Larian Studios
Posted By: Sigel Flying Fortresses - 12/08/11 12:49 PM
Like no joke, who else loved the whole flying fortresses dungeon like battles? I seriously loved every aspect of them, from destroying the defense structures as a dragon and then charging in and killing the commanding General of that fortress.

I just can't get enough of how much more awesome the whole label of "General" added onto the bosses names made it. It was like you were destroying parts of Damien's plan by killing off his key people in the takeover.

I seriously hope this approach to boss fights is used again or to have a theme with each other, instead of just making an NPC with a huge health bar and calling it a boss like some games.

Keep up the good work, seriously.

OH and
I loved how you never actually got to have a fight with Damien in both parts of the game so far, it just feels like there is such a build up to the epic final showdown in future game/s.
Posted By: Demonic Re: Flying Fortresses - 12/08/11 04:00 PM
http://www.larian.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=448205&fpart=1

Get ready to COMMAND an army to destroy fortresses then...

---

I too enjoyed the Flying Fortresses in both Ego and Dragon Knight Saga. To me, it did feel like I was going to war too and there was nothing more satisfying that destroying fortresses and looting them all.
Posted By: cowking Re: Flying Fortresses - 12/08/11 05:59 PM
I feel exactly the opposite. It's like the game was rushed to the maxtreme and they had to get some content done in 15 minutes.

The level design is absolutely horrible. The textures look horrible. There is like no actual content in there, it's just an MMO like open area with mobs dotted down for grinding xp. The signs of them being done in a haste are visible everywhere, you have holes in the geometry, plants floating hundred meters in thin air, bloom is way too strong (it's like they didn't even test it in-game) etc... easily the worst part of the game.

It even killed my playing motivation, doing those copy-paste, no content fortresses in a row (did everything else in fjords) feels like playing some kind of single player MMO.
Posted By: Hassat Hunter Re: Flying Fortresses - 12/08/11 09:38 PM
More akin to cowking.

Rather liked questing and fighting in Broken Valley, Sentinel Island and the Fjords, then these were just boring long fighting strolls. Easily the worst part of ED.
Fortunately FoV was awesome and made up for it...
Posted By: Joram Re: Flying Fortresses - 16/08/11 08:53 AM
Talking about the FF in the first version (Ego Draconis) ... they're boring ... but the remastered FF (DKS) are so much better and really awesome ! biggrin
Just me .
Posted By: Silverdragon Re: Flying Fortresses - 20/08/11 08:15 PM
The old fortresses were well made - the dragon-part at least. The landed-part made the impression it wasn't really done.

DKS fixed that somewhat, it makes a much better impression now. But the claim they were rushed and obviously not done in ED seems to be a very valid claim.

The fights were still fun, though. But the FF also were obviously not finished. The remastered FF are also nice because they offer some pretty interesting hard fights.
© Larian Studios forums