Larian Studios
Posted By: Weston Beautiful Visuals, Controls not so much - 07/02/10 10:57 AM
Hi,

I love the eye candy, and it runs fantastic on my computer, however the controls leave me absolutely flat.

Having to move around with the W key to move forward and then using the 1 thru # keys to fire off special abilities is quite honestly very uncomfortable.

I'm writing in hopes that there is some other scheme to the controls that I've not discovered in the game thus far (oh, I am on the demo for this very reason as I've played other (non larian games) where the controls were horrid (D2 controls are not horrid, just very impractical and uncomfortable for me) and that prevented me from purchasing those games.

Anyway, is there some other way of moving the character other than the W (and I assume A S D keys)? Perhaps full mouse control?

Thanks,
Posted By: Raze Re: Beautiful Visuals, Controls not so much - 07/02/10 09:56 PM

Not having the PC version, I don't know if there a way to remap the mouse from camera control to movement, but I don't think so.
You could use a gamepad, though, which is what I'm planning when I eventually build a new computer capable of running D2:ED (I'm playing the Xbox version now). I'm also not a big fan of WASD movement (the arrow keys are a little better, depending on the game), and check out demos as much for the control system as for gameplay.
Yes you can remap all controls under Options then under Contols. I remapped the movement keys to the arrow keys.
© Larian Studios forums