Larian Studios
I know we won't have NA #'s since it hasn't "officially" launched here yet, but how did it do in other countries?

I ask this because the CEO of Larian Studios said this a while back...
http://news.vgchartz.com/news.php?id=4388

I hope to god it does well enough to see a lot more great RPGs from Larian in the future. Divinity II: Ego Draconis was quite a step up in terms of tech and everything for Larian. I'm happy they made the jump, though, and I hope it pays off for them.

More Divinity! cheer
I think you should give it a little longer. Sometimes games which aren't highly advertised or in media spotlight take a while to reach all the consumers.
Divinity 2 was advertised in the UK.
It was basically word of mouth smirk
The distributor didn't do a great job around the time of release some couldn't find it instore, I'm not sure If thas changed.

CDV are doing a great at the moment.
I hope it pays off for Larian and CDV.
Hope it pays off for them as well. Despite the bugs and frustrations, I've enjoyed/been addicted to this game more than any other for a good while.
I hope it does well in the US despite the lack of hype/adverts because it really deserves it.
I'm enjoying this game at least as much as Dragon Age which was hugely overhyped with TV commericials.
Also, I'm not any kind of a Divinity fanboy either. I didn't even like Divine Divinity and I usually don't like European RPGs (ie. Two Worlds, Gothic and Witcher).

If it was not for the Demo I would of missed this. I would say in the UK it has not been mass produced, I mean you could buy Risen in your local supermarket, yet I knew nothing of Divinity until the demo. Only one GAME store out of 4 in my city has a couple of copies for sale. HMV, Gamestation, ToyRus and all the big supermarkets don't have it.
It's gone under the radar a little here I would say. frown
Personally I disliked Dragon age and even though a lot of people didn't experience any bugs, I hit many during the 15-20 hours or so I played it (PS3 version). Thankfully I was able to sell it and not take a huge loss (basically it turned out to be an expensive rental). I'm not much for dialog fests (which DA:O definitely is) and as much as the lore of Mass Effect interested me, the lore of DA felt uninspired. I did not enjoy the combat in DA:O at all. I suppose not every game is for everyone.

I had more fun with the Divinity II demo than I did with Dragon Age! I'm very happy that Larian and CDV are doing a NA release of this great game. There are tons of RPG fans in Canada and US, I'm just hoping that they can open their minds and try something different.
Originally Posted by DivineGamer
Divinity 2 was advertised in the UK.
It was basically word of mouth smirk
The distributor didn't do a great job around the time of release some couldn't find it instore, I'm not sure If thas changed.

CDV are doing a great at the moment.
I hope it pays off for Larian and CDV.

I agree. CDV has done a great job with advertising (internet ads, magazine ads, early release hype with Gamestop, exclusive pre-order offers, etc). The marketing and PR side has done great.
Originally Posted by Killbomb
Hope it pays off for them as well. Despite the bugs and frustrations, I've enjoyed/been addicted to this game more than any other for a good while.

I have to agree. Underneath the technical flaws, this is becoming one of my favorite games. I love it more every time I play it.
© Larian Studios forums