Larian Studios
Posted By: Lar_q Next patch - 05/12/09 11:35 AM
Hi all,

I just wanted to give you the update on the next patch. The US release contains a number of fixes and improvements, based upon your feedback, and the new patch has been derived from that. It's currently in QA but as the game is pretty big and they need to test it against all the different language versions and both platforms, it might still take a bit of time before it's released, but we're trying to get it done as soon as possible. To give you an idea of what the new patch contains, here's a small (but not finite) list:

-New targetting system
-No more getting stuck on dynamic objects
-More hints on the map
-Weapons now hit multiple enemies if they are standing within the arc the weapon makes
-No more delays between skills and attacks i.e. the avatar reacts much faster in combat
-A bunch of fixes and other improvements

We'll keep you posted on when it clears QA.

There's also a demo in the works which should be clearing pretty soon too.

Apologies for the time it's taking, but nowadays it takes longer to test something than to actually implement it, but I really hope it'll be released soon.

Cheers

Lar

Posted By: DivineGamer Re: Next patch - 05/12/09 12:05 PM
So its for Xbox 360 as well?
Nice fix list!
Posted By: Ryan84546 Re: Next patch - 05/12/09 01:56 PM
So will this patch be released to people who already own
the game, and if so will it be released over xbox live?
Posted By: DivineGamer Re: Next patch - 05/12/09 02:04 PM
If the patch is for Xbox.
Yes it'll released over Live theres no other way.
Posted By: Kein Re: Next patch - 05/12/09 06:44 PM
Oh, I thought info will be posted here to do not separate similar threads, but oh well ;<

Anyway, great news, but I have one question Lar_q:
-Weapons now hit multiple enemies if they are standing within the arc the weapon makes

There is no such thing in german version. Will we get german patch as well? Or it's US only ;((
Posted By: Lar_q Re: Next patch - 05/12/09 08:25 PM
Our plan is to bring all releases (that includes the German one) to the same version. So the next patch will bring everything on par with the US version.
Posted By: melianos Re: Next patch - 05/12/09 09:25 PM
I have a question (that might have been posted already).
What does the language version change about the patchs ?
I mean, as long as nothing about the text or voice part changes, why do you need to test all versions ?
Posted By: Libertarian Re: Next patch - 05/12/09 10:30 PM
Very nice. This makes me want to support div2 even more when it launches in the US on Jan. 5th!

It's always good to see a developer supporting their title instead of letting it die with all its imperfections. I'm glad Larian Studios continues to fix and tweak div2.
Posted By: LightningLockey Re: Next patch - 06/12/09 09:55 PM
Yay a demo soon (though I'll really jump for joy after purchasing the full game...might get removed from the mall be security! Woot!) I'm eager to see the improvements from the German version I played about 3 months ago.
Posted By: Kein Re: Next patch - 07/12/09 02:08 AM
Another question Lar_q:
will patch fix all reported quest/trigger script logic flaws? Like some issues with skills, issues with quests, other issues reported on forums? There is a tons of them.
Posted By: KnightPT Re: Next patch - 07/12/09 12:18 PM
Originally Posted by Lar_q
Our plan is to bring all releases (that includes the German one) to the same version. So the next patch will bring everything on par with the US version.

Hello dear Lar, just wanted to ask a little question no one seems to know for sure:

What is the current version on the EUropean English version? It shows 1.03 but it apears to have some improvements from later versions (present on the german version, like swimming animations,etc), but it doesnt seem to have other improvements (present on the german version, as the high resolution texture pack, etc)

I might be mistaken ofc, but i'm quite confused as to what was included in the current English European version smile

Posted By: Lar_q Re: Next patch - 07/12/09 06:28 PM
I realize it can be confusing as every different language release is basically a different version - it occasionaly has us confused too wink Let me try to explain:

As we were making different versions for the different territories, we were very opportunistic and included as much features/fixes/improvements as we could from our improvement roadmap, each time a release came up. That roadmap is basically a list of things we saw in various forum posts and reviews, as well as a list of things we didn't get around to doing when the game was originally released. We've steadily been scratching things from the list as they got implemented, but as I said, did include some of them already in certain releases. That's why there are differences between the different versions.

The deadline for the improvements was the US gold master, as that was the last scheduled release, and so we made all the improvements towards that version. Once that was done and tested, we then started making patches for each different version - a complex task because of the different versions - but the advantage was that we did improve the game with each release, something which we noted in the reviews and comments of players.

Now that that's done, we can finally make the "über-patch" which brings all versions to the same level, but we do have to test against all the versions out there, and that unfortunately takes a bit of time. The upside is that after this patch is released, we should have less work if we want to add something else and as always, we will be looking out for what's on your request list.

I hope this puts it in perspective for you all,

Lar
Posted By: DivineGamer Re: Next patch - 07/12/09 07:02 PM
Hi Lar or anybody from Larian.
Your still yet to answer my question.
Is the Patch only for PC?
Posted By: Raze Re: Next patch - 07/12/09 09:39 PM

The patch is for the PC and XBox versions. Lar said in the first post about the patch "It's currently in QA but as the game is pretty big and they need to test it against all the different language versions and both platforms, it might still take a bit of time before it's released, but we're trying to get it done as soon as possible."
Posted By: Willlem Re: Next patch - 07/12/09 09:42 PM
Great!

I'm wondering, I know Microsoft has a certain policy about Xbox Live updates.

Can anyone tell me (exactly) what it is?

Isn't it you are only allowed to update your Xbox 360 game once a certain time, for a maximum amount of memory space?
Posted By: DivineGamer Re: Next patch - 07/12/09 09:55 PM
They have a patch size limit but don't have a clue what it is.
Ther aloud to release patches as many times they want to.

Also thanks Raze!
Posted By: Kein Re: Next patch - 07/12/09 11:31 PM
I realize it can be confusing as every different language release is basically a different version - it occasionaly has us confused too wink Let me try to explain:

As we were making different versions for the different territories, we were very opportunistic and included as much features/fixes/improvements as we could from our improvement roadmap, each time a release came up. That roadmap is basically a list of things we saw in various forum posts and reviews, as well as a list of things we didn't get around to doing when the game was originally released. We've steadily been scratching things from the list as they got implemented, but as I said, did include some of them already in certain releases. That's why there are differences between the different versions.

The deadline for the improvements was the US gold master, as that was the last scheduled release, and so we made all the improvements towards that version. Once that was done and tested, we then started making patches for each different version - a complex task because of the different versions - but the advantage was that we did improve the game with each release, something which we noted in the reviews and comments of players.

Now that that's done, we can finally make the "über-patch" which brings all versions to the same level, but we do have to test against all the versions out there, and that unfortunately takes a bit of time. The upside is that after this patch is released, we should have less work if we want to add something else and as always, we will be looking out for what's on your request list.

Lar

Lar, you didn't answer to my previous question ;< May be you think it makes no sense? But it is not, since patch 1.02 didn't fix any issues with script logic flaws, like bugs with Kirill or bugs with guildmaster tower, or empty chests or broken skills (Summon Mastery), etc... So, I wonder, do we get just technical side fixes or complex ones.
Posted By: KnightPT Re: Next patch - 10/12/09 11:09 AM

Lar

Thanks for the answer "boss" smile

I'm now making a little pause on D2 because i realy want to play the game with the latest patch released and hopefuly all the problems eliminated (and especialy the graphical part with the HD textures), so as you can imagine i'm realy anxious to have the patch out.

If i can go a little out and predict a date, i'd say i'm expecting the patch until 2nd half January 2010, hope its not too far off.

Posted By: purgatori Re: Next patch - 16/12/09 02:28 AM
Thankyou for listening to your customers and for working on fixes and improvements in such a timely manner smile One improvement that I hope will be coming down the pipeline is optimization of the animation frames, which currently appear to be somewhat jerky/jittery -- my only real complaint with the game at this point.
Posted By: KraczyKruk Re: Next patch - 19/12/09 05:03 PM
Hi all!
I'm new here and I'd like to tell You about very weird problem.
I have Polish version of Div2 with the newest patch 1.315 (Patch appeared 2 days ago on Polish distributor's website) and game still runs sloooow. I have a pretty good gaming rig - C2Q 9550, HD4850, 4 gigs ram and on all 'medium details' its about 25-30 fps ingame. Is this very poor optimization? Nope... today I've downloaded demo version of Div2 and... it works in perfect 60 fps! So? What the...? Anyone have idea what's the problem?
Posted By: Unreal Warfare Re: Next patch - 20/12/09 12:05 PM
Originally Posted by KraczyKruk
Hi all!
I have Polish version of Div2 with the newest patch 1.315 (Patch appeared 2 days ago on Polish distributor's website) and game still runs sloooow. I have a pretty good gaming rig - C2Q 9550, HD4850, 4 gigs ram and on all 'medium details' its about 25-30 fps ingame. Is this very poor optimization? Nope... today I've downloaded demo version of Div2 and... it works in perfect 60 fps! So? What the...? Anyone have idea what's the problem?

Ask your question here

For the record this game seems to have some frame rate issues. I think that they will be fixed in the next patch (because it doesn't seem like an issue that is exclusive to one format) though I haven't seen any confirmation of this yet.
Posted By: DivineGamer Re: Next patch - 20/12/09 01:04 PM
Any update on the patch Swen?
Especially for Xbox 360 smile

Glad to see you guys and girls supporting Xbox 360 with a Patch and demo's!
Posted By: Joram Re: Next patch - 21/12/09 03:35 PM
To Lar:

I only wish to tell you:

On XBox I have 1 specific problem found, on this moment that same problem came twice.

When in the game "a videoscene comes AFTER a dialog", the loadingscreen loads forever wink ...
Only via SKIP dialog, I can go futher in the game.

I hope this problem can be fixed in the future wink .
Other problems I haven't had at all with my Xbox-version smile !
Posted By: purgatori Re: Next patch - 22/12/09 01:31 AM
I'm hoping that this patch arrives soon. I've put off playing this game any further for the time being, because I find it very difficult to follow up on sidequests without adequate map markers.
Posted By: Neux Re: Next patch - 22/12/09 02:47 AM
I don't have any idea if in others Divinity 2 editions you have stuttering problem, but with the Spanish one I'm getting the most painful stuttering that I've never had in any other game. I'm sure that the problem does not come from my Nvidia GTX275 and a E6600 with 6GB RAM and I have to say that I have high FPS rates but I also realize that the more FPS I have, the more noticeable stuttering I get so have put a FPS limiter to set max FPS to 30, but the stuttering is still there anyway, less noticeable, but there it is, and it's really annoying so I will stop playing this game until next patch been released, so I have put all my hopes in the incoming patch, so please Larian, take a look to that problem because I have checked the forum and it seems that I'm not the unique person who has those stuttering problems.

PD: I have never had stuttering problems in others Gamebryo's games like Oblivion (with my old 8800GTS), Fallout 3, Warhammer Online...
Posted By: KnightPT Re: Next patch - 24/12/09 12:34 PM
Originally Posted by Neux
I don't have any idea if in others Divinity 2 editions you have stuttering problem, but with the Spanish one I'm getting the most painful stuttering that I've never had in any other game. I'm sure that the problem does not come from my Nvidia GTX275 and a E6600 with 6GB RAM and I have to say that I have high FPS rates but I also realize that the more FPS I have, the more noticeable stuttering I get so have put a FPS limiter to set max FPS to 30, but the stuttering is still there anyway, less noticeable, but there it is, and it's really annoying so I will stop playing this game until next patch been released, so I have put all my hopes in the incoming patch, so please Larian, take a look to that problem because I have checked the forum and it seems that I'm not the unique person who has those stuttering problems.

PD: I have never had stuttering problems in others Gamebryo's games like Oblivion (with my old 8800GTS), Fallout 3, Warhammer Online...

Its a known problem, suposedly fixed in the most recent german patch version, but i cant confirm since i dont have it. If you have spanish version then its normal should be around the same English EU version, wich has that problem.

As explained in this own thread by lar_q, diferent patches in diferent languages have diferent improvements so we should all wait for the next patch that will make all the improvements into 1 single patch for all versions/languages.

Posted By: Riona Re: Next patch - 30/12/09 03:50 AM
i hope the patch comes out soon cuz i just got the american version today and im SO upset about the bugged loading screen! i cant get past the loading screen right after becoming a slayer. thats just...yea. u plug in the rest of the words.

can someone plz just pm me if a fix finally comes out.?
Posted By: Libertarian Re: Next patch - 30/12/09 05:26 AM
360 version needs patched ASAP!
Posted By: PseronWyrd Re: Next patch - 30/12/09 06:27 AM
Originally Posted by Riona
can someone plz just pm me if a fix finally comes out.?
You need to manually close the dialog box by clicking on "End". It goes into the loop if you wait too long.
Posted By: Riona Re: Next patch - 30/12/09 06:45 AM
there is no end button for her on mine. thats wat bugs me
Posted By: Riona Re: Next patch - 30/12/09 06:52 AM
HAHAHA! creators think that US version is fixed. it aint! i have issues with being stuck on the loading page... kinda messed up cuz i cant do anything about it. ive tried redownloading... tried "end" button before the cutscene but she doesnt have it...(im talking about right after the becoming a slayer part right in the beginning....><)

seriously tho. pm me people when the update comes out cause ive waited too long for this to happen.
Posted By: DivineGamer Re: Next patch - 30/12/09 10:42 AM
Originally Posted by Libertarian
360 version needs patched ASAP!

This patch is to get the other International vesions up to date with the US Versions.

Lar any update on the Patch.
Posted By: KnightPT Re: Next patch - 30/12/09 02:38 PM
I admit i'm being impatient also.

Already bought the game for a long time and i can't play it decently atm due to major stuttering and black looping screens.

I'm normaly a very patient person and i do understand the complexities of releasing a world-wide patch that realy must cover all the issues but if you check carefuly the EU/UK release date and the present day, you'll see there's too much time in-between in a game that is simply not working for a lot of people.

Please hurry it up, even if there are still some minor bugs in this patch, at least release a patch that solves the stutering and non-loading screens, it seems those are the two major concerns.
Posted By: Riona Re: Next patch - 30/12/09 07:37 PM
I agree with KnightPT.

I've waited a LOOOOOONG time for this to just be meantioned among the gamer world... and even longer for it to come out. 7 years...(i had a gut feeling that they would come out with a second one) and i finally got the pre ordered US version of the game....

can't get past the loading screen right after the ship and river scene tho... kinda dont like that.

i understand it is hard to do a world wide patch... but you know... we just ask that we can PLAY it! There are already people out there threatening to never buy another larien studious game again.

think of Diablo 2 and the bugs in that game. (for those who have played it) it kinda sucked in the beginning but they fixed it so their customers could play. its basically the same thing just different issues...

I kno they can do this, i just hope it doesnt take too long...
Posted By: Chimeray Re: Next patch - 30/12/09 08:31 PM
I believe you have to skip the dialog ASAP and then you get through, shouldn't be a hassle cos you've read it on your first play wink
Other than that, no bugs encountered whatsoever. Try it.
Posted By: Riona Re: Next patch - 30/12/09 09:05 PM
i have tried thats the probably. i click through it like crazy and i mean CRAZY. but there is no end button after the end where u say ur ready so it happens anyway....

i do understand where ur coming from on it tho. i have tried and thx for trying to help me. lol ill just have to wait like everyone else.
Posted By: Valkadesh Re: Next patch - 31/12/09 04:48 AM
Picked the game up today (blame Gameslop and their early release dealio) and like the demo managed to get it running decently. However, any plans on fixing the black screen issue /=. It really kinda sucks playing it below native resolution )=.
Posted By: Riona Re: Next patch - 31/12/09 07:59 AM
hmm. im not sure they said anything about fixing the black screen yet... if they r then it might be with the never ending loading screen issue.
Posted By: Kein Re: Next patch - 31/12/09 01:29 PM
Originally Posted by Valkadesh
However, any plans on fixing the black screen issue /=. It really kinda sucks playing it below native resolution )=.

The devs can fix only the things they can reproduce.
Obviously.
Posted By: Darthvegeta800 Re: Next patch - 31/12/09 06:57 PM
Originally Posted by Unreal Warfare
Hi all!

Ask your question here

For the record this game seems to have some frame rate issues. I think that they will be fixed in the next patch (because it doesn't seem like an issue that is exclusive to one format) though I haven't seen any confirmation of this yet.

I noticed this framerate prob too.
Dragon Age runs fluidly and is arguably much prettier. (and I play it on quite high settings)
While Divinity 2 is a bit 'choppy' at times. I even let my brother (studies gamedevelopment and tends to get most stuff going optimally) tinker with my settings/system but with minimal results.
Posted By: Riona Re: Next patch - 31/12/09 10:27 PM
Originally Posted by Kein
However, any plans on fixing the black screen issue /=. It really kinda sucks playing it below native resolution )=.

Obviously.

You know, not everyone knows those kind of things so it would be greatly appareciated if you try being a little more gentle with the way you say things. And I'm sorry to say this but from my point of veiw, you sound as if you are a professional and maybe you are but you are being rude about it and if I'm correct, some people on another forum have already asked you to play nice.

Please do, for the sake of all of those who are unaware of these things.
Posted By: spongedaddy Re: Next patch - 01/01/10 01:14 PM

Obviously.

You know, not everyone knows those kind of things so it would be greatly appareciated if you try being a little more gentle with the way you say things. And I'm sorry to say this but from my point of veiw, you sound as if you are a professional and maybe you are but you are being rude about it and if I'm correct, some people on another forum have already asked you to play nice.

Please do, for the sake of all of those who are unaware of these things.

Also there are times when, and the reasons vary from burnout after working so long to just not giving a hoot, some glaring bugs can be missed as time goes on. If there are multiple reports of the same bug it exists and the responsibility is on the developer, if they wish to provide excellent service and retain customers, to figure out how to recreate it or enlist user help to do so.
Posted By: Zwei Re: Next patch - 01/01/10 06:59 PM
just wondering will the patch be out sometime around Jan 5th? or is it still unknown to when the actually release of the patch has been said?
Posted By: Raze Re: Next patch - 01/01/10 08:30 PM

We are still assuming/hoping that Larian is trying to get the patch out around or not too long after Jan 5th. Nothing specific has ever been officially mentioned, though.
Posted By: Riona Re: Next patch - 01/01/10 09:15 PM
i highly doubt it will be out jan 5. if it is then u can all say i told u so but i do pray that it comes out soon after the 5th because i need something fun to do.

^_^ I hope they figure it out soon
Posted By: Zwei Re: Next patch - 01/01/10 09:47 PM
man, i can't imagine how frustrated some people are who can't play the game. and having to wait for a patch with no release date or update notice >_<
Posted By: Riona Re: Next patch - 02/01/10 12:58 AM
yea... I already met a few people who have waited just as long as i have...

believe me...its frustrating on so many levels...specially when everything is suddenly boring to u..
Posted By: Zwei Re: Next patch - 04/01/10 11:04 AM
guess everyone is on vacation...
Posted By: poc Re: Next patch - 04/01/10 11:30 AM
I hope the patch will allow me to actually play the game because 1+1/2 weeks since i bought the game i still cannot get it started!
Posted By: Unreal Warfare Re: Next patch - 04/01/10 11:50 AM
Originally Posted by Zwei

Are developers not allowed holidays too?

Or should they have to sacrifice their own time over the festive season to satisfy your own selfish needs?
Posted By: KnightPT Re: Next patch - 04/01/10 03:45 PM

Or should they have to sacrifice their own time over the festive season to satisfy your own selfish needs?

Hum, i worked this week-end because a couple of my customers couldnt use our custom-made accounting software last week so that this week they could use it. Is it that hard to believe the devs could work on vacation-time because a few thousands customers couldnt use their software?

Dunno perhaps my company works too much, or values the customers too much instead.

Posted By: Lar_q Re: Next patch - 04/01/10 04:11 PM
Believe it or not, the patch has been ready for quite some time, but there's a lot of process this thing has to go through before it can be released. Out of that process came one issue which is now fixed, so I hope you'll still see it this week. My sincere apologies.
Posted By: Unreal Warfare Re: Next patch - 04/01/10 05:01 PM
Originally Posted by KnightPT

Hum, i worked this week-end because a couple of my customers couldnt use our custom-made accounting software last week so that this week they could use it. Is it that hard to believe the devs could work on vacation-time because a few thousands customers couldnt use their software?

Dunno perhaps my company works too much, or values the customers too much instead.

So because you did it so should everyone else.

Right.

They spend enough time in their offices developing games as it is, I think they're entitled to spend some time with their families etc if they wish to during the Christmas season. Especially seems the patch is in Q&A/Certification anyway.

Posted By: Libertarian Re: Next patch - 04/01/10 06:02 PM
Believe it or not, the patch has been ready for quite some time, but there's a lot of process this thing has to go through before it can be released. Out of that process came one issue which is now fixed, so I hope you'll still see it this week. My sincere apologies.

Thank you.
Posted By: KraczyKruk Re: Next patch - 04/01/10 08:53 PM
Is this 1.3 patch or something new? Because I have Polish version of D2 and already have 1.3 patch.
Posted By: RICHO Re: Next patch - 04/01/10 09:15 PM

Cool, crossfingers for a simultaneous release for all the versions.
Posted By: Anrim Re: Next patch - 04/01/10 09:41 PM

See, this is all ANYONE wants. Just an update, let us know we aren't pulling out our
own hair in vain. THANK YOU. Divinity 2 can finally be the triple A title we all see
it capable of being.

I just hope you guys got the loading freeze bug wink
Posted By: Kein Re: Next patch - 04/01/10 10:27 PM
Is this 1.3 patch or something new? Because I have Polish version of D2 and already have 1.3 patch.

There is no 1.3 patch. It's 1.03. Polish version has some fixes in it, but not all.
Posted By: KnightPT Re: Next patch - 04/01/10 10:48 PM

Hey sir, thats all the people wanted to hear - un update.

Something i think developers all over the world still havent understood is that most of the time, all it takes is 1 minute and 1 post with an update to silence a lot of bad mouths.

Thank you again.

Posted By: Lar_q Re: Next patch - 05/01/10 07:13 AM
Trust me, it's frustrating as hell for us too - I remember when we could build patches and release them the next day, allowing us to react very fast to whatever problems were encountered and quickly helping out if something went wrong. Now, for a million reasons, everything takes eternities before it gets from us to you.
Posted By: KraczyKruk Re: Next patch - 05/01/10 08:19 AM

There is no 1.3 patch. It's 1.03. Polish version has some fixes in it, but not all.

I'm not quite sure if You're right, because my Polish version is exactly 1.315 and has applied all changes that Lar_q mentioned in first post in this topic. So I'm asking...
Posted By: Zwei Re: Next patch - 05/01/10 10:18 AM
woot someone reply, just wanted to see an update thats all, don't get your pantie in a bunch unreal, i just hope u can clean off that brown stuff on your nose, and realize your no one important. so stop acting like you're a mod or something.
Posted By: Unreal Warfare Re: Next patch - 05/01/10 11:04 AM
woot someone reply, just wanted to see an update thats all, don't get your pantie in a bunch unreal, i just hope u can clean off that brown stuff on your nose, and realize your no one important. so stop acting like you're a mod or something.

Cry to someone who cares snowflake.
Posted By: Cyclonus Re: Next patch - 05/01/10 01:39 PM
I know about the idiocy of releasing patches for xbox360 games and that, but what is holding up the pc version? is it the download vendors needing separate patches, or something? I don't understand. or are you guys just waiting with releasing the pc patch until the xbox patch is ready?
Posted By: wily-weasel Re: Next patch - 05/01/10 02:47 PM
I am also very curious...I have a duo-core ati card and the broken AA is killing me frown
Could we please get an ETA at least?
Posted By: Unreal Warfare Re: Next patch - 05/01/10 02:52 PM
Originally Posted by wily-weasel
I am also very curious...I have a duo-core ati card and the broken AA is killing me frown
Could we please get an ETA at least?

Posted By: knote32 Re: Next patch - 05/01/10 03:52 PM
New US Xbox 360 user here.

Just grabbed this game the other day, popped it in. I tried to play about 5 times, but it would freeze at either the main menu, or in the first minute or so of the game.

Decided that maybe it would help If I installed it to the HD. No help at all. When I start the game(The Main Menu is now glitchy) I get a loading screen that loads forever. It doesn't freeze, but it will just sit on that loading page.

Will this patch address these issues on the 360? I am dying to play your game, but I might have to return this thing, because that is one damn expensive loading screen I am paying for right now...

Thank you
Posted By: Cyclonus Re: Next patch - 05/01/10 09:00 PM
The patch just released is for US version of the game only?

this one, http://www.gamershell.com/news_89086.html
Posted By: DivineGamer Re: Next patch - 05/01/10 09:06 PM
No it'll be for all versions.
Thats the patch for PC.

Must be Microsoft holding up Xbox Patch.
Wonder If it comes tomorrow :P
Posted By: Unreal Warfare Re: Next patch - 05/01/10 09:13 PM
Originally Posted by DivineGamer
Must be Microsoft holding up Xbox Patch.

Certification process.
Posted By: DivineGamer Re: Next patch - 05/01/10 09:18 PM
Hope that Save Bug isn't holding up the rest of the worlds Patch.
They haven't found a solution yet smirk
Posted By: Kein Re: Next patch - 05/01/10 09:35 PM

I'm not quite sure if You're right, because my Polish version is exactly 1.315 and has applied all changes that Lar_q mentioned in first post in this topic. So I'm asking...

Really? Can you post a screenshot of your main menu?
Posted By: Raze Re: Next patch - 05/01/10 09:45 PM

Knote32, one person who played the demo a lot reported that the full game got stuck on the loading screen after character creation, but after they cleared their HD cache it worked fine.
Another person only had a problem there if they changed the default name; left alone the game would load.
Posted By: KraczyKruk Re: Next patch - 05/01/10 10:01 PM

Really? Can you post a screenshot of your main menu?

Sure:
[Linked Image]

I've have it since mid December.
Posted By: Dhruin Re: Next patch - 05/01/10 10:14 PM
Can we please get some specific details on this patch?

Lar's initial post says the US version "contains" a number of fixes, which implies the US version is up to date. On the other hand, this file was released by cdv, is labeled "US" and doesn't work with my Australian retail version.

I understood this was to be a "super" patch, bringing all versions up to date. Is this not the case? Does the US version need patching? Can we have *full* patch notes, please?

Rather frustrating after all this time to not have clear information on these forums or the Larian site.
Posted By: wily-weasel Re: Next patch - 05/01/10 10:18 PM
Originally Posted by Cyclonus
The patch just released is for US version of the game only?

this one, http://www.gamershell.com/news_89086.html

Does that patch address the major issues (like AA), or is there a larger patch coming out this week?
Posted By: Cyclonus Re: Next patch - 05/01/10 10:18 PM
probably have to wait until tomorrow for details/info I guess, it's 11pm here now. but yeah, that 1.03 patch doesn't work on my european download version either. so I guess it probably is for the US version only

Originally Posted by wily-weasel
Does that patch address the major issues (like AA), or is there a larger patch coming out this week?

no idea, I'm not able to run that patch. I posted before downloading.. it asks me for a 1.0 version install of the game.
Posted By: DivineGamer Re: Next patch - 05/01/10 10:18 PM
Did you try it?
Posted By: wily-weasel Re: Next patch - 05/01/10 10:26 PM
Just tried it a few minutes ago...still having the same problems I'm afraid frown
Posted By: reaver894 Re: Next patch - 06/01/10 10:01 PM
Any word on the patch, im still usin something like 1.0.13.67
Posted By: Raze Re: Next patch - 06/01/10 10:32 PM

Latest word on the patch was they were hoping to release it this week.
Posted By: Riona Re: Next patch - 06/01/10 10:34 PM

So because you did it so should everyone else.

Right.

They spend enough time in their offices developing games as it is, I think they're entitled to spend some time with their families etc if they wish to during the Christmas season. Especially seems the patch is in Q&A/Certification anyway.

ok ok people. please calm down. they do deserve a break and i agree with that but with some many people threatening to never buy from them again and atleast 3 different versions of the game NOT working, they may not be able to get a vacation. its the sacrifice you make when you become a graphic designer (the way i see it.)

yea...i forgot that they do the 03 thing with it. lol

Trust me, it's frustrating as hell for us too - I remember when we could build patches and release them the next day, allowing us to react very fast to whatever problems were encountered and quickly helping out if something went wrong. Now, for a million reasons, everything takes eternities before it gets from us to you.

Thx for letting us know about the patch!
i kinda understand where you r coming from. you get one thing fixed and another pops up. if im not getting it feel free to correct me. lol thx again for the hard work!
Posted By: marcusdavidus Re: Next patch - 06/01/10 10:59 PM
any plans to fix lvl 30 god mode issue ? cuz after u hit magic 30 ur invicible and is borring when baal make u around 10 damage and some fixes to random generator was be nice too i dont want say anything but magic trader in captil got 25 bigest poison recipes and 25 bigest str etc lool
Posted By: Riona Re: Next patch - 06/01/10 11:08 PM
idk if they fixed that in the patch but u can only hope
Posted By: Lurene Re: Next patch - 07/01/10 12:34 AM
If we patch, will we need to start a new game? My version is 1.0.12.... The patcher says no new patches.
Posted By: Kein Re: Next patch - 07/01/10 01:20 AM

So? As I said - it's in-game version, not the patch one. For example, patch 1.02 was for 1.0.13.xx and after installation of that patch is still was 1.0.13.xx
Posted By: Riona Re: Next patch - 07/01/10 01:37 AM

So? As I said - it's in-game version, not the patch one. For example, patch 1.02 was for 1.0.13.xx and after installation of that patch is still was 1.0.13.xx

i agree. i may not know much about how people design games but there will always be an update in the beginning. or atleast for the newer games like this one. ^_^

cant wait for the fix patch to come out! im just so excited!!!
Posted By: reaver894 Re: Next patch - 07/01/10 02:46 PM
what is this patch then?

http://tinyurl.com/y92lrbj

or this one

http://www.gamershell.com/news_89086.html

sorry if im being a dumbass
Posted By: Openedge1 Re: Next patch - 07/01/10 03:14 PM
@reaver894
You can tell which patch it is by the "size". If the patch is 12+ mb, then it is the US only version of the patch. Since all of the fixes have been incorporated into the US version, the patch is small to fix a shutdown issue (from the information I have read).
Those with other versions (I got burned and was sent the International version and not the US version...but got it for 10 bucks less from GoGamer) need to wait for a different patch (guaranteed to be much larger, I am guessing 100+MB like the German patch)
Really hate this.
Posted By: reaver894 Re: Next patch - 07/01/10 03:41 PM
Ah so thats the US patch, I see
Posted By: KraczyKruk Re: Next patch - 07/01/10 05:56 PM

Then it's a good news because my version of D2 still need some bug fixing. Is this new patch will be available on larian.com for all language versions? Or do I need to look for it on my distributor's website?
Posted By: Raze Re: Next patch - 07/01/10 09:39 PM

I don't know if Larian will host all the language patch versions themselves (probably not), but they will announce at least the English/German/French patches in the relevant forums, and have links to all of them on the D2:ED support page.
Posted By: Riona Re: Next patch - 07/01/10 10:06 PM
i guess we r still waiting? well i hope they tell us when its released cuz i really would like to play soon
Posted By: Kein Re: Next patch - 08/01/10 01:07 AM
Yes, we are. Larian will announce their next and - hopefully - last megapatch soon.
Posted By: Riona Re: Next patch - 08/01/10 01:28 AM
good to hear. lets just pray that there will be no more major issues after the patch.
Posted By: Lar_q Re: Next patch - 08/01/10 10:25 AM
Hello all,

As promised, here's the status update on the patches:

-It looks like the patches for the non-US versions won't be released today. I just got word from DTP QA that they're still working on verifying every single version that's out there with this patch. As long as that hasn't happened, they can't release it.

-A patch has also been submitted for the Xbox360 savegame bug. It now needs to go through Microsoft testing before it can be released.

Lar

Posted By: Joram Re: Next patch - 08/01/10 10:35 AM
Hello all,

-It looks like the patches for the non-US versions won't be released today. I just got word from DTP QA that they're still working on verifying every single version that's out there with this patch. As long as that hasn't happened, they can't release it.

-A patch has also been submitted for the Xbox360 savegame bug. It now needs to go through Microsoft testing before it can be released.

Lar

??? Savegame bug by Xbox360??? Don't have seen nothing like this and played whole the game! think

But there're 2 bugs from the same kind: after a dialog conversation the viddeoscene don't load, so a never ending loadingscreen follows!
1) after Farglow, dialog with Rhode!
2) after dialog with Arthur Gremory in the Imp lair in Orobas Fjords ...

Both I SKIPP the dialogs and the video starts nice!

But I hope they fix these 2 bugs also? wink
Posted By: DivineGamer Re: Next patch - 08/01/10 11:38 AM
Hello all,

Lar

So there will be two patches for Xbox 360?
Save bug and the first one announced.
Or is that just one big patch?

Just want a clarification please Larian!
It was never really clear imo.

@Joram theres a save bug in the US Version.
Posted By: knote32 Re: Next patch - 08/01/10 12:55 PM
So the US patch is out today? 360?

I'm confused...:)
Posted By: Greever Re: Next patch - 08/01/10 01:08 PM

No. The patches for the non-US versions are to bring the non-US versions up to level with the US version. The US version already has the fixes and features of that patch.

The US version will get a minor patch to fix the savegame bug though.

Hope this clears it up.
Posted By: Eskarina Re: Next patch - 08/01/10 01:20 PM

Neeeeeeeeeeeeeeeed patch FR 1.03....go work for larian studios....:/
Posted By: DivineGamer Re: Next patch - 08/01/10 01:24 PM
Originally Posted by Greever

No. The patches for the non-US versions are to bring the non-US versions up to level with the US version. The US version already has the fixes and features of that patch.

The US version will get a minor patch to fix the savegame bug though.

Hope this clears it up.

So when is the Non-Us Version Xbox 360 Patch coming out?
Has it been sent to Microsoft?
Posted By: KnightPT Re: Next patch - 08/01/10 03:48 PM
Dunno if its posted in another place (havent found it yet), but here is a copy/paste from RPGwatch where our good friend Lar writes a lot of important stuff:

Hi everybody,

I just wanted to throw in my 2 cents about this as I saw a lot of flak thrown at us and this is one of the sites I visit every day, I wanted to react:

No save-games in demo - I admit that was a mistake. The original reasoning was that we couldn't provide compatibility between the demo savegames and the full game and therefore it was deactivated. I'd like to rectify that, but I dont' want to bother QA at this point until they've done with the patch testing.

Patches - all I can say is that the bloody things have been there since November, but the process of getting them released is just really slow. The problem is that they need to test it against every single version, which due to the advent of online distribution has risen to over 40. Doesn't help you, doesn't help us, and we're just biting our nails out of sheer frustration while we're waiting.

Save-game location - if I'm not mistaking, the location comes from some specification document we got, which is also why you'll see some other games put it there. I actually agree that it's not an ideal place, but nobody stood still during development and reflected on it.

Windows 7 - the game was developed while Windows 7 wasn't out yet and we checked it on beta versions. The one thing that's really important is that the DX9 drivers are installed on Windows 7 (they are not included).

Game tanking - it's actually doing quite well. It's been charting in most territories, with top 3 positions taken in both Russia and Germany and entered at 6 on Steam in the US.

Securom - Larian's official attitude on copy protection is that it's a waste of time, but unfortunately publishers don't agree with that view. We learnt our lesson with Beyond Divinity which is why we stripped the copy protection for that in the form of a patch, and the remastered Divinity versions don't have any copy protection (at least none that we put on it). Still, for a copy protection system, we aren't seeing a lot of issues with Securom.

DivDiv remaster - the digital distribution versions have been updated to handle the issues that were reported.

On another note, I think it really sucks that some people have issues with the game, considering the insane amount of time and resources spent on QA. PC wise it's just impossible to cover all bases and we only shipped when no reproducible game breaking or blocking bugs were signalled by at least 4 companies involved in the QA process. On PC a lot of the issues we are seeing are OS/HW/Driver related or "some piece of software installed" related. We're fixing everything we manage to reproduce, but of course, it doesn't help that those patches aren't out yet. I know that doesn't help for the people who are encountering issues, but we really are pushing as hard as we can for getting them out there.

http://www.rpgwatch.com/forums/showthread.php?t=9510&page=3

Posted By: knote32 Re: Next patch - 08/01/10 03:48 PM
So let me get this straight, The US 360 version is going to get another huge patch, correct?

The US, Xbox 360 version of this game is not playable. Freezes, Glitches, etc, etc, etc... I pop it in sometimes just to see how long I can play, without it dying on me... I once got to play it for 3 ENTIRE MINUTES!!! It was BLISS...

Quite frankly with Stephen A Smith I am amazed that a game in this day and age can be released in this state. Two Worlds 2.0...
Posted By: Libertarian Re: Next patch - 08/01/10 04:46 PM
I've played through about 75% of the US Xbox 360 release without any freezing or issues that break the game.

And I only got 20% or so into Two Worlds until it started to break on me. And that game was trash.

Two Worlds 2.0? You're delusional.
Posted By: Joram Re: Next patch - 08/01/10 04:59 PM
DivDiv remaster - the digital distribution versions have been updated to handle the issues that were reported.

What does this mean?? I'm curious!
Is it about Divine Divinity?
Is there a brand new version of this, for me, most great Larian game I ever played? That will be a great thing laugh

Sometimes I still play DD grin, but some little bugs on my version smirk maybe solved now at all ? ...

Posted By: knote32 Re: Next patch - 08/01/10 05:28 PM
Consider yourself lucky, Far and few between.

Delusional? That is laughable.

I have no reason to lie to you. The game is every bit as broken as TW. Glitches galore...

The 2 minutes that I do get to play is quite fun though, I might add.
Posted By: Openedge1 Re: Next patch - 08/01/10 05:37 PM
@knote32
Please note my Xfire profile. I have logged over 30+ hours without any MAJOR issues.
http://www.xfire.com/profile/openedge1/

Do not get me wrong. I have the International English version, and there are concerns over how some things were handled (and I am still upset that there is no patch to help alleviate my concerns), but to think this is Two Worlds 2.0 is hilarious and not true at all.
If anything you need to look to your PC first as the culprit here, as I can attest that over 30 hours of gaming and no major game breaking bugs preventing me from playing, seems like a good game to me. Two Worlds was not good.

I hope you figure out your computers issues, because I am not having this problem.

Good luck.
Posted By: Del Re: Next patch - 08/01/10 05:50 PM
I can't find any reference to the following patch 1.03 US:

http://www.fileshack.com/file.x/16355/Divinity+2+-+Ego+Draconis+Patch+1.03+-+US?rss

Is this for the US retail DVD-PC version? Is there a list of fixes somewhere? Thanks.
Posted By: knote32 Re: Next patch - 08/01/10 06:02 PM
That's the thing... It's the US Xbox 360 version... Not the PC. Never had any issues with any other game...(Except Two Worlds of course);)

It is very similar to Two Worlds, because just like Two Worlds, I can't even play it...
Posted By: Raze Re: Next patch - 08/01/10 06:08 PM

The (relatively small) patch for the North American PC DVD version was to fix a hanging problem a few people encountered when exiting the game.
Posted By: Libertarian Re: Next patch - 08/01/10 07:12 PM
Originally Posted by knote32
Consider yourself lucky, Far and few between.

Delusional? That is laughable.

I have no reason to lie to you. The game is every bit as broken as TW. Glitches galore...

The 2 minutes that I do get to play is quite fun though, I might add.

Every bit as broken as TW? That's a fallacy.
Posted By: MrBeez Re: Next patch - 08/01/10 08:11 PM
oh god i hope this patch will let me actually get further than clicking 'new game' before crashing.
frown
the game looks so good and I've never gotten to play it!
Posted By: Del Re: Next patch - 08/01/10 08:17 PM
Originally Posted by Raze

The (relatively small) patch for the North American PC DVD version was to fix a hanging problem a few people encountered when exiting the game.

Ok, I've had that problem. So 1.03 is for the US PC-DVD? Where does Larian Studios reference this patch?!
Posted By: Jorlen Re: Next patch - 08/01/10 08:47 PM
Originally Posted by knote32
So let me get this straight, The US 360 version is going to get another huge patch, correct?

The US, Xbox 360 version of this game is not playable. Freezes, Glitches, etc, etc, etc... I pop it in sometimes just to see how long I can play, without it dying on me... I once got to play it for 3 ENTIRE MINUTES!!! It was BLISS...

Quite frankly with Stephen A Smith I am amazed that a game in this day and age can be released in this state. Two Worlds 2.0...

Don't compare this to Two Worlds. Not even close.

I have the north american 360 version and I have had no bugs whatsoever, no crashes or freezes and I've put in 20 hours in the game. I'm not overwriting saves (new ones every time) so I am purposely avoiding the savegame bug. So zero problems in 20 hours. That's not bad I'd say.
Posted By: Riona Re: Next patch - 08/01/10 10:14 PM
hey. any chance that the large patch will bring the US version up to date on the patch for the problems (neverending loading page) as well if it isnt?

(i'm not completely sure that i have the US version even tho i bought it in the US..-_-' never know anymore)

im just curious cuz i really dont want to have to go looking for the US update cuz that is irriating and i have little time right now..><

lets hope that larien can get the patch released soon
Posted By: ElektroDragon Re: Next patch - 08/01/10 10:23 PM
I've played the US 360 version for a while now, and only had the game crash my console ONCE when entering a cellar, after doing a lot of re-loads in that session. Load up the previous save and entered the same cellar without issue. You are really overreacting.
Posted By: Zlaja Re: Next patch - 08/01/10 11:14 PM
The 360 version of Two Worlds is fully patched these days. It runs fine. It's not broken in any way. It feels like a different game than when it was first released.
Posted By: Libertarian Re: Next patch - 08/01/10 11:57 PM
I played TW fully patched a few weeks ago and it felt just as horrid as it did day one. I even used the console commands to dumb down its graphics in hope that it'd run better, and it really didn't run much better.
Posted By: Willlem Re: Next patch - 09/01/10 12:07 AM
Yeah, and Zlaja is talking about the 360 version and you are talking about console commands on your pc...
Posted By: Zlaja Re: Next patch - 09/01/10 12:27 AM
I played TW fully patched a few weeks ago and it felt just as horrid as it did day one. I even used the console commands to dumb down its graphics in hope that it'd run better, and it really didn't run much better.

If you think it plays the same as it did on day one then you either didn't play it on day one or you just forgot how the game ran back then. And calling the game "broken" is false. It doesn't run as good as one would want but it ain't broken. Unlike a certain game that's being discussed here a lot.

Originally Posted by Willlem
Yeah, and Zlaja is talking about the 360 version and you are talking about console commands on your pc...

There're some console commands on 360 as well.
Posted By: Chimeray Re: Next patch - 09/01/10 01:37 AM
So far I've encountered the usual 'keep on loading' screen at the very beginning.
And I had a crash, but that was due to RROD.
I'm halfway through the game and thus far, no glitches/bugs I can remember o.O

I'm playing the 360 EU Version. The only noticable thing is that it kinda stutters a bit, but other than that it's buttery-smooth.
Maybe some people in here are just terribly unlucky smirk
Posted By: marcusdavidus Re: Next patch - 09/01/10 02:00 AM
on my version infinite loading is in one place always
when u first go to that semi boss who is dragon speak mind read him and end conversation than go to hs chamber and open his chest go to him take scaless and make him become human , if he will kill u on first arrow and u got only auto save before he is turned in to human and u try to load it game will go in loop. u need close game from windows and start game again u will b able to load that save
but if u die again same shiet need restart game or just make save after hes already human that one loads without problem. 2 times i play d2 and 2 tims the same spot the same bug so i can say is repetable
Posted By: DivineGamer Re: Next patch - 09/01/10 09:59 AM

No you can use console commands on the xbox version.

Anyway how did this turn into a Two Worlds thread?
Posted By: Zomgnome Re: Next patch - 09/01/10 11:41 AM
Now then, its 2010 now... WHEREZ DAT PATCH smile? Still playing with the QA teams?
Posted By: Gimmy Re: Next patch - 10/01/10 11:06 AM
For my language (ITA) when patch is released, i download using Auto Update, and work ? True ?

Thanks
Posted By: Libertarian Re: Next patch - 10/01/10 05:44 PM
Originally Posted by Zlaja

If you think it plays the same as it did on day one then you either didn't play it on day one or you just forgot how the game ran back then. And calling the game "broken" is false. It doesn't run as good as one would want but it ain't broken. Unlike a certain game that's being discussed here a lot.

There're some console commands on 360 as well.

Nope, pre-ordered and purchased the day it released.

And yes, I played it a few weeks ago.

And the game is broken. It has many, upon many, breaking glitches, and the framerate is absolutely abysmal. It chugs when you walk, when you run, when you do anything. And as you do "anything", the pop-in is horrid. The animations are even worse than Divinity. Combat sucks. Voice acting sucks something fierce.

Two Worlds is the biggest load of shovelware in RPGs today. Reality Pump is a joke.
Hi, I am trying to find out for definate sure what version my copy of DIVINITY 2 EGO DRACONIS is,
I bought it at retail from WALMART, in the US.
I can find no where on/in the game manual or the game itself that info.
thanks
^When you open the game look at the lower right corner of the menu.
Originally Posted by telenamerek
Hi, I am trying to find out for definate sure what version my copy of DIVINITY 2 EGO DRACONIS is,
I bought it at retail from WALMART, in the US.
I can find no where on/in the game manual or the game itself that info.
thanks

First off, Walmart means US version, so the most recently updated game. The difference I have been told between the US and the International version is if you have your game in a BOX and not a DVD holder (like the size of the box movies come in), then it is US.
Does that make sense?

My case is the size that a movie DVD case is, thus I have the International version.

Of course, the only other way to tell is to load it up, and see what version it is.

Good luck
Posted By: Zlaja Re: Next patch - 10/01/10 10:41 PM
Nope, pre-ordered and purchased the day it released.

And yes, I played it a few weeks ago.

And the game is broken. It has many, upon many, breaking glitches, and the framerate is absolutely abysmal. It chugs when you walk, when you run, when you do anything. And as you do "anything", the pop-in is horrid. The animations are even worse than Divinity. Combat sucks. Voice acting sucks something fierce.

Two Worlds is the biggest load of shovelware in RPGs today. Reality Pump is a joke.

The game is not broken. I didn't experience any game-breaking glitches the last time I completed it. The pop-in is indeed very bad but the game does not chug as bad as you described it. And who the hell said anything about the combat, animations and voice acting? We're not discussing TW as a whole. I never said the game was good.
Posted By: Libertarian Re: Next patch - 11/01/10 12:27 AM
Yes, the game does have an awful framerate that chugs along. It's even worse than I was describing.

And many of the quests are bugged.
Posted By: Zlaja Re: Next patch - 11/01/10 03:09 AM
It's even worse than I was describing.

Nope.(I played it in 720p, btw)

And many of the quests are bugged.

More like a few. Which is bad enough, of course.
Posted By: wily-weasel Re: Next patch - 11/01/10 03:42 AM
Any word on the next patch's progress by chance?
Posted By: Riona Re: Next patch - 11/01/10 12:59 PM
well i have the US version and it still has the same glitches as u guys with the never ending loading screen glitch and probably has a few others that i havent even gotten a chance to encounter..-_-'

i just hope this mega patch will cover the issues in the US version as well, EVEN IF IT IS UP TO DATE.
Posted By: GoldyLocks Re: Next patch - 12/01/10 05:07 AM

Lar,

As an old fan of Larians, as with everything new that comes out it will have bugs, but take your time with the patch and make sure it covers the issues people are having. Even with the issues it is by far the least bug ridden game released in the US that I can think of.

Yes I have had a few bugs myself. Skill trainer not working when I choice a skill to upgrade is the worst of them.
Posted By: Gimmy Re: Next patch - 12/01/10 02:23 PM
... And another patch is out... 1.03. But, only for EN-SPA-FR. I wait... anymore, i hope to 1.04.
Posted By: Openedge1 Re: Next patch - 12/01/10 02:26 PM
Originally Posted by Gimmy
... And another patch is out... 1.03. But, only for EN-SPA-FR. I wait... anymore, i hope to 1.04.

And where did you find THAT patch please?
Posted By: Nastilon Re: Next patch - 12/01/10 02:27 PM
I hope 1.04 removes heat seeking arrows smirk

Posted By: Gimmy Re: Next patch - 12/01/10 03:19 PM
Originally Posted by Openedge1

For 1.03
http://www.fileshack.com/file.x/16355/Divinity+2+-+Ego+Draconis+Patch+1.03+-+US

For 1.04... i hope to release...
wink
Posted By: Openedge1 Re: Next patch - 12/01/10 03:40 PM

For 1.03
http://www.fileshack.com/file.x/16355/Divinity+2+-+Ego+Draconis+Patch+1.03+-+US

For 1.04... i hope to release...
wink

No, that is ONLY the USA version released January 5th. It does NOT work on the English "International" version. I really doubt it works for FR and SPA as well, seeing the file says US at the end.

I was all excited when I thought it was a new patch.
Posted By: DivineGamer Re: Next patch - 12/01/10 05:39 PM
Thats for US not for EN-SPA-FR!!!
Posted By: LordFess Re: Next patch - 12/01/10 05:52 PM
On the next patch I would like them to make it so I can give my creature a name...
Posted By: KnightPT Re: Next patch - 14/01/10 01:53 AM
I just know you'll release the patch on the same day as Mass effect 2 just to make me lose valuable sleep hours trying to play both the games, amiright?

blast you...
Posted By: ingo Re: Next patch - 14/01/10 03:57 AM
guys waiting for the patch, dont hold your breath. It will be at least 2 more weeks, as it always takes a month or two or even four for a patch to be released.
Posted By: KnightPT Re: Next patch - 14/01/10 10:16 AM
Originally Posted by ingo
guys waiting for the patch, dont hold your breath. It will be at least 2 more weeks, as it always takes a month or two or even four for a patch to be released.

Do you know this patch is already done for at least 1 month? just read the whole thread. Larian is just waiting the final stages of QA testing.
Posted By: dtp Betty Re: Next patch - 14/01/10 10:36 AM
We will be relaseing the patch 1.03 by tomorrow.
Posted By: Riona Re: Next patch - 14/01/10 01:08 PM
Originally Posted by dtp Betty

seriously?!?! sweet! i hope ur right!!
Posted By: ricard12 Re: Next patch - 14/01/10 01:15 PM
I hope the 360 patch fixes the problem I have with the game not being recognised by my profile/Gamertag,so far I haven`t had any other problems save wise,I work with 3 saves,overwriting the oldest one,and saving a lot.
Posted By: DivineGamer Re: Next patch - 14/01/10 04:49 PM

Any news on the X360 Patch?
For Non-US?
Posted By: Libertarian Re: Next patch - 14/01/10 05:12 PM

Wooo, love you guys!

headbanging
Posted By: ingo Re: Next patch - 14/01/10 05:41 PM
Originally Posted by ingo

Do you know this patch is already done for at least 1 month? just read the whole thread. Larian is just waiting the final stages of QA testing.

Yes, I do. But the QA testing usually takes 1-4 months.
Posted By: KnightPT Re: Next patch - 14/01/10 11:20 PM
Thank you! Say hi to beauty lynn!

Posted By: Riona Re: Next patch - 15/01/10 02:19 AM
hey...any idea if the patch would work on US version? (i think i have US anyway...lol)
Posted By: dtp Betty Re: Next patch - 15/01/10 08:31 AM
hey...any idea if the patch would work on US version? (i think i have US anyway...lol)

Yes, it will.
Posted By: AlrikFassbauer Re: Next patch - 15/01/10 12:09 PM
Interestingly, people also said that the game of "Drakensang" was "broken".

And that, despite it was the most bugfree release many people have seen in *ages* !
Posted By: Riona Re: Next patch - 15/01/10 01:09 PM

Yes, it will.

SWEET!!!! I LOVE U GUYS SO MUCH!! NO WONDER I LOVE U JUST AS MUCH AS BLIZZARD!!! ^_^
Posted By: Alondrix Re: Next patch - 15/01/10 01:33 PM
I purchased from GoGamer and they sent me the International release. Not that I wanted it, I live in the US and would have preferred the US version. Anyhow, the game installs to v. 1.0.13.67 and the current US 1.03 will not install on this.

You folks are talking about a patch for the version I have, right? Not real clear from all the discussion going on.
Posted By: Openedge1 Re: Next patch - 15/01/10 02:33 PM
Originally Posted by Alondrix
I purchased from GoGamer and they sent me the International release. Not that I wanted it, I live in the US and would have preferred the US version. Anyhow, the game installs to v. 1.0.13.67 and the current US 1.03 will not install on this.

You folks are talking about a patch for the version I have, right? Not real clear from all the discussion going on.

I can answer that...YES!

Very excited. Now, just WHEN is it going to be released...

(UPDATE: HERE it is folks...HOORAY! (why they posted there, I do not know) http://www.larian.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=401473#Post401473)
Posted By: allstyles Re: Next patch - 15/01/10 03:22 PM
is this patch for the 360 too??
Posted By: DivineGamer Re: Next patch - 15/01/10 04:06 PM
Sadly No.
DTP and Larian dont seem to be updating the X360 Non-US Patch status.
I msg Betty and shes read it but not replied smirk
Posted By: BartucTheBloody Re: Next patch - 15/01/10 11:13 PM
Is this 1.03 patch going to work for the DVD box size 1.0.12 version? PC version?
Posted By: Raze Re: Next patch - 15/01/10 11:23 PM

Yes.
Posted By: BartucTheBloody Re: Next patch - 15/01/10 11:27 PM
Do I pick the English, Italian, Spanish(plus US) Patch 1.03?
Posted By: Raze Re: Next patch - 15/01/10 11:32 PM

Yes, that correct patch version for an English DVD release.
Posted By: joshipoo Re: Next patch - 15/01/10 11:34 PM
Hey, i have a problem when i switch it to my highest resolution. My screen just turns all black. Can this fix it?
Posted By: BartucTheBloody Re: Next patch - 15/01/10 11:40 PM
Alright downloading now
Posted By: Raze Re: Next patch - 15/01/10 11:47 PM

No, at least one person with this problem reported that that patch didn't help (and AFAIK that wasn't on the list of fixes): Black screen for preferred resolutions. There are a couple other topics with suggestions that may help, if you haven't seen them already.
Posted By: Alondrix Re: Next patch - 16/01/10 02:53 AM

No, sorry you have that wrong. Dungeon Lords owns that distinction hands down. Two Worlds is a polished gem in comparison to that.

BTW - thanks for the 1.03 patch Larian. Disappointed that I have to start over, but better than no patch.
Posted By: SheaOhmsford Re: Next patch - 16/01/10 03:19 AM

No, sorry you have that wrong. Dungeon Lords owns that distinction hands down. Two Worlds is a polished gem in comparison to that.

No frickin joke...I followed that game from announce to release, played it, and oh my god, it sucked. I spent a lot of time on it though, because I just kept sayin "Self, nothing can be this bad, it has to get better"...but it didn't...

Dungeon Lords ---> rpg007 rpg008 <---- Me grin
Posted By: Libertarian Re: Next patch - 16/01/10 03:31 AM
Dungeon Lords was pretty awful. I even got the steel booklet version. frown
It was still better than Two Worlds, though.
Posted By: Riona Re: Next patch - 16/01/10 04:13 AM

I can answer that...YES!

Very excited. Now, just WHEN is it going to be released...

(UPDATE: HERE it is folks...HOORAY! (why they posted there, I do not know) http://www.larian.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=401473#Post401473)

is that really the patch?!?!?! seriously?!?!
Posted By: BartucTheBloody Re: Next patch - 16/01/10 05:24 AM
Alright, for reference, I am in the US, downloaded the 406 mb patch and went from version 1.0.12.52 to 1.3.13.100. The tech who posted the patch said we might need to restart, but I loaded and played and then saved again with no problems. Hope that helps someone.
Posted By: ACSS Re: Next patch - 16/01/10 06:53 AM
Originally Posted by BartucTheBloody
Do I pick the English, Italian, Spanish(plus US) Patch 1.03?

Best way is to run the build in updater, and check on the file size of the patch its downloading. Then you can be sure of which patch you actually need.

BTW - thanks for the 1.03 patch Larian. Disappointed that I have to start over, but better than no patch.

I just patched the game and I can see some differences from my save game and there no restart needed. I load my final battle save, and my dual wield melee really so "cone" aoe damage to those in front. Even my thousand strike take others down when I 1 hit ko divine with it.
Posted By: purgatori Re: Next patch - 16/01/10 11:35 AM
What about the Xbox???
Posted By: Riona Re: Next patch - 16/01/10 02:41 PM
ok..i did the update...started a new game and i still have never ending screen... so idk...i had all the settings on lowest possible...
Posted By: Damonkal Re: Next patch - 16/01/10 05:39 PM
Same it is rough buying a new game and having it unplayable for weeks or months.
Posted By: Riona Re: Next patch - 17/01/10 03:30 AM
oh well...could be my video card and i wouldnt kno..but im not going to go out and buy a new video/graphic card just for this game...just sad cuz i loved the first one. oh well...guess ill hold onto it.
Posted By: wily-weasel Re: Next patch - 17/01/10 05:25 PM
Any word on the uber patch release by chance?
Posted By: DivineGamer Re: Next patch - 17/01/10 07:26 PM
Its out!
Check the Technical Forums.
Posted By: dirtyburritt Re: Next patch - 18/01/10 10:48 PM
WHAT ABOUT THE SAVE/LOADING ISSUES? I.E. SAVE CONTENT AND WHEN YOU GO TO LOAD AFTER DYING OR JUST LOADING IT EITHER TAKES YOU TO DIFFERENT LOCATION OR FREEZES COMPLETLY WITH THE BLOOD RED SCREEN. THAT IS THE BIGGEST ISSUE FOR ME.
© Larian Studios forums