hope it helped.

^^
[Linked Image]
Hey here is a simple paint drawing from me smile

[Linked Image]
Posted By: scarlet Re: Divinity II - "Draw Me A Dragon"-Contest - 14/10/09 05:03 PM
Thanks,

but they tell me to tell the URL page
Posted By: drazac Re: Divinity II - "Draw Me A Dragon"-Contest - 14/10/09 05:51 PM
Originally Posted by lynn
Where is yours? well

Second page of the thread, post number #388338 and #388429
Third page, post #388538

I guess since you like colorful drawings that you've missed my blackys and whites =)

Ooh and im not in for the contest... just wanted to contribute with pics
Dragon (and) slayer...DIGITALIZE!
[Linked Image]

Looks familiar? grin
Ok, that one nearly damaged my brain. 7300 squares painted ONE BY ONE (what was I thinking...).
Well, I hope you can recognize the idea.
Now I'll go and faint in the corner...
Posted By: drazac Re: Divinity II - "Draw Me A Dragon"-Contest - 14/10/09 10:09 PM
LOL .. that picture must have taken hours to complete ... well done =)
Alrighty mine ended up really big so I had to resize it with another program to post within the thread so PLEASE CLICK HERE to see my full-size submission as it was meant to be seen. Or at least it's as close in quality as I can get since image hosting sites want me to pay to upload bitmaps. Thanks!

[Linked Image]
Nice details!
\m/
Thanks. It took a while but was very fun to make.

What's \m/ mean?
Your dragons right hand laugh
Yeeaaah metal! [Linked Image]
Posted By: Lynn Re: Divinity II - "Draw Me A Dragon"-Contest - 16/10/09 12:39 PM
Hi all hehe

An overview of the cool dragons so far can be found here.

Just one remark: there are 3 prizes per language forum smile

English contest: this forum! wink
German contest
French contest

Have fun with your drawings!
The contest ends this Wednesday, 21 October.
Posted By: Tuyen Re: Divinity II - "Draw Me A Dragon"-Contest - 16/10/09 12:48 PM
How can I move my drawing to the french forum since I'm french?
should I delete my previous post and add a new one in the french forum ?
Posted By: Lynn Re: Divinity II - "Draw Me A Dragon"-Contest - 16/10/09 12:54 PM
If you would like to do this, you can, you choose wink

Good luck! hehe
Flixerflax's drawing so reminds me of Tenacious D: The Pick of Destiny. Awesomely awesome!
Actually it looks more like that Satan from Tenacious D song - Tribute.
=D
Radical
I think that's actually part of the movie.. no?
Hehe Tenacious D has done the "rock duel with a demon" three times total!

1. The Tenacious D TV show - Episode 2 "The Greatest Song in the World"

2. The music video for the song "Tribute"

3. The Pick of Destiny ending scene.

I didn't have it mind but maybe subsconsciously I thought a big demonic guitar playing dragon belonged on a lonesome desert road...
Posted By: drazac Re: Divinity II - "Draw Me A Dragon"-Contest - 17/10/09 04:18 PM
I wonder who is that dragon on my pic ... grin
[Linked Image]
Posted By: Sonja96 Re: Divinity II - "Draw Me A Dragon"-Contest - 17/10/09 07:05 PM
hi I'm new so can anyone tell me how to upload my art?
TinyPic.com
Posted By: Nv8x Re: Divinity II - "Draw Me A Dragon"-Contest - 17/10/09 07:38 PM
I can't wait to post my drawing laugh
But it's not finished yet smile
[Linked Image]

Yep, I'm bored.
Yep, I used only that thin pencil thingy.
Yep, it's bad.
Posted By: scarlet Re: Divinity II - "Draw Me A Dragon"-Contest - 18/10/09 12:59 PM
Here's my image (thanks fot the help!): http://img444.imageshack.us/img444/7048/fiercedragon.png [Linked Image]
Posted By: scarlet Re: Divinity II - "Draw Me A Dragon"-Contest - 18/10/09 01:11 PM
Hi Sonja!

I had the same problem like you.
Now listen carefully, here's what you do:

If your image is called cateye.gif (for example) you first have to upload it on a web-page. I used www.imageshack.us . upload it there, then you have to edit your post.
( to do so, you make a post, then click on edit on your post)
When you are there, FIRST click on 'Create a link to a webpage' and write the URL when you will be asked to.
(They will ask twice, so write the same twice!)
SECOND when youve done this you have to click 'Enter an image', write the same URL as before (by 'Create a link to a webpage')
Then you just click: 'Change post' and youre image is there!
Wow. Very nice work, scarlet.
Posted By: scarlet Re: Divinity II - "Draw Me A Dragon"-Contest - 18/10/09 06:38 PM
Thanks Swordscythe, it took some time too
[Linked Image]

Here is my dragon
Posted By: drazac Re: Divinity II - "Draw Me A Dragon"-Contest - 18/10/09 08:18 PM
It looks like a bird who spits fire grin
Excellent picture nevertheless wink

Posted By: Nv8x Re: Divinity II - "Draw Me A Dragon"-Contest - 18/10/09 09:05 PM
GOOD LORD! It's finally and officialy FINISHED! laugh ^^
I even stunned myself with this --> woOt paint? :O YES, made with only paint!! (and MOUSE :o)
Totaly worked my ass of and the hours... I can't even count them anymore XD
Fortunitly Photoshop/PsP was invented otherwise all those artist would already commit suicide XD lol :P.
I hope I win a prize laugh

A Dragonslayer is hiding in the bushes! Watch out dragon!! :o

[Linked Image]
http://img14.imageshack.us/img14/247/divinitydraakcontest6.png
Full view plz! smile

Dragon only:
http://img40.imageshack.us/img40/1433/divinitydraakcontest7dr.png
Posted By: Spastic Re: Divinity II - "Draw Me A Dragon"-Contest - 19/10/09 10:46 AM
[Linked Image]
That.
Is.
Just.
Awesome.
Really.
Spastic, Guild Wars dragons don't count :p
Posted By: Spastic Re: Divinity II - "Draw Me A Dragon"-Contest - 19/10/09 12:43 PM
Does it look like a Guild Wars dragon? O_O
I own the Guild Wars CE, and there's a book with Artwork that comes with it, and your drawing looks just like the cover of the book. I remember I saw some other dragons in game that looked exactly like that one. Nicely drawn though.
Posted By: Nv8x Re: Divinity II - "Draw Me A Dragon"-Contest - 19/10/09 03:36 PM
Haha another one!
Whoops forgot to change back into human form ':)

[Linked Image]
I wish I had a tablet...
New armor: 100 coins
New shiny sword: 300 coins
Shapeshift spell from a local witch: 616 coins
Seeing a fierce dragon running from peasant mob: priceless
Originally Posted by Wishmaster
New armor: 100 coins
New shiny sword: 300 coins
Shapeshift spell from a local witch: 616 coins
Seeing a fierce dragon running from peasant mob: priceless

MasterCard
priceless
Posted By: Spastic Re: Divinity II - "Draw Me A Dragon"-Contest - 20/10/09 06:52 AM
Originally Posted by swordscythe
I own the Guild Wars CE, and there's a book with Artwork that comes with it, and your drawing looks just like the cover of the book. I remember I saw some other dragons in game that looked exactly like that one. Nicely drawn though.

Oh wow, and I've never even played Guild Wars. :O
Sooo....how do we vote?
Posted By: Lynn Re: Divinity II - "Draw Me A Dragon"-Contest - 22/10/09 08:10 AM
Contest is finished! smile
Give me some time, not much wink and you can start voting! celebrate
© Larian Studios forums