Larian Studios
I own the Steam version of the game, and I have encountered an issue: after Lucian's dialogue at the end, I am treated to the cutscene where Ygerna and Damian are reunited and begin their attack, but after that the game just goes into blackscreen indefinitely and does not respond (can only be closed through the task manager). I looked at the FAQ and tried installing AC3Filter, but that hasn't changed the problem.

Did you try hitting Esc at the black screen? If there was a problem with one of the cutscene videos, that might get the game to skip it.

Rename the Endscene_English.wmv and EXP_Intro_English.wmv videos in the '..\SteamApps\common\divinity2_dev_cut\Data\Video\Story' folder to get the game to skip them (you can watch them in Windows Media Player, etc).
If starting a new FoV character works, it wouldn't be a problem with the starting cutscene, or codec issues, but renaming the video might still help if the problem is with the resolution switching or transition between the videos.

Check for Windows updates, particularly anything related to Windows Media Player codecs.

Try lowering the graphics settings temporarily. In particular, one person reported that turning Dynamic Geometry Distance Rendering to the lowest setting fixed the game freezing for an earlier cutscene (meeting Talana), or you could just switch to the low quality preset.

Try skipping through the conversation, rather than let it end on its own (if you didn't already do so, when re-trying this).

Crash after Ygerna's memory cutscenes

You can try setting the game to run in a window, by editing the file below in a text editor and changing the one to a zero in Fullscreen="1", and see if that will allow it to get through the transition.
C:\Users\<UserName>\AppData\Local\Divinity 2\Profile\graphicoptions.xml

You may need to set Windows Explorer to show hidden files and folders:
http://www.howtogeek.com/howto/windows-vista/show-hidden-files-and-folders-in-windows-vista/
(covers Vista through Win 10)

Alternately, I've see the Windows Borderless Gaming app reported to work with Divinity 2.
© Larian Studios forums