Larian Studios
Posted By: D00M killer bunny...and other lesser rabbits - 24/11/10 08:45 AM
So I have only two rabbits to kill before the Monty Python guest appears.
How the hell do you even scratch him/her? (I haven't picked up a holy hand grenade yet)

Also I've had my fortune told where I have to follow a white rabbit, however no cut scene starts when I walk away from the fortune teller, do I need to be somewhere else for this cut scene to start?
Posted By: mikmac Re: killer bunny...and other lesser rabbits - 24/11/10 08:46 AM
you must go near penelope tombstone and sneak around, then cut-scene will pop-up
Posted By: Aldeuff Re: killer bunny...and other lesser rabbits - 24/11/10 09:21 AM
Hi guys!
I'm playing Divinity 2 Dragon Knight Saga... And i can't find any other bunnies to fight against Mortimer...
I walked all around broken valley, killed all the bunnies i crossed but nothing happened...

Is there other bunnies in the Fjords or somewhere else?
Posted By: D00M Re: killer bunny...and other lesser rabbits - 24/11/10 09:32 AM
Found tons of bunnies in the lower parts of Broken Valley, near the shrines and the river path to the Fjords.

Thanks mikmac, whats the nearest landmark to the grave? I've only found it once. btw how do you sneak? Didn't think you could?
Posted By: Aldeuff Re: killer bunny...and other lesser rabbits - 24/11/10 10:48 AM
Okay! so i'll restart a game to found those bunnies!
Posted By: Stabbey Re: killer bunny...and other lesser rabbits - 24/11/10 12:19 PM
I would seriously wait until you're at least level 22 and in Orobas Fjords, otherwise you'll probably die. There are rabbits in High Hall.
Posted By: slore Re: killer bunny...and other lesser rabbits - 24/11/10 12:40 PM
You can just stand on top of something and poke him with ranged attacks 'till he drops. It's kinda lame, but that's AI for you.
Posted By: Daen Re: killer bunny...and other lesser rabbits - 25/11/10 06:37 PM
He's one tough bunny. I triggered him purely by accident ... my damage auras killed a bunny in High Hall.
Posted By: Aldeuff Re: killer bunny...and other lesser rabbits - 28/11/10 10:22 PM
I restared the game (i'm playing DKS)... i Killed all the rabbits i found...
No more bunnies, and no monthy python guest star... smirk
Posted By: ACSS Re: killer bunny...and other lesser rabbits - 30/11/10 01:27 PM
Its extremely easy to kill the killer bunny now in DKS, as weapon enchantment being extremely power up when comparing to the original ego draconis.

I just recently started from scratch in the DKS version of ego draconis and found that I can easily get a "heroic" bow with enchanted with extra 40 to 50 damage and kill the killer bunny at merely lvl7 in bandit camp. All I needed to do is just jump up to some crates and shoot it till die. It took less than 2 minutes to settle that stupid thing in hard mode, compare to the original ego draconis last time which will took you few times more of the time to kill it. It even drop some "elder" grade items which I never seen in the ego draconis before, which had 2 bonus stats, 2 charm slots and 2 enchantment slot.
Posted By: virumor Re: killer bunny...and other lesser rabbits - 01/12/10 08:24 AM
Well, since the new patch will tone down the high enchantments on weapons, it might get challenging again - as it should be.
Posted By: ACSS Re: killer bunny...and other lesser rabbits - 02/12/10 05:05 AM
Originally Posted by virumor
Well, since the new patch will tone down the high enchantments on weapons, it might get challenging again - as it should be.

That would make it more challenging like before, which is something good. Now is really quite easy even in hard mode with strong weapon enchantment, as it only took me a few arrows to easily kill a mob from range in early stage. And there appear to be quite a lot new set items added into the DKS version of ED, which is good
Posted By: Shaver Re: killer bunny...and other lesser rabbits - 12/12/10 02:25 AM
I was L-11 when I first encountered the "Killer Bunny" and he simply 1-hitted me. He was a L-22 bunny. Next time he showed up, he was L-23 but I was ready for him at L-13. I was being very careful that I wouldn't trigger him until I was inside the bandit camp, doing that quest helping the New Order soldiers. I first finished the bandit quest by eliminating all the bandits. Next, I positioned myself near the pig pen where the highest concentration of soldiers was. That's when I killed my last bunny and he popped up. I kept jumping over the pig pen fence back and forth until finally 5 soldiers surrounded him and trapped him. The rest was shooting a sitting duck from s distance with my bow. He never did break loose or hurt any of the soldiers. It took me over ten minutes to kill him even with the aid of all those soldiers. According to my combat log, they were doing 15-20 dmg each. I ended up getting only 560 exp out of him but got my achievement at L-13 cheer
Posted By: Endurium Re: killer bunny...and other lesser rabbits - 12/12/10 02:38 AM
I also died to the Killer Bunny when he first surprised me outside Maxos' Temple. Knowing I was one or two bunnies from his arrival, I waited until first arriving at the Bandit Camp. There I found I could jump onto rocks and he would return to his spawn point instead of following me, so I spent several minutes whittling down his life with level 13 spells. I was successful!
Posted By: Ma4zu6 Re: killer bunny...and other lesser rabbits - 02/01/11 08:24 PM
How many rabbits i have to kill ??? And where i find the killer ?
Posted By: vometia Re: killer bunny...and other lesser rabbits - 02/01/11 08:43 PM
I'm beginning to wonder if I'm the only one who was too soppy to go around killingmurdering the rabbits! I would've quite liked to have met the killer bunny, but I just don't have it in me to provoke its wrath...
Posted By: Shaver Re: killer bunny...and other lesser rabbits - 02/01/11 08:59 PM
Originally Posted by Ma4zu6
How many rabbits i have to kill ??? And where i find the killer ?
I tried and counted 3 times and came up with the same #: 30

Don't worry about finding the Killer Bunny... HE'LL FIND YAH!
In the "old" Ego Draconis, it was 20 rabbit kills and then HE appears, covered in blood (so cool!). Great humor added from one of the Monty Python movies.

Just be prepared when you kill the 'last' bunny (not sure if it's 20 or 30 now), because The White Bunny is high level and very difficult to kill-- it's got a ton of life and can kill you in 1-2 hits! A trick I utilized on 'old' ED was to save after killing bunnies, then if I 'accidentally' killed the last one, and White Bunny kicked by butt to the ground, I had a recent save and know not to kill 'the last bunny'. Another trick I'd read about in these forums is to get to a higher place before he gets you-- a rock or something. He can't get up high, and will just... hop-hover in the general location. Generally, you can't outrun him.

Save often if you decide to kill bunnies!

Oh, and it doesn't matter where you are when you kill 'the last bunny', The White Bunny will appear BEHIND you after the cut-scene.

Hope this helps you on your hunt!

~~CierraShore
OP:

The white rabbit of the fortune teller is NOT the same as the Killer Bunny-- but be careful about killing bunnies and having the # close while trying to follow the white rabbit of the fortune (which takes you to a magic chest of loot); I've lost the white rabbit more than once playing the 'old' ED.

Also in the 'old' ED, I killed the White Bunny by 'spawning' him in a certain location where I could get higher ground and use a bow (though I play a mostly warrior character). Took forever, even after resetting to "easy" mode!

Lots of fun! smile I do hope there's awesome loot this time, as he was so hard to kill and got basically nothing for it (that I recall).

All best,
~~CierraShore
Posted By: Shaver Re: killer bunny...and other lesser rabbits - 03/01/11 03:57 PM
Originally Posted by CierraShore
...Great humor added from one of the Monty Python movies...

That'd be it! Thanks for posting it, Shaver. laugh

"Run away, run away!" That's great advice!

~~CierraShore
Posted By: vometia Re: killer bunny...and other lesser rabbits - 04/01/11 09:57 AM
Originally Posted by CierraShore
"Run away, run away!" That's great advice!

I think it's a very underrated tactic; and one that's certainly served me well. grin
Posted By: PKodon Re: killer bunny...and other lesser rabbits - 24/03/13 05:40 PM
Okay guys, I'm not sure how much bearing this has on how many bunnies you have to kill to get the killer bunny, but I only had to kill 20 to get the killer bunny. I had picked up and read Robin's hunting log, which mentions that he had killed 19 bunnies, and had heard rumors of a "killer bunny", but never found one.

I, too, waited till I was in the bandit camp (though it was my first visit) to kill the last bunny, then hopped on top of a sort of roof over a feed trough near the hogs. No one aided me, and I got a lot of experience points for killing it. I might have been level 12 or so. I also got a few Elder items, great stuff for so early in the game.

PK
Posted By: Lotrotk Re: killer bunny...and other lesser rabbits - 24/03/13 07:54 PM
Originally Posted by slore
You can just stand on top of something and poke him with ranged attacks 'till he drops. It's kinda lame, but that's AI for you.

That was my tacic as well
Posted By: Joram Re: killer bunny...and other lesser rabbits - 25/03/13 01:28 PM
The funny thing in the bandit camp is that you can let the bandits do durty work for you trying to kill the Killer bunny !

But then on that time you don't have to say to Louis that you found the bandit camp and the password to come in, because then the bandits are against you ! ;-)
Maybe if you first kill your 20th bunny to let appear the Killer Bunny the bandits also try to kill that big bunny, but I didn't try this option. And: better safe than sorry biggrin
rescue Rothman before tackling the bunny.....by then, you should have enough exp to handle the bow.

or you can raid robin's storage....kill the boars.....you'll get a nice bow from there.

I wait till the bandit camp is taken over...let the soldiers help.
Posted By: Joram Re: killer bunny...and other lesser rabbits - 12/04/13 05:20 AM
Originally Posted by seymoregutz

I wait till the bandit camp is taken over...let the soldiers help.

You're correct ! I had a bad moment remembering me a wrong situation with the bandit camp !

It's indeed better to wait till the bandit camp is taken over and let the soldiers help, much better up

But maybe I can once try that other situation I earlier mentioned ... to see if that works out fine ... think
© Larian Studios forums