Larian Studios
Posted By: JoJoMac Who hates these graphics? - 02/01/10 03:35 AM
If they want to compete with Dragon Age, they need better graphics. Can they make a patch that deals with this? I really think if they could upgrade the graphics this game would be more of a hit, right now it is mostly people who find it and like the idea get it. Not like Dragon Age where you can see everything clearly and things look good even out of the cut scenes.

Posted By: Libertarian Re: Who hates these graphics? - 02/01/10 03:53 AM
I think the game's pretty beautiful, but it isn't technically amazing. Dragon Age isn't either, though.
Posted By: BeZ Re: Who hates these graphics? - 02/01/10 04:06 AM
Technically it's rather mediocre, but it looks nice enough in my opinion. I don't really care as long as the gameplay is enjoyable, wich it generally is.

Ain't too happy about how "well" it runs those mediocre visuals on my system though, heh.
Posted By: KnightPT Re: Who hates these graphics? - 02/01/10 04:20 AM
Originally Posted by JoJoMac
If they want to compete with Dragon Age, they need better graphics. Can they make a patch that deals with this? I really think if they could upgrade the graphics this game would be more of a hit, right now it is mostly people who find it and like the idea get it. Not like Dragon Age where you can see everything clearly and things look good even out of the cut scenes.

D2 graphics are ok, in some ways better than DA, at least from the artistical point of view.

Problem is that most people don't have machines that can handle D2 at max settings, because the engine is not realy awesomely optimized, so people compromise and scale down the graphics quality, then complain its bad. DA:O on the other hand, mostly all machines can handle it at semi-max graphics, so most people say its "beauty".

At 1920x1200, with full max graphics quality, D2 has in-fact some better reflections and less pixelization at close-ups, not mentioning the better artistical scenarios, but thats just my opinion.

Posted By: darlok86 Re: Who hates these graphics? - 02/01/10 06:10 AM
The graphics aren't much better than Drakken: The Ancients Gate and that game was made in early 2000. lol well ok it's slightly better than Drakken but still there's issues if a gaming company today who takes an extra amount of time to put a game on the market can't even pull out the kind of graphics that are on the market today. Especially with the 360 port which is what I'm playing.
Posted By: Libertarian Re: Who hates these graphics? - 02/01/10 06:31 AM
Originally Posted by darlok86
The graphics aren't much better than Drakken: The Ancients Gate and that game was made in early 2000. lol well ok it's slightly better than Drakken but still there's issues if a gaming company today who takes an extra amount of time to put a game on the market can't even pull out the kind of graphics that are on the market today. Especially with the 360 port which is what I'm playing.

Wait, wtf, you can't be serious...

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

hahaha
Posted By: Vesla Re: Who hates these graphics? - 02/01/10 07:59 AM
I think The graphics is ok in this game, i personly didnt like Dragon age so i cant compare. lets say i was one of those that played 50 hours but was stuck in loading screen for 10 of those hours so i just had it with DA
Posted By: Turambar304 Re: Who hates these graphics? - 02/01/10 09:19 AM
Yeah I really don't think their that bad either. And If it has a good story with long, immersing gameplay, then its worth a lil graphic sacrifice.
Posted By: DivineGamer Re: Who hates these graphics? - 02/01/10 10:33 AM

You really need to stop being a Graphics whore and read what your saying and evaluate it as this games looks better than Drakken and you bloody know it.
Why do all you people think Larian has lots of money and a monster company like EA Behind them?
Thats clearly not the case what so ever.
Posted By: Unreal Warfare Re: Who hates these graphics? - 02/01/10 11:34 AM
Technical issues, like frame rate and pop in, aside I think the game looks fine. It's not the best looking game on the market, but it's more than nice enough to look at. I love the artistic style.

As for it looking no better than Draken, I just had to laugh. Some people clearly have no clue whatsoever. If you're going to be a graphics whore then at least do it with some credibiity. The guy who put up an argument in comparison to Oblivion a while ago at least had a better argument.
Posted By: Lunainin Re: Who hates these graphics? - 02/01/10 11:35 AM
In general, i don't really mind the graphics, they look ok to me.
It's more or less the gameplay that lacks some extra's. (walk around with your dragon (unless its comming up later), go under water. not being stuck behind a rock if u jump over it by accident -.- etc.)
Anyway i like the game tough, it's just a small frustration sometimes wink
Posted By: Blackboot_Hugn's Re: Who hates these graphics? - 02/01/10 11:58 AM
Oh come on!
The graphics are just fine, they aren't top notch but dragon age's gfx aren't either.
I play on High setting and it looks fine, some of the cutscenes with damian's shiny armor look pretty amazing too in my opinion.
I think you should look at a game in it's whole and not just focus on one part of a game. You have to take story and gameplay in consideration, it's the experience of a game, not just the look of it. For comparison, I read some reviews of 'Avatar' in which they usually state that the graphics are good but that gameplay and controls suck, so what you have then?

grtz
Posted By: virumor Re: Who hates these graphics? - 02/01/10 01:45 PM
Art direction & gameplay > graphics
Posted By: ironcreed Re: Who hates these graphics? - 02/01/10 04:35 PM
Technically, they are a bit rough around the edges, but artistically the visuals are quite beautiful. The world itself really has a unique fantasy vibe that gives the game it's own personality. The world of Rivellon is very easy to lose yourself in, and in that regard, the game does it's job well.
Posted By: virumor Re: Who hates these graphics? - 02/01/10 06:30 PM
I was replaying Mass Effect the other day and really, the textures in that game are horrendous. The environments & levels - all copy paste, sterile & lifeless. Does this constitute good graphics?

I could say the same for Dragon Age. Why bother with such detailed body models if everything else is going to be ugly? Better to balance it out, like in Div 2.
Posted By: Libertarian Re: Who hates these graphics? - 02/01/10 06:34 PM
Yeah, Mass Effect 2 is gorgeous and Mass Effect 1 also looks pretty good, but it has some lacking areas thanks to the UE3. It seems they've overcome the issues with the sequel, though. We shall see. Can't wait for the 26th.

I don't think either game is ugly. I do feel that Dragon Age is missing something, though, and I adore the game. It's very bland graphically. Nothing really pops. I think the environments in Divinity II are much brighter and "pop" better.
Posted By: JoJoMac Re: Who hates these graphics? - 02/01/10 06:47 PM
I agree, the graphics are fine, but not revolutionary like it seemed they were trying to get at. Can they patch it up to make the graphics look better? I think we can't call this a Demon Soul, you know how it is revolutionary and everything.
Posted By: Libertarian Re: Who hates these graphics? - 02/01/10 06:58 PM
I agree, the graphics are fine, but not revolutionary like it seemed they were trying to get at. Can they patch it up to make the graphics look better? I think we can't call this a Demon Soul, you know how it is revolutionary and everything.

Other than the online infrastructure that allows you to see other players "souls" and write messages on the environment to warn others of danger ahead, nothing about Demon's Souls is "revolutionary". It's very much a Japanese take on the CRPG.
Posted By: JoJoMac Re: Who hates these graphics? - 02/01/10 07:13 PM
Your right I guess, but it is hard for me at least to love this game without some good graphics, could they change them up in a patch? Also, I play on a HD TV is there a way to upgrade the graphics like put it to high? Maybe I'm not getting the full picture because of that.
Posted By: ironcreed Re: Who hates these graphics? - 02/01/10 07:27 PM
Your right I guess, but it is hard for me at least to love this game without some good graphics, could they change them up in a patch? Also, I play on a HD TV is there a way to upgrade the graphics like put it to high? Maybe I'm not getting the full picture because of that.

No, there will be no patches that will alter the graphics, lol. Hopefully they will release one that will clean up a few of the freezing and game save issues some are having, though.

Seriously, try viewing the game from an artistic and fantasy perspective. Beyond that, try to focus on the gameplay and getting immersed into the world. Underneath a few technical hiccups, the core of the game here is extremely solid and the world has a wonderful fantasy setting.
Posted By: Kein Re: Who hates these graphics? - 02/01/10 07:39 PM

Umm.. lol?
I thought it is pretty obvious that D2 gfx is much better.
Hm... I guess you need a new display since you didn't notice such obvious thing. LCD one with good matrix and fov.
Posted By: Raze Re: Who hates these graphics? - 02/01/10 08:44 PM

There is a third party texture mod for the PC version of D2:ED, if you don't mind the download size (1GB).
Posted By: JoJoMac Re: Who hates these graphics? - 02/01/10 09:14 PM
I have an xbox 360, computer is never good enough for these games. So can I put the quality up a little bit?
Posted By: JoJoMac Re: Who hates these graphics? - 02/01/10 09:16 PM
I haven't change it and I have a fujitsu plasmavision. Maybe I just need to put it to high quality? Or do change the HD setting.
Posted By: kesayo Re: Who hates these graphics? - 02/01/10 09:21 PM
DAO has better graphics in my opinion, but D2 graphics aren't so bad that it ruines the experience for me. When I play a game, the graphics do have to be above a certain threshold for me to enjoy it. But as long as it's above that threshold, whether or not it's better or worse than other games really doesn't bother me as much.

D2 and DAO are both well above threshold for me.
But right now I'm enjoying D2 way more than DAO because it's much less linear and has true 3 dimensional freedom of movement. In my opinion, that more than makes up for the graphics.

Edit: also the armor in DAO is some of the ugliest I've seen.
Posted By: Fashtas Re: Who hates these graphics? - 02/01/10 09:42 PM
When I played the demo, the second I was plonked down in the game world my immediate reaction was "Wow these graphics are TERRIBLE! I must have the game set up incorrectly"

However after setting everything to high, largest res I can support etc, it made no difference. The game was fun, and I finished it, but there was always the nagging voice in my head whinging about the off putting graphics... Why was this? So I looked again....

- The color palette is uniformly dull, green and brown, and brown. Your armor throughout the game will always be brown
- No anti-aliasing, or anti-aliasing turning itself off after it is set up. My main character "sparkles" as they animate at rest due to jagged model edges, and the self shadowing looks like a stairway. As you walk towards complex items, like barrels,, they sparkle like a Christmas tree
- Plants (Small, bushes) self shadow/shadow TERRIBLY with light and dark patches in incorrect places. Their parts billboard individually so as you move past them they swivel oddly. Also textures are too low res.
- Plants (tiny, grass) does not have any shadows or shading, (or rather bad shading) so looks unnatural, also animates too fast
- Plants (Large, Trees) Leaf textures are too small, add anti-aliasing issues and they look terribly ragged. Trunks are ok. Just the leaves (They also billboard badly)
- very low view distance and close fogging washes out anything a small distance away from the avatar, making the dull colors duller.

Each of these issues your mind will subconsciously pick up as "wrong" even if you don't think you notice it. Overall, it gives a poor impression.

The textures otherwise are very detailed (armor, items in game, walls and rocks.)
Some of the nicest areas (IMHO) are in the later part of the game, the dungeons filled with greenery, the extra color and better lighting helps a lot there
Posted By: JoJoMac Re: Who hates these graphics? - 02/01/10 09:46 PM
How do I make the resolution better? I do agree, graphics are important to me, but it doesn't ruin the game.
Posted By: darlok86 Re: Who hates these graphics? - 02/01/10 10:33 PM
My statement of comparison to drakken while definitely far from true I'll even admit did cause reminiscing from the days of playing Drakken which is what made me state such a thing. The graphics of this game are far from anything I'd care to purchase for more than $30.00 but it is a great game story wise and I do like the scenery and such regardless of the graphics. I just don't think they are in any way revolutionary. I'm playing on a 360 and more often than not even when a game was first made for the pc and then ported over the 360 would have better graphics. But no I'm not a graphics whore this is just a THREAD ABOUT THE GRAPHICS. So those of you complaining about us complaining about the graphics need to get your panties out of a bunch and go to another thread. You don't need to argue how great the story and such is and that that makes it worth it regardless of graphics. This is just a thread about graphics(hello read the thread title).
Posted By: Unreal Warfare Re: Who hates these graphics? - 02/01/10 10:40 PM
You don't need to argue how great the story and such is and that that makes it worth it regardless of graphics.

People aren't arguing this. They're arguing that it isn't as bad as some people are making it out to be.

There's two sides to every coin so if you don't want to see the other side don't flip it.
Posted By: DivineGamer Re: Who hates these graphics? - 02/01/10 10:49 PM
I'm playing on a 360 and more often than not even when a game was first made for the pc and then ported over the 360 would have better graphics. .

Since when.
PC games ported to Xbox 360.
Always have the worst graphics.
PC Versions will always have better regardless If its a port.
Posted By: Unreal Warfare Re: Who hates these graphics? - 02/01/10 10:55 PM
Originally Posted by DivineGamer
Since when.
PC games ported to Xbox 360.
Always have the worst graphics.
PC Versions will always have better regardless If its a port.

Yeah, I have yet to see a PC game ported to Xbox 360 that looks better than the PC game using high res textures.
Posted By: Libertarian Re: Who hates these graphics? - 02/01/10 11:08 PM
If you wanted better graphics, then you shouldn't be buying a game on 5 year old fixed hardware (ie: Xbox 360).
Posted By: Unreal Warfare Re: Who hates these graphics? - 02/01/10 11:16 PM
Originally Posted by Libertarian
If you wanted better graphics, then you shouldn't be buying a game on 5 year old fixed hardware (ie: Xbox 360).

Got to agree here. The Xbox 360 is pretty dated now, which is usual for consoles anyway.
Posted By: Libertarian Re: Who hates these graphics? - 02/01/10 11:38 PM
Originally Posted by Unreal Warfare

Got to agree here. The Xbox 360 is pretty dated now, which is usual for consoles anyway.

Yup, I love the Xbox 360 and its games, but it's getting older hardware wise. I still think the games look nice generally (Alan Wake looks freaking phenomenal), but I'm not a huge graphics whore. They're an added bonus, imo.
Posted By: Jorlen Re: Who hates these graphics? - 02/01/10 11:54 PM
The xbox 360 might be old hardware, but it's still quite capable of delivering some great graphics. Take Fallout 3 for example (uses Gamebryo same engine as D2), which I found absolutely amazing (art style, graphics I mean, other than the game itself) and runs really well on the 360. Borderlands is another example of a great looking 360 game (although I'm sure some would disagree) and it proves that consoles despite their age, have a few years left yet.

But yeah, there has been some harsh statements made as to how Divinity 2 looks. Although nothing mind blowing, I think people tend to exaggerate. I actually really enjoy D2's art style and if the engine were polished and some textures fleshed out, it has the potential to look amazing.

Posted By: PseronWyrd Re: Who hates these graphics? - 03/01/10 01:44 AM
I have no patience for "flashy graphics" if they have no style. Take Morrowind: I would rather explore Vvardenfell than Cyrodiil. Why? Because Vvardenfell was created with style.

My opinion is that Divinity 2's graphics are better than Dragon Age's graphics. But I also think that both games have graphics that are perfectly acceptable.

When all is said and done I will play an interesting game before I play a graphically advanced game.
Posted By: Savan Re: Who hates these graphics? - 03/01/10 03:24 PM
I don't think the graphics are top notch but i still think they have done a good job with D2. I think that it's quite beautiful. I can't really beat the graphics down because the game play is wonderful. I have an artistic eye and I see great beauty in D2. The feel of true fantasy really shines through in my POV.
Posted By: AudioEpics Re: Who hates these graphics? - 07/01/10 12:13 PM
I play on 360 and I agree that the design is great while the technical aspects (aliasing etc.) are somewhat lacking when it comes to perfect presentation, but on the other hand, movement is very fluent in this game. It never feels cumbersome, you can easily run around in large areas and never have the screen pause to show a "Loading Area..." like in so many games. On the down side, you get these dividing horizontal lines in the screen when moving around quickly... I don't know what the technical term is for those, isn't it "tearing" or "tracking" or something like that?
Posted By: Unreal Warfare Re: Who hates these graphics? - 07/01/10 12:20 PM
It's called screen tearing.
Posted By: WabeWalker Re: Who hates these graphics? - 07/01/10 12:23 PM
On the PC it's beautiful.
Posted By: Jorlen Re: Who hates these graphics? - 07/01/10 04:52 PM
It's called screen tearing.

Yeah and it's becoming more and more fequent as consoles age. It's especially bad on games that are ported from PC to 360. If it were corrected, frame rate would plummet, so that's why developers don't do it.

On PCs you can just enable vsync and be done with it. A lot of people don't see or notice tearing but as an ex-pc gamer, I notice it and it really bugs me. Nothing I can do, it's a trade off of using consoles VS PC, and it's in a lot of games (most games I've played lately actually), not only Divinity II. I tolerate it because I can no longer tolerace PC gaming.

Here's an example of what happens.

[Linked Image]
Posted By: MonkeyLungs Re: Who hates these graphics? - 07/01/10 06:36 PM
I really like the graphics in Divinity II. The world building is fantastic. The forest feels like a forest and there is much to explore. I think the graphics are much better than another big name RPG I have played recently but I prefer world building to character models.
Posted By: marcusdavidus Re: Who hates these graphics? - 07/01/10 08:11 PM
d2 gfx is not bad but is not good too . full modet oblivion eat d2 without any problems . the graphic in d2 is "plastic" feel i dont say is bad but try the wicher enchenced edition graphic and animations are 3 times better mostly cuz is real world feel not video game feel.

btw all this xbox ppl who say that xbox got better grapgic etc buahahahahahahahahahaah
my gtx 275 eat any console like dragon eat chicken .. and will eat any console in next 5 years cuz all this ps3 xbox ar shiet good only for retards from usa who are to stupid to use pc
and if divinity dont need to be "playable" on xbox it can kick ass in graphic but now every dev make games on pc and on console in same time and only becosue of limitations of console graphic is way les than it can be on pc
Posted By: Unreal Warfare Re: Who hates these graphics? - 08/01/10 12:54 AM
Originally Posted by marcusdavidus
d2 gfx is not bad but is not good too . full modet oblivion eat d2 without any problems . the graphic in d2 is "plastic" feel i dont say is bad but try the wicher enchenced edition graphic and animations are 3 times better mostly cuz is real world feel not video game feel.

btw all this xbox ppl who say that xbox got better grapgic etc buahahahahahahahahahaah
my gtx 275 eat any console like dragon eat chicken .. and will eat any console in next 5 years cuz all this ps3 xbox ar shiet good only for retards from usa who are to stupid to use pc
and if divinity dont need to be "playable" on xbox it can kick ass in graphic but now every dev make games on pc and on console in same time and only becosue of limitations of console graphic is way les than it can be on pc

Regardless of what country you may come from, for the love of god, use a spellchecker.

Just for the record, not everyone who uses a Xbox 360 or a PS3 (not that a PS3 has any relevance here seems Divinity 2 isn't even on the PS3) is from the USA. Far from it in fact. So please don't try and label everyone as an American retard when yo quite clearly have no idea of the current userbase.

Also I find your last statement laughable. Are you saying developers should limit all their titles to PC only and make drastically less money than what they can potentially make? PC users will always get the better version, what with high res graphics packs being released, having better hardware, etc. Personally I think you're just chatting shit here.

You sound like the typical anti-console PC fanboy, one who doesn't have a clue what he's talking about, who likes to chat shit just to start a silly internet fight. What's more amusing is that no one really gives a shit what you think of other systems. It's not going to stop them from using them.

So instead of wasting your time posting such idiotic, and barely understandable, nonsense why don't you post something more constructive, and easier on the eyes instead?
Posted By: AudioEpics Re: Who hates these graphics? - 08/01/10 08:17 AM
I'm a European retard who took the step from PC to console gaming and I have to say I enjoy playing on the 360 much more than I did playing on the PC. I usually play on or in my bed (depending on how late it is) which I find a lot more relaxing than sitting hunched over a mouse & keyboard. Also, I can't afford to buy the latest & greatest PC components all the time. Now I finally know that I don't have to worry about whether my PC can handle a game or not, I can just buy it and know it will work fine. I'm sure your PC is much more powerful than my Xbox and will provide much better graphics, but it doesn't matter all that much to me. I'm happy.

To Unreal Warfare and Jorlen: thanks, now I know what to call it and where it comes from. I have to say, between screen tearing on the one hand and dropped frame rates or "Loading Area..." pauses on the other, I prefer the former.
Jorlen, may I ask you why you can't tolerate PC gaming anymore?
Posted By: Joram Re: Who hates these graphics? - 08/01/10 09:36 AM
Me too find playing on a console (xbox) much more fun than on pc! On the other hand have a pc-version also good things (more possibilities for 'hotkeys', for example) ... but for me the graphics aren't the most important thing in a game!
Posted By: marcusdavidus Re: Who hates these graphics? - 08/01/10 10:56 AM
lool audio are u ever ever heard aboute hmm PADS to pc ? i can easy use my desktop same like u use your shitbox360 i can plan on tv using pad or joystick

also ok some games are bettr on konsole like takken .... but are u ever consider playng real game on console ? like hmm counter strike or any real fps or rts ?
due of low spec consoles alot pc games actually got alot gimped gfx and is why i rly hate all this consoles cuz they only put limitations to games . And there is so much freeking pc games proted to xbox only becouse xbox is microsofts and shitcrosoft got long stick ....

joram i rly dont understood u .. is like u cannot play with pad on pc ? yes u can ( there are problems tho cuz fu*** d2 is dremed like jesus christ and u cannot use other than xbox pad o0
) so what advantage got xbox version over pc exxept more amount of bugs low graphic shitty textures etc ? no comment if devs stop make games that need run on old freeeking xbox or ps3 maybe games start to evolve again becouse now games start to be more and mor arcade even big rpgs just becouse noobs like u cannot play big gams on freeking pads ...thanx god starcraft 2 will not go on any fucking console go go blizzard last real pc game making studio who dont se4rve fucking microsoft or ea or whatever
Posted By: Unreal Warfare Re: Who hates these graphics? - 08/01/10 11:02 AM
but are u ever consider playng real game on console ? like hmm counter strike

You do know that Counter Strike was actually released on consoles, right?

Also no one cares about the pros and cons of a PC and console. This is about Divinity 2 graphics, not your little platform war.

Cry more to be honest.
Posted By: The Endless Re: Who hates these graphics? - 08/01/10 11:07 AM
Personally - if the game is good (just like if the story is good in a movie) the graphics are not the thing that spoils the fun for me. To me it is rather a question of design over the polished surface.
Posted By: marcusdavidus Re: Who hates these graphics? - 08/01/10 11:08 AM
unreal ye are u see any one actually play mutliplayer on real server on on any championships on XBOX ?
is simply imposible to play in fps on PAD .yes u can play single player cuz devs gimps enemys so u got feel like u acxtually good but if u go online any noob with mouse and keys will EAT u

same starcraft was on console on nintendo 64 but are this mean any one play it online in competive games ? NO
and im not cry i just show that ur xbox fan boy without any valid arguments.
xobox or ps3 are simply old piece of junk , any modern pc got 6x or 7 times more power than xbox 360
and can do everything what your xbobx can so pls tell me what is more fun on xbox than on pc ? becouse i dont see any thing u can simply do everything on pc what u can do on xbox and u cannot do even 40% of what u can do on pc on your xbox.
so pls some real valid arguments
Posted By: Snow Re: Who hates these graphics? - 08/01/10 11:08 AM
but are u ever consider playng real game on console ? like hmm counter strike

You do know that Counter Strike was actually released on consoles, right?

Also no one cares about the pros and cons of a PC and console. This is about Divinity 2 graphics, not your little platform war.

Cry more to be honest.

Agree.

BTW Unreal are you on the official Xbox forums? I think I've seen you with like CUL8.
Posted By: Unreal Warfare Re: Who hates these graphics? - 08/01/10 11:16 AM
unreal ye are u see any one actually ply mutliplayer on reakl server on on any championships on XBOX ?
is simly imposible to play in fps on PAD yes u can play single playre cuz devs gimps enemys so u got feel like u acxtually good but if u go online any noob with muse and keys will EAT u

Not entirely true.

One player broke the top 5 with a control pad on Unreal Tournament 3 (PC version) on the Deathmatch leaderboards about a month after it was released.

Hell I've even played on PC with a control pad myself against mouse and keyboard players, and held my own. The gap isn't really as huge as you seem to think for someone who is competitively competent with a control pad.

There's also some godly control pad players on the PS3 version of UT3, where they allow players to use Mouse and Keyboard or control pad aswell.

Now while mouse and keyboard holds some advantages over control pads what you have to realise is that on consoles, everyone uses the same controller, thus has the same playing field. People also find ways to use their own methods of playing and ways to gain advantages over others when using them. People adapt.

Now I'll give you credit where it's due that Counter Strike isn't as popular as it is on the PC, though probably mainly due to mods, and the smaller userbase of the Xbox at the time, etc more than anything else, but that doesn't change the fact that it was released on console.

If you think people can't play competitively just because they use a control pad you are a very narrow minded individual. Maybe you should take a look at some of the games played at MLG (and I'm not talking the wannabes here, I'm talking the real pros) and at how much money some of those guys can win over there aswell. Maybe then you'll realise that console gamers can be just as competitive aswell. Hell most gamers scream for good multiplayer because of it.

Wake up kid. The world doesn't revolve around PC gaming alone anymore. Deal with it.
Posted By: Joram Re: Who hates these graphics? - 08/01/10 11:19 AM

joram i rly dont understood u .. is like u cannot play with pad on pc ? yes u can ....

I choose to play also on xbox because of the game-requirements for the PC! There are for my pc toooooo high!!
So I wish to invest not in more new pc-parts (videocard, duo-core pros, Ram etc!!), but in a xbox-console and that's MY personal choise!

And futhermore: have you read about how many bugs the pc-version has?? Many!
with the xbox-version I played whole Divinity II without any technical interruptions, exept 1 time there was a bug after Farglow, after the dialog with Rhode a never ending loadingscreen... but I could it easy solve : skipp dialog and videoscene starts nice... smile

So, MY opion: the xbox-version is very very nice comparing with the pc-version, exept the graphics are lower on xbox... but for me NO worries about graphics at all! wink

I play Divine Divinity on pc and love that game, and playing without controller, no problem for me.

Posted By: Unreal Warfare Re: Who hates these graphics? - 08/01/10 11:23 AM
Originally Posted by Snow
BTW Unreal are you on the official Xbox forums? I think I've seen you with like CUL8.

I used to have a CUL 8 until I requested a CUL drop and asked to be removed from the Ambassador program. I'm a CUL 5 now.

I frequent the Divinity 2 forums, posting technical stuff there like patch updates etc, and the UK based forums there.
Posted By: marcusdavidus Re: Who hates these graphics? - 08/01/10 11:37 AM
joram BUY new pc than or stop buyng crap pcs . if u cannto make pc by yourself , pc that can handle any ame by next 3 years is your foult. also if pc start to struggle with any game u can simply upgrade it can upgrade xbox ?
and u say that divinity got bugs on pc ? hmm i end game 2 times and game crash 2 times only .
and most post in technical help is from ppl with xbox :P

unreal ye some guys can do this on pad same like some guys was beat asses on just keyboard without mouse in quake/ quake 2 , but that dont mean more ppl can do the same

also u dont undertstood the lack of controlls on xbox is most pain in ass if xbox was be shipped with mouse/keyboard is fine for me to make same games on pc/xbox but due of lack of real control in xbox the pc games get freeking limited posibilities all this auto aim shit in d2 is only cuz noobsd on xbox cannot fucking aim on pads . are u even consider playng rts on pad? try control 200 units when u cannot simply bind anything.

and im not enemy of consoles im enemy of making the same games on consoles and pc. common there is jRPG for consoles but puting cRPG on consoles just gimp that games becouswe XBOX/ps3 got limited power limited cotrol etc . just look how shitty was gothic 3 , the fights wa s retardet due of auto aim and auto aim was introduced only cuz noobs on consoles cannot freeking do anything if they need use gothic/gothic 2 fight style

so why dont stay iwith takken games on consoles and let pc handle real games .
Posted By: DivineGamer Re: Who hates these graphics? - 08/01/10 11:45 AM
I don't know why your going on about Gothic 3.
It has nothing to do with consoles.
It was PC only, so why are you baffling on about it.

PS.please use grammar.
You use the word 'retardet' as you spell it you make it seem like your talking about yourself with that grammar.
Posted By: Unreal Warfare Re: Who hates these graphics? - 08/01/10 12:05 PM
unreal ye some guys can do this on pad same like some guys was beat asses on just keyboard without mouse in quake/ quake 2 , but that dont mean more ppl can do the same

also u dont undertstood the lack of controlls on xbox is most pain in ass if xbox was be shipped with mouse/keyboard is fine for me to make same games on pc/xbox but due of lack of real control in xbox the pc games get freeking limited posibilities all this auto aim shit in d2 is only cuz noobsd on xbox cannot fucking aim on pads . are u even consider playng rts on pad? try control 200 units when u cannot simply bind anything.

Let me make something very clear to you. I own a PC, Xbox 360 and a PS3 for gaming. I, on a regular basis, play Guild Wars and Unreal Tournament 3 on the PC. So yes I have a clear understanding of controls on a PC and a console, and the different variances in how they are used.

RTS, while probably being a little more limited than on a PC, do work on the consoles. Command & Conquer, Battle for Middle Earth 2, and Supreme Commander are pretty well translated over and despite the lack of keyboard and mouse are fairly good to play. Personally though I don't care about RTS games on a console, I play RPG's and shooters, neither do I see why it's a big deal to you how a RTS game works on a console if you play it on a PC. You're saying a RTS on a PC is limited because of consoles? If so I will laugh my ass off. Most console RTS, if not all, are ports of PC games, and ones that have been released significantly later.

The auto aim in Divinity 2 isn't because people can't aim with a control pad. It's just a part of the game. Did you not notice that the enemies have homing arrows too? Divinity 2 was released well before it was released on a console. If you go to the Xbox 360 forums you'll find just as many people complaining about it there as there is here. So if you think it's because of what we want then you are badly mistaken. You talk of PC gamers having limited possibilities because of console gamers yet you get a better skill and hotkey system.

and im not enemy of consoles im enemy of making the same games on consoles and pc. common there is jRPG for consoles but puting cRPG on consoles just gimp that games becouswe XBOX/ps3 got limited power limited cotrol etc . just look how shitty was gothic 3 , the fights wa s retardet due of auto aim and auto aim was introduced only cuz noobs on consoles cannot freeking do anything if they need use gothic/gothic 2 fight style

The time of consoles having limited power etc is behind us. Now while consoles do get outdated due to technology shift that doesn't make them any less capable of playing games from another platform because developers will always try and make their games play on the lowest spec PC's possible. If you think a console like the Xbox 360 or PS3 is not better than a low end PC that most games are designed to run on then you clearly do not understand what hardware they actually have in them.

Also Gothic 3 was on consoles? I think not.

so why dont stay iwith takken games on consoles and let pc handle real games .

See above. Even with PC they will still cater to a lower end market. Regardless of what market they cater to PC users are still capable of modding their game, recieving patches for it, and getting high res packs to make it look better.

Lastly, and probably the most important part, console games are generally handled by other studios when ported to a console. PC developers generally cater for the PC crowd first, then get another company to port the game to consoles.

So all this talk is irrelevant, in most cases.

I really see no cause for complaint whatsoever, other than to attempt to wind up the console userbase.

Posted By: Joram Re: Who hates these graphics? - 08/01/10 02:00 PM
@marcusdavidus:

It's MY choise to play D II on xbox, so I don't wish to read all your words that have no sense with what I'm writing down wink

And futhermore: my pc is on this moment at least 5 years old!
I have played also many games on pc before I played on xbox! But the last years each time I wish to buy a new pc-game, I must upgrade my pc over and over again .. no, thanks!! It's MY choise to take an xbox!!

And okay, there are also problems with the xbox-version, but also it seems NOT my version:
I haven't had no crashes on my xbox-version at all, exept 2 times a little bug I could solve simply!

Posted By: marcusdavidus Re: Who hates these graphics? - 08/01/10 02:08 PM
unreal ... wroong
consoles are rly rly rly out of date
the reazon why new games are playable on xbox ps3 is only totaly gimp graphic in that games
let me clear to u nvidia gtx 260 is 8 x faster than xbox . c2d e8400 is more than 3 times faster than xbox and this is low pc stuff if u take gtx295 and i7 procc thre is no compare at all to xbox i can easly run 2 copys of d2 in same time on 2 monitors and get constant 60 fps this shows that game can have much better graphic if its dont need work on deprecated xbox
also gothic 3 is on xbox . next auto aim |( i dont say aboute misles only) is STRICT CONSOLE STUFF
before era of gay xbox and porting real games to that crap toys there was no auto aiming in any pc game EVER and expecially not in freeking rpg . Next u say there are rts on consoles.. hhaah good joke if u call supreme commander a real competive rts . i say aboute masive online rts games aka starcraft. pad cannot work in such games .

and u write that games are "ported" to consoles .. no that iusw not truth most of modern pc/xbox games are limited from start becouse they "need" to work on xbox. IF devs make game that will use all power that pc can give there is no and will not be in next 5 years console that can handle it PERIOD . AS u can see in D2 alot of "what they say it will be" is not here becouse of x"bob"x limitations and as some one who paid fro game that is limited due of some idiots ( from usa mostly) who are to stupid to use pc i got right to be angry imho .

If u ant see how big was rpg before whole xbox era go look on old rpgs titles there was never fucking auto aiming etc. also why a fu there is no aa ?? i know cuz xboxcannot handle aa + hdr in same time ( (thing that pc can handle from nvidia 7600 so many years ago) PERIOD
also due of whole xbox shiet textures in d2 looks like from 1999 year ... no comment
Posted By: Unreal Warfare Re: Who hates these graphics? - 08/01/10 02:39 PM
unreal ... wroong
consoles are rly rly rly out of date
the reazon why new games are playable on xbox ps3 is only totaly gimp graphic in that games
let me clear to u nvidia gtx 260 is 8 x faster than xbox . c2d e8400 is more than 3 times faster than xbox and this is low pc stuff if u take gtx295 and i7 procc thre is no compare at all to xbox i can easly run 2 copys of d2 in same time on 2 monitors and get constant 60 fps this shows that game can have much better graphic if its dont need work on deprecated xbox
also gothic 3 is on xbox . next auto aim |( i dont say aboute misles only) is STRICT CONSOLE STUFF
before era of gay xbox and porting real games to that crap toys there was no auto aiming in any pc game EVER and expecially not in freeking rpg . Next u say there are rts on consoles.. hhaah good joke if u call supreme commander a real competive rts . i say aboute masive online rts games aka starcraft. pad cannot work in such games .

and u write that games are "ported" to consoles .. no that iusw not truth most of modern pc/xbox games are limited from start becouse they "need" to work on xbox. IF devs make game that will use all power that pc can give there is no and will not be in next 5 years console that can handle it PERIOD . AS u can see in D2 alot of "what they say it will be" is not here becouse of x"bob"x limitations and as some one who paid fro game that is limited due of some idiots ( from usa mostly) who are to stupid to use pc i got right to be angry imho .

If u ant see how big was rpg before whole xbox era go look on old rpgs titles there was never fucking auto aiming etc. also why a fu there is no aa ?? i know cuz xboxcannot handle aa + hdr in same time ( (thing that pc can handle from nvidia 7600 so many years ago) PERIOD
also due of whole xbox shiet textures in d2 looks like from 1999 year ... no comment

Ok let's get this out of the way.

One: Gothic 3 is not on consoles. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gothic_3

Two: I already said that consoles are outdated. Read more carefully. We know very well that consoles play catch up to PC technology. We also know that PC developers still cater to the lower end PC market to make sure they get more game sales. Imagine if a PC developer made a game that only ever played on high end high cost systems with no comprimise. However this is purely from a graphical technical aspect. That doesn't mean Xbox 360 games or PC games are not capable of running games ported from a PC, they just comprimise where they need to.

Three: I'd love to see this world of yours where you don't understand how a porting process works. Games made for a PC are made for a PC. Games made for a console are made for a console. Relevant ports are made in general by other companies, and design those ports to work exclusively for that platform. If you think, in this deluded world of yours games on PC are gimped to cater for a console crowd, then, then you need to seriously wake up and smell the coffee. Most PC games, made for PC, don't see the light of day on consoles until at least 6 months to a year later if not longer. Far Cry and Half Life 2 being two good examples.

Now there are exceptions, don't get me wrong, and I'm well aware of them, but we're talking ports here. Not games that are being released at exactly the same time (which nine out of ten times multiplatform games suck anyway full stop). However even in cases where a console can have relatively better hardware than the other a port can still look comparatively worse. We've seen it happen between the Xbox 360 and PS3. That is all down to the architecture and the way the developer codes the game around that architecture.

Four: e8400 Faster than the Xbox 360 Xenon? Lol.

Processor Name: Intel Core 2 Duo Processor E8400
Processor Manufacturer: Intel
Processor Speed (GHz): 3.0
Number of Cores: 2

Processor Name: Xenon Triple Core Processor
Processor Manufacturer: IBM
Processor Speed (GHz): 3.2
Number of Cores: 3

Here's some more information for you about the Xenon processor.

90 nm process[4], 65 nm process upgrade in 2007 (codenamed "Falcon")
165 million transistors
Three symmetrical cores, each two way SMT-capable and clocked at 3.2 GHz
SIMD: VMX128 with 2× (128×128 bit) register files for each core.
1 MB L2 cache[4] (lockable by the GPU) running at half-speed (1.6 GHz) with a 256-bit bus
51.2 gigabytes per second of L2 memory bandwidth (256 bit × 1600 MHz)
21.6 GB/s Front-Side Bus
Dot product performance: 9.6 billion per second
115.2 GFLOPS theoretical peak performance
Restricted to In-order code execution
eFuse 768 bits.
ROM (and 64 kbytes SRAM) storing Microsoft's Secure Bootloader, and encryption hypervisor.
Big endian architecture.

And don't even get me started on the PS3's Cell which is vastly superior to alot (not all but alot) of processors on the market for PC gaming enthusiasts.

Five: Let's see an example of auto aim on a PC RPG game where the console version has forced it directly. Please. Oblivion? Nope. Fallout 3? Nope. Dragon Age? Nope. Come on, Let's hear this one in more detail.

Six: Stop crying about competitive play. We already discussed that and I made it quite clear about how competitive play is handled and the manner of fair game for everyone on their own respective platform, etc. Stop acting as if games are cross platform and competitive. Stop acting like everyone cares about RTS games aswell, or that it's the one genre to define them all. That's just one genre of many. You want to see competitive on a console? Like I said go to MLG. Go look up Street Fighter, FIFA, and PES tournaments and leagues while you're at it. A few among many others.

Quite frankly you come across rabid, and delusional, and you just don't make sense. It's like you live in a world where everything is different to the real world.

Maybe we should call you Alice?

Now, have you finished derailing this thread from it's proper intentions? Or are you going to troll on console gamers, and make yourself look like more of an idiot, some more?
Posted By: Jorlen Re: Who hates these graphics? - 08/01/10 08:40 PM
Wow, troll derail FTW smile I've read responses to him but my brain bleeds when I try to read his messages. My fingers scrolls as I wince in pain and I must get the bad letters away from me eyes...

Anywhoo.... Divinity 2 does have great visuals. I was playing it last night on my *GASP* xbox 360 (I r teh retard eye cannot run a Pee cee!), lounging on my couch sipping a Belgian beer (You guys are the $*&#& best brewers in the world) and I had to stop and admire some scenes quite often. And I'm still in Broken Valley (just left Lovis tower). Can't wait to see what else is out there.

I would kill for an optimization patch for the 360 but otherwise the visuals are awesome. Love the armor and sword art too!
Posted By: marcusdavidus Re: Who hates these graphics? - 08/01/10 09:46 PM
u should not call me troll only becouse my english sux . becouse yes its sux badly not my foult tho when i was young in my country no one teach english only russian so everything i learn i got from games/movies etc

anyway rly jorien pls look for screens from full modet oblivion than say that d2 got good graphic

if u dont wanna search
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

this is from my oblivion with alot graphic mods only tecture mods are more than 5 gb
compare to to low res textures in d2 to shitty hdr no aa + hdr and alot of other DEPRECATED solutions .

and i know obli is for consoles too but pls compare screenshots from console obli with this ones than u see diference between how games can look and how they look due of all this console shiet limits . thanx and cyu

unreal tell me one thing are u rly belive in what u say ? pls compare xbox to nvidia gtx 275
and yes e8400 is faster than xbox . ghz is not speed factor of processor at all but perfomance .
same like 2 core pentium with 3 ghz is alot slower in games than 2 cores c2d wih only 2500 ghz .
just read some guru 3d site articles or so. i rly want to end this hmm flame war
but if u dont understood that ghz != power is not my foult
and most important in games is GPU not processor ANYWAY also there is only one game that use more than 2 cores and its arma2 so no use of that 3 cores

and btw e8400 got 6 mb of cashe shitbox got 1 more cashe faster games :P
also if i understood corectly this tech spec u provide this processor is shared for graphic and normal data procesing so if u want compare it to pc u need compare it to
a : main cpu - e8400 3 ghz ( oc to 4 without problems) 6 mb l2 cashe
gpu : GTX 275 (cannot provide spec now cuz im lazy) + oc

and than tell me that this punny 3 cores with 1 mb cashe are faster jesus fu christ

and unreal i dont mind competive play on consoles .. IN FREEKING CONSOLE GENRES LIKE clasic tpp or freeking street fighter dont try to make clasic pc genres on pad becouse its end as disater with uber borring controls and fights : d2 fight = click left mouse button till u kill enemy. check how this looks in gothic 2 to compare.
also dragons age dont got auto aim cuz DAO is team rpg when your team is on auto most of time if u make tactics right so no point in auto aim . is like cry for auto aim in hmm nvn totally diferent type of rpg. compare it to gothic 1/2 whre fights was actually skill based not left click to freeking death
Posted By: ElektroDragon Re: Who hates these graphics? - 08/01/10 10:18 PM
If they want to compete with Dragon Age, they need better graphics.

You are blind as a bat! Dragon Age is UGLY compared to Divinity II. Just compare the trees in environment! The ones in Divnity II look like they are two console generations better!

Divinity II is better looking game, in my opinion. DA only wins out by having more detailed character models and customization options.
Posted By: marcusdavidus Re: Who hates these graphics? - 08/01/10 10:28 PM
elektro cuz stupid ea make mistake and put low res textures in DAO by mistake i cna provide u screens with hight res textures they realase .
and is not only aboute graphic DAO got alot more playability cuz u can make alot diferent builds and u can make another party each time u play, also many times one way close another way cus DAO is no linear
d2 is linear like freeking hell u cannot do anything to change anything in world so what a point in play it again ? non
the same is risen is rly good game but totally linear and short
i dont say d2 is bad game beoouse is not ( is good to kill time when ur waiting for arcania the gothic tale ) but is not the game larian say it will be. totally stupid skill balance retardet lack of any balance in exp/damage system ( first time ever i found that the when pc is lvl 7 mob make 200 damage cuz hes lvl 13 but when player is lvl 13 the same mob make shiet not damage at all )
and this end like deamon baal who die after 2 fireballs and mak to pc 0 damage

if they realase addon that will rebalance this shiet and rebalance skills i will buy it to enjoy annother skill builds etc. also the full 3d they write in press etc is joke becouse dragon mode is more like comanche simulator not dragon totally no synergy with human mode and i dont need to mention of non visible walls everywhere ...
Posted By: ElektroDragon Re: Who hates these graphics? - 08/01/10 10:36 PM
I find Divinity II to be very non-linear in feeling, at least in Broken Valley so far. And I could care less about replayability. In fact, I hate forced replays for achievements and what not. I don't have the time to replay games, I have too many other ones waiting to play.

The balancing you describe sounds about right for a classic RPG. Maybe this game is too old school for you.
Posted By: marcusdavidus Re: Who hates these graphics? - 08/01/10 10:48 PM
first thing broken valley is fun ius truth .. later is only worse
D2 is linear u can make some choices but they dont change anything for real
( like u can make banit camp quest in 2 ways but at end ur forced to go to temple and fight the same semi boss anyway) also later in game u will see that there are some rly stupid quests
and of course not mather what u do end is always exacly tyhe same i will not spoil it to u but u will crahs your pc/xbox after end of this game

Also the balancig SUX its not to oldschool for me is SUX . when u 5 lvls more than mob ur totally god mode on this mob cannot do anythign to u even if u naked
just pls realize that one of last bosses got lvl lower than u will have and he hit u for 0 o0 this is freeking joke by last 5-6 hours of game i dont use even one potion or heal spell cuz mobs just makee 0 damage literally 0 this is not lack of balance isuee this is bad concept from beggining

also u say u got no time to replay games cuz there is alot of others .. sure there is but i played in 90% of rpg out of there and if i buy game i pay for at last 6-0 hours of play .. at last cuz this is rly low for good rpg. an wtf if ur know how to build toon in d2 u can end it easy in 24 hours with make almost every quest and discove almost every secret . mostly becouse everything is ALWAYS the same. the same mob stand in the same spot every freeking time u play every riddle is exacly the same dont even 2 versions , u will found how stupid this is in tomb of this dragon knight on fjords . if u dont understood what is good balance and not linear game try planescape: torment best cRPG ever

aand like i say broken valey is good and fun cuz mobs are actually strong ( cuz outlvl u ) but when one of semi bosees shoot u for full hp from bow u will not find this game balanced( and there is no way to get biger lvl at that point cuz even if u kill all mobs and make all quests this semi boss hard over lvl u at that point and of course u can go to fjords but thre mobs are even stronger at that point than this boss so ur virtually need pray for luck in this boss fight or dont allow him use bow so any mage/ranger is screwed )
Posted By: Draghermosran Re: Who hates these graphics? - 08/01/10 11:09 PM
u should not call me troll only becouse my english sux . becouse yes its sux badly not my foult tho when i was young in my country no one teach english only russian so everything i learn i got from games/movies etc

anyway rly jorien pls look for screens from full modet oblivion than say that d2 got good graphic

if u dont wanna search
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

this is from my oblivion with alot graphic mods only tecture mods are more than 5 gb
compare to to low res textures in d2 to shitty hdr no aa + hdr and alot of other DEPRECATED solutions .

and i know obli is for consoles too but pls compare screenshots from console obli with this ones than u see diference between how games can look and how they look due of all this console shiet limits . thanx and cyu

unreal tell me one thing are u rly belive in what u say ? pls compare xbox to nvidia gtx 275
and yes e8400 is faster than xbox . ghz is not speed factor of processor at all but perfomance .
same like 2 core pentium with 3 ghz is alot slower in games than 2 cores c2d wih only 2500 ghz .
just read some guru 3d site articles or so. i rly want to end this hmm flame war
but if u dont understood that ghz != power is not my foult
and most important in games is GPU not processor ANYWAY also there is only one game that use more than 2 cores and its arma2 so no use of that 3 cores

and btw e8400 got 6 mb of cashe shitbox got 1 more cashe faster games :P
also if i understood corectly this tech spec u provide this processor is shared for graphic and normal data procesing so if u want compare it to pc u need compare it to
a : main cpu - e8400 3 ghz ( oc to 4 without problems) 6 mb l2 cashe
gpu : GTX 275 (cannot provide spec now cuz im lazy) + oc

and than tell me that this punny 3 cores with 1 mb cashe are faster jesus fu christ

and unreal i dont mind competive play on consoles .. IN FREEKING CONSOLE GENRES LIKE clasic tpp or freeking street fighter dont try to make clasic pc genres on pad becouse its end as disater with uber borring controls and fights : d2 fight = click left mouse button till u kill enemy. check how this looks in gothic 2 to compare.
also dragons age dont got auto aim cuz DAO is team rpg when your team is on auto most of time if u make tactics right so no point in auto aim . is like cry for auto aim in hmm nvn totally diferent type of rpg. compare it to gothic 1/2 whre fights was actually skill based not left click to freeking death

Firstly, you prolly have 2 DVD's worth of extra assets to make Oblivion look better. This was to make a game developed by a behemoth of the genre with a lot more resources. And you complain D2 which is developed by a small devhouse is worse looking? Besides I have those exact same mods, and except for higher poly models and bigger textures, the Oblivion engine is an outdated version of ... get this ... THE SAME GAMEBRYO ENGINE (with some tweaking)... If someone say, were to do custom models and textures for D2, it will look at least as good, probably a lot better. Unfortunately Larian hasn't got a modding community like Bethesda does.

And secondly, artistically, Divinity II is far superior to the uninspired and repetetive drab that is anything that Bethesda did. Morrowind, Oblivion, Fallout 3 etc... there's a reason why so many 'visual' mods are out their for these games. Because nearly noone likes the stock assets of those games.

Oh and compare this...
Oblivion 'town':
http://images.xboxyde.com/gallery/public/4931/1189_0001.jpg

Divinity 2 town:
http://img84.imageshack.us/img84/5660/thumb1280x1280274443479rm2.jpg

Oh, and I nearly forgot:
http://www.moddb.com/mods/ego-dragonis-divinity-2-texturen-mod

I agree DII hasn't the most optimized engine out there, nor the most techy, but it looks damn sexy.
Posted By: ElektroDragon Re: Who hates these graphics? - 08/01/10 11:21 PM
Well, at least it's not like Bioware games where they want you to play the game in full five times over to get all the achievements. Who has that kind of time when one playthrough can take 120 hours in Dragon Age!?!

I want to play the game once, and be done with it.
Posted By: marcusdavidus Re: Who hates these graphics? - 08/01/10 11:23 PM
dragher.. i post this screens not to show that oblivion got better graphic but to show why d2 dont got as good graphic as it can have BECOUSE ITS NEED RUN ON FU XSHIETBOBX . so if larian was be not limited by xbox power they can make d2 looks 5 times better ( same like ppl do with oblivion cuz vanilal obli sux too) so i never say oblivion is superior to d2 i say pc is superior to any console and cuz of this crap toys called xbox pc players need to look on ulgy textures low poligons models crap animations no aa + hdr and other things what make console games crap. period
of course there will be modding comunity for d2 who make the game looks like it should from beggining ( and is not cuz xbox is piece of bill gates shiet ) but this dont change anything. im rly tired of buy all new games just to find out low res textures freeking ulgy models and invisible walls everywhere becouse some retards are to stupid to buy or made pc.

draghen nice pic expecially this round wooden things ( dont know name in english) so bad that they dont round at all

and to this second guy u dont like bioware games cuz u need play in them many times?? o0 rly stupid reazon like freeking hell for every player replayability is a key for good game . pls dont be so carebear wow fan m8 :P
if u want easy game that u dont need to play again i poposal tetris
if i pay 50$ i want play in the game long time at last few times not end it once and know everything . like morrowind u can play morrowind by months 20 times or so and always get fun same baldurs planescape gothic ultra good arcanum or my fevor wizardy 7 and 8 . so if i got chooice buy DAO and play in it by 120 hours easly end it 5x6 times or for the same price buy d2 and end it in 24 hours and never play it again cuz is no real point becouse everything is the same and dificulty lvl is one big retardet joke
i chooice DAO . of course popably ur rich enought to buy new game each day whatever but most of ppl are not or maybe u simply torrent games .. whatver
Posted By: Draghermosran Re: Who hates these graphics? - 08/01/10 11:28 PM
dragher.. i post this screens not to show that oblivion got better graphic but to show why d2 dont got as good graphic as it can have BECOUSE ITS NEED RUN ON FU XSHIETBOBX . so if larian was be not limited by xbox power they can make d2 looks 5 times better ( same like ppl do with oblivion cuz vanilal obli sux too) so i never say oblivion is superior to d2 i say pc is superior to any console and cuz of this crap toys called xbox pc players need to look on ulgy textures low poligons models crap animations no aa + hdr and other things what make console games crap. period
of course there will be modding comunity for d2 who make the game looks like it should from beggining ( and is not cuz xbox is piece of bill gates shiet ) but this dont change anything. im rly tired of buy all new games just to find out low res textures freeking ulgy models and invisible walls everywhere becouse some retards are to stupid to buy or made pc.

I'm sorry but I must have misunderstood you then.

Still my point about resources still stands, a small studio like Larian can't afford the extra time spent on better textures etc. Nor can they afford huge textures to jack up the minimum specs either.
Posted By: Jorlen Re: Who hates these graphics? - 08/01/10 11:32 PM
Marcus I wasn't calling you a troll because of your english. It was because of the way you speak to others and the way you're turned this discussion into a console VS pc extravaganza. Just wanted to clear that up.

Also, I have a monster PC with a killer video card, but get this, I choose NOT to use it! It's even attached to the same plasma HDTV as my xbox 360! Thing is, I have my reasons, and for some, graphics aren't the "end all be all". For you, they matter, and I can see that. Kudos! I used to be the same way!

I modded Oblivion just like you, with texture enhancements, game mods, you name it. I spent hours tweaking every single aspect of every game. Then, one day I realized that I was tweaking more than playing the damned games, and I was tired of banging my head against the wall due to technical issues, I was tired of spending hundreds every 6 months on PC upgrades. I figured consoles were an easy solution. I was right. I never looked back. That's right, a devout Pc gamer for 20 years, and I jumped ship.

Graphics aren't everything, my Russian friend. One thing we can both agree on, is that Divinity II's art and style are beautiful and unique. The engine needs some work, but everything around it is wonderful.
Posted By: marcusdavidus Re: Who hates these graphics? - 08/01/10 11:34 PM
exacly minimum spec .. but not for pc. most of modern pcs ( 2 years or so) can run oblivion with all that mods in hight resolution without problem. only real reazon why they make its looks like this is crap console i rly dont expect to see circles like that in game from 2009 year. also we dont even mention posibilities of dx10 and pixel shader 4.0 ..

anyway nice screen m8

im not russian :P
im from poland .

and i never say graphic is so important ^^
i still play in starcraft on bnet or in my beloved wizardry 8.
and what wrong is in spend alot of time in game tweaking ? i found this rly funny and u can learn alot. but u got some point, i never end oblivion cuz was borring like hell so i spend alot more time on modding it than on actually play it^^.
but for me consoles are not solution becouse i play mostly in pvp games aka warcraft 3 dota or new port from s2 Heroes of Nevereth . also in Shadobwane mmo and there is simple no such real competive games on console .. maybe eccept rly good street fighter 4 ( but is on pc too)
imho ai in games is not enought to give me any pleasure of beating it anymore.

and yes the d2 concepts are good but so bad every npc looks the same lack fo armor models rly bad animations. and i find one thing in d2 graphic that rly is anyoing the lack of real movement feel same crap like in 2 worlds our avatar simply act to fast turn in place etc. with fast laser mouse is just overresponsive so its looks some kind not natural .

anyway i never say d2 is bad im freeking pissed on larians thet they dont make this game what it can be u can easy see that first part of game is supeior to second part propably becouse lack of time and whole DAO entrance ...
anyway peace and i rly dont wanted to make pc vs consoles flame i just simply use to say what i think ..

and jorlen this is myth that console is cheaper than pc . if u know how to build optimal pc u can build it for 2 times cost of console and it will be able to play any modern game by next 2 years than u can simply upgrade your pc for lower cost than buy new console . also when new generation of consoles go out devs stop make games on old ones so you can find yourself in hole with 0 new games on your console .
and of course console is gaming only pc is multi purpouse
Posted By: Libertarian Re: Who hates these graphics? - 08/01/10 11:55 PM
[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Divinity II is beautiful.
Posted By: marcusdavidus Re: Who hates these graphics? - 08/01/10 11:58 PM
SHALE dont think so
[Linked Image]

morrigan too

[Linked Image]

and this is not moddet gimme time to download vhight res texture packs lool :P
Posted By: Unreal Warfare Re: Who hates these graphics? - 09/01/10 01:00 AM
Originally Posted by Jorlen
Marcus I wasn't calling you a troll because of your english. It was because of the way you speak to others and the way you're turned this discussion into a console VS pc extravaganza.

This.

Marcus you need to understand that while on paper the Xbox 360 hardware might look weak to you, you clearly do not understand how it all works together within the architecture, or how the hardware has actually been designed to perform better. All your little arguments about caches etc mean nothing in a triple core multi threaded CPU that is designed for a specific purpose rather than a general one, which is designed to tap into other resouces at a hardware level. That doesn't have to run other programs in the background. Also note that games for the Xbox 360 are designed and developed to work with the triple core multi threaded CPU. Rather than just use two cores. It works faster and better for its purpose than the CPU you listed (which is also alot newer).

Also if you want to make comparisons it's really pointless doing it with more modern hardware. If I wanted to do that I'd just bust out the I7's or the Quad Core Phenoms. It's been pointed out to you dozens of times already that everyone knows the Xbox 360 has outdated hardware (after all it's a four year old console). That doesn't make it any less capable of running top quality games, with outstanding visuals. People know that a high end PC can push better graphics, frame rates, resolutions, etc. Not everyone wants to pay that expense, neither do they need to so that they can get a good gaming experience. The fact that th Xbox 360 is actually capable of rendering the graphics it can with four year old hardware is testament to what it can do, and what it's capable of in the future. The best thing is it's still got a few years left in it and we have yet to see what it can do at it's fullest potential.

In the end though none of this is even relevant. It has absolutely nothing to do with Divinity 2's graphics on the PC. Divinity 2 was designed for the PC first then ported to the Xbox 360 later. So your whole argument is flawed before it even started. DIvinity 2 wasn't gimped because it was released multi format. It ust doesn't look that great technically full stop. Funnily enough though PC users are having more issues graphically than console users (got to love hardware compatibility issues). Have fun with that.

I also find it funny that people cant be competitive on the Xbox 360 just because you think it's stupid. You really need to grow up kid. The console industry is one hell of alot bigger, hardcore, and competitive, than you think it is.

I think just about everyone in this forum knows the pros and cons of PC gaming vs console gaming. Most of us knew these pros and cons when we chose our platform. Do you see us hating on the other platform because they got something better? I suggest you put your immaturity aside, aswell as your biased ignorance, and just accept the fact that the gaming industry is the way it is.

It's funny because I expect the sort of comments you come out with from a 12 year old PS3 fanboy, or even a Xbox 360 fanboy. Just goes to show there's idiots on the other side of the fence after all.

I'm done with you because you quite clearly can't see the bigger picture, or listen to what others are actually trying to tell you. You quite clearly don't understand how the Xbox 360 works because you think it just works like a PC. All you want to do here is hate on a system, with little understanding of its hardware, or it's architecture or optimisation, and which has no relevance to you anyway, and start a platform war over it just because you don't like it.

Have a nice day (and use a spellchecker if you want to improve your English).
Posted By: marcusdavidus Re: Who hates these graphics? - 09/01/10 01:13 AM
first all this crap aboute xbox processor need only render graphic etc is bulsheit if u want so compare to any freeking graphic card damn old gf 8800 who can eb bought by 50$ got 2 times more graphic power than this xbox
also xbox can run d2 ONLY becouse devs make LOW graphic on D2 SO SHITBOX can handle it
if they dont need to like i show u on obli screens ( game 3 years old on the same engine) the game can looks 5 or 6 time better. AND THIS IS MY FUCKING POINT your old peice of shiet from bill gates make US pc users need to look on THIS CRAP graphic so why the fuck we need to pay 50$ for game that dotnt use even 50% of our pc power ? u know why ? cuz bill gates make shietload of cash on that crap due of retardet usa citizens who buy everything what this fuckard sell to them . i was try to be polite but u dont fucking understood that shiet i think
i dont want to play game with 5 years old graphic on my 2 k $ pc just becosue some fuckards cannot buy real pc . and d2 is just top of the iceberg almost all new freeking games need to work on that fucking shit xbox same crap like with one true os .. windows same piece of crap like xbox . but whatever if the screens dont show u how xbox is lame comparable to modern pc w8 till some guys wil make mods fro d2 with ultra graphic then fuckards like u will cry that d2 on theyr shitboxes looks ugly comparable to pc version like was in fucking shitload of games already .
imho go play tetris on your punny toy
stupid shitbox fanboy .. PERIOD

and im not kid propably im few good years older than most ppl on this forum .. kid
and of course i know that whole console world is big.. in usa in euro almost no one use that piece of crap cuz euro ppl actually got brains and dont eat that bills shiet . Just check how good xbox games are sell in europe or xbox itself compare to to pc than tell me how big xbox market is ..
or go invade iraq ...
flame war ftw
Posted By: Libertarian Re: Who hates these graphics? - 09/01/10 01:15 AM
Fanboys of any kind suck, including PC fanboys. Cut it out.
Posted By: marcusdavidus Re: Who hates these graphics? - 09/01/10 01:24 AM
u got point libertan . but i never say consoles are bad or whatever i say dont make PC games on consoles cuz pc users suffers on this.
play in ff or mario or resident or street fighter this are games for console not real big cRPG cvuz console limitation make potentially good game a crap small world invisible walls shitty animation shitty models .
look how its looks on ps3 . ps3 got its own games and ps3 games are rly freeking good like god of war etc simply best in its genre.but fucking microsoft need mes with pc gnres cuz they want more and mroe cash and they simply got 0 cash from new graphic card to your pc cuz they dont makealso im fucking sure that they push larian to make it on xbox they use to do that with alot of small studios
so maybe larian want make d2 how it mean to be but due of microsoft and xobox they cant .. and this is fucking over for now

imho im going play non my ps3 in DMC
Posted By: Unreal Warfare Re: Who hates these graphics? - 09/01/10 02:42 AM
first all this crap aboute xbox processor need only render graphic etc is bulsheit if u want so compare to any freeking graphic card damn old gf 8800 who can eb bought by 50$ got 2 times more graphic power than this xbox

Who said a processor only needs to render graphics? I would suggest you clearly read what other people are saying. This is why you are making yourself look like a total and utter fool.

But here's the really funny thing. It doesn't matter what hardware you throw up. The Xbox 360 is still capable of rendering pretty good graphics that are comparable to what mid range PC's can render today. For a four year old system, that's pretty damn good. All with what's, according to you, inferior hardware.

also xbox can run d2 ONLY becouse devs make LOW graphic on D2 SO SHITBOX can handle it
if they dont need to like i show u on obli screens ( game 3 years old on the same engine) the game can looks 5 or 6 time better. AND THIS IS MY FUCKING POINT your old peice of shiet from bill gates make US pc users need to look on THIS CRAP graphic so why the fuck we need to pay 50$ for game that dotnt use even 50% of our pc power ? u know why ? cuz bill gates make shietload of cash on that crap due of retardet usa citizens who buy everything what this fuckard sell to them . i was try to be polite but u dont fucking understood that shiet i think

Trying to be polite? You've been aggressive towards people since your first post in this thread.

I'm still laughing my ass off at all this Microsoft conspiracy. You really have it in your head that it's the XBox 360's fault Divinity 2 doesn't look great on your PC don't you? If that's what you truly think you clearly are an idiotic retard. Most especially when Divinity 2 looks significantly better on the PC (technical graphical issues aside).

i dont want to play game with 5 years old graphic on my 2 k $ pc just becosue some fuckards cannot buy real pc . and d2 is just top of the iceberg almost all new freeking games need to work on that fucking shit xbox same crap like with one true os .. windows same piece of crap like xbox . but whatever if the screens dont show u how xbox is lame comparable to modern pc w8 till some guys wil make mods fro d2 with ultra graphic then fuckards like u will cry that d2 on theyr shitboxes looks ugly comparable to pc version like was in fucking shitload of games already .

Again you're just telling people what they already know and have known for years. You really need to get your head out of the sand and actually take in what people are telling you. The thing you still don't get is that first and foremost Divinity was built for PC, and looks better on PC.

So this voids your whole argument.

Personally I'm loving how you're getting all wound up over a console. It's pretty funny.

imho go play tetris on your punny toy
stupid shitbox fanboy .. PERIOD

Oooh want to start throwing out insults now do you Alice? Might help if I was a Xbox fanboy. I actually prefer playing on my PC hving spent the past four years playing Guild Wars since beta, and playing Unreal Tournament games since 1999. Nice try though kid.

and im not kid propably im few good years older than most ppl on this forum .. kid

Really? I would suggest you start acting your age then and not your shoe size. For what is supposedly an adult you sure as hell sound like a 12 year old suffering from a severe case of nerd rage while on steroids.

If you want people to treat you like an adult, if you are one, I would suggest acting like one. If you can't do that, then expect to continue to be treated the same.

and of course i know that whole console world is big.. in usa in euro almost no one use that piece of crap cuz euro ppl actually got brains and dont eat that bills shiet . Just check how good xbox games are sell in europe or xbox itself compare to to pc than tell me how big xbox market is ..

10 million + Xbox 360 users in Europe isn't a small number for an American made console, which initially last generation didn't take off very well at all, especially when shared with sales for the PS3 and PC markets aswell.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/european-xbox-360-sales-hit-10-million

or go invade iraq ...

Been there, done that, and gotten the T-Shirt. You'll find we've moved on to other countries now kid.
Posted By: Libertarian Re: Who hates these graphics? - 09/01/10 02:45 AM
u got point libertan . but i never say consoles are bad or whatever i say dont make PC games on consoles cuz pc users suffers on this.
play in ff or mario or resident or street fighter this are games for console not real big cRPG cvuz console limitation make potentially good game a crap small world invisible walls shitty animation shitty models .
look how its looks on ps3 . ps3 got its own games and ps3 games are rly freeking good like god of war etc simply best in its genre.but fucking microsoft need mes with pc gnres cuz they want more and mroe cash and they simply got 0 cash from new graphic card to your pc cuz they dont makealso im fucking sure that they push larian to make it on xbox they use to do that with alot of small studios
so maybe larian want make d2 how it mean to be but due of microsoft and xobox they cant .. and this is fucking over for now

imho im going play non my ps3 in DMC

Lol, I'm not a God of War fan. Once you played one, you've played 'em all. Hack, slash, hack, slash, repeat, QTE, QTE, hack, slash, hack, slash, rinse, wash and repeat.

The 360 and PS3 both have its own games. They both have potentially original and exciting new IP's like Alan Wake and Heavy Rain.

Sony is not your friend. Get over it. Microsoft and Sony are in the business for money and power, not for your acceptance. I own a PC, a 360, a PS3, a Wii, a PSP, AND a DS. It's the best way to go.

Also, do you really believe Microsoft pushed Larian to develop Divinity II for Xbox 360? If you believe that, you're either just wrong or a conspiracy loon. Larian can't be forced and Microsoft wouldn't force or push a small developer to develop a niche title on their system. They care about money, just like Sony, not niche gameplay experiences.

Divinity II is the game it was always meant to be and no shortcuts were made to the PC version to get it on the 360.

Fact.

Now stop your bullshit, please.
Posted By: Unreal Warfare Re: Who hates these graphics? - 09/01/10 02:51 AM
Sony is not your friend. Get over it. Microsoft and Sony are in the business for money and power, not for your acceptance. I own a PC, a 360, a PS3, a Wii, a PSP, AND a DS. It's the best way to go.

Couldn't agree more.
Posted By: marcusdavidus Re: Who hates these graphics? - 09/01/10 02:57 AM
actually sony is my friend :P i can use linux on sony ps3 becouse sony support open source community
the microsoft policy is well know

and unreal i stop discusion with u . go play tetris or invade iraq or go eat so mcdonald shiet so your fat ass get even bigger whatever and that 10 milions of xbox is microsfot pr any real statistics show under 1 m alot of ppl got wee what is strange anyway :P
and even if that 10 milions is somewhere near truth ( but is not due of most statistic web zins) in europe live more than 830 milion of ppl ( not including russia) and 80% got at last one pc so .. whre is your 10 milions now ? freeking gothic 2 got more than 7 milion buyers in EUROPE onyl cuz u usa fuckards never liked it .. propably the controlls to complicated but what u can expect from citizens of country that actually belice in magic bullets or in whole al kaida myth pff
run to mcdonald ... more fat is good cuz u cannot get more wisdom
Posted By: Libertarian Re: Who hates these graphics? - 09/01/10 03:04 AM
We're gonna invade you next and your PS3 is going to suffer a not so nice demise. frown

"US fucktards"? Are you a commie bastard?
Posted By: Unreal Warfare Re: Who hates these graphics? - 09/01/10 03:11 AM
and unreal i stop discusion with u . go play tetris or invade iraq or go eat so mcdonald shiet so your fat ass get even bigger whatever and that 10 milions of xbox is microsfot pr any real statistics show under 1 m alot of ppl got wee what is strange anyway :P
and even if that 10 milions is somewhere near truth ( but is not due of most statistic web zins) in europe live more than 830 milion of ppl ( not including russia) and 80% got at last one pc so .. whre is your 10 milions now ? freeking gothic 2 got more than 7 milion buyers in EUROPE onyl cuz u usa fuckards never liked it .. propably the controlls to complicated but what u can expect from citizens of country that actually belice in magic bullets or in whole al kaida myth pff
run to mcdonald ... more fat is good cuz u cannot get more wisdom

I'm not American. Nice try though.

Also I could care less which has more. It makes sense for more PCs to be owned in a home due to their more multi purpose usage. That doesn't mean every household uses them for gaming.

10 million consoles is damn good for the European console market.

We're gonna invade you next and your PS3 is going to suffer a not so nice demise. frown

"US fucktards"? Are you a commie bastard?

He's a lot of work that's for sure.
Posted By: marcusdavidus Re: Who hates these graphics? - 09/01/10 03:19 AM
no im not but even if i was be a "communist" better to be communist than retard who belive in magic bullets ( aka jfk assasinate) or in whole arab sheep fucker who learn to fly a boeing on .. microsoft simulator than is able to crash on building , Building that should not colapse by any freeking way from tha impact ( any architect tell u that) but wtf half of usa citizens belive in that second half ( mormons) belive that jesus christ live in usa so how the hell u expect any one think that ppl in usa are wise or whatever ?

anyway this start to be real flame war
i simply say what every other country thinks aboute usa citizens ..

if any usa citizen is angry im sorry i dont meant to be so rude and put every one to same box .
i know alot usa ppl ( mostly from my sb clan) and they are ok

so libertian im sorry u if i was rude . but that stupid microshiet fan boy deserve that .

and again u write "10 milions is good for EUROPEAN CONSOLE market" that was nice try but pls tell me why u dont compare this to EURO PC MARKET ? who the hell care aboute some 10 milions 12 years old kids who actually get xbox (and as i say 10 m is microsoft pr not real statistic)
when there is around 1 bilion of pc cuz more than 50% of euros got 2 or more pcs including laptops
its totally NOTHING . compare this to other markets japan mostly ps3 and wee china i rly dont know but propably wee and ps3 also like rest of asia the real xbox market is usa mostly .
but who the fuck rly care

anyway http://www.collegehumor.com/video:1907543

peace
Posted By: Unreal Warfare Re: Who hates these graphics? - 09/01/10 03:30 AM
so libertian im sorry u if i was rude . but that stupid microshiet fan boy deserve that.

Really? You've been rude and aggressive towards console users since you jumped into this thread. If anyone deserves anything it's you for your total lack of regard for anyone else outside of the PC userbase. Also it's really hard to be a fanboy when you own a PC, PS3, and a Xbox 360 (hell I'm even buying a Wii within a few weeks) aswell as several retro systems. Surely a fanboy wouldn't own many systems, right? You think that just because I have a differing opinion that makes me a fanboy, right? When I actually prefer to play games on a PC? You don't know the slightest thing about me, including the country I'm from despite being told several times I'm not American, so come back when you actually know something about me.

but who the fuck rly care

I've been saying this the past few posts but you never seem to listen.

People will use what they want to use, companies will cater for them, you can't do shit about it.

That is all.
Posted By: marcusdavidus Re: Who hates these graphics? - 09/01/10 03:35 AM
hey rly unreal idc rly
i say what i think and i got right if u like to pay 50 $ for game with gfx from 2002 is ok i dont and is why U SUX AND YOUR FREEKING XBOX SUX TOO . imho

if that was rude im sory ur just make me angry due of your lack of wisdom , but im rly sorry cuz its not your foult that ur always wrong u cant see the forrest by the trees and u cant smell your own s on your knees as mm says :P

btw are here any mods on this forum ? pls close this topic cuz this is nothying more than flame war of course is alot of fun for old troll like me but rly u should close this topic :P

longest flame war i see by long time :P
Posted By: Unreal Warfare Re: Who hates these graphics? - 09/01/10 03:40 AM
hey rly unreal idc rly
i say what i think and i got right if u like to pay 50 $ for game with gfx from 2002 is ok i dont and is why U SUX AND YOUR FREEKING XBOX SUX TOO . imho

if that was rude im sory ur just make me angry due of your lack of wisdom , but im rly sorry cuz its not your foult that ur always wrong u cant see the forrest by the trees and u cant smell your own s on your knees as mm says :P

I don't pay in $ kiddo. Neither do I pay full retail price for my games. See yet again you just make silly statements about people when you clearly don't have a clue.

Your idiocy never fails to amaze.

Posted By: marcusdavidus Re: Who hates these graphics? - 09/01/10 03:43 AM
i dont pay in $ also kiddo is universal value easier to understod for most ppl than euro or local moneys .
yep and your ingorance is amaze me :P
Posted By: Unreal Warfare Re: Who hates these graphics? - 09/01/10 03:47 AM
i dont pay in $ also kiddo is universal value easier to understod for most ppl than euro or local moneys .

There's more than one universal currency in this world, might be a good idea to look them all up.

yep and your ingorance is amaze me :P

I seriously don't think you're in any position to talk about ignorance.

Posted By: marcusdavidus Re: Who hates these graphics? - 09/01/10 03:51 AM
im rly think ur not in any position to talk at all
go buy some cookies
Posted By: Unreal Warfare Re: Who hates these graphics? - 09/01/10 03:52 AM
im rly think ur not in any position to talk at all
go buy some cookies

We could do this all day (or morning where I am).

Nothing wrong with cookies. I suggest Maryland double choclate chip, Scrummy.
Posted By: marcusdavidus Re: Who hates these graphics? - 09/01/10 03:57 AM
yep
chocolate are good but i dont know that brand .
anyway i prefer to bake cookies by myself lool at last i know what kind of mj is in it :P j/k
Posted By: Libertarian Re: Who hates these graphics? - 09/01/10 04:27 AM
I'm a libertarian, so you're flinging your US hate in the wrong direction.

I also like some good conspiracy theories.

But I still say you're acting like a complete dipshit. wink And if every person in your country is as dumb as you, then I consider myself proud to be from the good ol' US of A! eek
Posted By: ForkTong Re: Who hates these graphics? - 09/01/10 09:48 AM
marcusdavidus, could you please try holding the flamewars for other forums? There is no need for name calling. I enjoy console wars and console vs pc discussions as much as the next guy, but don't get personal and most of all not too political about it.

I am not closing this topic, you can fight on as long as you want to, as long as you keep silly arguments out of the discussion. (Like culture and religion and spaghetti monsters.)
Posted By: Zomgnome Re: Who hates these graphics? - 09/01/10 11:51 AM
What? I love D2 graphics, dragon age hardly has anything better to offer on the technical level, infact unlike D2 it looks generally disappointing, and in some areas (lie Redcliff water?) even looks worse then the overall theme (while D2 keeps the same level of looks). aside maybe from a bit more belivebel "faces". On the artistic/ scenery level however, which is more important for me, D2 really is superior to the (mostly) blank environment of DA, it offers many pretty places and detailed surrounding (there is nothing in DA that compares to climbing the tower).

OH AND Unreal Warfare , NO NO NO don't buy a WII, that is a great mistake. After you finish the great zelda, and the even greater metroid prime 3, you are left with a box which you will begin to hate for wasting your money on it. Ok maybe there is also Mario, I never liked Mario thou...
Posted By: Galnospoke Re: Who hates these graphics? - 09/01/10 12:01 PM
GFX is terrible - right, models are VERY simple - look on eg stones - 10-20 polys? I hope that Larian change something... It look like Gothic 2.
Posted By: DeviRyuuD Re: Who hates these graphics? - 09/01/10 12:20 PM
^ ROFL
Who cares about poly`s anyway, what matters is the overall view. Besides pay attention to texture quality rather than poly count.
Posted By: Pyrion Re: Who hates these graphics? - 09/01/10 01:03 PM
I'd have to argue that poly counts used to be relevant back in the day when the only available way to give the illusion of detail was through high poly models, compensating for limited texture sizes and lack of shaders. Nowadays you'd want a high-res normal map on top of a high res skin on a low-poly model to achieve similar results with much less raw gpu utilization.
Posted By: Unreal Warfare Re: Who hates these graphics? - 09/01/10 01:05 PM
Originally Posted by Zomgnome
OH AND Unreal Warfare , NO NO NO don't buy a WII, that is a great mistake. After you finish the great zelda, and the even greater metroid prime 3, you are left with a box which you will begin to hate for wasting your money on it. Ok maybe there is also Mario, I never liked Mario thou...

It's more for my daughter than for me to be honest, though I'll still be having a blast on Dead Space Extraction (which is supposed to be quite good).
Posted By: DeviRyuuD Re: Who hates these graphics? - 09/01/10 01:26 PM
Mmm, now that you mention it, several years back, about 4, textures were`nt all that good, so the games relied on high poly count to make things look good, however looking back at it the poly counts were`nt all that high compared to now. But when talking about Divinity 2 ED, where textures are everything, the high poly count is pretty irrelevant. Though it would look by far better if it had smoother curves and details, but the only prob is that X360 would have trouble keeping up with the graphics, that`s prolly the only reason why it`s like this.
Posted By: Unreal Warfare Re: Who hates these graphics? - 09/01/10 01:53 PM
Originally Posted by DeviRyuuD
Though it would look by far better if it had smoother curves and details, but the only prob is that X360 would have trouble keeping up with the graphics, that`s prolly the only reason why it`s like this.

The thing is the Xbox 360 has no problem rendering high quality visuals (though not at the quality of a modern day over clocked high spec PC which has been argued over countless times so let's not get into this again).

Look at Xbox 360 games like Bayonetta, Gears of War 2, Modern Warfare 2, James Camerons Avatar, Oblivion, etc. They look far from bad and show the Xbox 360 is more than capable of pushing out good graphics even in more open world enviroments (go check out Avatar, seriously it looks very pretty and is pretty open). Past games before it show it's more than capable of rendering games at a high quality, even when multi platform.

I'm not buying that Larian dumbed down Divinity 2s graphics on PC because of the Xbox 360 (not that it looks bad on a decent PC anyway). The game looks technically bad for a Xbox 360 title (go over to xbox.com and read the sheer amount of complaints about it), not just a PC title. God even Risen, Mass Effect 1 & 2 (and Mass Effect was far from dumbed down for PC's), and Dragon Age (despite some texture issues) looks better. The game is poorly optimised for the Xbox 360 from control schemes, to graphics because it is a PC port.
Posted By: Jorlen Re: Who hates these graphics? - 09/01/10 02:03 PM
Marcus, you're really active on this thread in particular. I just wanted to know... Do you actually like Divinity II as a whole? I've seen you talk about it and it seems you know it well enough to have played it quite a bit. Just an honest answer. Forget PC, forget xbox, I'm talking about the GAME itself.
Posted By: marcusdavidus Re: Who hates these graphics? - 09/01/10 02:16 PM
jorlen yep i like divinity2

of course this game got alot of problems that need to be solved ( like rly bad balanced mobs and skills) but i finish game 2 times and i find it quitte fun . so bad end of game ( like last 5 hours) is god mode for your dragon knight and this is disapoiting . i hope them make addon soon :P
Posted By: virumor Re: Who hates these graphics? - 09/01/10 02:47 PM
Once you've finished the game it's actually more fun on a replay. You know what the level of enemies will be in the game's areas and hence can fight them at the right level.

But of course, once you get above level 30 you're invincible. I think this is not bad... it takes long enough to become level 30 and you're supposed to be 'godlike' powerful. It's in fact similar to Morrowind this way.
Posted By: marcusdavidus Re: Who hates these graphics? - 09/01/10 03:04 PM
virumor if ur hardcore player like me second time u play u can easly end game in 17 hours onyl reazon so long is due of lvl diferences between u and enemys so speed run is imposible . but what fun u find in play game again and be sure that the same mob wil be in exacly the same spot ? totally no chelenge . i hope they will fix that in patch/addon

of course on top lvls u should be slighty more powerfull than some normall mobs but not freeking invicible and a bosses like deamon BAAL cannot do anything to u at all. hes an UBER deamon but he die faster than imp ...game should be flat dificult line not like it looks now
Posted By: Libertarian Re: Who hates these graphics? - 09/01/10 04:07 PM
What "hardcore player" wants to rush through an RPG in 17 hours. I like to explore A LOT.
Posted By: Galnospoke Re: Who hates these graphics? - 09/01/10 04:25 PM
^ ROFL
Who cares about poly`s anyway, what matters is the overall view

1) I care
2) ...and overall view is bad. Look on this colours, object, light effects etc.
Posted By: Galnospoke Re: Who hates these graphics? - 09/01/10 04:30 PM
Originally Posted by Pyrion
I'd have to argue that poly counts used to be relevant back in the day when the only available way to give the illusion of detail was through high poly models, compensating for limited texture sizes and lack of shaders. Nowadays you'd want a high-res normal map on top of a high res skin on a low-poly model to achieve similar results with much less raw gpu utilization.

C`mon! Stone cannot be square.
Posted By: Unreal Warfare Re: Who hates these graphics? - 09/01/10 04:43 PM
Originally Posted by Galnospoke

C`mon! Stone cannot be square.

Stonehenge FW!
Posted By: DeviRyuuD Re: Who hates these graphics? - 09/01/10 04:58 PM
Originally Posted by Galnospoke
^ ROFL
Who cares about poly`s anyway, what matters is the overall view

1) I care
2) ...and overall view is bad. Look on this colours, object, light effects etc.

Wow... then go back to your FPS`s, the only thing they have is graphics.
Posted By: Galnospoke Re: Who hates these graphics? - 09/01/10 06:44 PM

Wow... then go back to your FPS`s, the only thing they have is graphics.

Tetris über alles.
Posted By: Zomgnome Re: Who hates these graphics? - 09/01/10 08:44 PM
FPS`s, the only thing they have is graphics.

Hey thats not true, some FPS games have depth in them, and some TPS like metroid 3 are also pretty complex.
Posted By: Pyrion Re: Who hates these graphics? - 09/01/10 11:24 PM
What "hardcore player" wants to rush through an RPG in 17 hours. I like to explore A LOT.

Do you also read books one character at a time to make sure you don't miss anything?

I can blow through a good 300-page novel in half that time and still enjoy it. I consider RPGs to be interactive novels, therefore I don't particularly give a damn about graphics or gameplay if the story's good.

Which it is, at least until you get to the ending...
Posted By: Ninjavitis Re: Who hates these graphics? - 10/01/10 12:30 AM
I think 'hate' is too strong a word for the graphics in Div 2. Coming from someone who is incredibly picky about visuals in anything, I don't think the graphics are horrible, but definitely not Crysis or Resident Evil 5 either. Forests don't really seem very lush, but that's ok. Some of the animation looks fuzzy and choppy (specifically on allot of npc's when they are running, I noticed it quite a bit during one specific quest where I had to follow an npc to a location.) . Overall, I would have to say it mainly has to do with the engine. Tune it up, optimize it, could do some things for the visuals I think. The graphics aren't breathtaking (I was shocked, and still amazed, by crysis, and that was years ago.) But they are acceptable. My only real dislikes are the extreme fluctuations in difficulty (there been numerous times where the game has been fairly easy, and other times when I would enter a cave and there would be a large group of enemies that would kill me in 3-4 shots, being only 2 or so levels above mine, all on the same difficulty.) And dragon form. Honestly? I really don't look or feel very Fearful as the story portrays. But that's just my opinion.
Posted By: Pyrion Re: Who hates these graphics? - 10/01/10 12:42 AM
And it's a Good Thing it's not on par with Crysis. Then this forum would be chock full of people complaining about the slideshow of a framerate they'd have with their systems, nevermind the fact that it would never have managed to have been ported to the 360.

No, I would say the main problem with the graphics is that they took a Real Is Brown approach. Everything is dirty. Granted, it's a medieval theme, so it fits, but it seems like much of the game is evenly split between throwing a sepia brown tone over the entire screen, and throwing a sepia green tone over the entire screen.
Posted By: Phil5000 Re: Who hates these graphics? - 10/01/10 12:43 AM
I play on the 360 and I think the graphics are amazing. But they are spoiled somewhat because there doesn't seem to be any anti alaising, so I get terrible jaggies on everything. I suppose they did that because they figured people would prefer the nice HDR lighting (you can't have both on most cards), but I personally prefer AA, at least on the character.

My other issue is I think the camera is zoomed way too far out and you can't adjust it. Those are my two main issues with the game right there, but neither are game breakers.
Posted By: Pyrion Re: Who hates these graphics? - 10/01/10 12:50 AM
Don't know if the 360 port has this problem, but the PC version has a setting for render resolution and then one for stretching the result to fit the actual screen's resolution (and the stupid thing defaults to 1024x768), so the jaggies might be due to that.
Posted By: Ninjavitis Re: Who hates these graphics? - 10/01/10 01:24 AM
And it's a Good Thing it's not on par with Crysis. Then this forum would be chock full of people complaining about the slideshow of a framerate they'd have with their systems, nevermind the fact that it would never have managed to have been ported to the 360.

I really don't understand why everyone says Crysis is a resource hog. It really isn't. The machine I first played it on was a budget machine. Minus monitor, mouse, keyboard, the tower itself was barely 1000$. Most expensive parts being case and powersupplyI could have sprung for a cheaper case and cheaper PSU and saved myself probably 200-250$. I'm sill using this budget machine by the way. I actually get better frames in crysis, about 25-30 (which is hardly slideshow, still acceptable.) at 1920x1200 than I do in Div 2 to be honest. (No AA, shadows to low.) What people don't seem to realize is that, with any game, not just Crysis, If you crank up everything, AA, all that, of course you will need an expensive high powered machine to run it. Besides, you cant even really notice AA in crysis or any game unless you truly look for it. I have no problem dropping smooth edges for cheap affordable frames any day.
Posted By: Pyrion Re: Who hates these graphics? - 10/01/10 02:14 AM
Probably because the vast majority of gamers who spend that kind of money on both games and systems want to get as much out of their money as possible, so playing a new game at very low settings just to get good framerate simply doesn't cut the mustard anymore.

Now, for the cheaterstrike rejects who are used to the idea of buying completely new hardware just to drop the resolution to 800x600 and drop all settings to low along with a very high gl_picmip just to get the highest framerate possible as if it matters... well, they don't count. smile
Posted By: Ninjavitis Re: Who hates these graphics? - 10/01/10 02:53 AM
Probably because the vast majority of gamers who spend that kind of money on both games and systems want to get as much out of their money as possible, so playing a new game at very low settings just to get good framerate simply doesn't cut the mustard anymore.

Now, for the cheaterstrike rejects who are used to the idea of buying completely new hardware just to drop the resolution to 800x600 and drop all settings to low along with a very high gl_picmip just to get the highest framerate possible as if it matters... well, they don't count. smile

What?

Look, all I'm saying is, it does not take a 2000$+ computer quadruple sli video cards to enjoy today's quality of video games. This machine has lasted for 2 years, and is still going strong, chewing up and spitting out newer game after newer game. People who can only afford a cheap 350$ HP computer system from office depot, really aren't entitled to an opinion when it comes to a game being resource heavy or not and should stick to consoles instead. If you can't keep up, oh well, too bad. Sadly, that's just how it is for pc gaming.
Posted By: BartucTheBloody Re: Who hates these graphics? - 10/01/10 04:11 AM
Hey I m new to this board and didnt know where else to put this but can anyone say how much that texture mod from MasterOfDarkness affects framerate. Also why do my framerates never go above 60 fps, there is no Vsync option and I havent tried to force it through the Nvidia control panel neither. Im using FRAPS
Posted By: Pyrion Re: Who hates these graphics? - 10/01/10 05:38 AM
Originally Posted by Ninjavitis
Look, all I'm saying is, it does not take a 2000$+ computer quadruple sli video cards to enjoy today's quality of video games.

It does if you want to play Crysis "as it was meant to be played." They don't put quality sliders in games just for shits and giggles.

People who can only afford a cheap 350$ HP computer system from office depot, really aren't entitled to an opinion when it comes to a game being resource heavy or not and should stick to consoles instead. If you can't keep up, oh well, too bad. Sadly, that's just how it is for pc gaming.

I wholeheartedly agree.
Posted By: Ninjavitis Re: Who hates these graphics? - 10/01/10 06:43 AM
"as it was meant to be played." They don't put quality sliders in games just for shits and giggles.

That may be so, I always crank up the graphics on a game just to see if my card can handle it and it does. The only slider I don't use is AA. It just isn't needed. It's nice, maybe, but not needed. I barely notice it's off. Besides, the speculation for crysis about it being a resource hog was more so that it required an expensive system to play at all period, not just cranked up to the highest settings. Not spending 2000-3000$ on a computer and still enjoying the game to its fullest potential as opposed to doing so and using AA? they cancel each-other out and are therefore meaningless. I play it the way it was meant to be played.
Posted By: Zomgnome Re: Who hates these graphics? - 10/01/10 07:14 AM
If you play on HD ofc you don't need any AA, but I hardly believe a 2 year PC can run Crysis on its highest settings on HD, simply because mine is actually 2 years old, and back when I bought it it was considered to be high-end, and Crysis only worked smooth (smooth being 24-28 FPS) on High settings. That is before all the Crysis tuners came out that made the game look 10 times better, and work 10 times smoother, which only shows how much Crysis IS actually a resource hog. Besides, Crysis itself may be strong on the tech side, but when it comes to the scenery and artistic of the game itself, there was nothing "impressive" or "breathtaking" about it, while D2 definitely has its moments. Crysis is just demo for their engine.
Posted By: Pyrion Re: Who hates these graphics? - 10/01/10 08:19 AM
Right, antialiasing is for playing at lower resolutions where jaggies are far more pronounced. I don't bother with AA at 1920x1200 either, even though my system is more than capable of handling it, simply because it serves no purpose. If you're capable of noticing jaggies at that resolution, then you need to stop staring at a motionless character, put your hands back on the mouse and keyboard, and actually play the damned game.

That wasn't my point though. Crank everything else up and try playing it on a system from three years ago. Tell me how that goes if you want, though I have a pretty good idea how that'd go since I did that with Crysis back on my Athlon 64 X2 from 1-2 years ago.

And as for Crysis' gameplay value, I beat it in eight hours and never looked back. It's a benchmarking tool that generates interactive Scenery Porn. I prefer my games to have actual substance to them, even if the graphics are sub-par with Crysis in mind.
Posted By: Ninjavitis Re: Who hates these graphics? - 10/01/10 02:06 PM
Crysis came out mid november 2007. I built my computer mid december 2007. It ran crysis just fine. The 8800gt and the q6600 i had back then are still going strong today.

Tech demo maybe (even though it's game play was unique to a majority of shooters at that time.) It also had the best graphics quality at that time. Of course its not the best anymore.
Posted By: marcusdavidus Re: Who hates these graphics? - 11/01/10 06:14 PM

First of all i say " with make 90% of quests" divinity world is SMALL even compare to old games like g2 + night of raven
what a point of exploring empty areas if u know there is totally nothing if i want look on nive views or look on good trees i play g3 or olbi but g3 is max buggfest and ai is crap like hell
and obli is uber easy even with ooo or other overhaul mods

d2 got potencial but rly rly rly bad lvl system ( 5 lvls = invicibility to either of pc or mob)
make game one time rly fun . u cannot do antyhing diferent like u cannot for exemle go to fjords on lvl 13-14 becouse mobs will anihilate u not rly marher how good items u have , and that force player to follow main quest but following main quest after u get your battle tower is boring becouse mobs from that moment start to be lower lvl than u so : god mode is on and after u hit 30 u can go to any place in game and if u got lvl 5 rgen u cna simply go afk and mobs will not kill u .

libertarian : u see i played morrowind like bilion times i know exacly in what chest is what deadric armor in what chest is what deadric claymore etc but that dont mean liek in d2 that game start to be borring.

btw if any one want rly good story in game try freelancer is a space sim more than rpg but story is kick ass

ninjavitis : huh 2-3 k pc for gaming ?>? rotfl i made mine for aboute 1 k and its able to play any game on full detail in full hd without any rpoblems 60 fps constant , bah i can play 2 dao with full texture pack mods on 2 monitors in same time and still get around 40 fps . the whole point is to know how to build pc . real gamer never ever buy premadet pc becouse its cost at last 2 times more than if u make it by yourself

also is no point in buy quad procesors for games e8400 is alot faster in most of games (eccept arma2) than most of quad cores ( maybe only extreme are faster due of more cashe but the cost much more ) is alot better to buy c2d e8400 and cash u save put in beast graphic card same is with ddr3 dont buy it but ddr2 1066 and oc timings saved cash put in graphic card. for price of i7 processor u can get e8400 + gtx 295 so what real point of buyng that cpu? non
so dont spread bs aboute 2-3 k gaming pc cuz good gamer make pc for 1-1.5 k and can play in games for 3 or more years and than he can upgrade easy
Posted By: Joram Re: Who hates these graphics? - 12/01/10 12:59 PM

d2 got potencial but rly rly rly bad lvl system ( 5 lvls = invicibility to either of pc or mob)
make game one time rly fun . u cannot do antyhing diferent like u cannot for exemle go to fjords on lvl 13-14 becouse mobs will anihilate u not rly marher how good items u have , and that force player to follow main quest but following main quest after u get your battle tower is boring becouse mobs from that moment start to be lower lvl than u so : god mode is on and after u hit 30 u can go to any place in game and if u got lvl 5 rgen u cna simply go afk and mobs will not kill u .

I can't agree with this wink

I go to the Orobas Fjords when I was level 13! I kill one by one the Goblins and they are level 18!! Okay, with using greater healing potions, but I DID it and so I level up very quickly! and go futher explore the Orobas Fjords without having my Battle Tower!!

I'm using on that moment a combination of following strategy:
using first Magic Missile (+ passiv skills confusion and destruction to improve a spell!) and combine with arrows! If a Goblin see me, I go backwards a little so justs 1 goblin comes closer... If he is close by, I take a melee weapon and used Wirlwind if if hits me to hard and go again backwards and using magic again! Each Goblin of 5 level above me give me more than 1500 XP!! grin

Edit: AND I'm sure other gamers can do this also on their own way, with another strategy! and next time I go to the Orobas Fjord I wish to use another possibility... who knowns?
Posted By: marcusdavidus Re: Who hates these graphics? - 12/01/10 01:26 PM
u cannot rly pickup mobs one by one without points in ranger tree.Also i was say aboute "hardest" dificulty lvl becouse normal is just ... hmm easy ?
also even if u some how do kill imps on beggining of fjords that make battle lower adn island adventures even easier and its bring god mode even faster so what a point?
Posted By: Unreal Warfare Re: Who hates these graphics? - 12/01/10 01:33 PM
ninjavitis : huh 2-3 k pc for gaming ?>? rotfl i made mine for aboute 1 k and its able to play any game on full detail in full hd without any rpoblems 60 fps constant

Funny because you said your PC was 2k here.

i dont want to play game with 5 years old graphic on my 2k $ pc

More accuracy, and less mistakes, please.

For the record you can probably build a decent gaming PC for less than 1k if you shop around.
Posted By: Ninjavitis Re: Who hates these graphics? - 12/01/10 06:26 PM
ninjavitis : huh 2-3 k pc for gaming ?>? rotfl i made mine for aboute 1 k and its able to play any game on full detail in full hd without any rpoblems 60 fps constant , bah i can play 2 dao with full texture pack mods on 2 monitors in same time and still get around 40 fps . the whole point is to know how to build pc . real gamer never ever buy premadet pc becouse its cost at last 2 times more than if u make it by yourself

You want to re-read my posts maybe? I built mine for around 1000$ (minus peripherals.) My whole argument was that building or buying a pc for 2-3000$ wasn't needed. It has handled every game from the date i built it to now, no problem, max graphics except for AA, which again, is also not needed. Including this game, even though its a mediocre and poorly optimized engine.
Posted By: marcusdavidus Re: Who hates these graphics? - 12/01/10 07:51 PM
unreal yes maybe i dont write it corectly i pay for my pc around 1400 $ . i write 2 k only to show a point
and ninja ok but i rly dont read your next post :P
Posted By: CierraShore Re: Who hates these graphics? - 28/04/10 05:36 AM
Greetings!

As many have already stated (and I realize I'm coming in 3 months after the last post), the graphics do not "kill" the game for me. They're simpler than some other games, but definitely on the artistic side, which I appreciate. The cut-scene graphics look great to me, and I can easily immerse myself in the Divinity world.

I tend towards the rough-edged graphics, as opposed to the "spit polish" kind-- in my opinion, the rough-edge graphics look more artistic and 'hand made', which is my preference.

Also can't help but to mention-- if the storyline isn't good enough, the graphics don't matter to me! I play games for story and immersion (same reason for reading fiction-- immersion into a life other than the one I live), so the former is paramount to me. Larian definitely has good storyline w/ Divinity and Ego Draconis, but I had a hard time getting into Beyond Divinity (preference being for open world exploring, less dungeons). I am looking forward, with great anticipation, to the add-on!

Something I learned very early on when I started gaming was this: do not compare one game with another, enjoy it for itself. I may like one over another, but I can appreciate each game/story for itself-- just as I would with a book or movie.

~~CierraShore
Posted By: LiddaBit Re: Who hates these graphics? - 28/04/10 08:39 AM
Here I was just thinking today that I loved the look of the game, and thinking how all the German games I've played have been beautiful and detailed. (Drakensang, Gothic series, now this) I especially love the look of the tavern in broken vale.

I was very underwhelmed by the visuals of Dragonage. Some spots were amazing, but the art styling I didn't care for at all really.
Posted By: Joram Re: Who hates these graphics? - 28/04/10 08:49 AM
The graphics are nice and detailed and more than good enough for me AND I play on Xbox (on pc the graphics are clearer/sharper than on Xbox) !

If the graphics are really very very good, but the gameplay isn't good, I do not wish to play a game!
If the gameplay is really very good, but the graphics are not so good, I wish to play that game! biggrin
Posted By: KnuckleHead Re: Who hates these graphics? - 28/04/10 12:33 PM
I think the graphics look great...the only small issue I see with the visual presentation is the animations could be smoother.

BTW, I have never in my life spent more than $900 on a computer and play games at high settings. The idea that it takes $2000 to enjoy PC gaming to it's fullest is pure rubbish.
Posted By: Grumbledock Re: Who hates these graphics? - 29/04/10 01:57 AM
I like the graphics, really nice enough to keep you playing without any problems smile
The only thing that bothered me once or twice were the "flat" 2D-images of branches for some of the trees (like spruces etc). But nothing major, It's a great game and I like the way it looks smile
Posted By: Siddham Re: Who hates these graphics? - 29/04/10 10:17 PM
For me the graphics are fine, once I turn off HDR. Gameplay and story and ambience are what matter to me. Just getting started; when I entered the church in the first village I almost smelled the incense. I really like the overall design and feel of the world so far.
© Larian Studios forums