Larian Studios
Posted By: Local Arben's shield And Other Mind-Read quests - 27/11/10 06:28 PM
I read Arben's mind and found out about his lost shield. I found a cave with a gold box and a shield in it, but i cannot pick up either item.

Also, i read some girl's mind in the tarven, forgot who, who claims she left her coin purse in the chapel. I see an item laying under the stairs with the guy peaching. I cannot pick this up either.

Any idas why i cannot pick these up, or are these not related to the two mind-reading quests that i mentioned?
Welcome to the forum!!! I have no idea but do you remember what area that girl was in, it was in Broken valley was it not? Maybe it´s a bug. Ey, mom, wheres the bug spray???
Arben's shield is in a special dungeon in the Orobas Fjords, it isn't in Broken Valley.
Originally Posted by Local
I read Arben's mind and found out about his lost shield. I found a cave with a gold box and a shield in it, but i cannot pick up either item.

Also, i read some girl's mind in the tarven, forgot who, who claims she left her coin purse in the chapel. I see an item laying under the stairs with the guy peaching. I cannot pick this up either.

Any idas why i cannot pick these up, or are these not related to the two mind-reading quests that i mentioned?

The shield is located in Orobas' Crypt and is leaning on a kind of an altar, a small stone monument with skulls, horns and candles in front of it. Are you there?

If you're in the right place you should be able to interact with the item and to pick it up. Maybe sometimes it's a bit tricky to get the "interact modus", so you should hover the mouse ( target acquisition) back and forth over the shield until you get the golden arrow above the shield.

Same thing with Linda's (the miller's daughter) purse in the chapel.

If this doesn't work there might be a problem and I have no other idea than saving, reloading and trying again.

milorien
Actually the sheild is
under his skeleton
Originally Posted by grannyct
Actually the sheild is
under his skeleton

Only to clarify, so people aren't confused. smile

You're right if you're referring to ED as it releases, but in DKS it's changed and the shield's definitely placed at the altar.

milorien
© Larian Studios forums