Larian Studios
Posted By: scoobydoo archmage set - 31/01/10 03:04 PM
does anybody know exactly which locations I can find all pieces of the archamge set in stones flying place?

do I need lockpick skill? there are 3 pieces I cannot seem to locate and I need to find them. are they in any locked chests? or are they all acessible without the need of loclpick?
Posted By: amygdala Re: archmage set - 31/01/10 04:24 PM
I haven't reached that point in the game yet, but this is from a walkthrough by seorin. I can't vouch for the accuracy and I do not know the lock level of the chests.

-The ten piece Archmage set is hidden in treasure chests around the fortress.

1: The ring is straight northeast of the entrance, right next to the first
generator.

2: The cuirass is slightly northeast of the last (northernmost) generator.

3: The gauntlets are just a couple tents south of the cuirass.

4: The earrings are on the same platform as the gauntlets and cuirass, at its
southeastern end.

5: The belt is on the same platform as the gauntlets, cuirass, and earrings,
but one level up. It's just south of the ramp leading up to the top level.

6: The leggings are on the same platform as the last several pieces, but at
the very top, on the northwest side.

7: The helmet is hidden on a tiny platform south of Stone's Greenery.

8: The necklace is on the east side of a small platform overlooking Stone's
Greenery from the north.

9: The bracelet is on the northeastern side of the lower tier of the large
platform beneath Stone's Greenery.

10: The warhammer is northwest of the entrance, two levels up.
Posted By: Stabbey Re: archmage set - 31/01/10 05:14 PM
Having level 5 Lockpick is a good idea before you finish Sentinel Island, never mind Oroboras Fjords, so max it as soon as possible anyway.
Posted By: scoobydoo Re: archmage set - 31/01/10 07:03 PM
I had spare points saved and some books. I was not convinced i needed lockpicking. but it seems I do.

the last items are in locked chests.
Posted By: Zomgnome Re: archmage set - 31/01/10 07:18 PM
Actually I don't think lock picking is that important before really end-game. Sure if u can spare the points thats not bad, but you can always find the best gear either in shops (legendery items) or by killing bosses (which you don't need lock picking for). You only need lock picking for the sets, but your only going to hunt for those sets very very late in the game, so you can just unlearn your skills to take lockpicking and tahts it. Just unlearn and put 5 points into it (I don't know if the locked chests of the set are lower then 5, but I doubt it).

Its much easier to use this map http://guides.gamepressure.com/divinityiiegodraconis/guide.asp?ID=8195 with all the place of the set marked on your map. I think 3-2 of those are inside locked chests.
Posted By: scoobydoo Re: archmage set - 01/02/10 01:24 AM
lockpicking 4 is enough for the chests for the archmage set
Posted By: DivineBooger Re: archmage set - 01/02/10 03:23 AM
Dont get caught up in wearing the sets. I have mix and match armor but it blows the pants off of any sets in the game. The best armor set to get is probably the scorpion set. [ armor and sword ]

But that's only if you are hell bent on having a set. I'm at the point where I can slowly walk up to ANY black ring soldiers and beat the crap out of them and not take hardly any damage.
Posted By: Slayer315 Re: archmage set - 07/02/10 12:55 AM
I agree, none of the sets can match what u can find by mixing and matching
© Larian Studios forums