Larian Studios
Posted By: Darmontis Help require... The 3 Talisman - 31/08/09 08:24 AM
In the derelicted caverns, you find 3 talisman, talisman of the east, west and south.

What is their purpose and where should they be used?
Posted By: Alex__ Re: Help require... The 3 Talisman - 31/08/09 09:45 AM
they need to be used in the same cave middle of it there is a statue "in light".. put talismans in correct order and u will get talisman of the north
Posted By: kazuma6666 Re: Help require... The 3 Talisman - 14/11/09 03:57 PM
I got 2 talisman (east and west) and I just re-explored the whole derelict caverns, I just can't find the talisman of the south. Can anyone tell where it is?
Posted By: MagizZziaN Re: Help require... The 3 Talisman - 14/11/09 11:19 PM
same problem...
Posted By: guenthar Re: Help require... The 3 Talisman - 15/11/09 09:13 AM
I didn't get the south one either.
Posted By: supamario Re: Help require... The 3 Talisman - 15/11/09 12:14 PM
I believe the south one is in the corner near the goblin hamlet exit. Its in a tree near a red ore vein.
My problem is that I have all 3 and dont know where I'm supposed to put them. Someone mentioned a book. Is that whats required to trigger the quest so I can use the 3 talisman?
Posted By: DeviRyuuD Re: Help require... The 3 Talisman - 15/11/09 12:37 PM
As much as i`ve heard, in that cavern where you get those amulets, in the middle there is supposed to be a statue near a staircase. Use one of the amulets near the statue and you should get Amulet of the North.
Posted By: supamario Re: Help require... The 3 Talisman - 15/11/09 01:59 PM
I think I know the location, but it doesnt look like you can use the talisman without triggering the quest in the first place. How is the quest obtained?
Posted By: MagizZziaN Re: Help require... The 3 Talisman - 15/11/09 03:09 PM
if im correct, u can find 2 amulets in chests. 1 in a tree near and ore veign. if you read a book. there is mentioned about a gobling war, in wich they wanna summon a demon with those amulets. if u you use 1 of the three near that statue devi talked about, u get the north. after taht i "think!" u wil have to put them 2gether. and then u wil get a necklace. wich is rather good!

-Magiz
Posted By: supamario Re: Help require... The 3 Talisman - 15/11/09 03:57 PM
I simply just had to double-click on the necklace... how silly of me.
Posted By: MagizZziaN Re: Help require... The 3 Talisman - 15/11/09 04:00 PM
so thats solved...
Posted By: MrB Re: Help require... The 3 Talisman - 20/11/09 02:46 AM
I found all 3, and read the book. Then destroyed the book, due to space constraints, and now, i cant get the darn statue to do anything else then shoot lightning at me? Am i screwed?
Posted By: MrB Re: Help require... The 3 Talisman - 21/11/09 01:35 AM
This is just insane. The book in question is the "dusty tome" laying on the bench nearby the statue, right?
The right statue is the one in the crossroad section, right?
The talismans are South, west, and east, right?
*sighs* I'm giving up. No necklace, regardless of what it gives, is worth this much headache. I started over, just to figure this out, and didn't trash the book this time around. And still the bloody statue just tosses lightning at me. I think i will cry.

I was in so much of a hurry, i came here as level 5. For some reason the troll killing the "drunk" soldiers, was at full health when it started coming at me... That was intense. A lot of jumping around in the rocks, and probably 20 minutes is what it took to kill it. And all that, and still i cant get this darn talisman thingy to work...
As far as i can tell the book doesn't contain any help on what order the talismans should be presented in, and as b4, I've tried all combinations. I get hard stares, nothing, is still, and shines. All followed by a blaze of lightning.

If anyone knows whats messed up, and doesn't wanna put a spoiler in here, fine. Send me a PM or something. I'm unable to get this worked out on my own, so unless i hear something, this will remain unresolved, and I'll go seek greener pastures.
B!
Posted By: darech76 Re: Help require... The 3 Talisman - 21/11/09 04:12 AM
I think you're doing it at the wrong statue... wait, crossroads? Yup, wrong one.

*SPOILER*

Go to the statue at the base of the stairs right next to a door leading down.
Posted By: MrB Re: Help require... The 3 Talisman - 22/11/09 06:07 AM
Your description makes it sound like here:
Removed picture to eliminate a possible spoiler...

Just so happens thats where I've been trying.
B!
Posted By: MrB Re: Help require... The 3 Talisman - 24/11/09 12:40 AM
Guess no-one knows. I'll leave the picture linked a day more, then it's gone, to eliminate any mistakes, and a possible spoiler.
B!
Posted By: Conan 1 Re: Help require... The 3 Talisman - 26/11/09 12:24 AM
Same problem here. The statue in the pic is the one I'm trying too!
It's at the bottom of the stairs if you come from Goblin Hamlet side.

I have all 3 talismans and all the statue does is hit me with a bolt of something for 272HP.

Getting tired of trying this to no avail! frown
Posted By: Clive99 Re: Help require... The 3 Talisman - 26/11/09 12:45 AM
Keep trying,the statue don't gonna kill you!
Posted By: Conan 1 Re: Help require... The 3 Talisman - 26/11/09 01:52 AM
*SOLVED*

Place Talisman's in this order: West-East-South.........The statue starts to shine!

Not sure if that was the correct way, or it was just due to the fact that She just took my health down to 14 and I thought to myself, 'I might as well die trying', and did it again right away.

HTH
Posted By: Theodorick Re: Help require... The 3 Talisman - 19/01/10 08:22 AM
The statue is in the middle area where there are stone walls and metal grate/bars. It has a lit torch on the wall on either side of it, a big potted plant on each side of it, and a couple of small pots on the floor with flowers in them. The torches brightly illuminate the area. It's in the middle of the tunnels right next to where the tunnel starts south to the Citadel exit. "Use" talismen in order: west, east, south... Hope this is clear enough to help people.
Posted By: Joram Re: Help require... The 3 Talisman - 19/01/10 11:58 AM
And don't forget:
you can also use the Talismans on another place to have an extra item. But do this first, before using the Talismans by the Statues! wink
If I remeber good, that place is IN the Secred Passage, nearby the Chapel Shrine.
It is by a throne/chair, surrounded by animal pelts ...
Posted By: conqueror Re: Help require... The 3 Talisman - 06/03/10 07:06 PM
OK here is where to find the talisman to the south....

Ok go to goblin hamlet exit.

go till the corner where there are the red ore..

do not look at the small green trees.

Look at the left. there is a chest in the big wooden tree...
between the second and third red ore of the left hand side..

BIG wooden tree... It should be in between the houses of the monsters..

I did find a hard time to find the talisman of the south myself and hope that this will be useful for other players as well.
Posted By: Hellhoe Re: Help require... The 3 Talisman - 07/07/11 12:27 PM
It's the demon statue you need to be looking for, not some voodoo totem $h!t.
Posted By: ChrisHLD Re: Help require... The 3 Talisman - 23/01/12 06:45 PM
I got it to work too...

In front of demon statue I used east-west-south and got nailed by lightening. Then I went west-east-south and the statue glowed and I found the talisman of the north in my gear. Talisman of the North is a necklace and WELL worth it
Posted By: jondoj Re: Help require... The 3 Talisman - 07/02/12 07:29 AM

Hi

Help require... The 3 Talisma.I could not understand what is this need more explanations in this regard.
Posted By: Joram Re: Help require... The 3 Talisman - 04/07/12 06:30 AM
Originally Posted by Theodorick
The statue is in the middle area where there are stone walls and metal grate/bars. It has a lit torch on the wall on either side of it, a big potted plant on each side of it, and a couple of small pots on the floor with flowers in them. The torches brightly illuminate the area. It's in the middle of the tunnels right next to where the tunnel starts south to the Citadel exit. "Use" talismen in order: west, east, south... Hope this is clear enough to help people.

I did it correctly, but nothing happen ! I've the impression that sometimes it seems like a "bug" is showing up ! I tried to go out the Delerect Tunnels and go in again to give it another try, but so far to no avail ... frown
Very stange !

Question: can it be I'm standing to far or to close to that demon statue using the Amulets ?
Posted By: Raze Re: Help require... The 3 Talisman - 04/07/12 09:22 AM

Did you check the ground in front of the statue and see if there is now a small jewellery box style chest there? If nothing happened, then presumably you were not getting hit by lightning...
Try using the amulets in the wrong order (save first, just in case they do too much damage), and see if you get a reaction.

IIRC the statue is on the left as you enter the room from the stairs leading up from the southern (IIRC) branch of the tunnels. I'm not sure what the acceptable range is from the statue; I think I was a little outside the usual distance you would talk to an NPC from. Maybe if your character is standing on the spot the chest needs to appear it can not trigger? Maybe try from farther back, or off to the side.
Posted By: Joram Re: Help require... The 3 Talisman - 05/07/12 06:10 AM
No bug, but it do not work when you are standing to far from the statue (and plants) !
The little chest appear between the legs of the statue, so in fact your hero can't stand to close to the statue wink

Happy I've my Amulet of the North smile

Oo oops ... can't resist to start a new hero from the early beginning in Farglow ! Love the music & sounds in Farglow and especially the soundtrack you hear when you travel with the Zeppelin to Broken Valley !
thankyou Kirill Prokovsky smile
© Larian Studios forums