Larian Studios
Posted By: Psilocin Crashing while equipping second ring - 18/10/09 03:25 PM
Hello everyone.

I've got a weird problem where I'll crash to my desktop as soon as I try equipping a second ring.
When the rings are picked up they don't automatically go to the second slot and trying to put them on only makes that ring sound and then the game dies immediately.
There's also no error log from what I can see and I have tried turning different modes off and running compability mode.
I'm using Windows 7 and everything else seems to work fine.
Posted By: Raze Re: Crashing while equipping second ring - 18/10/09 07:46 PM

A couple of people have run into this problem, at least one of which was able to drag and drop a ring to equip it without crashing.

Crash with equiping 2nd ring!

Welcome to the forum. wave
Posted By: Psilocin Re: Crashing while equipping second ring - 18/10/09 08:27 PM
Thanks for the welcome smile

I got c2d both with drag and dropping and clicking. Eventually solved it by installing off a friend's copy, though.
Posted By: Raze Re: Crashing while equipping second ring - 19/10/09 04:56 AM

Did you try re-installing from your own CDs/DVD? If so, there may have been a scratch, dust or fingerprint that caused a problem reading/extracting some file. A different optical drive, if available, may be better able to read the disk.

Alternately, you can delete all of the files in the '..\Divine Divinity\Run\Dynamic' folder, and the DirectX install folder, and then just zip the full Divine Divinity folder (other than the saved games; you can move them to another location temporarily). If you burn the resulting file (1.72GB zipped with 7-Zip) to a DVD, you can re-install in the future just by unzipping the file to the desired location (I did this years ago just to test a new DVD burner, and it has come in handy to re-install the game).
Posted By: aarne Re: Crashing while equipping second ring - 25/10/09 04:33 PM
I had the same problem, it was caused by the *Cling* sound what comes when you drop the ring to slot.
I really can't remember the solutions but i got rid of it somehow
© Larian Studios forums