Larian Studios
Hello. I don't know my game is Ego Draconis or what but i couldnt found a place just writing Divinty II. So here is my problem. I bought the game yasterday on steam. First i clicked the play on steam then launcher came i clicked Divinity II - Normal Mode. Then opened a intro and passed loading screen. After 3 seconds of loading screen game has been closed and nothing happened. Then i tried to all the things on launcher like Developer mode. Same thing happened. After that i looked at game folder an saw support folder. I installed everything except adobe acrobat. I don't need that one. Whatever the launcher opens again but when i clicked Divinty II - Normal mode nothing happens this time. Even loading screen or intros didnt come. Just game closes. It made just worse. I tried some things which i saw in this forum like, screen resulotion change or ac3 codec installation or changing physx settings to cpu etc.

So any solution for that? I think crash sources from vcredist. I'm using Windows 8.1. Nvdia 740m.
I solved it. After 2 hours of searching and tryings.

http://steamcommunity.com//app/219780/discussions/0/810938082363181929/

in this link first solution is worked but with a difference before you do check your physx version in C: program Files x86/ Aegia technologies. Look at the latest version from folder names. Then download the same version named dll. Good luck.

Thanks for the update; I'm glad you got it working.

The Developers Cut is an update to the Dragon Knight Saga version of the game, but the game itself wasn't changed, and it didn't really need a separate forum. It doesn't help that the initial section of the game is called Ego Draconis. So... close enough. wink
© Larian Studios forums