Larian Studios
I'm in the Sinister Cave, took the first portal to an L-Shaped section. There are jumping platforms over lava. I made up almost to the top no problem, but now I'm stuck. It's not that I can't execute a jump, I simply have no idea where I'm supposed to jump to.
[Linked Image]

As you can see, there's a platform directly in front of me and one to my right. I can't use either one to advance further because they drop as soon as I touch them. Jumping off them return them to their original position, so both seem useless to jump to that platform farther ahead directly in front of me? What's the trick? Please help, this is ruining what was otherwise a very enjoyable game.
If I remember right, you just need to do the jumps very quickly, before they drop too much. I don't remember it as being too hard, but it did take a few tries. If you using the PC version, make sure you map the Quicksave and Quickload commands to the keyboard - they're your friend here.
Ya, you have to be quick on your feet young grasshopper. bow
So take off yer lead boots and start moving ..quick like a rpg006

happy rpg008 hunting
I'll just add that, fortunately, it's not as hard as it seems: even writing as the world's clumsiest gamer I managed to do it as long as I didn't hesitate! Some platforms elsewhere are tricky, but this one isn't too bad as long as you don't hang about.
Actually, in this case, the trick WAS to hesitate. I was so hell-bent on jump, jump, jump! BUT then I tried jumping on that platform in front me and holding still - it dropped....and then stopped. I hopped up and down on it and it raised up to it's original position and stayed there. QUICKSAVE. From there, I could practice getting my jump just right to that next, far platform. It took many, many tries. I had to hit jump at the last possible second. It would never have been possible doing it all in one sequence because of the way the platform drops when you first touch. You have to get it to rise back up to the high position, and that means, jumping on it more than once. Thanks for your tips everyone. On the earlier parts of the puzzle, it definitely was nonstop running and jumping, like Super Mario - just lay on the 'forward' button and jump!
© Larian Studios forums