Larian Studios
Posted By: dvdljns Good game, Thanks for help - 04/10/07 12:43 AM
I just wanted to thank everyone for the help given in this forum. This will probly be my last post. Although I enjoyed playing the game I did not buy it to be a puzzle. I am in the wasteland and have got to the part where I need to kill the five Did three but am tired of the puzzles. It takes about an hour of walking around the last chamber before I get into it to fight the badguy in there and then the battle last all of a couple seconds. They are just to hard to get to and then to easy to kill. I could understand if The reason I could not get to them because I could not kill the monsters protecting them but I have a headache from trying to figure out how to enter the chamber and the only thing that has put up a fight in the whole wasteland is three dragons . Maybe in the next version they will fix this. But I did enjoy the forum and may still check out posts. I bought another game at the same time I bought this one so I think I am going to move on to it. I may come back to this game some other time but I think if I do I will probly just play to the wastelands. This game is great for someone who likes puzzles.
Posted By: Raze Re: Good game, Thanks for help - 04/10/07 02:01 AM
Unfortunately, the game does get easier as it progresses. Josephine can be difficult in the wastelands, but I found the fight disappointingly easy (though I did do all quests, explore everywhere, delayed level bonuses as late as possible, etc so was stronger than average entering the wastelands). I used a total of 3 minor restoration potions there for healing.

Kiya's Wastelands webpage contains screenshots of the dungeons, including the paths to the Black Ring members.

I didn't find the puzzles very complex; there were usually only a couple different new directions you could explore at a time, and as you explored a couple levers would open sealed areas.
The dungeons do contain doors and openings which are blocked from view, but if you click on the other side of a wall your character will head for that spot if there is access.

BTW, with Beyond Divinity, Larian did the last act first, so if the end of development was rushed it would not hurt the end of the game. The publisher for DD set a sooner than optimal release date, so the plans for the wastelands were scaled back, and it was left almost straight hack and slash.
© Larian Studios forums