Larian Studios
I'm now at a place where 3 people, 2 male/1 female (nightwinkle?) are sleeping on a cliff.
I rightclick on the girl, mindread her & gave her the apple but everytime i rightclick on one of the other character the (normaly brief) cd loading icon which appears someplace on the rightside of the screen keeps hanging and thus i'm unable to continue. The conversation just won't load at all

The only thing i can do then is move the camera up or down or press escape while ingame the rest is back to normal (sounds, vanished summonings, powers that are loading up..)

I tried loading a previous save since i was using quicksave but it was actually worse since at first i could only talke to 2 people and now the male on the left 'crashes' to.

These are my specs but it hasn't got anything to do with my pc i think..
Vista home premium 32 bits
service pack 1
quad core q6600 @ 2ghz
ram: 2 gb
ati: hd 2600 pro

And the game is patched to 1.03 as wel

I think the usual workaround for this issue is to quicksave when stuck, quit the game, start it again and load the save. That might only help when stuck after the conversation ends, though (not sure; I've mostly avoided a few earlier topics about this problem as I had not gotten to that part of the game yet).
Thx i'll check that out.

However you said you haven't gotten that far yet but it its still at the beginning of the game.
I'm only about 9 hours into the game so thats nothing for a decent rpg

They are located south east of lovis tower, maybe you've missed them. I to would've missed them if i hadn't played close attention to my map saying there's still a bit of land next to the path/mountain.
Nope, i tried reloading several times now but its that namdar guy who's just not willing to cooperate.

If i would to reload a save now i can do the girl & other male's thing, but once's i've given namdar what he wasn't. The talk scene ends abruptly, he stands up and the loading disc appears and the new conversation (about he thanking me for waking him) won't load

I've also added a screenshot and you can see the loading dics which has appeared on the tree, if someone doesn't understand me smile

[Linked Image]

When there were previous topics about this I have not gotten that far (I left them until I was pretty much done in Broken Valley). Unfortunately, the only workarounds I recall are saving first and reloading, or quicksaving when the conversation hangs, then quitting the game, restarting and reloading.
I too am stuck at this point. Both Namdar & the woman cause the game to get stuck. I have been able to talk to both of them & read their minds while they are dreaming & give them things. As soon as they wake up & the little cut scene ends is when the game typically sticks. I say typically because i am now having the game stick as soon as i press e to talk to 1 of them.

Just to let anyone else know, I made a manual save prior to talking to any of them. I then decided to do a quick save when the game sticks to see if maybe it would come back after i had talked to them & not be stuck. Unfortunately the game loads in WITH the stick in the save...
Originally Posted by Asgard
I too am stuck at this point. Both Namdar & the woman cause the game to get stuck. I have been able to talk to both of them & read their minds while they are dreaming & give them things. As soon as they wake up & the little cut scene ends is when the game typically sticks. I say typically because i am now having the game stick as soon as i press e to talk to 1 of them.

Just to let anyone else know, I made a manual save prior to talking to any of them. I then decided to do a quick save when the game sticks to see if maybe it would come back after i had talked to them & not be stuck. Unfortunately the game loads in WITH the stick in the save...

You did the right thing, I have found that if I quicksave when stuck, then completely exit the game and re-start the game and THEN load it, that it then works and you can talk to them, BUT if you do not exit the game when you load it, it will be stuck.

Hope this helps, and of course make a manual save, just in case it doesn't work, but it should.

I know its a pain in the asshole, but as far as I know, its the only thing to do that works.
thx for suggesting the exit part. Its the 1 thing that i didnt do. guess i will try that tonight & let you guys know how it goes.

again, thx for all the help & feedback.
Otherwise, It's not a big deal, they give you one malacike(or however you spell that) gem and not even any exp.
I had read about this and so I knew the workaround, but it is a bit of an annoyance. Has it ever been addressed as to whether this glitch will be fixed in a patch or why it hasn't in the latest 1.03 patch?

I don't recall if it was officially confirmed that this would be fixed in the next patch, but it is a known issue (not sure if it was known before the US 1.03 release).
© Larian Studios forums