Larian Studios
a couple of my previous stuck points came unstuck when I added the last patch.

Now I'm seemingly near the end, where I've read maxos' scroll near what I think is supposed to be the hall of echos. I have the shield from the wizard I got in aleroth.

However, the door is locked.

As I understand it from the gamepressure walkthrough, I'm supposed to have gotten a key from someone named Amon? to open a door that would let me meet Ba'al? I found a locked wooden door in the cave that was the 'back entrance' of the miner's dig. Someone named 'Williams', I think was on the top floor of a ~4 floor building where they were hiding out from some of damian's soldiers ...
From what I understood, williams was supposed to follow me after I killed off the remainder of the soldiers, but he stood around with a '?' above his head, but I couldn't get him to 'select' -- i.e. put my select circle over him, and no option to press 'e' would come up. I could talk to two survivors a male an female up stairs, who expressed gratitude at being rescued, but Williams wouldn't talk -- he'd already given me the cave key, but to get out, I had to teleport to my dragon-castle, then use the tele to a closeby wayfare station, then fly back -- since all the door leading out were locked in addition to williams not talking.

There were no enemies left, but I kept hearing footsteps like someone was pacing -- but no one was around.

Left and came back multiple times (including left game) -- and though i could enter, I couldn't exit except via 'u'.

So I went to the cavern and cleaned it out of enemies. I found a handle in there, that opened up a secret part in a storage room, as well as a key that opened up a metal-bar'locked storage room.

But the wooden door in there that I believe was supposed to lead to 'Ba'al' was still locked.
I don't recall ever meeting anyone named 'Amon', nor could I find any key he supposedly was supposed to leave behind.

So did I miss something? Where was Amon supposed to be? Was he supposed to have the key to the wooden-door inside the miner's dig area where I'd find Ba'al?

I take it Ba'al' is supposed to have a seal that should allow me to unlock the door I uncovered with Maxos's scroll. But this is where I'm stuck now.

CAn't think of any thing else to try, unless finding more pieces of zeppelin would help -- there is no indicator of how many I have found or how many are left nor whether or not it would make a difference -- as near as I can tell, as soon as I found enough to allow me to travel to Aleroth, I was 'fine'.

Am I stuck now and need to send in my save file? Or did I miss something that I can still go try.

I've cleared out all of the flying fortresses and killed off all the commanders of each (and freed the ghost husband of the last female commander so he could go to the hall of echos, where she tried to send me, as well, in order to keep him company, but I thought she's belong w/her husband more than I...so I sent her instead... ;-)

lemme know where I should send in my game file for debugging if it sounds like I've exhausted everything...

It would be nice if there was a game-console, in game to allow me to set/fix some of these broken quest problems. That was a nice feature in Oblivian -- it wasn't bug free, but in the few places I ran into documented bugs, I could move the game forward by using the console. That AND, skip parts of the game that weren't fun for me -- but then that is what the game is supposed to be fore, isn't it? -- Fun?

tnx,
Astara
Regarding the guild master william case, there are already few report in the technical problem sub forum. You can try check out threads over there for solution

The zappelin parts had nothing to do with your baal case. There total of 9 zappelin parts, where if you found all and return them, you get extra reward on exp. That it

As for the amon, if you able to enter baal's cave, you should find it infested with black ring soldiers, where amon is like a small troop leader. After you kill him, he should drop a key where you can use it to access baal's lair. If you had a save before entering the cave, try reload and retry again. If you cant find amon in the cave, guess you need to send in your save file for a fix.
Was able to restore from a save at entry to the cave and redo it -- got the key,

from there, it was a linear path to the beginning of the new game where I am now. Glad to finally get through all the bugs -- seems some of the patches were essential to get me through them. Fortunately the save I made at the beginning of that cave involved no loss of levels...

Thanks for the help -- it was VERY frustrating to be stuck and no way to move forward.

-A
No problem. Glad you could proceed on with the game smile
Well, I have no mouse working with new patch... be happy that yours did work! :P
© Larian Studios forums