Larian Studios
Posted By: Salenai How to defeat Amdusias? - 04/08/09 09:51 AM
Hi, so, Iīve gotten to the Maxis Temple, where I have to slay Amdusias. He stays in the huge cave, where is the altar located. Dragon Scale is located just halfway to the altar. So, the question is, how do I defeat Amdusias? I ran to the Dragon Scale, took it, and nothing happened. It is not even usable. Amdusias stayed in dragon form even then. Any solution? Thanks.
Posted By: DivineGamer Re: How to defeat Amdusias? - 04/08/09 09:55 AM
Post in the Help/Tips/Tricks.
You already know that since you posted some comments in there yesterday.
Posted By: Salenai Re: How to defeat Amdusias? - 04/08/09 10:08 AM
I tried to post there, but I was not able.
Posted By: Sindrax Re: How to defeat Amdusias? - 04/08/09 10:17 AM
Hi,

after getting the Dragon Scale, you have to use the book, which the ghost of the librarian gave you.

Sorry for my bad english, but I hope you know what I mean ^^
Posted By: madpaddy Re: How to defeat Amdusias? - 04/08/09 11:33 AM
Originally Posted by Sindrax
Hi,

after getting the Dragon Scale, you have to use the book, which the ghost of the librarian gave you.

Sorry for my bad english, but I hope you know what I mean ^^

Yep read the book and he wont be so tough smile.
Posted By: Virc Re: How to defeat Amdusias? - 04/08/09 12:13 PM
MAXOS!
Posted By: Salenai Re: How to defeat Amdusias? - 04/08/09 03:54 PM
You could name a main villain Larian laugh.
Posted By: Phelot Re: How to defeat Amdusias? - 08/08/09 06:05 AM
Hello all!

I am having trouble with this quest as well... I never received a book from the Librarian as far as I know, but I did receive a quest from him to find some other book which I cannot locate. Does he give me the book required to kill Amdusias after giving him this book that he's after? Does anyone know where it is?

This has been a frustrating quest so far. I just can't figure it out but otherwise the game is excellent. Thanks in advance!
Posted By: Phelot Re: How to defeat Amdusias? - 08/08/09 06:25 AM
Actually nevermind, I figured it out. For anyone wondering, once you've searched the priests rooms you should get a key that unlocks a chest on the lower floor of the section their rooms are above. There you'll find the book that you give to the librarian. I don't know why I couldn't figure this out to begin with, but whatever, I'm just glad it's done. Thanks all!
Posted By: killgore Re: How to defeat Amdusias? - 19/10/09 05:23 PM
Hey i am at the dragon i got the dragon scale tooked from the ground where the dragon flies the dragon book that gives you 1 dragon point + the blood from that guy well when i have those three thinks i use the book (dragon is hitting me with his fire) it says: you gain 1 dragon point but after that nothing special happends the dragon won't turn human what do i do plz gimme a detailed solution :P tyvm
Posted By: Darius01 Re: How to defeat Amdusias? - 01/11/09 11:13 PM
Same problem here, I got the book, read it, got the scales and blood and nothing happens. What am I missing?
Posted By: virumor Re: How to defeat Amdusias? - 02/11/09 03:19 AM
You need to use a quest item book, named Arcesso Arcanum II... not a dragon skill book.
Posted By: Inelinc Re: How to defeat Amdusias? - 02/11/09 02:15 PM
Spoiler / fix? Long spoiler on what to do in there.

You kill the guys inside near the book cases, you do the ghost quest to get a book, its in a chest located in the 4 room chamber, wich were habited by the dead ghosts who float around you bring back the book to the library and turn in the quest, and walk to the lava area where the dragon is located, to pick up the dragon scales and also to get the cutscene this is important YOU need to mind read the dragon or you are stuck (this might be a bug since I havent found any other way to open the chest or gain the password, after the scene with the dragon you are not able to mindread him again). You mind read the dragon you taunt with Maxos a few times, and he gets hostile but make sure you mind read first to get the password for the chest to pick up his armor, and some rewards, then read from the book and he gets transformed into a human form, wich you can kill. anyways after the mindreading and all that pick up the scales, go back to the room with the 4 ghost rooms and pick up the dragons blood and open the chest with the password you had read from Amdusias when you have the scales and blood use the book and he gets transformed and you can blast or chop him to pieces, hope I was of help

Posted By: Qwong Re: How to defeat Amdusias? - 04/11/09 08:31 PM
Instead of making a new post ill ask here, how the heck are you supposed to kill him? I mean, I got him to human form, but then what happens? He takes out his bow, shots me for 190-220 dmg, then uses his fear skill or whatever and finishes me with one sword hit, so I'm basically getting 2-shotted here, am I bugged or what? ._. Or maybe I'm not 'supposed' to go there until I get higher lvl? I just dinged 13 and same shit happened.
Posted By: Raven.rpg Re: How to defeat Amdusias? - 04/11/09 08:57 PM
Originally Posted by Qwong
Instead of making a new post ill ask here, how the heck are you supposed to kill him? I mean, I got him to human form, but then what happens? He takes out his bow, shots me for 190-220 dmg, then uses his fear skill or whatever and finishes me with one sword hit, so I'm basically getting 2-shotted here, am I bugged or what? ._. Or maybe I'm not 'supposed' to go there until I get higher lvl? I just dinged 13 and same shit happened.

send your creature on him
after he engaged in close combat(close combat is his weak side) you can kill him easly
Posted By: virumor Re: How to defeat Amdusias? - 04/11/09 11:22 PM

It is a boss battle, so it is supposed to be hard. I am usually level 15-16 at that point, though, but still Amdusias does a lot of damage with his bow. Though it seems Amdusias has been made considerably stronger in the English version.

Note, though, that ranged damage can be reduced with higher dexterity. So if you have a Potion of Dexterity, it's time to drink that. Also, you should always have Potions of Greater Healing.

It is possible if you are a mage or ranger, to take cover behind a rock... then let your creature act as distraction while you shoot him with arrows/pelt him with magic blast or fireball.

For a warrior, you really should have a lot of vitality & strength at this point so you can kill him quickly. As always with bosses, Fatality skill is very useful.
Posted By: Inelinc Re: How to defeat Amdusias? - 05/11/09 03:25 AM
As a warrior you can rush in and get close to him real easy his melee is weakish and you could finish him off quick.

And as Viru said if your a mage or ranger just hide between rocks and lure him out run side ways shoot quick and hide or let your pet tank him a bit whole shooting blasts and missles at him.

Even hide in the shadows works great to escape if you have a pet, you go invis but your pet doesn't, wich makes them go on your pet right away.
Posted By: pletybio Re: How to defeat Amdusias? - 05/11/09 08:54 PM
Hi everyone! I have the book and the blood, but..where i can find the dragon scale? ps sorry for beed english i'm italian :P
Posted By: Raven.rpg Re: How to defeat Amdusias? - 05/11/09 08:58 PM
Originally Posted by virumor

magic blast or fireball.
or magic missiles grin

Hi everyone! I have the book and the blood, but..where i can find the dragon scale? ps sorry for beed english i'm italian :P

under Amdusias
Posted By: pletybio Re: How to defeat Amdusias? - 05/11/09 09:00 PM
near the altar of blood?thanks for the speed answer Raven! smile
Posted By: Raven.rpg Re: How to defeat Amdusias? - 05/11/09 09:06 PM
No problem
Posted By: lovrenkin Re: How to defeat Amdusias? - 08/11/09 12:28 AM
hi all...ok i have a scale ..but don't know where to get blood or how to get it..?
Posted By: Raven.rpg Re: How to defeat Amdusias? - 08/11/09 03:55 AM
Originally Posted by lovrenkin
hi all...ok i have a scale ..but don't know where to get blood or how to get it..?

Amdusias room
Posted By: lovrenkin Re: How to defeat Amdusias? - 08/11/09 10:21 AM
aa tnx Reven...but i have a other problem ..after i kill Amdusias some book appear at altar and after i read it the magic barrier is gone and my inventory open..i don't know whay, i save the game i didin't see nothing different ,after i close the inventory some massage come something like "Your status change...something like that " i pres ok but nothing ,then again still nothing (btw i can't close the inventory or move), after some time different massage come "looking for save game.. ". So can some1 explain to me what i need to do..tnx!
Posted By: lovrenkin Re: How to defeat Amdusias? - 08/11/09 10:25 AM
ok it is good now..after some time i somehow skip that part and continue ...so..np..tnx
Posted By: lovrenkin Re: How to defeat Amdusias? - 08/11/09 12:45 PM
is there any chest or something wher can i put my stuffs,items ..my bag is all the time full!!
Posted By: Kein Re: How to defeat Amdusias? - 08/11/09 01:37 PM
Yes, you will get it later in the game. Currently a special skill for that is your friend.
Posted By: lovrenkin Re: How to defeat Amdusias? - 08/11/09 02:53 PM
tnx..i know for skill ..it is 5/5..so i asking smile...btw i am now on isle where i have quest to get 4 apprentice 4 my tower ..i have all 4 after that the women isle say that i finish quest and i can go to my tower but the pat is still block with magic ..what do i need to do? and yes my necroman whose slain my his assistant Igor!? if some 1 know what to do...
Posted By: Raven.rpg Re: How to defeat Amdusias? - 08/11/09 03:48 PM
after you save soldier(Something with E) he will give you book
go the grave with three candle and you will understand rest of it
Posted By: lovrenkin Re: How to defeat Amdusias? - 08/11/09 04:13 PM
tnx
Posted By: lovrenkin Re: How to defeat Amdusias? - 09/11/09 07:30 PM
some1 know where to find Captain Rodney .i know he whose in house in village where guards are..but now after some time i can't find him ,last time i see him in house before i get a quest and go at bandit camp .after that hi is not in house..i don some quest (in guards house on board) and now i can't finish them ?
Posted By: Saalikh Re: How to defeat Amdusias? - 29/11/09 05:48 AM
Hi,

i am trying to defeat amdusias but no luck. I am 12 mage and basicaly he is wipeing the floor with me it takes countless re-tries to get close to him and i cannot manage much damage with meele and none of my spells do any damage either.
Any help, this is frustrating
Posted By: Emperor Re: How to defeat Amdusias? - 29/11/09 08:27 AM
Originally Posted by Saalikh
Hi,

i am trying to defeat amdusias but no luck. I am 12 mage and basicaly he is wipeing the floor with me it takes countless re-tries to get close to him and i cannot manage much damage with meele and none of my spells do any damage either.
Any help, this is frustrating

Go back and do some side quests bud, that's the only solution.

Originally Posted by virc
MAXOS!

That was hell of a fun lol. And there was that Larian, Librarian guy too hah.
Posted By: Saalikh Re: How to defeat Amdusias? - 29/11/09 04:10 PM
there are not many side quests left to me at this point, is there a spell that will work against him
Posted By: w00rmy Re: How to defeat Amdusias? - 30/11/09 08:47 AM
dude how do i create a creature at the necromancer? i have many torsos and legs and heads and hands but when i press ok nothing happenes
Posted By: lovrenkin Re: How to defeat Amdusias? - 01/12/09 05:59 PM
dude how do i create a creature at the necromancer? i have many torsos and legs and heads and hands but when i press ok nothing happenes

you need to find necromancer to make create ..one necromancer is in Broken Valley (Derelict Tunnels i think )you need to do same quest for him, then you have one when you come to Sentinel Island,and you will gain your on necromancer when you get your Battle Tower at Sentinel Island...

and you need skeleton skull to make create(it is a quest item for the necromancer in Broken Valley)
Posted By: Promethus Re: How to defeat Amdusias? - 05/12/09 02:50 AM
Where do I find the password for his chest in his room
Posted By: scalla Re: How to defeat Amdusias? - 05/12/09 12:45 PM
In his mind.
Posted By: Luciano121 Re: How to defeat Amdusias? - 05/01/10 04:40 PM
How do you defeat him? ( I know this has been asked before) but he is ridiculously good, one shot kill for me. I am a warrior with loads of mage skills, the dead rising skill doesnt do shit, how can I do it?
Posted By: Savan Re: How to defeat Amdusias? - 05/01/10 06:16 PM
Originally Posted by Luciano121
How do you defeat him? ( I know this has been asked before) but he is ridiculously good, one shot kill for me. I am a warrior with loads of mage skills, the dead rising skill doesnt do shit, how can I do it?

Get as close to him as you can, his long range attacks are super powerful.
I find my self repeatedly getting poisoned and catching fire while I try to deal with the skeletons. Any easy or quick way?
Posted By: Luciano121 Creature? - 05/01/10 07:16 PM
Hey, everyone keeps talking about using their creature. How and where do I get one? (I am still in Broken valley and no I havent defeated Almudias or whatever)
Posted By: Savan Re: Creature? - 06/01/10 10:41 AM
I got my creature really early in the game. So long as you have body parts you get a beastie.
(i don't know how to hide spoilers so i'll give a warning.)

-SPOILER-
There is a necromancer in a cave by the church/cathedral ruin.
Posted By: Luciano121 Re: Creature? - 06/01/10 10:44 AM
I cant get to the old cave though anyone?
Posted By: Lunainin Re: Creature? - 06/01/10 10:53 AM
You can also get a creature (ghost) that heals you.
It's in the left talent tree, i didnt get my creature until later in the game
Posted By: ACSS Re: Creature? - 06/01/10 11:29 AM
Having the necromantic creature as early as possible will help a lot as compare to summons which is duration limited. I personally never get any summons until lvl20 to obtain the demon summon. Still its not being use frequently, as compare to the necromantic creature which accompany me through out the game.
Posted By: Savan Re: Creature? - 06/01/10 12:51 PM
Originally Posted by Luciano121
I cant get to the old cave though anyone?

-spoiler-

The cave is by the cathedral teleport (by the higher goblin camp). There is a goblin hut on stilts further along the path, you should see two large doors (with skulls on them) to the left of it. Isn't too hard to miss. smile
Posted By: ltolman Re: Creature? - 08/01/10 01:46 AM
Heres my tip (or what not)

Level 12 Warrior

I actually did read this and decided to drink a dexterity potion

I used my "Rush Attack" which ended up knocking him down
I Summoned my Ghost
Then melee'd him to death

Granted yes it did take me a lot of tries but somehow I managed.

And you'll be shocked when you see what talents I had:

Summon Ghost 1
Whirlwind 1
Rush Attack 2
Jump Attack 1

My Hit Points at the time was like 219 or something and I did kept getting hit for 229 to 259 but that potion really really helped so thanks smile
Posted By: Joey185912 Re: Creature? - 08/01/10 03:32 AM
Any help here would be greatly appreciated. i'm trying to kill him, he's human but he one hits me every time. i have decent dex but im mainly a level 13 vit/str knight. all my saves have that overwrite corruption thing going on so i cant go back, i have 20 health pots. but no pet and no ghost. i have good armor and shield too. whenever i get close, he either uses his Fear (makes me run away) and uses exploding arrow. or just uses exploding arrow whenever i get close. he never stops to take out his sword.
Posted By: phoenix96 Re: How to defeat Amdusias? - 09/02/10 08:25 AM
PLEASE HELP/REPLY
What book does the libarian give you: I don't think i recived it
Posted By: phoenix96 Re: How to defeat Amdusias? - 09/02/10 08:28 AM
PLEASE HELP/REPLY
What do you do to defeat amdusias(the weird dragon guy please reply)in the maxos temple)
Posted By: Raze Re: How to defeat Amdusias? - 09/02/10 08:56 AM

Did you find the book the librarian was looking for? If so, the second volume will be in your quest item list (same name) after you return the first. Read it and you will find the spell needed to turn Amdusias human again (it requires a couple ingredients, which you may or may not have found yet).

If you have not found the book yet, explore everywhere, and open all the chests.
The key is upstairs in the quarters, in one of the rooms (hidden behind a false wall with Amdusias' chest), while the chest with the book is downstairs.
Posted By: KnifeintheDARK Re: How to defeat Amdusias? - 09/02/10 04:31 PM
If your a war you shoud take him out of his dragon form when you reach the alter so he wont bow u to death i got hit by 315 on hard ouch D:
Posted By: Dragonbane Re: How to defeat Amdusias? - 09/02/10 05:40 PM
When you first go into the chamber where he is hovering as a dragon you will go into a cutscene and talk to him(MINDREAD) him to get the password to his chest.....
Posted By: cj8189 Re: How to defeat Amdusias? - 12/02/10 03:00 AM
when i go ther the only item i see is scales i dont know how to get him into human form WAT DO I DO WITH THE SCALES I DO THIS ON MY XBOX AND THER IS NO CHEST IM LOST SOME1 PLZ HELP ME
Posted By: Raze Re: How to defeat Amdusias? - 12/02/10 10:52 AM

From Amdusias' chamber, head back towards the library until you get to the intersection of the corridors. One of the directions is blocked off, the other way you will find a couple chests, a statue and stairs leading up to several bedrooms. Explore everywhere in there and you should find the key to the chest downstairs which has the book that the librarian wants, who in return will give you the book that you need.

Welcome to the forum. wave
Posted By: cj8189 Re: How to defeat Amdusias? - 12/02/10 05:44 PM
ty i got it now but now im stuck in the sental island place i got the book and all of the trainers and the egg and the book plz message me back soon
Posted By: Odin86 Re: How to defeat Amdusias? - 13/02/10 07:43 PM
u.u I did that... i go close form him, but that stupid man throw confusion, I Have tried with my criature, with the demon, the ghost, praying, beggin on knees, giving to him money, with an army complete, and always kill me.... ŽŽ , im bored of that, and the game no happy to kill me each second i got a problem. frown

I have saved in the room where it fights with amdusias.... now when I load the game the silly characther appear out of the room, and the fck doorīs room, is CLOSE, now i donīt know what to do....

Can someone help me please.... i donīt want to lose my time.. the autosave has mad that years ago. lolz

(If I have bad english, sorry im spanish speaker, anyway i think the reader is understanding to me)

Thanks you so much for your help.
Posted By: Dragonbane Re: How to defeat Amdusias? - 13/02/10 08:15 PM
aargh All i can say is hopefully you have close combat weapons to switch to via F1, F2, F3 keys. You need to be close to him so he doesnt fire Explosive Arrows at you. Get close use the dip in the spine to make him miss first shot then charge him.

Good Luck rpg005
Posted By: Raze Re: How to defeat Amdusias? - 13/02/10 08:48 PM

Is the save you made inside the chamber the only one you have, besides the old auto save?

Did you try exiting the game, restarting from the dashboard and then loading the game again?

There is a teleporter shrine in the corridor intersection you could use to leave and level up, or get more potions, check for better equipment, etc. For now that doesn't matter unless you can get back in the room.
Posted By: Sonkun Re: How to defeat Amdusias? - 13/02/10 08:52 PM
hi...umm... iv looked everywhere for blood but i cant find it... where is it exactly?
Posted By: Raze Re: How to defeat Amdusias? - 13/02/10 09:00 PM

It is in a small vial, that looks kind of like a candle at first glance...
it is in the hidden room with Amdusias' chest, upstairs in one of the bedrooms.

Posted By: twins14 Re: How to defeat Amdusias? - 14/02/10 07:49 AM
Hey someone, im in the maxos temple attempting to defeat amdusias, i have the dragon scales, but cannot find the blood, can anyone help out? also how do i get the blocked hallway open???
Posted By: Raze Re: How to defeat Amdusias? - 14/02/10 08:29 AM

Read my post immediately above yours for an answer about the blood.
When Amdusias is defeated the blocked passage will open.

BTW, if you edit your two new topics about this, there is a 'Delete Post' button beside the 'Change Post' and preview buttons, which will remove the topic, as well (as long as nobody replies to it). This will not drop your post count.
Posted By: Dragonbane Re: How to defeat Amdusias? - 14/02/10 01:19 PM
The Vial of Blood is hidden in plain sight in Amdusias' bedroom... rpg008
Posted By: clankyturtle Re: How to defeat Amdusias? - 15/02/10 09:15 AM
wher do i get amdusias blood from... thats my only problem man....
Posted By: Raze Re: How to defeat Amdusias? - 15/02/10 09:34 AM

If you didn't notice this after you posted, scroll up where the last two questions before yours in this topic are also where to find the blood, and you will see the answer (a hint, the room location, and a spoiler with exact details).

Posted By: grim reaper 420 Re: How to defeat Amdusias? - 15/02/10 05:22 PM
ic ant find the blood in dudes room
Posted By: Raze Re: How to defeat Amdusias? - 15/02/10 08:35 PM

If you didn't notice this after you posted, scroll up where the last three questions before yours in this topic are also where to find the blood, and you will see the answer (a hint, the room location, and a spoiler with exact details).

Specifically, look on the table/bed across from the Amdusias' chest (that asks for a password) for the "small vial, that looks kind of like a candle at first glance...". There just isn't that much in the section of the room that was hidden, so look at everything.

Posted By: Dezo2787 Re: How to defeat Amdusias? - 05/03/10 11:35 PM
hey but where can I find the blood
Posted By: Chiefwaffles Re: How to defeat Amdusias? - 05/03/10 11:37 PM
to get the blood, go to amdusias' bedroom and try to pick up a book on the left of the shelf, a door will open and you will find amdusias' storeage and a phial of blood, in other words, the blood
Posted By: Tirna Re: How to defeat Amdusias? - 20/10/10 12:37 AM
No problem getting the vial nor the books, nor his password, but I cannot find the dragon scale. I know it's near the altar, but I'm not seeing it. I assume just reading the book without having the scale in inventory won't do the job.

Does someone have a screen shot to pintpoint exactly where it is?

Thanks,
Posted By: Gwenio Re: How to defeat Amdusias? - 20/10/10 12:48 AM
Originally Posted by Tirna
No problem getting the vial nor the books, nor his password, but I cannot find the dragon scale. I know it's near the altar, but I'm not seeing it. I assume just reading the book without having the scale in inventory won't do the job.

Does someone have a screen shot to pintpoint exactly where it is?

Thanks,

No screen shot, but it is a big lump on the ground (brownish from what I remember) just after the bridge out to the alter and between two other things (might have been brazers). In any case, there are only four things out there: that alter/blood fountain, the scale, and two other decorations.
Posted By: Tirna Re: How to defeat Amdusias? - 20/10/10 01:50 AM
My thanks. That point in the right direction was all I needed.
Posted By: Major-Suicide Re: How to defeat Amdusias? - 12/11/10 09:02 AM
(SPOILER ALERT & TIPS) (DO NOT READ) unless you want to wink

Just thought I would put this out there, I have been killing him over an over again to see what he drops and so far I have found he always drops the soul stone, dragon bone helmet, and 2 random items, one of them is always a random jewel and the other is usually a charm or some crappy item, but for charms he has a chance to drop +4 vitality, +4 Dex, +4 spirit?, +4 Str, and anywhere from +6-+8 melee damage, have not seen the +4 Int yet, but it took me forever to find the +4 Str, good luck!

Also, his chest spawns a random gem and random charm, but there is always his helmet that looks kind of like a samurai helmet with mask and it is lvl 19, but the helmet stats change every time so my advice is to save your game before you answer the password an keep loading untill you find a helmet with stats you like. best you can hope for is one with 2 blue random stats of your liking 2 empty charm slots an 2 random enchantments. wink

Also, when farming for items, just look for good base stats an more charm slots if you can, if the item has enchantments you dont like, not to worry, you can have them disenchanted and enchant them with whatever you want later, if you have the mats anyways wink
Posted By: Karmapowered Re: How to defeat Amdusias? - 19/11/10 11:12 AM
(removed unnecessary rant by my own decision)

Let's just say that I wish that the battle against Amdusias had been designed otherwise on "Hard" setting, but that's just a personal opinion.

I am too fond of the other parts of this awesome game for this to really matter.
Posted By: hyde674 Re: How to defeat Amdusias? - 10/01/11 06:34 PM
Hi I can't find the key to get the book plez help
Posted By: luimanLG Re: How to defeat Amdusias? - 10/01/11 06:43 PM
go to the place where are the rooms, in one of them you select a book from a bookcase that will open a secret part of the room...
Posted By: Abalam2332 Re: How to defeat Amdusias? - 27/06/11 12:24 PM
you have to get the scales and his blood its located in the other room up the staires you give the book the ghost wants and he will give a another book. with that book theres a spell you need amdusias blood vile and the scales that turns him back into a human
Posted By: Abalam2332 Re: How to defeat Amdusias? - 27/06/11 12:25 PM
its in the room right next to the chest in a vile looks like a candle at first
Posted By: DivineMan19 Re: How to defeat Amdusias? - 27/04/12 03:39 AM
I beat him at level 11 with a two handed sword that does 20-56 physical dmg. He was lvl 13. Not hard at all.
Posted By: Joram Re: How to defeat Amdusias? - 27/04/12 07:12 AM
That's because Amdusias is most weak in melee !
You must have had luck he had not hte change to shoot an exploding arrow at you ! And he can use also Fear or a Stunning Arrow ! But attack him as fast as you can with a melee weapon and you got him on his most weak spot biggrin

I use Hide in Shadows or Rush Attack to fast attack with melee weapon to force him to draw his sword ...
My Creature with a Ghoulish Head is very useful doing a Rush Attack and making an end on Amdusias' life with a Fatality blow !
Posted By: hello im bob Re: How to defeat Amdusias? - 05/05/12 02:43 AM
Ok so i have gottin the orbis arcesso and i have done the quest for the librian but it never gave me the secound book, like i have got his chest, made him mad and got the lower chest but i dont got teh secound arcesso book where do u get it
Posted By: Raze Re: How to defeat Amdusias? - 05/05/12 02:54 AM

It should be put directly into the quest item section of your inventory when you talk to the librarian and hand over the first volume. I don't think the name of the second volume changes, so just go through the quest related books to find it.

Posted By: Ariona Re: How to defeat Amdusias? - 06/05/12 03:13 AM
How do you call that not hard? My charcter (Ariona) is a ranger she has good weapons like a warhammer or something, and I'm level twelve. Amdusias keeps shoting explosive arrows at me or something, and I'm tired of continingly dying and restarting, a creature at my side, too. I don't know what it is, plus I also have an UnDead summoner, too. Not even that will help, and the UnDead just dies as soon as an arrow strikes it. I need to upgrade my strength or something don't I? Or dash over that with that quick dash sort of thing. I have very strong warhammers, and I just might be able to kill Amdusias.
Posted By: Raze Re: How to defeat Amdusias? - 06/05/12 03:30 AM

Amdusias is level 15, so it would be better if you were, as well (giving you access to the Healing spell, Explosive Arrows, etc). Playing a ranger in DKS I found close range splitting arrows quite effective against bosses, though didn't learn it until later (character level 24). Some of the skills were modified a bit from the original release, and unique bows added, etc.

If you run at a bit of an angle and jump on your way towards Amdusias, you may be able to avoid his first Explosive Arrow, and get within melee range before he can use it again. Alternately, you could learn Rush Attack if you have a spare skill point (you will eventually be able to redistribute your skill points, for a price, so it will not be 'wasted').

You can reload a save before entering Amdusias' chamber, use the teleporter shrine in the centre of the hallways to leave the temple and then either finish off stuff around Broken Valley, or head to the fjords (mountain path in the far south west of Broken Valley).

When you finish off Amdusias you will get access to Sentinel Island. Your first encounter there you can mindread to go up a level, so the higher level you are the more of an experience bonus that will be (I made it to 18 in the fjords in the original release of D2:ED, and to level 22 in DKS). You don't need to get to a high level, but it would be better if you got to a new level before entering, to get a full level bonus (equip anything you have with a Wisdom boost).

Posted By: Joram Re: How to defeat Amdusias? - 06/05/12 07:05 AM
Rush Attack is indeed a nice skill against Amdusias.
But if you can find/buy a yewellery item with the skill Hide in Shadows on it that is also very useful !
I used a Creature with a Ghoulish Head (skills: Rush Attack & Fatality). Further on summoned my Ghost to heal me (best thing is to have your Ghost behind you so the enemy do not attack the Ghost directly ... Both, summon Ghost or Undead hurls fireballs to the enemies, but the Ghost can Heal you too smile ! But it's important to upgrade summons to the most higest level you can so the summon has more change to survive for a short time wink

After Amdusias become human form I jumped & runned fast away from him to the closed gate using Hide in Shadows so I'm sure Amdusias do not follow me !
After that I wait till the cool down time of Hide in Shadows is over, drink some resistance or other potion (strength, dexterity, intelligence) ... make a new save game, summon my Creature & Ghost, start running to Amdusias while using Hide in Shadows. Then, when I'm close by him, my Creature with Ghoulish Head start to attack Amdusias with melee. Now it's time to start attacking him with a melee weapon !! And if needed drink a healing potion to be sure and in the meanwhile don't stop attacking Amdusias with a melee weapon, don't stop so he have no time to attack your Ghost (and so the Ghost have time and a chance to heal you if needed !
And if you have 1 point in Rush Attack you can also use it when you're close to Amdusias using Hide in Shadows.
But beware: if your manapool is empty Hide in Shadows stop working (it use mana per second) and you become visible again !But you can drink a potion or eat, you remain invisible !

This way the battle was fast over AND I killed Amdusias smile But a good strategical plan was helpful !! laugh

Note : you can also use the spell Healing (required level 15) and remain invisible while using Hide in Shadows wink

Good luck ! up
Posted By: Stabbey Re: How to defeat Amdusias? - 06/05/12 11:42 AM
Amdusias is the first really nasty boss, and everything after him will be level 16 or higher, so I would go do more quests until you're closer to level 15 - the skills you get there will really help - Healing and your own Explosive Arrow.

If you've built your ranger with a focus on dexterity and ranger skills, switching to warhammers will probably not be all that effective unless your bow is underpowered AND you've got a bunch of points into Strength. Getting close enough to Amdusias to use the hammers without taking an exploding arrow to the face will likely be difficult anyway. If you can get that close and have points into Splitting Arrow, you could try that.

I think your wisest course would be to come back at level 15.
© Larian Studios forums