Larian Studios
Posted By: Lincolnshire Lad Sword of the Gods - 22/08/12 09:36 AM
Basically, where is it?

My lvl 30 warrior is still using a bastard sword with damage 27-65 and an agility and speed bonus. Heard it's quite good.

I used search and put in 'sword of the gods' and then 'gods' and nothing came up.

I did look in the Info etc sticky but the screenshots I wanted weren't available to me, just showed a white box and a red mark rather than a screenshot.

On a separate matter, are most of the drops random? I know now that Finnigan's Lockppicks are always in the same location but what about other items?

Thanks in adavance.

Posted By: Joram Re: Sword of the Gods - 22/08/12 10:37 AM
The Sword of the Gods you can find in the Wastelands, so that is the area (with NO return to previous areas after the Blessing!)
after the Ceremonial Blessing wink

Edit:
There are more items you can always find on the same spot/location (certainly Quest items), but most of them (like gear, weapons) have random stats & bonus, but with an unique name,
like for example the "Amulet of Glory" .

Posted By: Lincolnshire Lad Re: Sword of the Gods - 22/08/12 12:12 PM
Thanks for that Joram.

So where can I find a decent sword to replace my bastard sword? I regularly check the various traders but nothing that's better than my present sword.
Posted By: Joram Re: Sword of the Gods - 22/08/12 01:23 PM
I depends on what you find most important on having a good sword :
Damage value as high as possible ?
Special damage bonus ? (like spiritual damage or lightning dam etc)
Extra Charmslots to give your sword the boosts you want via Charms ?
Extra Speed ?

Have you check the Dwarven smith in the Dwarven Halls ?

Good luck ! wink
Posted By: Raze Re: Sword of the Gods - 22/08/12 04:29 PM

There are several swords consistently in the game, though with random stats.

Whats your favorite sword

Do you check the merchant in the elven village? He isn't very close to a teleporter, but apparently he sometimes carries one handed bastard swords. Depending on the NPC, merchant inventories reset about every 10-15 minutes.
Posted By: Lincolnshire Lad Re: Sword of the Gods - 22/08/12 06:22 PM
I have been to the elven village and the merchant seemed to have better bows (have to go there with my survivalist archer) than swords so probably unlucky. Will go back and try him again.

My mage character did defeat a lich in a cave on the eastern side of the main map and got a decent one-hander sword with a Frost(5) enchantment on it. Unfortunately can't use it with the mage for roleplaying reasons. Is this a random drop or is this set in stone?

Haven't found dwarven halls yet but suspect they must be on west side of the map as this is the only area I haven't uncovered.

Incidentally found the sword in the stone but couldn't defesat the ghost so reloaded and left it alone. Did a search for it and seems you cannot wholly defeat him although the sword looks nice.

Edit: Thanks for the list of swords Raze.
Posted By: Raze Re: Sword of the Gods - 22/08/12 09:50 PM

The elven merchant is more focused on bows, but can also have swords (and mithril armour, good for mages since it has a high armour value and low strength requirement).

That frost sword was a random drop. Stats are random even on items that are always in the game (the bat of striking and amulet of glory in the catacombs, dragon armour pieces, etc) or with opponents that always drop something when defeated.

The dwarven halls are in the mountains on the western side of the dark forest.
west of the warrior's guild

If you wait until you are done the quests in the dark forest (the ghost 'only' kills the travellers that are looking for a vase and the elves, other than the elven council member), you can take and keep the sword in the stone. You can also cheat to duplicate the sword and put one copy back.
To copy an item; quick save the game, then drag an item out of your inventory, but not somewhere there is a red X. Without dropping first, quick load the game, then release the mouse button when it starts to load. This will produce a copy of the item on the ground, with the original still in your inventory.

Posted By: Lincolnshire Lad Re: Sword of the Gods - 22/08/12 11:35 PM
I forgot the dupe trick, thanks.

Snag is, I have to defeat the ghost before I can get the sword from the stone and haven't managed it yet. Even using my sword with Frost(2) on it he still slaughters me everytime.

Might just give it up as a bad job and perhaps try later when I have a few more levels under my belt.
© Larian Studios forums