Larian Studios
Posted By: WabeWalker The PC version needs a vanity camera. - 07/01/10 12:22 PM
It would be nice to be able to pan the camera around so that we can see what our characters actually look like - this feature ought to be patched into the game. This is an RPG. We're taking on the role of another person. We want to be able to see that person. This is an important feature that will make an already great game even greater.
Posted By: Greever Re: The PC version needs a vanity camera. - 07/01/10 02:17 PM
You can already do this. In pause mode, press and hold middle mouse button to rotate the camera around your player.
Can this be enabled when not in pause mode? Thank you
On the XBOX 360 if you stand close to an obstical such as a bridge wall and face it and then pan the camera around you can get the camera to force zoom in much closer to your character. There is a limit but it's good enough.

Note XBOX 360 also allows you to pan around the character in real time as well as in pause mode. Maybe check on PC if keyboard options will allow this if I'm thinking mouse is turn...

Edit:

Quick example. I stood in front of a rock and a little tweaking of the camera. Sorry image has a little red from camera flash.
piccy: http://i45.tinypic.com/2wnpda1.jpg
Thanks Dungeon Master, No key mapping exists, I tried the pause mode option.... the only issue here is that there is a big fat pause bar blocking half the screen... Oh man the frustration...
Posted By: Kein Re: The PC version needs a vanity camera. - 08/01/10 01:11 AM
http://www.larian.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=397083#Post397083
Another thought. This would explain why a couple of days ago some guy could not get the right thumb stick to work playing the game on PC using a 360 controller because free-look is what it does.

A small mod from the dev's in a patch could help. One Key when held could allow free-view via mouse, another key to center back to default cam.
Add full 360 control pad support.
Posted By: WabeWalker Re: The PC version needs a vanity camera. - 08/01/10 11:41 PM
360 controller support for the PC would be a welcome addition.
normal pad support even more not evey one got xbox pad
lets vote for support for logitech and support for joysticks in dragon flight mode misle lounched voice info from joy FTW
Posted By: Yurusanzo Re: The PC version needs a vanity camera. - 11/01/10 09:10 PM
any controller support for pc has my vote smile
Posted By: Lurene Re: The PC version needs a vanity camera. - 12/01/10 02:37 AM
Truth
Posted By: AlaCarcuss Re: The PC version needs a vanity camera. - 04/12/10 10:59 AM
Wait a minute.

A cross platform game that's also available on Xbox 360, has no 360 controller support in the PC version?

Don't think I've heard of that before. Way to go Larian...
© Larian Studios forums