Larian Studios
Yes, I played first version and it was bugged and ending was terrible (absolutely terrible). And now? What is new in "old" version of Divinity 2. I dont ask about FoV (it is other thing), I ask only about real differences in eg. engine/textures/effects, polished code, better conversations etc etc. Simple: what is NEW.

To clarify enumerate it, please.
Well, there is HUGE difference in the graphics. In DNS, Rhode actually looks kind of hot, Damian really does look like the evil bad guy and the ghosts now creep me out. Lighting is a lot more defined, one really notices the difference between the lighting outside environments vs the lighting in side structures and caves.

Havent noticed a difference in the ED conversations, they all seem pretty much the same as far as I can tell.

I cant speak for certain about polished code, but im running DNS on an 8 year old pc with results comparable to the xbox 360 version of ED. Considering that the Xbox 360 has better components than my pc, it would seem like DNS has be to running more efficiently than ED. To further this theory, my pc runs DNS while also running windows explorer and both norton and mcaffe protective software.
Hey Dae if you don't mind me asking what kind of rig are you using? cause I've been trying to get just Ego PC version going and its no go.

my specs are:

Windows 7 32 bit
2.8 CPU
2 gigs of ram
GeForce 6800 GS

Thanks!
WinXP media center edition, 250 Gb HDD
Pentium(R) D 3.00 Ghz, 2.79 Ghz
4 gigs of ram
Nvidea GeForce 9800GT

Computers almost 9 years old, I just threw a new graphic card in it earlier this year to use as a 3D modeling rig.

Have you tried running it in compatibility mode? Windows 7 isnt listed under the OS list for ED, so that may be necessary.

2 gigs of ram seems a little low for a windows 7 machine. That OS consumes a lot of your system memory compared to xp or even vista. 2 gigs of ram is the bare minimum for DNS on win 7.

I never played ED on pc, so im just taking shots in the dark here. Your best bet would be to start a thread in the help sub-forum of ED forum and explain what problems youre having in detail.

hey Halgorda, I noticed your question, there have been a lot of performance tweaks to the engine since ego draconis, but I think a 7600 is the minimum req. so I'm afraid the 6800gs won't be enough(correct me if I'm wrong).
The 2gb might be sufficiant although it's also below the minimum spec for win7.
I played the original, but haven't noticed really BIG differences between editions. I'm still in BV, but some guy, who went further, told me devs cut many stuff from the game. Like... totally messed up items in the chests, reduces Fortress, removed Force fields in Fjords, etc, etc.
CASUAL crap I say.
That would be SWEET if DKS doesnt have the permanent force fields in the fjords....but im not gonna get my hopes up until I can hahaha land in the slayer camp as a dragon
What I want to know is if they have brought some of the features from the computor version onto the xbox 360. For example: the PC invontory system is much better then the 360's
Originally Posted by Special Ninja
What I want to know is if they have brought some of the features from the computor version onto the xbox 360. For example: the PC invontory system is much better then the 360's

So far I've seen screenshots of the PC version and now I have the DKS on my Xbox ...
I can say "YES" they did it ! smile

Now you have a window where you can "see" your hero standing with the gear and weapons your hero is wearing at the moment and you can see his/her equipment change if you select another Cuirass (for example) !
I hope I explain it clearly enough? think

If somebody knows "more" things are now the "same" in the Xbox version like the PC version has, give a sign wink
Originally Posted by Kein
I played the original, but haven't noticed really BIG differences between editions. I'm still in BV, but some guy, who went further, told me devs cut many stuff from the game. Like... totally messed up items in the chests, reduces Fortress, removed Force fields in Fjords, etc, etc.
CASUAL crap I say.

Is there any truth to this?

I'd hate to think there's stuff missing!
Some stuff you mindread is not on the place (in Fortress). He didn't have any other examples, perhaps didn't pay too much attention to such things.
Originally Posted by apoc_reg
Is there any truth to this?

I'd hate to think there's stuff missing!

Of course not! The Flying Fortresses were re-designed and various new items, sets etc. have been added to Ego Draconis. So never you worry! smile
Stuff missing? That man's tongue is but the Sword of Lies itself!

I like the new fortresses, especially the fire one. That looks so much better with a little color.

You still do not die or grunt if you jump off the Lovis Tower though. Wish my knees would handle a fall like that.
Really?

Okay, let me pass to him those words. May be he is really a liar then. Or may be we can get proof.

But still, Fortress location are reduced, and there is no FF puzzles in Orobas Fjords/Broken Valley 2nd. Also, the game much more easier compare to 1.03 (<- before nightmare was applied).
I'm not liar wink
1st: flying fortress are much easier to destroy, especially in Broken Valley.
2nd: in two minor general's rooms in Broken Valley you can read their minds, but there is no items, attached to it wink (i'm used original D2 FAQ to compare). Stuff in any other fortress still stay in place, so i'm think this is a bug wink A couple of random items in those chests, but there is no the main one.
Originally Posted by dixie
I'm not liar wink

Of course you aren't. smile

There were indeed one or two rewards 'missing' after mindreading someone (i.e. empty loot bags), but that should be fixed now with the patch.

&#1076;&#1086;&#1073;&#1088;&#1099;&#1081; &#1076;&#1077;&#1085;&#1100; and welcome to the forum! wave
Originally Posted by Macbeth
and welcome to the forum! wave

Thank you, and thank you for the game - it beautiful and alive wink
© Larian Studios forums