Larian Studios
Posted By: memphis12 Nightmare ... somtimes :( - 06/03/12 01:34 PM
Im level 12 and still absolutely loving this game. I have the Dragons Knight Saga edition.I have played RPGS from Baldurs Gate2, Fallout 2, Skyrim, Dark Souls, Dragon Age and many more.. but so far this game has blown me away! I have no idea why it hasnt got better reviews, but I dont care about score.

Anyway..

I'm playing on Nightmare .. Sometimes.

Occasionally (mostly when I load up a saved game) the mode changes from nightmare to what I can only think of as medium or lower. It doesn't change in the "gameplay" option but I can tell.

Il use my bow as an example, even though I'm a Mage smile

Without the bug - I hit goblin it takes 1/20 health off
With big - I hit goblin it takes 1/5 off.

I then have to move slider from nightmare to hard, then back up again and come out. I know this can be done every time, but I don't know it's happened until I hit something and then realise I'm taking to much health off.

Any ideas? I've only started paying this so I'm hoping other people have experienced this and can hopefully help.

Oh and is there and achievement for completing on Nightmare? As if I'm moving bar to hard then back to nightmare wont this effect it?
Posted By: memphis12 Re: Nightmare ... somtimes :( - 06/03/12 01:39 PM
Oh and im playing on Xbox 360 lol
Posted By: Joram Re: Nightmare ... somtimes :( - 06/03/12 02:52 PM
First of all, a warm welcome to the forum wave

I play on nightmare, on Xbox and the DKS version, and experienced sometimes that an enemy is very fast killed and that's indeed strange.
But to know, I experienced this also on lower difficulties ! So I believe this kind of strange thing (bug?) has nothing to do with the difficulty, but with something I don't even know ... .

I read on this forum that some players have it vise versa : they play and like it comes from nowhere, they undergo a very hard hard battle, so hard that it "seems" the difficulty is changed to a much higher level !

And at some places I lowered the difficulty and I noticed no big difference between nightmare or casual, so last time I did not lowered the difficulty (example with "Zagan", a Demonish Dragon in a cave at High Hall , Orobas Fjords).

But I don't change the difficulty in my current playthrough (on nightmare) and only experienced this strange thing 1 time (so far) in Stone's Flying Fortress with a Creature/Demon-kind-of-enemy I can remember that and ... 1 shot of my bow and it was already stone death :hihi:

I don't know if there is an achievement for playing the whole game on Nigthmare. I don't believe there is such one, but if somebody knows it for sure, say it to us wink

Greetings and have big pleasure with your Mage. smile

DKS is way much more addictive than all other rpg's. For me it's because the Divinity games are magnificent, big fun, tons of humour, intuitive gameplay, lovely NPC's, dialogs, Mindreadings and the sounds are "music for my ears" laugh !!
And last, but not least, the skills, the quests, the loot, the merchants (trading) and so on and so forth ... I can "try" to describe this rpg in 1 word (but I can't!) :
This Game is a "Gem" !

Posted By: Raze Re: Nightmare ... somtimes :( - 06/03/12 03:22 PM

Are these difficulty drops related to dying and reloading? Some time ago, in this topic, Senior Cinco reported that issue. It isn't very common, though, and I don't know if there is a solution other than manually changing the difficulty (you can try emailing support@larian.com, with a description of the problem and maybe a link to this topic).

As Joram mentioned, there have been a few cases where certain opponents were either very tough or could not be harmed, I think more in the original release of D2:ED than DKS (generally leaving the area and returning would fix the problem). In D2:ED one person reported that boars could not be hurt with magic, until they were hit with a weapon (many of the boars/ducks/chickens were removed in DKS).
I don't think the difficulty level for the fight with Zagan is a bug/glitch, though, since a couple people reported it was challenging even on casual.

I ran into two cases with particular groups of opponents being much more difficult than they should have been (on nightmare). The second area I died and reloaded a few times, quit to the main menu, then decided to give it another shot and loaded the auto-save, after which the game made the difficulty much lower (with the difficulty setting unchanged). In both cases the difficulty was back to usual after restarting the game the next day (I also played the Xbox version).

There are no difficulty level based achievements.
Posted By: memphis12 Re: Nightmare ... somtimes :( - 06/03/12 03:43 PM
Thanks for the info guys.

Joram, "DKS is way much more addictive than all other rpg's. For me it's because the Divinity games are magnificent, big fun, tons of humour, intuitive gameplay, lovely NPC's, dialogs, Mindreadings and the sounds are "music for my ears" laugh !!
And last, but not least, the skills, the quests, the loot, the merchants (trading) and so on and so forth ... I can "try" to describe this rpg in 1 word (but I can't!) :
This Game is a "Gem" !"
I couldnt have said it better myself!

Raze, I might just do that and see what the support team say. Thanks for their email address.What ive noticed is.. it is VERY challenging on Nightmare.. probably the most I have been challenged in a RPG bar Dark Souls... I love this in a game. When the "bug" kicks in which only seems to happen after I die and reload, the game gets to easy.. 4 shots and a guy that would normaly take some tactics to defeat is dead.

Im glad there is no achievement, I play it on nightmare for the challenge.. and no I feel I can just move the slider to hard, then back to nightmare on each reload.

Also.. I am still in Broken Valley area.. (I dont want anyone to give anything away lol) but is this area just a small part of this game.. I hope so. I would like to play this game for a very long time. Im not at the Battle Tower yet (ive found it, but not high enough level to beat the bad guys... yet) and my inventory space is getting low frown
Does the expansion pack kick in as soon as I finish the main game? and is there more skills/enemies/loot etc in the expansion? Cheers.
Posted By: Raze Re: Nightmare ... somtimes :( - 06/03/12 05:52 PM

When the "bug" kicks in which only seems to happen after I die and reload, the game gets to easy..

In DKS I died a few times in a couple places and there was no automatic difficulty drop. When I did get the drop, I had returned to the menu and loaded the autosave, where I usually hit A to load a save on the death screen, then load a manual save. I don't know if that could have anything to do with it, though.

I wouldn't call Broken Valley a small part of the game, but there is another map about the same size, and a couple smaller maps. Lovis' tower is not the battle tower you can take over.

You should be able to free up some inventory space. There is also a skill to boost your capacity, if you have the points to spare. You can unlearn all your skills after getting the battle tower (at a character level in the late teens to early twenties), and get those points back once you have access to the chest there to store things. I learned that skill in the original release of D2:ED, but didn't need to in DKS, since I had a better idea of what I needed to keep, and what I didn't.

I usually kept quest related books (even if they were just added for info or atmosphere), but sold ones that show up in randomly generated loot, etc (like the different 'History of' book series). If you check the consumable section of your inventory, you may have a stat/skill book there you can use to free up some space. Any required books should be in the quest item section of your inventory, though there are a couple books which you can read yourself to get a bonus or give to someone to complete a quest. In any case, after you've read a book you can sell or destroy it (as long as it is not marked as a quest item, in which case it doesn't count towards your inventory limit).

If you have any creature parts you only need to keep the best of each type. I kept a list of my current top part stats handy so I could sell any lesser versions before talking to the necromancer (and working on the creature), so I wouldn't clutter up the part list when any new pieces I had with me were added. In DKS creature parts can also get added to the necromancer's list from any merchant's inventory, if you sell or buy anything in that section of the inventory (and maybe just switching to it).
You can get rid of potion and enchantment formula by talking to the alchemist and enchanter (any left in your inventory after going into the alchemy or enchantment functions will be duplicates, and can be sold).

Alchemy plants and enchantment gems and minerals are easy to acquire after getting the battle tower, so you can get rid of any you are not going to use. Keep malachite gems, since there is a limited supply in the game, and ginseng (etc) for healing potions, but if you have multiple stacks of the same item, you can safely get rid of the extra stacks. Iron, whisperwood and fatfern are fairly common, for example; you can make more money with the latter two if you make level 1 or 2 Full Resistance or Dexterity potions, and sell the potions rather than just the ingredients.

If you have any equipment that you are hanging onto because it might be good once you get higher level enchantments or better charms, by the time you do you will most likely also have found equipment with better base stats (my first game in the original release of D2:ED I hung onto lots of stuff I ended up just selling later).

The expansion continues seamlessly from the end of D2:ED; if you didn't play the original release or start a new level 35 character in FoV, you might not recognize the transition. FoV does contain more skills (mostly just higher levels of some of the existing skills, though), enemies (some of which respawn periodically, until you complete an associated quest) and loot, etc.
Posted By: memphis12 Re: Nightmare ... somtimes :( - 06/03/12 07:50 PM
Wow thanks for all the info Raze. Really appreciate it!

Ive replied to the thread you told me about as I have also experienced this
I dont know if people are also experiencing this as well...
Enemies keep walking away during battle.. my summoned creature does this also at times. Its annoying as my creature will leave the fight and just start walking towards me (im shooting arrows from a little distance away) and getting killed. Enemies also are making the "nightmare" setting a little dissapointing at times as when they are walking back they wont retaliate to me hitting them with everything I have got.

Im assuming there are no staffs in this game (im not bothered as everything else makes up for it) so I have a bow, shield and sword.. ive noticed my manna goes up when I have shield and sword equpied due to the enhancements. Is there any beneift of having sword and shield for a mage other than get the stats they provide?

I have some forumlas for potions but I dont know where I can find the ones I currently have.. I guess I can just go to the tree and write them down. I was going to buy some formulas but they were taking up inventory space even though I cant actually see them in my inventory...0.o

Posted By: Raze Re: Nightmare ... somtimes :( - 06/03/12 08:48 PM

There are no staffs. Other than the bonuses, or as a backup for close quarter fights, there is no particular benefit to equipping a sword and shield for a mage.

In DKS duel wielding is quite effective for a mage. The magic damage bonus/enchantment of both weapons is applied to spells (including each missile in a Magic Missile volley). There is no need to boost the duel wield skill if you are not going to engage in melee combat, as the off-hand weapon penalty is not taken in to account for spell damage.

You should be able to see the formula in your inventory. There is no way to check the ones you have other than by talking to an alchemist (I kept a written list handy when I played, to keep track of the potion and enchantment formula I had).
Posted By: Joram Re: Nightmare ... somtimes :( - 07/03/12 07:00 AM
Originally Posted by Raze

Other than the bonuses, or as a backup for close quarter fights, there is no particular benefit to equipping a sword and shield for a mage.

I wish to say something about this :
playing a Priest I need many Mana. In the first place I only used a bow or 2-handed sword, but since I love trading and see nice shields with a good bonus to Spirit (and/or Vitality!), I buy that shield. Further on in the game you must fight against 'Laiken' and his Sword gives +2 to Summon Mastery, a Priest Skill ! So since then I use that 1-handed Sword and yet the best shield I can find or buy ! And if I see/find a better one (with a higher bonus to Spirit/Vitality or more empty charm slots - to put Intelligence charms in them for a faster Mana regeneration(!), I change to that shield and sell the lower one . smile

But you can concentrate also on Spirit boosts on all other equipment so a shield isn't that important anymore. Probably in my next playthrough I wish to play a Mage Priest without shield & sword and only take a bow OR 2-handed sword, because I love that more than sword + shield .

You should be able to see the formula in your inventory. There is no way to check the ones you have other than by talking to an alchemist (I kept a written list handy when I played, to keep track of the potion and enchantment formula I had).

I do the same : making a list of all my formula's (for potions & enchantments) & for all creature bodyparts + many more I write down while playing wink
Posted By: ChrisHLD Re: Nightmare ... somtimes :( - 10/03/12 06:46 PM
Originally Posted by memphis12
Im level 12 and still absolutely loving this game. I have the Dragons Knight Saga edition.I have played RPGS from Baldurs Gate2, Fallout 2, Skyrim, Dark Souls, Dragon Age and many more.. but so far this game has blown me away! I have no idea why it hasnt got better reviews, but I dont care about score.

Yeah I have to agree. I can't remember having this much fun. I do remember getting this hooked off Ape Escape, Vagrant Story, Baldur's Gate DA and Drakan Ancient Gates. I'm thinking this may be the best I ever played, but it's been since 98 I started playing.

I'd say everything (game mechanics, menu, story... etc) just blends together just right. Voice acting is excellent. Especially the bad guys.

Maybe the first Ego Draconis had some issues. It's all it takes no matter how good the game is sometimes. But I'm just guessing.

But yeah... way under the radar.
Posted By: memphis12 Re: Nightmare ... somtimes :( - 11/03/12 08:41 PM
Hey ChrisHLD, "flying under the radar" is just about right.

I honestly can't get enough of this game. It seems that it does everything perfect. The loot is just right for me, not to much, but you really appreciate it when you get it. Combat .. Awsome! Skills and unleashing them - awsome! Story, characters, humour - awsome. Even small side quests are so interesting I find. This is def in my top 5 RPGS. I'm hoping the expansion I have with the game is long and as interesting. The game must be riddled with bugs, as it crash's on me a lot. But I can tolerate it as the game simply blows me away.
As Joram said - "gem"

I wonder if you guys can tell me how far in game I am. Possible spoilers.

I've just gotten the gem stone that lets me turn into a dragon. I am now a dragon for first time (other time it was a vision by that girl) how much more of game is there? I'm hoping loads..
Also there was area in broken valley right at bottom of map, when I climed long road up, it asked me if I wanted to enter this area. After googling it, it said I should be at least level 20 b4 going in.
Expansion around 25 hours would you say?
Posted By: ChrisHLD Re: Nightmare ... somtimes :( - 11/03/12 09:38 PM
I would say you are more than one third into the game. Closer to 1/3rd than halfway though. This is a long game for a console action rpg.

Thatís the fjords you were entering. Some people do it early I hear but Iíd say youíd be using up a lot of potions. But if you got the dragon stone you're ready now.

Wanted to say I canít play first person viewing games for some reason. So Oblivion and Skyrim I quit early. Canít say they were better games or not. But for third person console action rpg Ė DKS is best easily. Unless I missed something.
Posted By: Raze Re: Nightmare ... somtimes :( - 12/03/12 12:06 AM

Total playtime should be about 60 to 100 hours (Anyone Played For 100 Hours?). In the original release just the D2:ED section of the game took me 75 hours, exploring everywhere and doing all the quests. IIRC Larian's official (conservative) estimate was 40 hours for D2:ED and 20 for FoV (I didn't keep track, but I'd guess I spent at least 25 hours on the expansion).

I entered the fjords at level 13 with my ranger, and didn't have too much trouble. There were a couple places I had to run/jump away, but didn't need to use many potions. The opponents give a lot of experience, so you can level there relatively easily. After getting to level 16 I returned to Broken Valley to clear up some stuff before heading to Maxos temple, where I got to level 17. I went back to the fjords before heading to Sentinel Island, and between clearing the rest of the areas accessible then and turning in a bunch of quests, got to level 22 (the first mindread on Sentinel Island then bringing me to 23).
Posted By: Joram Re: Nightmare ... somtimes :( - 12/03/12 07:50 AM
The very first time I played Divinity II (Ego Draconis, with the expansion FoV) I reached almost level 21/22 before taking over the Battle Tower. that time I was going to the Orobas Fjords at level 14/15 and do all I can (also swimming to the most far beach to kill Goblins L21 and Black Ring members too. Also going in 2 dungeons .

After that first time I find it not so fun anymore to reach the most highest level I can before the Batle Tower. The only thing I do is clearing at least the Goblins so I can reach the Grand King Scrine to use it to go fast back to Broken Valley wink

Last time I was taking over the Battle Tower I was around L18/19 on nightmare, more than enough to kill that son of a bitch, Laiken biggrin

About playtime ?
With the expansion Flames of Vengeance you can reach Level 45 easely, without any use of Wisdom skill or Mindreading skill (to lower or even stop the XP depts!) and even without taking the extra XP by Quest rewards !! The respawing enemies in caves in FoV I make use of them, but not that much I believe .
At least I played 60 hours, only for the expansion, but to be honest, I always play thoroughly and I'm a slow player + I make many notes while playing.

But in my opinion:
it's really not the MOST important thing how long a game is, but how great fun it is to play, even if you can play it from start to end in (let's say) 20 hours ! If those 20 hours are awesome & Super Fun, it's more worth than a looooong booooring game of 100 hours !
If the replayability is also fantastic, and for me the DKS is that for sure(!), then I know such RPG I can play & have fun with it for Yearsssss !!
(Divine Divinity is such a beautiful example of a RPG I played already for years and still play it sometimes ! And still enjoy it !)
Posted By: memphis12 Re: Nightmare ... somtimes :( - 12/03/12 07:56 AM
@ChrisHLD
Oblivions: level scaling is terrible. As you level, the enemies level with you.. meaning levelling up and getting better loot is pointless. In my opinion.
Skyrim: Isnt the game I thought it would be, although dungeons are now a bit more varied, they still dont have half the atmosphere of Divinity 2. Loot is very poor; Go through an hour long dungeon and scrap your nuts off, get to a huge treasure chest, to get poor loot to be honest. The crafting, smithing, alchemy are all broken. You can craft better than what you can find. (Its still a good game, just not what im looking for personally)

I forgot to say Divinity 2's levelling system rocks! im playing on nightmare so enemies that are the same level as you can kick your ass, but every are I have been in enemy levels nave been perfect.

The next games I will be playing is Risen (looks similar to this) Two Worlds 2, and Dragons Dogma when released.

@Raze, Helpful as always mate. I think it may take me longer with reloads etc due to it being so hard. Fjords I will try now with the dragon stone then smile Is there a way for me to see how long I have played? as my saves just show date and time. 0.o
Posted By: Joram Re: Nightmare ... somtimes :( - 12/03/12 08:20 AM
@ChrisHLD
Oblivions: level scaling is terrible. As you level, the enemies level with you.. meaning levelling up and getting better loot is pointless. In my opinion.
Skyrim: Isnt the game I thought it would be, although dungeons are now a bit more varied, they still dont have half the atmosphere of Divinity 2. Loot is very poor; Go through an hour long dungeon and scrap your nuts off, get to a huge treasure chest, to get poor loot to be honest. The crafting, smithing, alchemy are all broken. You can craft better than what you can find. (Its still a good game, just not what im looking for personally)

I forgot to say Divinity 2's levelling system rocks! im playing on nightmare so enemies that are the same level as you can kick your ass, but every are I have been in enemy levels nave been perfect.

The next games I will be playing is Risen (looks similar to this) Two Worlds 2, and Dragons Dogma when released.

@Raze, Helpful as always mate. I think it may take me longer with reloads etc due to it being so hard. Fjords I will try now with the dragon stone then smile Is there a way for me to see how long I have played? as my saves just show date and time. 0.o

Oblivion is indeed no fun leveling up ! Skyrim is a way better, but still can't beat a Divinity game, imo !
I like to have statpoints to spend each level and choose my own level of strength, intelligence and so on .

I can honestly say I like Skyrim, but I love DKS !

I personally don't like Risen, but maybe Risen 2 is better ? But I gonna never buy Risen 2, I hate guns in a rpg (Risen II is with guns, Pirates, bah... not my taste!)

@memphis12 :
I did a suggestion to Larian to make a feature so we really can "see" how our total playtime is on our save game ! (like in Skyrim and some other games) wink Hope Larian listen to it, I really hope they do ! smile
Posted By: memphis12 Re: Nightmare ... somtimes :( - 12/03/12 09:42 AM
@Juram:
Hey pal. Was Risen not very good? i watched a few videos on youtube and it looked a little like DKS, no help, no pointers etc.. Does Risen have guns? or just the second one? as I also hate guns in fantasy rpg's.

Let me know if Larian get back to you, I would like to know how many hours I have put into it. I think a LOT up to now lol. I told my son I was 1/3 through the game and he was amazed considering how much I have played. He's playing Skyrim currently.. he's slowly turning to RPGs.. he only did the single payer mode on MW3 and has never been back.
Posted By: Joram Re: Nightmare ... somtimes :( - 12/03/12 10:23 AM
Hey,

Risen 1 has, so far I know, NO guns, but I haven't played Risen to the end, only reached L10 ... a nice game, but it can't suit my style like the Divinity games do !
And to be honest I prefer Skyrim above Risen, but Oblivion not !

Certainly I give Risen a second chance, but when, I don't know.
I heared from players of Risen that this game is better on PC than Xbox (I played on Xbox). I myself can't compare both versions.
For me Risen is not easy to survive, but maybe I played it wrong ?
But I don't like the Skill-system in Risen. I prefer the open skill tree in DD and DKS most and I find the system in Skyrim way much more enjoyable than in Oblivion !

I only give a suggestion for Larian on the forum, I didn't e-mailed them, but I know they read on the boards here, but because of "time" they've too much work to do for use, gamers, to make new great awesome RPG's and such ... to much work to spend time reacting on all suggesions etc we, gamers, post on the boards here wink

Currently I play DKS (third full playthrough) & Skyrim also back with a new character, started saterday, this time with a High female Elf try to play a (pure) Mage (Priest) ! laugh Priest builds all the way now hahaha ... So in fact :I gonna try a Mage Priest in Skyrim and after my current ranger Priest in DKS I wish to start (yes, again from scrash) with a Mage Priest in ... DKS ! LOL

Good luck for you enjoying DKS and also good luck to your son playing Skyrim wink RPG's all the way for me ! Only some puzzle games (adventure games like Myst with brain breaking puzzles) and strategy games I can appreciate now and then too .

wave
Posted By: ChrisHLD Re: Nightmare ... somtimes :( - 12/03/12 11:02 AM
Yeah Risen 2 and Dragonís Dogma are ones Iím looking at. Playing Kingdoms of Amalur now. Itís a beautiful game but I find myself needing a break from it rather than it being hard to peel me off of the game. Tried Two Worlds 2 and I hear itís addicting but that voice acting was bad.
Posted By: Joram Re: Nightmare ... somtimes :( - 12/03/12 11:59 AM
I've here the game Two Worlds II somewhere, but it is eating dust :hihi:
I believe Risen 2 is with guns in, so inform you wellbefore decide to buy that game wink

I've bought Amalur, but I hate it to say that I don't love the fact that this game didn't bring up a Manual (on paper) within the box ... only a ingame manual, but I never can find a picture of the Xbox controller with the view & info about the general controls in this game ... frown
Posted By: memphis12 Re: Nightmare ... somtimes :( - 12/03/12 01:04 PM
Yeah I'm from the Amalur boards and I found it (as well as many others) was to easy on "hard". I'm waiting for the difficulty patch then il try again. DKS was just a time filler until KOA patch hit. Wow was I wrong.. Every rpg I play now will be compared to DKS & filling my time until Divinity 3 hits. If ever.....
Posted By: Joram Re: Nightmare ... somtimes :( - 12/03/12 02:27 PM
O yes laugh !
DKS is my favorite Xbox game, all the way.
All the others are some kind of "time fillers" until Divinity III is coming on the shelf and I buy it immediately !

And Divinity III WILL come, I'm sure !! And if not, there is also Dragon Commander on the radar, keep that in mind I suggest everyone here !! Dragon Commander will be a great mix of strategy elements with turn based combat as well as real time combat & RPG elements ... and as many of us know: Tons, really many tons, of funny humour & beautiful fantastic detals that make a Divinity game so special !! claphands
Posted By: Raze Re: Nightmare ... somtimes :( - 12/03/12 02:32 PM

Lar mentioned in one of his blog posts that Project E (aka Divinity 3) will have been officially announced by the end of this year, so a 2013 release seems likely.
Posted By: ChrisHLD Re: Nightmare ... somtimes :( - 13/03/12 11:00 AM
@memphis

If you havenít played it already try Drakan Ancient Gates. Skill tree is very limited compared to DKS but the combat is not bad. But flying the dragon is just as flawless and this world is huge. The caves are very very deep. Merchants are funny. Itís a beautiful game.

Might be too easy though if you like nightmare mode on your first try. I was getting killed in the fjords on nightmare. Had to change my skills to summon a demon for backup. Demon is cool. Melee ally that raises havoc on the blackring.

Guess Iím not a hardcore player. All that jumping and dodging makes me dizzy. Having trouble with Dark Souls too. Hard mode is my favorite setting on DKS.
Posted By: Joram Re: Nightmare ... somtimes :( - 13/03/12 11:33 AM
Originally Posted by ChrisHLD
All that jumping and dodging makes me dizzy. Having trouble with Dark Souls too.

Playing a Priest is for me the most relaxing playstyle. If you don't like dodging and jumping all the time, make yourself a Priest build and watch the battles whilst your allies do the 'dirthy' work for you wink

Yeah, Dark Souls, I've many trouble with that game too and I wait with it ... if I'm ready with DKS & Skyrim & Amalur & ... so if I "ever" have time for that game ... ? :hihi:
Posted By: memphis12 Re: Nightmare ... somtimes :( - 13/03/12 03:56 PM
I wouldn't say I'm a great player.. I just feel guilty if I beat a game easily. Im weird like that lol. Games have to be on hardest settings .. It started so great RPGs would keep me playing longer, learning enemy patterns etc.
Dark Souls I wouldn't level past 30 as again felt I was cheating even though I wasn't lol.

What's Drakan Ancient Gates Chris? Is it for 360? Never heard of it, but will give it a try if you reccomend it.

I'm playing Fjords now, went in at level 19 (still on nightnare) but enemies seem to be getting less Chalkenging. I've only battled goblins (level 21 etc) but I did everything possible before I came here.
My question is .. Should I be levelling so quick? I can level up in a dungeon around here.. I'm now level 23.. I have 5/5 in wisdom passive skill. But that's only + 10% is this enough to make me level so quickly? Does it gradually slow down?

I'm in an abandoned mine, just after lowing those invisible walls, even mines are so brilliantly done its a pleasure to play. I had to jump up and around moving platforms to spawn a chest at bottom that game some purple loot smile
Posted By: memphis12 Re: Nightmare ... somtimes :( - 13/03/12 04:38 PM
I tried without my creature which I have good gear and without my summoned demon.. Yep still incredibly hard lol. Without those two I probably wouldn't get past most mobs.
Posted By: Joram Re: Nightmare ... somtimes :( - 13/03/12 04:40 PM
I like it to level up as slow as possibly, but in fact, being a lower level further into the game (and main quest) give even more XP for killing, so ...
Teh Priest build is still a challenging battle ! If a Black Ring Battle Mage with a warhammer doing a rush attack on me he can kill me very fast if I'm no alert enough ! Sometimes I haven't the time to use Blind or Charm ... because his attack is so fast !

But I never take the extra XP reward by quests and I don't invest in the Wisdom skill, don't invest in the Mindreading skill (to lower or even stop the XP depts) and don't make use of the respawing enemies in Keara's Fortress ...
For me no need to level up as fast (or high) as possible in a RPG. wink

Posted By: memphis12 Re: Nightmare ... somtimes :( - 13/03/12 04:58 PM
Ahhhh! Your right Joram I have been getting huge extra xp on quests as well as xp on the quest already. I mind read everything so that takes away xp.
I thought because I was getting killed a lot, levelling up would be beneficial.. Maybe not.. I haven't come across any black ring (except two in cabin) for a while so they'd probably kick my ass.
Posted By: Raze Re: Nightmare ... somtimes :( - 13/03/12 06:10 PM

Levelling is fairly quick at the start of the fjords, even without using Wisdom or turning in quests. I entered early and went from level 13 to 16 just clearing down the mountain path to the bottom (getting a 50% experience bonus for being 3 or more levels below my opponents). After finishing off Maxos Temple (where I got to level 17) I returned to finish off what could be reached before heading to Sentinel Island (between the fjords and turning in quests I got to level 22, so the first mindread on the island brought me to level 23).

The levelling rate does slow down (the experience required to reach a level is proportional to the cube of the level), though you can level quickly clearing the flying fortresses, as well (not as quickly as the start of the fjords).

Drakan: The Ancients' Gates is a PS2 game, sequel to the PC game Drakan: Order of the Flame.
Posted By: ChrisHLD Re: Nightmare ... somtimes :( - 14/03/12 01:09 AM
Yes Drakan is a PS2 game. I keep forgetting when I recommend it many may not have one anymore. Not worth getting a PS2 for. But it's a huge game. Plenty of room to fly a dragon and many secret spots. Caves are so deep I actually got lost in a couple. Caves would have forks leading to different areas.

When I first played DKS I use to worry about wisdom and mindreading also. But later in the game you'll find areas where the enemies respawn and still give XP. There's not too many but enough to where wisdom/mindreading was less important to me.

Originally Posted by Joram
I like it to level up as slow as possibly, but in fact, being a lower level further into the game (and main quest) give even more XP for killing, so ...
Teh Priest build is still a challenging battle ! If a Black Ring Battle Mage with a warhammer doing a rush attack on me he can kill me very fast if I'm no alert enough ! Sometimes I haven't the time to use Blind or Charm ... because his attack is so fast !

Yes I noticed in nightmare mode I was getting rushed attacked and knocked around more often.
Posted By: memphis12 Re: Nightmare ... somtimes :( - 15/03/12 10:30 PM
I thought id just ask on this thread instead of creating a new one wink

--------------spoilers---------------------------

So.......... Im in Orobas Fjords. Loads to do and find. Im Level 27. I have done 3/4 things for entering the Hall of Echos. I have been to the little harbour, the small Slayers base where I helped a prisoner but cant do anything else. I have done all quests in the little village where there is a well. I havent been in any of the 3 fortress's, back to Broken Valley either. I have been to the city (Aleroth) where they are being over run and I have to help the Wiazard in the keep.

Which zone should I go to first, I want to go lowest level areas first smile. 1 of 3 Flying Fortress's, Broken Valley (return) or im hoping there is a big village im missing with lots of quests.. i miss Broken Valley before all the poison mist. I hope I get to go there again.

While writing this I flew my dragon for 10 seconds and have just passed a castle in Orobas Fjords.. Up on some hills.. going to go investigate. This is why Divinity 2 could quite possibly be the BEST rpg I have ever played.. You can miss so many things, exploring is brilliant in this game smile.. Dragon Cliff Castle is the name of it.
Posted By: Raze Re: Nightmare ... somtimes :( - 15/03/12 11:30 PM

There are a couple low areas to the east and west just as you enter the channel south of the harbour and slayer camp (at the edge of the anti-dragon shield). If you keep going south there is a cave on the left, near a crashed zeppelin in the water.

There are a couple caves near the start of the fjords (one left of the bunker, another near the source of the waterfall across from the grand knight teleporter shrine) and further in.

Did you finish off the well cave in High Hall? At least on nightmare I found clearing the final section quite challenging on level 34, though on level 25 I could have just killed the boss and left (I reloaded instead, to see if a higher level would let me take out everyone).

Stone's flying fortress is the easiest (teleporter on the north east end of the island across from the dragon cliff castle), followed by Raze (mountain across from the harbour), Broken Valley, Keara and then Kali (Rivertown Gorge).

There is no rush on helping Zandalor; the quest there doesn't need to be done until you are ready to head to the Hall of Echoes (though you may be a high enough level it wouldn't be too difficult).

You are past some of this already, but: next lvling area to go to.
Posted By: Joram Re: Nightmare ... somtimes :( - 16/03/12 07:32 AM
I would suggest to first start some ground combat (and if you wish dragon combat too) in Stone's and Raze's Flying Fortress .

I creared the Ministry (helping Zandalor) at level 28 and to my great suprize it was never so fast done as before, never so easy with my Priest build using Creature (fighter L9) and Summon Demon L6 and Summon Mastery L3 (+ 2 from Laiken's Sword) ... even on nightmare !

If you like trading ? ...
... go for the Ministry battle and after that, Mindread Deodatus and you've just another trader ! wink
Posted By: memphis12 Re: Nightmare ... somtimes :( - 16/03/12 08:23 AM
Hey guys.
Thanks for quick replies

I did finish the well completely at level 25 on nightmare. Without my summoned demon & creature it would have been impossible. Hardest fight do far was the dragon at the end! I had to take out the two nests then take him, but it was that hard I just fired one fire bolt then flew through entrance which teleported me up to top and repeated. I didn't kill the last 4 spawned dragons so I don't know if I missed anything on floor?

Am I far into game? Is hall of echos final bit? There seems to be locked doors everywhere that I haven't been in..

I do enjoy the dragon fights but I much prefer the ground battles. But I got wiped out by lvl 28 archers on one of the flying fortresses frown

Cleared that ministry a while ago Juram and did mind read that guy but his gear was for level 30+ lol. There are some locked doors in that city that I can't open yet though 0.o
Posted By: Joram Re: Nightmare ... somtimes :( - 16/03/12 09:02 AM
Those locked doors in Aleroth city is normal ... you can get in there after the start of Flames of Vengeance ... that seemless start after finishing the end battle of Ego Draconis part wink

The Hall of Echoes is, warning!, a point of NO return ! So be sure you solved all quests etc you wish to do and doing all battles in FF, Orobas Fjords and so on ! After Hall of Echoes FoV part starts without delay wink

If you've problems with the L28 archers ... me too, but after changing form Ranger Priest to a more full Priest style give me more time en room to survive !
For example :
using Hide in Shadows after summon my Ghost & Creature (fighter) ... I run to an archer and Blind or even better Charm him ! It makes a big difference for the outcome of each battle ! Adn if your Charm is higher (L3 or 4 I believe) you can Charm 2 enemies at once !

Posted By: ChrisHLD Re: Nightmare ... somtimes :( - 16/03/12 11:06 AM
Am I far into game? Is hall of echos final bit?

After the hall of echos I would say you're 2/3rds done. Something like that. FOV is fun. I like to listen to the conversations.
Posted By: memphis12 Re: Nightmare ... somtimes :( - 16/03/12 11:30 AM
Originally Posted by ChrisHLD
Am I far into game? Is hall of echos final bit?

After the hall of echos I would say you're 2/3rds done. Something like that. FOV is fun. I like to listen to the conversations.

2/3 of the full game, or I'm assuming you mean including the expansion. ...
Posted By: memphis12 Re: Nightmare ... somtimes :( - 16/03/12 11:35 AM
Bounty Hunter achievement. "bring justice to all of revillons most wanted criminals" I got all of the bounties in the Broken Valley but didn't get the achievement .. Is there someone else that will give me more criminals to kill?

Also, there was a fort that said "your not powerfull enough yet" in broken valley. I went in anyway and killed the black ring there. But now I'm assuming I can't return and find out what's behind that locked door? Expansion again of will it be on my next playthrough? The fortune teller achievment seems the same.. I had to be dragon but as soon as im a dragon everyone in Broken Valley dies.
Posted By: Joram Re: Nightmare ... somtimes :( - 16/03/12 12:06 PM
for the Bounty hunter Achievement, sorry I don't know ... I'm not a Achievement-collector .. maybe that kind of collectors-virus didn't find it's way to me ... :hihi:

About the Torture Teller :
have you really done everything so that the last time you speak her (the Torture Teller) she start to run off in panic ?

That Fort in Broken Valley : you mean the Mine Quarter (nearby the Quarter Scrine) ?
After taking over the Battle Tower you can fly back to poisonous Broken Valley and go in the Mine Quarter Tower to meet 'William' en fight Black Rings around Level 28 !
Before Broken Valley is poisonous you can go through the gate and fight some L10/12 enemies, but you can't go IN the Mine Tower *. So you can neglet that warning and see if you can handle those victimes, otherwise turn back your steps and go come back later, but before BV is ful of poisonous gaz! wink
* at least in DKS version, in the Ego Draconis version - at the time DKS and FoV didn't even excist for purcase - you CAN go into the tower, but it was too dangerous!)
Posted By: memphis12 Re: Nightmare ... somtimes :( - 16/03/12 12:50 PM
The last time i seen the fortune teller she said I'd br flying in the air...

Maybe I missed the point where I could go back to broken valley or other places as a dragon but seemed like when I got the dragon stone the poison mist came...
Posted By: Joram Re: Nightmare ... somtimes :( - 16/03/12 01:27 PM
Aha ...I believe I know what you've missed with the Torture teller wink

After she said "I'd br flying in the air..." ... this means that you gonna FLY, but it's a Belegar joke ! So after she said that to you you must "trigger" the point where Belegar appear and it's he who send you to a high place in the sky and drop you ! So you then falling down (fly) ... biggrin

The place you "trigger" this Bellegar joke is when you walk, coming from the Chicken Man (with the white chicken), to the Maxos Temple ! But as you can imagine, this is only posible if Broken Valley is not poisoned . wink

Posted By: Raze Re: Nightmare ... somtimes :( - 16/03/12 05:45 PM

There is nothing on the ground in the well cave. There are a couple malachite veins there, but it is much easier to get to them before triggering the cutscene with Zagan than afterwards.

As Joram said, you can return to the mine tower in Broken Valley; the tower and the top of the walls are above the poison gas.

For the Bounty Hunter achievement, there is another set of wanted posters inside the harbour building.
Go inside, turn right, forward a bit and take the stairs up on the right.
Posted By: memphis12 Re: Nightmare ... somtimes :( - 16/03/12 06:11 PM
Thanks Raze. I have been looking for Aurelius for half an hour and didn't realise he would be there .. I've been to the Harbor Port so many times and never realised you could go inside. Looking forward to seeing what's inside when I get home.

I'm having a job finding a matching set, you can't store items on this game and use them on next playthrough.

I think Im going to go with The Witcher 2 for my next game. Then another playthrough of this before Dragons Dogma. Any of you guys played The Witcher 2?
Posted By: Raze Re: Nightmare ... somtimes :( - 16/03/12 06:38 PM

Armor sets (DKS) - or see Lancet's DKS FAQ/Guide

I used the full mining guild set for awhile (level 16 to 28), which is one of 3 sets you start with in the Steam version or North American Xbox version. Other than that, I never used more than one piece of any set, though I did equip several full sets to check them out.

I have not played the Witcher 2 (waiting until I build a new computer), but there is at least one topic about it in the RPG Chat forum.
Posted By: Joram Re: Nightmare ... somtimes :( - 17/03/12 08:07 AM
On 17 of april The Witcher II come out in the store for Xbox .

Maybe I buy it, but I first wish to wait at least a few months and read comments on forums first. I have the feeling TW is a little bit too much showed blood, but not sure ... there're gamers who love it to see many blood in a game ... not really my taste ... let it be fantasy, not reality ... but that's my opinion wink
Posted By: memphis12 Re: Nightmare ... somtimes :( - 18/03/12 09:16 PM
Raze, "mini boss" holly crap! Just beat the guy on Nightmare. No achievement for beating maybe the hardest fight I've come across in a rpg. First time I had to save, re load, save re load to win. Feel like im cheating when I save during a battle but I could NEVER have beaten Raze any other way.

On The Witcher 2, sorry.. I meant the 360 version. Never played the pc version. I hope it is good .. The bar for future RPGs I play has been significantly raised after my time sign Divinity 2.
Posted By: Raze Re: Nightmare ... somtimes :( - 19/03/12 12:18 AM

For that fight speed is key: hit both levers to disable the regeneration chambers right away, and then go after the general with your most effective attacks (as a ranger, an Explosive Arrow from the second lever until close enough for a point blank Splitting Arrow finished him off; Way of the Ranger could have helped, had I known it then).

There is an achievement for taking out all the flying fortresses.
Posted By: ChrisHLD Re: Nightmare ... somtimes :( - 19/03/12 03:21 AM
Raze was tough. IMO later on there is a tougher fight in the hall of echos. At least for me.
Posted By: memphis12 Re: Nightmare ... somtimes :( - 19/03/12 10:52 AM
Cheers Raze, il be attemptimg the last Flying Fortress today and getting the final bit of the Ulthring set smile

Im playing a mage/priest. My most effective attack is Magic Missiles, but that only hit Raze with one of the 3 missiles. I used the levers, but the 15 second cool down on them was very frustrating. I have to say I love "boss" battle like these.. they arent compulsory, but they are very hard and give the players looking for a challenge the option.

Chris. .. you now have me intrieged. After last Flying Fortress and Broken Valley I will be heading to the Hall of Echo's..

Will it flash up when the Game ends and the Expansion begins?
Posted By: Joram Re: Nightmare ... somtimes :( - 19/03/12 12:35 PM

How do you mean ?

In the hall of Echoes are 2 places where you must fight enemies in human form. The second place is the final battle ... and after that a video starts and lead you seemless to the next fantastic part : Flames of Vengeance !
Posted By: ChrisHLD Re: Nightmare ... somtimes :( - 19/03/12 11:10 PM
Chris. .. you now have me intrieged. After last Flying Fortress and Broken Valley I will be heading to the Hall of Echo's..

There are several battles in the hall of echos. Didn't want to mention which one but (for me) lots of dying/reload saves. Was on nightmare but adjusted to hard mode for that one. Couldn't do it.

Enjoy FOV. Great voice acting.
Posted By: memphis12 Re: Nightmare ... somtimes :( - 24/03/12 10:18 PM
Well finished Divinity 2.. onto the expansion now. I have to say I loved the ending smile Dont see why we need to have "happy ever after" endings all the time.

I dont know if I maxed out the right skills, but I found the Hall of Echo's not hard at all frown I was expecting to get my ass handed to me on a plate.. I never died once. (well in dragon form I died a few times) without my maxed out summoned demon and pet with all the best limbs I would never have done them. Charm was one of the best skills I invested in. Made most fights 10 x easier.

Brilliant game! I cant wait for the next one. Il have fun playing the expansion now. I think I read the Flames of Vengeance has more polished graphics etc.

Just wanted to say thanks to you guys for all the help and good crack through my first (def not last) playthrough of Divinity 2. One of my top 5 RPG's
Posted By: Stabbey Re: Nightmare ... somtimes :( - 25/03/12 02:11 AM

There is nothing on the ground in the well cave. There are a couple malachite veins there, but it is much easier to get to them before triggering the cutscene with Zagan than afterwards.

Prove that. I want screenshots.

I have gone there and deliberately LOOKED specifically for Malachite Veins in the High Hall well cave and I didn't find any at all.

For the fight with General Raze, I think it's best to get him to 60% health or so before shutting off both levers. Otherwise, you need to do a lot of damage to him in the short time before they come back up.
Posted By: Joram Re: Nightmare ... somtimes :( - 25/03/12 03:02 AM
I remember 2 malachite veins in the Well Cave almost at the end of that cave (at the right side), not so far from where Zagan is, but after stones blocking you way back... you can't get to them. Right ? (I'm not totally sure because I have discovered that the door to the Well Cave via High Hall is after killing Zagan still open, so maybe you can make it to the veins, still ... ? )

But sorry, I can't make screenshots (Xbox) ...
Posted By: Raze Re: Nightmare ... somtimes :( - 25/03/12 03:29 AM

How about a detailed description? A screenshot wouldn't be a huge hassle, but I would need to move some cables to run my Xbox through my DVR, record video to DVD and then bring it to my computer to capture relevant frames.

From the D2:ED topic Malachite Gems;
If you walk up until you get to the far end of a dragon skeleton on your left, you can jump up onto the rock by the hip bone, and then onto the next higher rock to get over to the malachite veins. The next rock on the left edge of the path past the hip bone is an easier way (as far as jumping) to get to the vein, but make sure you jump diagonally to it (forward and left); if you try to walk up to the rock, and then jump left, you can easily trigger the cutscene there (IIRC that is why I missed the veins; I had already reloaded so I could search the place, and the second time getting the cutscene it didn't seem worth reloading again for the small area left unsearched).

You could get to these veins after triggering the cutscene (before leaving the cave) in the original release of D2:ED, but not in DKS (see Lancet's respective FAQs for D2:ED and DKS).

I found it easier to get the levers right away in the fight with General Raze, since a build up of walking armours if you wait too long can get in the way of the levers (a delay reaching the second lever could mean the time running out on the first).
Posted By: Stabbey Re: Nightmare ... somtimes :( - 25/03/12 05:12 AM
All right, thank you. Found them, and took my own screenshots.

The only way I can see to get them in DKS though is to reach the ledge above the battle, then carefully jump down so that you land on the few places that aren't covered in lava and walk across.

I did manage to do that the first time, but that might just have been dumb luck.
Posted By: Raze Re: Nightmare ... somtimes :( - 25/03/12 05:18 AM

I didn't try getting to the malachite veins after the battle in DKS, just noticed that Lancet dropped the description of how to get there. I guess it is just more difficult than it was in D2:ED, though, rather than impossible. The way to get there before triggering the cutscene is the same in D2:ED and DKS.
Posted By: memphis12 Re: Nightmare ... somtimes :( - 25/03/12 02:44 PM
In the cellar "black market" in Aleroth on Flames Of Vengeance there is a locked chest that says "your lockpick skill isn't high enough" even though my lockpick skill is 5/5.... Do I need a trainer to increase it or is it a bug?
Posted By: ChrisHLD Re: Nightmare ... somtimes :( - 25/03/12 03:07 PM
There's a trainer in the Ministry that will upgrade lockpick.
Posted By: memphis12 Re: Nightmare ... somtimes :( - 25/03/12 06:02 PM
Cheers Chris

I was looking up achievements and seen a cool one involving a "killer" bunny. The thing is, my oldest save is in orobas fjords where I can't seem to find any rabbits.

Are there rabbits in flames of vengeance that could trigger this Rabbit?

Thanks again guys.
Posted By: Raze Re: Nightmare ... somtimes :( - 25/03/12 06:23 PM

There are no rabbits in FoV, but there should be some in the fjords (though not quite enough to trigger the killer bunny if you didn't kill any in Broken Valley). Lancet's DKS FAQ/Guide contains a list of rabbit locations.

=====================================
19.4 - LIST OF RABBITS (FOR KILLER BUNNY)
=====================================
Killing 20 rabbits will cause the Killer Bunny to appear. He is a VERY
powerful level 22 enemy, probably overpowering the player if triggered too
early. His melee attacks will demolish even higher-leveled characters, but
lacks anything with range, so picking away with a bow or magic is possible,
but tedious. On death, he drops some gold, and two of any combination of
major/blessed charms and legendary/elder-rarity equipment. Rabbit list
courtesy of Hassat Hunter.

All rabbits are found in ED. There are none in FoV, and thus it is impossible
to fight the Killer Bunny in FoV.

Farglow (Do not count for Killer Bunny requirement!):
-7 found between Zeppelin and town entrance.
-1 found on path to Morgana.

Broken Valley Village region:
-3 near the Zeppelin dock north of the town.
-2 found near the entrance to the village, near the tree.
-1 found near Locke's cart.
-2 found around the village graveyard.
-1 on the ledge near the Chapel shrine.
-3 found in the east edge of Jackson's Farm.
-3 found around the Burned Chapel.

Broken Valley proper:
-1 near the Tribal shrine goblin camp.
-2 found near the mysterious teleporter northeast of Lovis' tower.
-6 in the area around the West Valley shrine.
-5 found in the woods with the Black Ring troops near West Valley shrine.
-4 found in the Bellegar Shrine southeast of the West Valley shrine.
-2 around the bridge near the Bandit Camp.
-2 found on the island southeast of Lovis' tower with a Bellegar shrine.
-8 are found inside the Bandit Camp.
-4 are found around the
-2 near the Bellegar Shrine southwest of the Quarry.
-2 are found near the troll hole south of the South Valley shrine.
-2 on the path to the Orobas Fjords, before the Bellegar Shrine.
-2 on the path to the Orobas Fjords, after the Bellegar Shrine.

Orobas Fjords:
-2 hop around near Yggdrasil.
-5 are found around Dragon Cliff Castle.
-1 resides at Camp Valour.
-3 around the entrance to High Hall.
-3 are at the entrance to the High Hall Mines.
-3 are around the High Hall shrine.
Posted By: ChrisHLD Re: Nightmare ... somtimes :( - 25/03/12 09:52 PM
To be honest I didn't know about the killer rabbit until a little while ago lol.

2 things I couldn't figure out: how to do the white chicken thing right and how to solve the dr needleman problem when he's sitting on top of the lovis tower.
Posted By: Raze Re: Nightmare ... somtimes :( - 25/03/12 11:31 PM

There is no way to solve Casper's problem. You can either kill the white chicken (in Bellegar's shrine nearby) to put him out of his misery, or do nothing. My first time through the game I tried herding the chicken towards Casper (since there was no way to tell him where it was), which became a tad frustrating. I killed it out of annoyance, which was rather funny; not the actual killing, but
getting an achievement for doing so.

You can not do anything for Dr Needleman, either. Without his helmet you cam mindread him to get the password to his storage area (not that there is anything of value there).
Posted By: memphis12 Re: Nightmare ... somtimes :( - 26/03/12 06:41 AM
Cheers Raze. But apparently there are no rabbits in the Fjords on Dragon Knight Saga frown so another run through will be in order.
Like Raze said, when Needleman is sitting into of tower you can then mindread him and get the password for his stash cave.

I never found out passwords for teleporter stones in broken valley at start of game or where to find someone to translate for this guy I met.
Posted By: Raze Re: Nightmare ... somtimes :( - 26/03/12 07:04 AM

For the 2 teleporter pads that require passwords, you need to find 4 Parchment Scrolls in Broken Valley (map - scrolls marked with a P), and then get them translated.

For George Gremory, after you offer to help him decipher the writing on the ruins, you need to find someone who knows old languages...
ZixZax the Almost Wise, Imp historian, by the monument near Maxos temple
Posted By: memphis12 Re: Nightmare ... somtimes :( - 26/03/12 10:50 AM
I had 3 of the 4 parchment scrolls. Never mind. I seen that goblin as well raze, but maybe seen him before I needed to.
Posted By: Joram Re: Nightmare ... somtimes :( - 26/03/12 11:17 AM
Cheers Raze. But apparently there are no rabbits in the Fjords on Dragon Knight Saga frown so another run through will be in order.

I discovered the same thing! Can't remember I killed any rabbits at High Hall etc, so strange ...

Maybe only the original version (Ego Draconis) has those rabbits in Orobas Fjords ?
Posted By: Raze Re: Nightmare ... somtimes :( - 26/03/12 12:23 PM

Ducks and a number of chickens, etc, were removed from the Xbox version of DKS (for performance reasons, though I never had any issue with them in D2:ED). I just loaded up a save at the start of High Hall, and couldn't find any rabbits there...
Posted By: ChrisHLD Re: Nightmare ... somtimes :( - 26/03/12 12:44 PM
Like Raze said, when Needleman is sitting into of tower you can then mindread him and get the password for his stash cave.

I did but his storage has a small box that needs a key. As far as I know no one has figured out where to find that key. I'm thinking if you find his hat he'll give you a key.
Posted By: Joram Re: Nightmare ... somtimes :( - 26/03/12 12:50 PM
Maybe his 'hat' is stolen by Damian :hihi:

No, serious :
I know this must be a bug because no one has ever find that key for the small box !
Posted By: ChrisHLD Re: Nightmare ... somtimes :( - 26/03/12 01:12 PM
I was thinking the answer is in stone's flying fortress, since there's a warp gate next to needleman's storage. I looked all over though.
© Larian Studios forums