Larian Studios
Hi, I've recently bought DC version of D2 and I decided to "test" it a a little. I've started with morphing to different characters and I've encountered an issue- certain morphs result with CTD (gryphon, hell demon, maybe some others as well). It's of course hardly a game-breaking issue (well- maybe a bit), but I'd like to know if that can be fixed, or should I rather abstain from using dev menu?

I don't have a problem morphing into either Gryphon or the hellgate demon, other than their heads not being shown when I first morphed. Gryphon's head was drawn when I started moving (and the second time it showed up properly); the hellgate demon's head appeared after I used a flying fortress teleporter entrance (since it was handy; entering/exiting a building/cave, etc, should also work, and starting a conversation may help).

The bodies for these 2 demons are actually very similar, other than scale (the heads are quite different), so maybe there is an issue with a particular model?
Hm. I'll check on my pc then, maybe it's laptop problem only.

Nope. Sadly I get CTD on my pc as well...

Maybe it's problem with morphing in specific location? I've been doing this in first location and it crashes always.

One question- it's normal that some doors after unlocking (by dev menu) don't actually open?

I tried a couple new games, with a default female character morphing into a hellgate demon right away, heading in to talk to Morgana and then morphing into Gryphon, and a default male character doing the demons in reverse. I noticed just left clicking was enough to make the heads appear, if that was an issue with the morph.

The doors in Farglow can not be opened; they were placed there to make a more realistic village, but there is no extra content associated. Originally just having a message that they couldn't be opened through lockpicking was good enough, but the Developer Mode can reveal that design shortcut. If you 'goto Region' 004_Tutorial Main and look around (perhaps morph into something that can fly) you'll see similar examples in the design of the environment.
So I'm just unlucky? Fine, it's not a big deal after all.

Thanks for help, anyway wink
© Larian Studios forums